A Perfect Distraction

Από Middlebencherzz

Sometimes it only takes one person to change your life, a few seconds to fall in love and one day to lose eve... Περισσότερα

1. New York
2. Fate must really hate me
3. Lose Faith
4. New Home
5. Do I have an option?
6. Dishonesty
7. Fighter
8. Learning to ride Ducati
9. Torn Pages
10. Night Terrors
11. Chase
12. Throbbing heart
13. Devil
14. Punishments
15. Guest
16. Did he just...?
17. Hysteric
18. Unbosom
19. Reunion
20. Broken
21. Abduct
22. Rescue
23. Arouse
24. Sweet and Bitter
25. Transpire
26. Friends
27. A phase
28. Watson Enterprise
29. Haunting Memories
30. Before it's too late
31. Wrecking heart
32. Enrapture
33. Moving in
34. Torment
35. Dark Memories
36. Worst is yet to come
37. Anguish
38. Played
39. Ti Amo
40. Enamoured
41. Invitation
42. Masquerade Ball - I
43. Masquerade Ball - II
44. Caught
45. Miss you Already
46. Need him
47. Saudade
48. Mourn
49. Dinner with Malinov family
50. Surprise!
51. A well-spent day
52. Inkling
53. Confuzzled
54. Twitchiness
56. Secret's Out
57. Falling apart
58. Unveiling Emotion
59. Nearing Inescapable Spiral
60. Training
61. Call from Devil?
62. Flying Feathers
63. Euphoria
64. Unmasking
65. Before the storm
66. Unforeseen
67. Gone
68. Hold on
69. Silver Lining
70. Promise
The End: A Perfect Distraction
Bonus Chapter: Wedding Bells

55. Rendezvous

269 17 0
Από Middlebencherzz

Third POV:

"What would you like to drink?" Olivier asked Karolia, trying to put her at ease. They were seated in a restaurant opposite Radio City Music Hall and the place is packed with people. To anyone else, she looked fine as if she's comfortable in Olivier's presence. But he knew well. Behind her tough mask, there is fear. Fear of what this man is capable of doing. He's still seeing daylight even after killing who knows how many lives, innocent or not.

"I didn't come here to have a drink and chat with you Oliver, and you know that," she said with her voice low. Olivier smirked. He likes the fact that he's able to instill fear in people's minds. That he can become people's nightmare. But only one person isn't afraid of him. Logan Watson. It's the other way around. With one swift punch, Logan can knock out even a hefty man. Oliver has to admit, Karolia is one lucky girl that she met Logan out of thousands of people living in New York.

"Then, what brings you here, Kingston?" Olivier asked as soon as the waiter left their table. Karolia rummaged through her bag before placing the notes forcefully on the table.

"You need to stop doing this," she said brusquely. Olivier was confused at her statement, nevertheless kept an unreadable face. His eyes skimmed through the notes.

'You escaped from me. Now the person closest to you is going to pay for your mistake. Happy birthday'

'This time Grecia. Want to know who is next? Act before it's too late.'

'Save the red before it turns black. Save the Scar before it becomes non-existent.'

"I know you are responsible for Grecia's accident. And I also know you were the one who was trying to kill Scarlet the other day." Olivier started laughing which confused Karolia.

"Girl, I didn't send you any notes nor tried to kill anyone. Do you think I will mess with the Watson family?" he said and started laughing again.

"Why would I give notes if I can just come and kill you directly, just like I did to your parents?" He finds it extremely amusing. With one bullet shot, he can end a person's life. And he prefers that way, short and simple. But he knew who did this because he served that person for five years.

"Then who is it? "

"Boss," He said in monotone and Karolia saw the slight glint of anger while he said that. Karolia's heart started hammering in her chest.

"I heard that the criminals who murdered my parents were caught and sentenced to life imprisonment. Then how come you are out as if nothing happened?" Karolia asked. It has been on her mind since the beginning.

"Boss had been playing so much of inner games that you don't know about. The ones who surrendered were just some idiots who are ready to give up their lives for that bastard. He has so many people under his control and it's actually scary how good he is at manipulating people." Karolia knew from the start Olivier is just a messenger and someone is playing behind this. She thought all those who were responsible for her parents' murder were already paying for their sins but seems like it's not the case. Her real problem lies in Worcester. But if Olivier doesn't know about these letters, then that means the so-called Boss is in New York. But a question struck her.

"Did you notify your Boss about my presence in New York?"

"It's almost been a year since I contacted that bastard now," Oliver replied, rolling his eyes. Karolia scowled slightly before it hit her. So, it means the so-called Boss saw her in Worcester. But then again, how did he know Karolia was staying in New York!? But whoever it is, Karolia knows she needs to act fast as she has a feeling that person is gonna strike soon.

Wheels started turning in her head. She knows Olivier won't disclose the person's identity easily. She has to approach him differently. Karolia understood Olivier isn't in good terms with the Boss from the bitter tone he used when he said 'Boss'. She also remembers that the boss had killed his wife.

"I know you're planning to avenge your boss for killing your wife," she said. She wasn't sure if that was the reason, but she decided to take the risk. Oliver was genuinely surprised by her observation skills. Yes, he was planning to take revenge on the Boss for leaving his children mother-less. Olivier even tried several attempts to kill him, but he escapes every single time. He's a clever man with some good planning and defense techniques.

"You're right. But he always gets away." Olivier decided to be truthful. Karolia smiled inwardly.

"So, you're not working for him now?" she asked, picking her words carefully.

"No." He replied curtly staring right into her eyes. She nodded her head in an understanding manner and stared back at him with new emotion.

"When did your wife die?" Oliver's jaw clenched at the mention of his beloved late wife.

"That's none of your business," he said with a sick tone.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Karolia said in a low voice. Even though she planned to lure him into her side she did feel sorry for him.

"I know what you're feeling. That's exactly what I felt when I saw you kill my parents." she exerted with hatred.

"What are you trying to say?" Oliver asked, looking confused.

"You lost your wife and I lost my parents, all because of one person. If it wasn't for him both of us wouldn't have to be here. It's obvious you and I want to take revenge on him." she said.

"If we do this together, we both can succeed in our cause, we both can bring justice to our loved ones." she proposed.

This made Olivier contemplate his plans. He never thought of it in this manner. He planned to kill them both. The reason he didn't make any move to kill Karolia was because of Logan and also how his men are always guarding her. Olivier is in debt to Logan for providing financial support for his business and killing Karolia will screw up everything as he's sure Logan knows about Karolia's past. The protection around her explains it. Oliver knows it very well not to be an enemy to Watson and stay on a safe side. When Logan enters the game, it gets dirty for others.

"How can I trust you?" He eyed Karolia.

"Think about it. It's us who lost, not him. And he is the reason for it. We both have the same motive and target." Karolia shrugged.

He thought about the idea Karolia suggested. He understood it's not easy to kill Karolia that easily because of her bodyguards. But...if he uses Karolia, he can easily lure his Boss and kill him. Now since the Boss already seems to know where Karolia is, he will soon capture her on his own. This is the right time for Olivier to step in, he thought. Making her believe that he is on her side and help her to get to the Boss. Then Olivier can kill Karolia once he reaches the Boss as her role would be done. Everything will be in order as everyone will think the Boss killed her. Olivier mentally smirked at his plan. He'll use Karolia as a bait.

Olivier exited the restaurant with a newfound aim having agreed to the plan.

Karolia's POV:

"Here is the book you asked me to buy, Miss Kingston," William said and handed the new book over to me.

"Thank you so much, William." I smiled. I feel bad for making him drive two hours from the city just to buy this book as I specifically told him I wanted the first edition with the signature of the author. And to my luck, the first edition is only available in a town two hours away from where we are staying. It took a lot to persuade him to go as he protested a lot saying Logan will not be happy when he hears about this and even suggested he will send some other person to buy. To be honest, I was lost for words when he said he will send some other person, but I somehow made up an excuse saying duties are assigned to every guard and Logan will be mad if he knows they did something other than their assigned duty. Also, I convinced him I will stay at my apartment the entire time, so he doesn't need to worry about it and all. The reason I took these troubles is that I wanted to meet Olivier without anyone's knowledge.

He nods his head before he says he will be in his temporary rented room opposite to mine. I could have just sneaked out if William won't be guarding outside my door whenever I'm at home. But it's not possible because as soon as I open the front door, William will know and he will be at my side. Blame it on the chime hanging on the door that Logan kept and he strictly instructed me not to remove it.

I closed the door and dropped myself on the bed and let out a long sigh, mentally and physically exhausted. I  was lucky to reach home on time before William arrives. The meeting with Oliver went according to the plan even though I had to make some decisions which I might regret later. I don't know if it's a good idea to team up with a man who killed my parents. But at that moment I went with my guts.

My brain is reeling, trying to put a finger at the person who is behind this chaos happening in my life. I don't if the Boss is someone whom I knew or rather seen in Worcester. It might be a complete stranger that my parents knew but I didn't. But if it is someone I know, then I doubt two people.

David Fernandez or Vincent Malinov

David always showed his dislike towards our family. He even expressed his surprise and hatred when he saw me at the restaurant. But I'm also not sure why Vincent gives me this eerie feeling too. He hasn't tried to harm me or anything ever. I know it's just a suspicion but the words he said to me at Worcester strike my mind every time.

'Enjoy your time to the maximum with your boyfriend before it's too late'

Now when I think about it, something is off in that sentence. The sound of the doorbell snaps me out of my thoughts. Thinking it's William again, I lazily walk to the living room before opening the front door. But it wasn't William. Upon seeing the person, my heart started hammering again but for a different reason.

"Hey." his husky voice echoed in the quiet corridor.

"Hi," I smiled shyly at him but it slowly disappeared when he didn't return the smile. Logan's face was void of emotions, his rosy lips set into a thin line.

"Come in," I said, trying to be cheerful and stepping back to give him the way. But he didn't make any move to step inside the apartment

"What happened?" I asked cautiously. He looks...pissed?

"You're staying at my house, today," he said without beating around the bush. I frowned at the cold tone he used but decided to ignore it.

"You could stay here, ya know?" I say to him. In the past few days, whenever Logan leaves the hospital he either ends up here to spend the night or I go to the mansion. Logan shakes his head.

"NO." he replies bluntly. "Got some work to do at home," he says. I nod my head in understanding.

"Okay....but is Grecia back home?"

"No." I waited for him to give further explanation, but he didn't. I smiled awkwardly before telling him to hold on so that I switched off all the lights. I didn't have to worry about packing anything since just as Logan's few clothes and necessities are stocked in my place, the same is done in his place as well.

"I'll be waiting in the car," he said and walked away. What's up with him? He looks definitely pissed. Maybe there is so much going on in his mind right now, and probably he's bothered about Grecia's health condition. I shrugged, not wanting to think much about it and come to the wrong conclusion.

Locking the door, I walked downstairs. Since it is Logan that came, William decided to stay behind at the apartment itself and we exchanged our goodnights before he went inside his room. I took a deep breath and released it as I walked over to Logan's car. Logan getting angry is not good and I don't like it when he won't let me help him. I opened the door and got inside.

"Are you alright?" I asked him once he started the car.

"No," He uttered in a straight tone.

"Uh...d-do you wanna talk about it," I asked him softly.

"No." he replied stiffly, his eyes fixed in front of him. I blinked away the tears and looked out of the window. It would be a lie if I said I wasn't hurt at his harsh tone. He's shutting me out and I don't like that at all. I might be a hypocrite person as I hide things from him too but it's only to protect him. I can't bear to cause any more harm to people around me.

The quietness between us was uncomfortable and I didn't make any effort to ease it. When we got to the mansion, I noticed some changes.

"Did you increase the security and guards?" I asked him. A bodyguard was standing near the gate and three were walking in the premises.

"Yes," he said and got out of the car.

"But why?" I asked as he opened the door from me before placing his hand on the small of my back, slightly pushing me forward

"It's necessary," he said brusquely. Logan went upstairs and I went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water before going up.  After quenching my thirst, I climbed the stairs lazily. It's such hard work to climb these massive steps when you are exhausted. I was breathless by the time I reached Logan's room.

I took a long hot relaxing shower in which the majority of the time I was thinking about all the dumb but necessary decisions I had to take in the previous days as well as the ones I will probably take in the future as well. Once I realized it was getting late as it's been an hour in the shower, I stepped out of the bathroom in a towel. Logan was laying on the bed, scrolling through his phone. His eyes met mine before scanning down my body. His eyes darkened and swallowed heavily, his adam apple moving visibly. I smirked mentally. He might not want to talk to me, but his body always reacts to me.

Flipping my hair, I walk leisurely to his closet and take my sweet time to extract my pajama set, knowing very well he can see me from the bed. I exit the closet and walk to the dressing table, acting like I'm brushing my hair with my hands whereas I'm actually trying to grab his attention and make him talk to me. Well, he's actually ogling at my towel-covered body but he's not making any flirty statement like he usually does or jumping into action.

"I hope you don't mind if I change here?" I then ask him, batting my eyelashes. His jaw is clenched and his grip tightened around his phone.

"In the washroom, please" he gritted out.

"Oh, you talk," I mumbled sarcastically, rolling my eyes. He was giving me the silent treatment for God knows what. A yawn escapes my lips. I quickly change into my pajamas in front of him, despite his protest. Let's see how much he can control!

I jump into the bed beside him and pucker my lips. "Goodnight kiss?" I ask him sweetly. Logan sighs heavily before rolling away from me and stands up from the bed. I scowl and I would be lying if I say I'm hurt. He rejected me!

"What's the matter, Logan. Tell me" I asked him, getting serious.

"Tell you?" He chuckled darkly, sending a shiver down my spine.

"You tell me what's going on, Karolia Kingston,?"

___________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys. Hope you all are doing good. Just an announcement that there is only one more chapter to go before this DAILY UPDATE schedule ends. After that we will continue the previous schedule of updating the alternative days, i.e, SUNDAY, TUESDAY and THURSDAY.

COMMENT, LIKE, AND SHARE.

- N & S (Middlebencherzz)

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

112K 2.8K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...
187K 3.7K 17
𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 is 17 years old, who is from London, and is forced to move to Canada with her abusive father. She's been through so much...
53.1K 2K 42
Mature themes, and strong language! 18+ only. It's been 10 years, since Kate chose Logan. 10 years since she broke Rome's heart. As I make my way...
With The Bad Boy ✔ Από 🌸 rosie 🌸

Εφηβική Φαντασία

305K 9K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...