Checkered Royals [Ciel Phanto...

Por sleepy_pandas

•{this is a pretty slow paced story- I personally don't like quick paced ones ^^' and before we start, this i... Más

A/N
Chapter 1: A Day Like Any Other
Chapter 2: Letters From Her Majesty
Chapter 4: Burning Emblems
Chapter 5: Purple Diamonds
Chapter 6: Lady Midford and Lady L/N
Chapter 7: Sulphuric Curses
Chapter 8: To Finish an Awkward Day
Chapter 9: To The Ball
Chapter 10: Unrequited
Chapter 11: What Is This Feeling?
Chapter 12: Under Bandages
Chapter 13: A Demon Butler and A Demon Master
Chapter 14: Lost Connections
Chapter 15: Thoughts and Feelings
Chapter 16: Devil's Summoning Spirit
Chapter 17: She Knows
Chapter 18: Too Easily Forgiven
Chapter 19: Do You?
Chapter 20: Leaving For Now
Chapter 21 Part 1:A Kept Promise
Chapter 21 Part 2: A Little Bruised
Chapter 22: All for her
Chapter 23: Confession
Chapter 24: Advice
Chapter 25: Date Number 1
Chapter 26: I'll Protect You
tf.
its the author after years of no updates :)
Chapter 27: Reflection

Chapter 3: Declarations and Discussions

14.4K 432 788
Por sleepy_pandas

Y/N looked out of the carriage window at the almost intimidatingly magnificent mansion before her. The Phantomhive Manor. It was near exactly 9:00, since Arthur liked for her to keep to her schedule tightly, for things to turn out as they expect; according to Arthur anyway. As the carriage stopped, a tall, slender man with raven black hair and peculiar red eyes dressed in a butler's attire strolled up to the carriage, greeting Arthur as he got off the driver's seat, then looking at Y/N through the window. He flashed a smile, which oddly, didn't feel real. Arthur fetched Y/N from the carriage, leading her down to the ground carefully as usual.

Y/N was dressed in one of her finer outfits, a fair amount of frills and bows, but not too many so it would spoil the look of the F/C dress. She wore cream tights, gloves of the same kind of colour and light F/C heeled shoes on her feet. A flower decorated hat was perfectly placed on her head, a side veil dropping down like a waterfall, hair kept to the side in thick waves. However, there were no signs of jewellery in sight.

"A pleasure to meet you Lady LN," said the butler, bowing, a hand on his chest, "I am Sebastian Michaelis, Lord Phantomhive's butler. Please follow me, I shall lead you both to my master's study where he is waiting. One of the servants will look after the horse and carriage, so no need to fret. Everything will be taken care of whilst your short stay here at the manor."

He spun on his heel and began to lead Y/N and Arthur past a wonderful garden, and into the manor. Once Y/N entered, she could see a gigantic hall, stairs at the back. Sebastian continued to lead them up these main stairs, up the left staircase and into a corridor. A few doors down from here, they came to a stop. Sebastian knocked on the hard wooden door.

"Come in." Said a voice, a voice of a boy, from inside the room.
Sebastian opened the door quietly, holing out a hand into the room, gesturing for the guests to enter. Y/N nodded her head at Sebastian in thanks, walking into the study, followed closely by Arthur. Sebastian then closed the door heavily, attending to his master's side.

Y/N curtsied at the boy sitting behind the wooden mahogany desk.
"Good morning milord, I am Y/N L/N, co-owner of the 'Blood Jewels' company. This here, is my butler Arthur, don't mind him, he tends to follow me a lot."

She lifted her head as she ended her sentence, getting a good look at the boy- Ciel Phantomhive. He was short, though not as short as she was, but sat up straight. He had bluish-grey hair and a striking blue eye- however, he wore a black eyepatch over his right eye. She wondered what may have happened to it. He had a stern look on his face, one that was ready for formal business. He was a rather handsome young boy she must say.

"Take a seat," he suggested, though it sounded like an order, "I suppose we have some matters to discuss."

Y/N obeyed and carefully took a seat in the comfy chair across from Ciel. Arthur and Sebastian briefly looked at each other, no emotion on either of their faces.

"Milord, milady, Arthur and I will take our leave for now to prepare lunch, which shall be in the garden." said Sebastian, starting to leave, followed by Arthur, "one of us will retrieve the two of you later."

Arthur caught Y/N's eye for a moment, before closing the door after him. She stared at the door until she was interrupted by Ciel's voice.

"Lady L/N? Shall we start?"
Y/N turned her attention back to Ciel, a little startled.
"O-oh, yes, yes, let's start..."
"Would you like to tell me a little about your family over a game of chess?"

The girl nodded, looking at Ciel, tightening her lips slightly. Ciel stood up and picked up a box on one of the shelves, bringing it back to the desk. He opened the box and swiftly set up the game, him with the black pieces and Y/N with the white. And so they began.

"My parents had been successful in the business, making it known nationwide, her Majesty even approved..." Y/N explained, moving a piece forward, "though, when they went missing, it caused a slight denture in profits and such, and so I had no choice but to continue work for them. I hadn't thought my little sister would also disappear, especially with the heightened security around her and I. From there, things felt like they were going downhill emotionally for me. I feared that I may be next, but I grew to think that if I were taken too, I would possibly be able to see my family... but there has been no more criminal activity involving my family since then. I now see that I was foolish to think like that. Throwing myself into the pool of disappearances would cause more trouble."

Ciel only nodded, sitting back in his chair. He leaned forward to move his last piece.

"Checkmate," he stated, "thank you for the insight Lady L/N-"
"Y/N. Just call me Y/N," she interrupted, looking at the winning checkmate piece Ciel had just moved, "you can call me that in private."
"Y/N. The Queen's Lynx," Ciel continued, "her Majesty stated in the letter she wrote to me that we will be working together on your case. However, I don't feel that it is necessary for you to also investigate as your emotions may become an obstacle in the task at hand."

Y/N gulped. She had seen this coming. But she so badly wanted vengeance, so badly wanted to find out who did this to her first-handedly. It was her family. And she wanted to save them. If they could be saved. She looked at her shaking hands which were folded on her lap.

"Lord Phantomhive, I felt that you were going to think this way, but I truly feel like I need this. To gain vengeance. For tormenting me in such a way. Having this hope of my family being alive, yet there is a strong doubt that they could be dead. It's.... it's making me go insane... very slowly. I feel like whoever did this must pay... And that is why I want to take part in investigations," she said quietly, yet she still did not make eye contact with Ciel, breathing out the last word, "Please."

Ciel could feel his own emotions rise within him. This girl, she was feeling like he was, they both wanted revenge. They were both famished for the satisfaction of finding out those who caused them so much pain and make them pay for what they have done.

"Okay." Ciel said after a minute of silence, "you may assist in the case."

Y/N looked up at Ciel, her face staring right into his eye.

"Thank you." She whispered, clasping her delicate hands together.

Ciel couldn't help but falter a little from her gaze, and sudden statement, looking to the side.

"You're terrible at chess," he suddenly declared.

Y/N smiled slightly.
"I know."

•••

Y/N and Ciel were now seated outside in the garden, eating a delectable lunch made my Sebastian. Luckily, Arthur, who was a terrible cook, did not take part in any of the food preparations. Instead, he had set out the tables, chairs, tablecloth, cutlery, plates, flowers and such, ready for the two nobles to sit at. The meal was rather silent, the quiet tapping of cutlery against the plate could be heard. A few birds were out singing, but that was pretty much all there was.

Ciel had finished his meal, taking a sip from his drink. Y/N finished soon after. Mey-Rin collected the dishes and scooted off back to the kitchen, without wrecking too much havoc.

"I-" Y/N started, but before she could continue the sentence, she found herself being tackled by what seemed to be a naked man with wolf like ears and a tail, "O-oh!"
Arthur was immediately at her side, plucking the 'attacker' from her using one hand with ease, whilst covering her eyes with the other hand.

"Sebastian!" Ciel said angrily, "I thought I ordered for Pluto to taken somewhere else!"
Sebastian simply bowed in apology.
"I apologise Miss L/N, I'll rid of it immediately."

A few seconds later, Arthur took his hand away from Y/N's eyes, her face lightly dusted pink.
"Th-that was... A rather interesting experience." was all she could muster out.

A blonde haired boy came running to Sebastian, out of breath:
"Ahh Sebastian!! Pluto got out and I-"

"No need Finny, I took care of the dog." replied Sebastian calmly, "though don't let it happen again."

"Yes sir!! Oh, hello there miss!" Finny exclaimed, catching sight of Y/N, his face lighting up and turning scarlet red, "a-ah you must be Lady L/N, you look very nice I must say!!"

"Thank you." Y/N said, a gentle smile gracing her features.

"Finny, shouldn't you be back with Pluto?"
Ciel said from across the table, looking at the gardener boy inquisitively.

"Ah yes!! Sorry milord! I'll get right to it! I hope to see you later Lady L/N!" Said Finny sweetly before scurrying off to his business.

"...Pluto the dog?" Arthur asked Ciel, "Was that Pluto who jumped on young mistress earlier?"

Ciel looked at Sebastian, who then looked at Arthur to answer.
"Yes."

Arthur barely looked surprised, and neither did Y/N, which was not expected by Ciel. He kept silent anyway. Y/N suddenly stood up.

"I should get going. Thank you for the lovely meal and the game of chess. I'll be sure to keep in contact and visit again soon." Y/N stated.
"Sebastian, lead Miss L/N and Arthur to their carriage." Ordered Ciel, keeping his eye on Y/N.

"Yes my lord."

•••

Ciel watched the carriage leave from his study window. To be honest, he wasn't expecting Y/N to be as young as she was, around his own age. It seemed that Sebastian kept that from him on purpose. He "tch"ed and sat down at his desk again, thinking about the earlier events at lunch.

That was an embarrassment, he must admit. He felt somewhat humiliated when Pluto had jumped on Y/N, Arthur lifting him off of her like a feather, then having Sebastian confirming that that was their "dog".

However, he expected his guests to look shocked, mortified even, but there wasn't an ounce of either emotion on their faces.

"Something strange..." He mumbled, looking down at his reports and papers on the L/N family. They were the owners of the jewellery company 'Blood Jewels'

Y/N wasn't wearing any jewellery during her visit.

That was odd; the owner of a jewellery company not wearing any jewellery. She wore a fabric choker, but that could barely count as jewellery, it looked like part of her dress. As if on cue, Sebastian walked into the study.

"Young master, do you need anything?"

"Actually, yes Sebastian. I order you to investigate something for me... Y/N L/N and her company 'Blood Jewels'."

•••

A/N

This one's a little longer. I've actually got a plot (yes really) and I'm going to try and stick to it. Little bits here and there giving some foreshadowing to what may happen later in the story~
I hope y'all are enjoying it so far, I've decided, I quite like writing x reader inserts :3 might make some more in the future~

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

19.2K 388 31
(Y/N) was a beautiful girl living in London, England with her mother, father, and maid. They were always happy and guess what? Her father works for...
140K 3.4K 55
[CIEL × OC] Book 1 (of 3 currently) Claire was a young girl when a tragic event changed her life forever. She is put through many things that scar h...
260 4 14
"Black Butler: Phantom Bonds" revolves around the intertwined destinies of Ciel and his sister, Countess Amara Phantomhive. As heirs to the illustrio...
30.8K 706 47
You're the protagonist , your name is Haruka Yukimura. You're born from a samurai family, you lived a happy life until your house was burnt by a fire...