Arabella Academy: Perfectly I...

By musembee

***NOW A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY*** [Book One of the Arabella Academy Series] Four teenagers, one dead girl an... More

Welcome to Arabella Academy
A Note For The Judges
Achievements
Character Inspiration
1. Super Brawl
2. The Wages Of Sin...
3. Sergeant Marcus Reporting For Toilet Duty Sir!
4. The Murder
5. Wait, Am I A Suspect?
6. Situational Irony
7. Emotional Turmoil
8. Encounters Of The Bizarre Kind
9. Salt To The Injury
10. The Truth Will Come Out, It Always Does
11. Of Things Kept Under Wraps
12. Old Bob's Abandoned Garage
13. A Bolt From The Blue
14. Murder 2.0
15. Retractions and Aspirations
16. Stressed Out
17. The Tenacious Three... And A Plan Gone Wrong
18. S.H.I.T.
19. The Spaniard
20. The Expiravit Of Middlewood
21. Plan Of Action
22. Double Date: Part One
23. Double Date: Part Two
24. Amateur Spies
25. Interrogation
26. The Managing Director
27. Bad Blood
28. Like Father Like Son
29. Reparation
30. Surprise Visit
31. The Three 'Muskecheaters'
32. Pride Day: Part One
33. Pride Day: Part Two
34. Pride Day: Part Three
35. Pride Day: Part Four
37. The Lost Sheep
38. A Friend In Need....
39. Mission Retrieval
40. Memories We Lost
41. Of Entanglements
42. The Grief Cycle
43. Room 34
44. Third Death's A Charm
45. Surveillance Here, Surveillance There, Surveillance Everywhere
46. La Luz Del Sol
47. Perfectly Imperfect
48. Ghosts Of The Past
49. Truth-seeking
50. Blueprints & Death Prints
51. The Thanks Of Donkeys
52. Dying Wishes
53. Rain In The Summer
54. Denials
55. Broken Promises
Book Finale Trailer
56. Justice For Sheila: Part One
57. Justice For Sheila: Part Two
58. The Storm After The Calm
Epilogue
Arabella Academy: The Collectors
Book Two: Sneak Peek

36. Back At Old Bob's

71 18 4
By musembee

A single lie discovered is enough to create doubt in every truth expressed.

~Anonymous

***

Marcus, Jeff, Michelle and Luis exited school in a hurry once the day was over. The worry on their faces was noticeable, each one trying to make their pace quicker than the other. Their minds went back to the time Calvin had called Michelle later that day.

"Come to Old Bob's Abandoned Garage after school. Make sure nobody's following you. And for your sake and safety, stay out of Stevens' sight."

As they approached Old Bob's Abandoned Garage, they tried to guess why they were being called. Each one was so occupied in their own thoughts that Michelle was almost run over by a car while crossing the road. Jeff was the most pissed of the four of them. Everything was surely going perfectly until Calvin decided to call them. Luis noticed him fidgeting and held his hand, calming Jeff instantly.

"We should not enter the garage from the front gate," Michelle said as the garage came into sight.

"We can search for an opening in the fence. I'm pretty sure there is one," Jeff suggested.

They all nodded and made their way to the back of the garage where they found an opening big enough for them and sneaked in through it. Once inside, they moved stealthily, using cars as their shields and keeping an eye out for any other people who might have been there.

They reached the shed they had hid before and squatted being the iron sheets. Michelle then dialled Calvin's number. They all suddenly jumped when they heard a ringtone sound from behind them. The four then heaved a sigh of relief when they saw Calvin, who was looking at them with the same expression of surprise on his face.

"Calvin, you gave us quite a scare!" Michelle started. Calvin offered her his hand for support and she took it, hoisting herself up. The other three thrust themselves up and looked around.

"Yeah," Jeff chimed in. "With that ginger hair of yours, you look like a scarecrow. Your eyes were actually about to pop out."

"Sorry for the fright," Calvin apologised. He scanned his eyes around the area and then turned back to the students. "Has anyone followed you?" The four shook their heads vigorously. Calvin then motioned with his finger for the four to follow him and they went up to the back corner of the garage. There was a trap door on the ground. Calvin went ahead and motioned for them to enter. To his astonishment, the four teenagers took a step backwards.

"How do we know if this isn't a trap?" Marcus asked.

"There is someone in there. You'll have to take my word for it," Calvin answered them.

"I'm claustrophobic. I can't enter there," Michelle spoke, and the three boys nodded in agreement. They were afraid to enter an unknown room, especially one that was underground. Calvin looked at them inquisitively and shrugged in approval. He then went to the trap door and called whoever was inside out.

The four took another step backwards when Maxwell emerged from the trap door. Alarmed, Luis grabbed a steel rod that was nearby and pointed it to Maxwell, ready for attack. Calvin sensed the tension and stepped in-between the two parties.

"Okay, let's calm down everyone," he told them.

"What's this puta doing here?" Luis asked, the rod still pointed at Maxwell.

"Relax. He and I are only victims," Calvin replied.

Jeff stepped forward. "Victims? Victims of what?"

Calvin glanced at Maxwell and nodded? Maxwell then took out his phone and played the audio, the voices cutting through Calvin's flesh even deeper than before.

The four were left speechless when the audio was over. They could not believe what they had just heard. Their leap of faith in Stevens had almost cost them. Marcus was the most shook out of all of them. He was the one who had made the decision to tell Stevens what they knew and the guilt coursed through his blood, igniting negative emotions along the way. He couldn't take it anymore. He marched forward to Luis and grabbed the steel rod from him. He then went to the nearest junk of a car and started hitting its bunker and windows, shouting all kinds of curses. Luis had to pull him back to stop him from doing any further damage.

"You need to chill out man! With all that noise you're going to get the whole neighbourhood here!" Maxwell scolded him.

"It was my fault. It was all my fault," Marcus kept on muttering to himself, his hands on his head. Michelle approached him and held him by the shoulders.

"It is not your fault Marcus. You didn't do anything. We all trusted the wrong person," she tried to comfort him.

"Yeah," Jeff added. "We were fools for thinking he was a good guy."

"Me too," Calvin said, his eyes gazing far away, absent-minded.

Marcus eyes suddenly widened with realisation. The five looked at him with concern as he paced up and down.

"Guys," he started, his tone serious. "I am now really sure Stevens may have been involved with Sheila's death."

"What! How?" Michelle exclaimed.

"Think about it. Maxwell here had said that Stevens was at the parking lot at the time of Sheila's death. What if he was covering for either Arnold or Clement who had gone inside to murder her?"

Marcus' logic surprisingly made sense. They let it sink into their minds for a while.

"But that doesn't answer the question of why," Maxwell was the first to react.

"Maybe she heard him or the others say something incriminating at his office. After all, his office is just next to the hallway," Jeff guessed.

"Alright my people. Maybe we might have gone overboard with this thing. I haven't really seen the three actually murder someone," Calvin commented.

"Obviously you didn't cause you were kept in the dark about the true nature of their work," Luis replied.

"But where are we going to get the evidence of our claims? You do realise that Timothy's still a bad cop," Michelle questioned.

"Yeah he is, but he is a bad cop to the other side of bad, not Stevens',"Marcus countered.

"We have a problem," Maxwell said, stepping forward. He had a look of panic on his face. "If you go ahead with that you might actually put a target on my back."

Everyone kept quiet, Maxwell's words launching them into deep thought. This theory had crossed out Maxwell as a suspect, but the four teens still had their doubts about him. Given their experience with Stevens', they were certain that maybe he would double-cross them. However, if he had lied to The Shadow and they found out, he would then be in serious trouble.

"I think that we should all sleep on this," Calvin suggested. "We can regroup here tomorrow to figure out how we can attack this in the best way possible. You closed school today for the summer holiday, right?"

"Yeah. I support him," Jeff replied. He needed a break from all these things that were happening.

"Okay then. We'll come here at exactly ten in the morning. Goodbye," Michelle told Calvin.

"Goodbye," Calvin answered the four as they left the garage. After they left, Maxwell approached him.

"They are never going to trust me, are they?" He asked him.

Calvin turned to him with a weak smile.

"Trust must be earned."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 776 40
[SHORTLISTED FOR THE WATTPAD INDIA AWARDS 2021!] [FEATURED ON YA, TEENFICTION, AND YA MYSTERY!] ❝These aren't suicides, but cold-blooded murders clev...
226K 13.4K 36
[Wattys 2022 Shortlisted] [Wattys 2021 Shortlisted] The Crown Assassins rule the world's largest nation in a broken world where criminals sit on to...
10.3M 411K 54
Ranked #01 for Teen Fiction X4 *A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY!* WHS Story of the Month Winner: Teen Fiction The Fiction Awards Winner 2017; Best Overall S...
Eyes Around Us By layvxy

Mystery / Thriller

3.4K 711 26
4 girls and 5 murder cases at their academy. Kiara, Imani, Eden, and Layla are students at Rosewood Academy, a prestigious all girls academy reserve...