The Materialists | Book 1 + 2...

By Kujiis

[ FINISHED - unedited ] ❝How do I... How do I stop them?" "You want to stop them?" Rachel raised an eyebrow. ... More

00
00.5
prologue + disclaimer
01 | Gold Digger
02 | Gucci is Slutty
03 | Social Suicide
04 | Pre-fuckup Plans
05 | Pretty boys
06 | Bathroom sex
07 | Cake Face
08 | A Party for the Privileged
09 | She's Too Perfect
10 | The Queen Bee is a Bitch
11 | The Real Devil Is Never Disguised
12 | The Beginning of the Beginning
13 | You Aren't Important Enough
The Invitation
14 | Champagne for the Sane
15 | The People in Power are Fools
16 | Bruised Apple
17 | You play Chess, I play Checkers
18 | The Game Of Life
19 | Lucifer is a Saint
20 | Tic-Tac-Toe
21 | You Should Be Scared
22 | She Is Temporary
23 | You can drown or you can die
THE DYNASTY {} Book 2
Cast & Playlist {} Book 2
01 | im only famous in AUS
02 | this is the GIRLS bathroom
03 | I make allies not friends
04 | you'd be a terrible businesswoman
05 | the queen bee is a bitch, pt 2.
06 | there's always something to be tired of
07 | but please don't hate me
08 | so no goodbye?
09 | this isn't a formal gathering
10 | dogs get the scraps
11 | every story has two sides
12 | a devils resurrection
13 | the queen hasn't fallen, yet
14 | always one step behind
15 | scared of the crown
16 | you are officially fucked
17 | one last gesture
18 | the lonely king that was never alone
19 | you weren't thinking
20 | the truth
21 | do I look like a cat person to you?
22 | but I missed you
23 | shes her mothers daughter
24 | so I'm not allowed to care?
25 | we can figure this out
26 | comfort and closure
27 | self control
28 | one-way ticket
29 | the good kind of selfish
30 | In a while crocodile
31 | farewell, _____ _____
Authors Q&A

Epilogue

4.1K 140 303
By Kujiis

Thought we built a dynasty that heaven couldn't shake
Thought we built a dynasty, like nothing ever made
Thought we built a dynasty forever couldn't break up

✂︎------------------------

26 YEAR OLD Laura Strathen. CEO of the multimillionaire fashion company that made uniforms for schools, suits for men, and formal wear for women.

In 10 years, she was able to build a company from the ground up. With the help of her multimillionaire parents, clearly.

She wasn't just prospering, she was drowning in wealth and fame. And at 26-years-old. A role model for young women looking into a future with fashion, and an icon for people who had just ventured into that world.

She was at the point in her life everyone wanted to be. She could retire on the spot and remain rich till the day she died.

And today she was walking down the red carpet, arm in arm with her equally successful and handsome, may I add, fiance. An actor that men and women alike would die for. Quite literally.

The two weren't just a power couple, they were the couple. As voted for with popular majority on websites and magazines across the world.

Laura Strathen and Zion Hearst.

Laura's dark red dress flowed beautifully out from underneath her, the v cut dangerously low in the front. The sleeves were long and cascading into a nude sparkly color that blended with her skin tone, leaving just the glitter to show. The dress was long and tight on her body, but branching out into the flowy material that just brushed the ground. The matte red lipstick and jewelry fit the outfit perfectly. The piece that stood out the most, and took almost everyone by surprise, was the necklace.

Paparazzi and onlookers assumed she'd take it off. The necklace she'd be seen to wear every single day for the past 10 years. There isn't a picture on the internet, or in her Instagram feed where she could be seen without it. Besides the time it broke and she had to go without for a single day to have it repaired.

A silver necklace, a silver rose. Standing boldly against her pale skin, positioned so that everyone could see.

Her partner, Zion Hearst, wore a suit quite clearly made by the brand, none other than the one Laura owned herself. And it matched perfectly alongside her. The gold material that looked so elegant with the saphire red. They looked like king and queen, and photographers and media couldn't get enough of them.

Together they walked down the carpet, socializing and often posing for photos. Laura Strathen finally had a name, it seemed.

But strangely enough, only a few meters away, stood another A-list celebrity watching in awe as she walked.

27 year old, Isaia Woods. Millionaire model and one of the founders of now popular and successful Movie Production company.

As he stood, socializing with a fellow aqqaintance who also was walking the red carpet that night, he couldn't take his eyes off the star of the show that night.

Laura Strathen. She looked the same as ever, yet only more beautiful in his eyes. But once again, he stood watching as someone else owned her heart.

Isaia never forgot Laura. And Laura never forgot him. And even years later after both of them started appearing on billboards, magazines, and even eachothers Instagram explore page more and more, they both refrained from reuniting.

Although Isaia held a special part in Laura's heart, and forever will, he had to accept he would never be the one. He wasn't then, and he wasn't now.

It pained him, to see her in such close proximity but not have the courage or pride to just walk up and say hello. So instead he stood, his eyes focused on the beautiful blonde with the signature red that hasn't changed since high school.

Finishing up another pose, Laura looked out bitterly at the crowd with a blank expression on her face. She enjoyed it, but her feet were progressively hurting more and more.

"Almost done, love," Zion whispered in her ear, as they turned, continuing down the carpet as the flashing cameras stained their eyesight.

Laura nodded, tossing a glance at the person she least expected herself to end up with. In the corner of her eye, she thought she spotted a familiar face.

Looking over her shoulder, her eyesight locked upon none other, than Isaia himself.

They stood there for a few seconds. Just scanning over one another. 

It was really him, Laura thought to herself. And she felt her heart lurch forwards. A slight tug came on her arm, as Zion stood almost impatiently, looking curiously at his soon to be wife.

Laura lifted her hand, ever so slightly, waving for only a second or two at the man who'd given her the necklace she wore all those years ago. Isaia's eyes flashed with a glimpse of hope, but returned the wave with a simple small smile and a nod. Nothing more.

And then Laura turned, continuing down the carpet.

Song Of The Chapter: dynasty - MIIA

. . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .

A/N

so uh... I guess that concludes The Materialists.

I can't believe it's really over tbh. I don't even remember when I started this, about almost exactly 1 year ago, but I know this is the only book I've ever began writing and fully finished. Two books, 1 series technically.

Some part of me knew all along I wasn't going to finish with a happy ending, or with Isaia and Laura being together. To be honest a majority of stories I write, I always plan out some sort of sad ending.

So... sorry about that aha.

In all seriousness, if you are reading this, and you stayed the whole time. Since when I posted the first chapter and just now posted the last. I want to say thank you. So so so so much. I thought wattpad was cringy, and I wasn't going to post nor read on this website when I first made an account. And I never even expected to get 1k reads. But now I'm sitting here with a completed series and 90k reads and comments from people around the world that I LOVE reading, by the way.

I get writers block so easily, and just seeing the number of reads grow, and the more comments being made gave me so much motivation and desire to keep writing. I remember some time during the first book I even took like a 4 month break where I just didn't post, and didn't plan to either. That was before 1k reads, I think.

But I'm so happy I stuck with it, and if you're reading this I'm happy you did too. Whether you liked or hated this book.

If you have ANY comments about literally anything at all, whether it has to do with the book or not. Comment them here :)

I might do an authors qna if people actually have that many questions teehee

Seriously, I love you all so much. Writing this was a journey, and it was certainly fun.

So see you in the next book! Much much love -- Kujiis

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85 0 6
_________𓆩♡𓆪 _________ Welcome to Apex Heights Institute. One of the most prestigious cutthroat academy's in the world and number one in the count...
189K 5.9K 37
Book 1 - The Lotus Moon Series - Beta Lancaster Beta Taylor Lancaster was never supposed to take a mate, as a category three dangerous wolf, he was d...
205K 5.6K 34
"Oh Cmon London! It's not that bad! She's just there to help and protect you! After all there are people coming after me and I wanna make sure your o...
608K 20.1K 47
HEIRS SERIES #1 ~Eres Academy~ Paige Bennet is a commoner. Wealth isn't in her vocabulary, nor is designer...