Babysitter Cougar [COMPLETE]

By sufiena1608

[Featured on WattpadMulticultural - Reads Of The Month November 2021] Cougar is a sexual term for a mature wo... More

Author's Note
Cover Book
Prologue
Chapter 1 page 1 - Madonna & I
Chapter 1 page 2 - Maia's Offer
Chapter 1 page 3 - Meet Sabina
Chapter 1 page 4 - Meet Hussaini
Chapter 2 page 1 - The Attic Attack
Chapter 2 page 2 - Monopoly Mishaps
Chapter 3 page 1 - The Handover
Chapter 3 page 2 - The Chase
Chapter 3 page 3 - Ice Cream Treaty
Chapter 4 page 1 - The Bully
Chapter 4 page 2 - Attack of The Geese
Chapter 5 page 1 - 95% In Favour Denied
Chapter 5 page 2 - First Cub
Chapter 6 page 1 - Getting Caught
Chapter 6 page 2 - The Talk Part 1
Chapter 6 page 3 - The Talk Part 2
Chapter 7 page 1 - Chatterbox
Chapter 7 page 2 - Fatal Reaction
Chapter 8 page 2 - The Proposal
Chapter 9 page 1 - Unwelcoming Home
Chapter 9 page 2 - Rejection
Chapter 9 page 3 - Bury The Hatchet
Chapter 10 page 1 - Second Cub
Chapter 10 page 2 - Broken
Chapter 11 page 1 - Third Cub
Chapter 11 page 2 - Shocking Truth
Chapter 13 page 1 - Fourth Cub
Chapter 12 page 2 - The Nightcap
Chapter 12 page 3 - Travel Plans
Chapter 13 - Sibling Fight
Chapter 14 page 1 - The Cubs Abroad
Chapter 14 page 2 - Departure
Chapter 15 page 1- Good Bosses Don't Stay
Chapter 15 page 2 - The Special Officer
Chapter 16 - Cold Shoulder
Chapter 17 page 1 - First Meeting
Chapter 17 page 2 - The Grudges
Chapter 18 page 1 - Stay Back
Chapter 18 page 2 - Team Night Shift
Chapter 18 page 3 - The Ride Home
Chapter 19 page 1 - T-Rex Appeaser
Chapter 19 page 2 - Post-Theatre Drink
Chapter 20 page 1 - Board Breakout
Chapter 20 page 2 - Breakfast Talk
Chapter 21 page 1 - Solo Trip
Chapter 21 page 2 - Another Blunder
Chapter 21 page 3 - Counselling Gone Bad
Chapter 21 page 4 - The Gossip
Chapter 22 page 1 - Comforting Saint
Chapter 22 page 2 - Getting Laid
Chapter 22 page 3 - Ma Tora Dost Darom
Chapter 23 page 1 - Arriving Palmira Loft
Chapter 23 page 2 - Dinner Talk
Chapter 23 page 3 - Circle of Events
Chapter 24 - Confession
Chapter 25 page 1 - Meet The Parents
Chapter 25 page 2 - Lamentation
Chapter 26 page 1 - The Last Cub
Chapter 26 page 2 - That Bitch
Chapter 27 page 1 - 3 Girls 1 Guy & CoSec Plc
Chapter 27 page 2 - Busted
Chapter 28 page 1 - Birth & Depression
Chapter 28 page 2 - Marriage Wreck
Chapter 29 - The Monster
Chapter 30 page 1 - The Edge of The Bridge
Chapter 30 page 2 - The Fall
Chapter 30 page 3 - Wrecking World
Epilogue page 1
Epilogue page 2
Epilogue page 3
Bonus Chapter - page 1
Bonus Chapter - page 2

Chapter 8 page 1 - Commemoration

129 15 2
By sufiena1608

The last days of school for us, Form 5 students are brimming with joy from the completion of our SPM exams. Now we're able to conclude the chapters of our high school dramas before facing the bitter reality of college, careers, bills and marriage.

Since we don't have a graduation ceremony other than the prom night, girls of my cohort from both science and art streams shuffle from one classroom to another to commemorate each other's 12 years of hardships in school. Some exchange contacts, swapping handmade gifts or bought ones while some let each other sign on their respective pinafores, uniform shirts or autograph books as memento.

I wait for my turn to approach Jocelyn who already has her friends throng her like a swarm of bees before they disperse into the adjacent hallway. I thought of clearing things off with her, to tell her that I've moved on and that I no longer have feelings for her. But the skip of my heartbeat tells me otherwise.

Jocelyn responds to my presence with a cold nod.

"Yes, Sofia," Jocelyn's eyes peer at me through her wide rectangular glasses. Her broad shoulder stiffens as though in position to pounce away from me.

"I don't want nothing from you, just wanted to say happy graduating and good luck with your future undertakings. May you find happiness in whatever you do," my speech is scripted. "And I'm sorry if I ever creep you out or causes discomfort with my presence."

Jocelyn's watchful eyes relax as she heaves a sigh of guilt. "Thank you. I wish the same for you too. I'm sorry if I ever hurt your feelings. You're not that creepy, well not anymore. You're okay actually."

I glance at her wrist and note that she's wearing the Swatch watch I bought for her 16th birthday last year, the reason why I took up babysitting.

"I like your watch," I smirk.

"Yeah. Although I'm more of a G-Shock fan but this one happens to be my favourite spare," she curves her lips into a genuine smile.

For a minute I thought this conversation would not end well and I was ready to get my heart broken once more. But after a minute of staring at each other in silence, she finally gives in for an embrace. It's still rather stiff, not a wholehearted hug but I appreciate her effort of keeping her guard down for me. And I finally was able to scrape her off of my 'People Who Wants Me Dead' list.

       ⭐⭐🌟🌟🌟🌟⭐⭐⭐

The faint breathing of a child, softly puffing against my calf arouses me from my deep sleep. Mom often reminded me that any nap in the late afternoon is considered unhealthy. But the trip to Aquaria and Petrosains at Suria KLCC Mall earlier today had got both Saint and I arriving Freesia Court knackered and passed out after that.

I tilt my head downwards to find heavy sleeper Saint by the corner of the bed, sprawling horizontally on my feet, facing down. He must've been as exhausted as I was, so he decided to crash in. Or maybe he was trying to wake me up to play Risk as promised, but defeated and fell asleep waiting.

I cautiously prop myself up with my elbows and slowly tuck my both legs towards me without waking him up. As his whole body gently lays on the mattress, I flit to the edge of the bed and tiptoe across the room to exit before padding into the dining hall.

Sabina's lounging by the kitchen counter, beaming while she browses through photos in her brand new Olympus digital camera. I lumber into the kitchen as Sabina beckons me with her delightful voice.

I come forward to her and she tilts the screen behind the camera towards me. She shows the digitalised photos that were captured throughout our trip, and I'm fascinated by the clear images on the small screen with minimal amount of pixelation. Soon with these new gadgets, we no longer have to deposit our rolled films at the photo shop to have the photos printed.

Sabina swipes the touch panel to the left, flipping one image to another. Among photos shown are images of us under an underwater tunnel overlooking beautiful showcase of a manmade oceanarium in Aquaria, me and Saint inside the Dark Ride in Petrosains, selfie of us having outdoor lunch at Dome Café and me and Saint taking an afternoon nap like brothers and sisters after a tiring day.

"Just look at you two, so cute," Sabina commends. "I don't often see Saint this happy on a day trip at the mall like this."

I give photos the once-over before agreeing to her comment. Saint's grinning face in every image on the screen was unquestionably genuine. It's no doubt that he's no longer the callous and grumpy boy I used to know, he had outgrown them to become someone cordial and warm. Although I see he's struggling to be sensible so that he could place himself to be among my peers, he's getting there somehow. 

Seeing the remarkable transformation in him is a cathartic experience to me. And I admit, I'm heavy-hearted to leave this wonderful family who accepts and loves me like I'm one of them. The thought of planning for college degree and hunt for scholarships or study loan would mean that I can no longer do this babysitting job and visit Freesia Court ever again.

I look away from the camera, casting down my eyes towards the marble counter top as I contemplate over my future and the anticipated SPM results that will arrive somewhere in March next year.

Like what you've read so far? Don't forget to

Gif source : Tenor

Camera photo source : BBC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

892K 31.1K 26
WATTYS 2022 SHORTLIST EDITOR'S CHOICE -- SEPTEMBER 2021 EXCLUSIVE CHAPTERS AND WRITER'S REVEAL CONTENT AVAILABLE - NOT A PAID STORY Appearances can b...
1.8M 94.3K 78
Main story:COMPLETED Extras:ONGOING ___________________________ After his miserable death, Su Ying transmigrates into a glass-hearted 'white lotus' '...
2.5M 84.6K 37
Tutoring the Bad Boy. ~~ He smirked. "Whoops! Look who has read 50 Shades of Grey. Trust me getting kinky is almost every guys dream. I knew you had...
37.9K 2K 35
Book 1 of Tainted Series "Aapne maara hai mere maa baba ko. I hate you. Apni shaqal bhi dikhayi toh I'll kill myself " ~ Annahita Thakur •••••••••••...