BLEEDING [✔️]

By velvetydays

Sep, 26, 2021 : #67 in romance Sep, 26, 2021 : #15 in drama Sep, 12, 2021 : #2 in loving April, 29, 2023 : #1... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
BLEEDING - 1
BLEEDING - 2
BLEEDING - 3
BLEEDING - 4
BLEEDING - 6
BLEEDING - 7
BLEEDING - 8
BLEEDING - 9
BLEEDING - 10
BLEEDING - 11
BLEEDING - 12
BLEEDING - 13
BLEEDING - 14
BLEEDING - 15
BLEEDING - 16
BLEEDING - 17
BLEEDING - 18
BLEEDING - 19
BLEEDING - 20
BLEEDING - 21
BLEEDING - 22
BLEEDING - 23
BLEEDING - 24
BLEEDING - 25
BLEEDING - 26
BLEEDING - 27
BLEEDING - 28
BLEEDING - 29
BLEEDING - 30
BLEEDING - 31
BLEEDING - 32
BLEEDING - 33
BLEEDING - 34
BLEEDING - 35
BLEEDING - 36
BLEEDING - 37
BLEEDING - 38
BLEEDING - 39
BLEEDING - 40 (BONUS CHAPTER - 1)
BLEEDING - 41 (BONUS CHAPTER 2)
BLEEDING - 42 ( BONUS CHAPTER 3 )
NEW BOOK UPDATE - I
NEW BOOK UPDATE - II
NEW BOOK UPDATE - III

BLEEDING - 5

1.4K 101 81
By velvetydays

Chloe trudged along the pavement at a slow pace, she watched her feet, her heels clacked on the ground underneath, that seemed to resonate throughout the street.

Upon reaching infront of his house she hesitated to knock.

"Should I press the bell ? What if he is asleep. He did come late."

"I should perhaps come later.
No wait ! What if he comes late again. I won't be able to introduce myself. I should do it right now. I don't think he will mind."

At the other side of the door, Sam slammed his fist and kicked into the punching bag, unleashing his fury against it. His face was rigid, jaws clamped. His head was pounding, a dark purple bruise lined his knuckles. It looked painful still his face was void of any emotions.

Even after brutally injuring his opponent yesterday night, he was vengeful. He was dwelling over his failure. He was mad at himself and his anger won't subdue until he finds that person.

The burning sensation in his throat forced him to stop. He grabbed the bottle and pressed the cool rim against his dry cracked lips. A single drop followed by others traced their way inside his mouth.

He glided by the bed and laid down in an attempt to relax himself. His mind wandered to everything he had gone through, the way he ended up in this World away from his dreams.

Before, his thoughts drove him crazy, door bell rang.

He jerked up and on impulse, reached out for his gun.

For others a doorbell may sound cheerful, an announcement of a friend but to him it was no more than a step away from a gunshot ready to tear him apart.

He took slow and cautious steps towards the door and peeked outside. He watched a feminine figure standing in his doorway with her back facing his door.

Adrenaline coursed through his body as a survival instinct, he violently opened the brown wooden door and at the speed of lightening, pulled her in and cornered her near the entrance.

"Oww .. oww .. oww .. What are you doing ? Leave me." Chloe whimpered.

"Who are you ?" He asked. His voice was fierce and domineering.

Pain takes over a portion of her brain. Her body turned clammy, cold sweat matted her forehead.

"Who are you ?" He asked as he pinned her harder against the wall. She winced in pain.

" I .. I'm. I'm your new neighbour. I just .. just came to say hello. Please leave me. It hurts." She choked on her words. His hold around her wrist visibly loosened.

As soon as he let her go, she straightened herself and notices how her wrist turns into a nasty smudge of purple.

She slowly turned around to look at her attacker. A well defined torso was first to come in her view.

"The man is definitely fitter looking than I had expected." She thought.

She lifted her gaze and gaped openly as she observed his prominent cheekbones and sharp jaw obsecured by a thin beard.

On either side of his straight nose was a pair of two mesmerizing deep ocean blues fringed with coral greens. His graceful dark brows were currently furrowed in a frown. A long jagged scar curled just above his right brow. It was rough and pale. Whatever had caused the injury had never been stitched or treated.

Despite the scar he was still handsome. Underneath the damaged skin was a structure of God. All of it was adored by his tousled dark brown hair.

Before she could look away with shyness Sam caught her eye. In that moment, her body flush warm.

Sam took his time and assessed her from top to bottom, not checking her out instead contemplating whether to believe on her words or not.

His eyes travelled from her beautiful iridescent blue eyes, to her cherry red lips down to her curvaceous body.

"Get out" he said in his usual deep voice . He saw shock registered on her face before she could hide it.

"What ?" She voiced softly, unable to compute his words.

"I said fu**ing get out." He repeated, his voice louder than before. She cringed at his words and scurried out. He closed the door behind her with a loud bang. She jumped on her spot and released a shaky sigh.

"He is such a meanie. Who talks like that to their neighbours." She huffed and walked away.

A cab, she quite recognised pulled off infront of her house and a familiar middle aged man came out, his back facing her.

"Mr.Micheal ?" She called unsure of her words. He turned around with sweet smile on his face.

"Ms.Moretz"

"They sent you." She spoke, her lips curving up in a smile.

"Indeed, they did." He said.

"I am glad." She replied and got into the cab while he drove them to her destination.

She forgot all her confrontation with the rude man as she calls him and focused on the first day of her job.

Shortly they reached The Kingsley Corp.

"All The Best, Chloe." Michael wished her.

"Thank you, Mr.Michael" She replied with a genial smile playing on her lips.

She got out of the car and at once her eyes fell on the majestic building. The Skyscraper towered above her like a menhir of concrete and glass.

The hustle and bustle of the city was on full swing. There were men and women everywhere. Some were laughing and chatting while others were moving in maximum speed with their heads buried in files.

Chloe took a deep breath and walked inside the building ignoring the tickling feeling inside her stomach.

Upon reaching the reception, she saw a chubby lady perhaps in her mid 40s sitting by a counter.

"Hello" Chloe greeted her. Lady with the name tag of Lara Adams turned to her.

"Hello, how may I help you ?" She asked politely.

"I am Chloe, new employee here in Accounts Department. It's my first day of joining. Could you please tell me which way I have to go ?"

"Can I see your ID ?" Lara questioned.

"Oh yes, of course." Chloe took out the card from her wallet and handed it to her.

"Good morning, Lara" They heard a  cheerful voice at the same time. Chloe turned around and saw a handsome man coming their way.

He wasn't very built still seemed strong. His golden - brown hair were combed neatly. There was softness in his hazel eyes and gentleness in his smile.

"Oh Good morning, Lewis"

"So how's morning treating you ?" He asked Lara and turned to Chloe with a confused expression on his face.

"Ahh !! As usual, anyways meet Chloe."

"Hello, I am Chloe Moretz. I am new here. It's good to meet you. "

"Hi, pleasure to meet you as well, I am Lewis Clark, I work here in Accounts Department."

"She is in the same department." Lara cheered.

"That's great" Lewis uttered."

"Yeah" Chloe smiled.

"Come lets go, don't want to get you late on the first day, do we ?" He asked with a sweet smile on his face.

"Of course not." She replied and they moved to the elevator.

Rest of the day passed by with her juggling through papers and working on computers. It was certainly her first day but from viewpoint of a third person, it won't seem like that.

Evening came by, sunset crept through the open blinds. Millions of lights caused the dense mass of skyscrapers glitter.

"You need a ride ?" Lewis asked as they strolled out of the building.

"No thank you, I'll go by cab." She said and pointed at Michael's cab.

"Okay, see ya tomorrow."

"Will sure do."

They bid their goodbyes and parted their ways.

Later that night Chloe sat by the window stargazing again. Her eyes momentarily flickered to his house. When all other houses were brightened up by lamps. His house was in dark.

To her darkness is strong protective arms, holding her close until the promised dawn, yet seeing the blackness that surrounded his house seemed destructive as if it did not give any mercy to anyone and traps them, confines them within the high walls.

A shudder ran through her at her own thought.

"He is so mysterious." She mumbled to herself and glided to bed bringing another day to end.

______________________________________

Hope you liked this Chapter . If yes please vote and share your views in the comments .

Stay happy
Stay healthy
Stay tuned !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 1.9K 55
|Book 1 in Dangerous Mafia Series| Please read this first| A girl who has secrets and thoughts darker than most. A boy who will be the leader of the...
133K 1.6K 52
❝𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬? ❞ ~~~~~...
54.6K 1.8K 64
He seemed like the devil. He was evil. Cruel. She was always portrayed as a weapon. A tool. An occasional use. One wrong turn -literally- and ever...
499K 18.7K 53
Daniela O'Brien. Dani is the girl you would say has absolutely no luck going for her at all. Two dead parents, an estranged sister and an abusive, c...