Nightshade Academy (BoyxBoy)

By Hono-to-kori

(WARNING: BOYXBOY STORY HERE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN STAY AWAY!) Oliver Scott, Ollie, is just like any oth... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7.2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15.2

Chapter 5

6.7K 273 66
By Hono-to-kori

AN: VOTE and COMMENT. O_O

I stared in disbelief as Juniper smiled crookedly up at me. He winked and motioned with his index finger for me to join him. I blushed and slowly shuffled forward. I timidly sat down in the seat beside him, keeping my gaze cast downwards. I heard him chuckle softly beside me and moved my head a fraction towards him. I peered through my fringe at his smiling lips.

"Did you manage to get into your room alright?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"Good." He flashed me a smile and I noticed his canines. They weren't huge but definitely large enough to be recognized as fangs.

"Um, thanks for helping me." I mumbled.

"You are more than welcome." He winked and I stared down at the table again. Crap, why does this guy make me so nervous? I cleared my throat and flipped through the packet. I furrowed my brows at the insane amount of questions. We were expected to practically write a whole biography on our partners and these questions were more than a little personal. On top of that we had to use different writing styles and even have poems and pictures included in our final project. Way to kick off the year. I sighed.

"Uh, so I guess we should get started." I glanced up at Juniper and found him to be staring at me. He smiled and rested his face in his palm. I licked my lips.

"So um Juniper." I began.

"June." He corrected me. I nodded my head.

"June...may I ask how you got that name?" It wasn't one of the questions but I just couldn't let it go.

"Curious?" He smirked. I blushed and nodded my head.

"Hmm..." I watched as June peered over my shoulder, running his tongue over his fangs absentmindedly.

"No I don't think I'll tell you." He finally said meeting my gaze.

"Oh, ok." I replied awkwardly, dropping my gaze to the packet. "Well uh, where were you born?"

"Somewhere." I glanced up at him. He smiled innocently at me.

"Um, do you have any siblings?" I continued down the list.

"Maybe." He shrugged.

"What are your parents' names?"

"Mr. and Mrs. Sterling." I sighed.

"Are you going to tell me anything about you?" I asked a little hotly. He grinned.

"Nope." He replied, popping the 'p'.

"Ok then." I grumbled, turning the page of the packet. June reached over and plucked the thick pages out of my hands. I watched as he tossed the papers down in front of him.

"What I want to know," He began, leaning back in his chair, "Is more about this so called 'mystery singer' Oliver Scott." I blushed and gently pulled down on my beanie.

"Well that does seem to be a hot topic today." I mumbled. June chuckled.

"I'm sorry but I was surprised to see you up on stage yesterday. You just seem a little timid to be singing in front of so many people." I smiled.

"Yeah that's what I said but Dakota and the others convinced me otherwise." I glanced up at June and noticed a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"So, you can be coaxed out of your comfort zone?" He murmured, leaning closer to me. I blushed and turned the other way. June grasped beneath my chin gently and turned my head back towards him. His face was mere inches away from mine and I could feel his sweet breath graze my lips.

"You have beautiful eyes." He suddenly said. I blinked.

"Uh, thank you." I replied, staring up into his silver ones. "You do too. I don't think I've ever met someone with eyes quite like yours." He smirked and leaned in even closer.

"What's so different about them?" He whispered. I swallowed.

"Uh, their color." I mumbled.

"Hm..."

"I've never met someone with such a unique eye color."

"Really?"

"Yeah." I realized we were both whispering now and given our close proximity I didn't want to speak any louder. My eyes flickered down to his lips. I watched as they curved up into a smile.

"Ollie..." They spoke and moved closer. My heart was beating so fast I swear it was about to fall right out of my chest. At the last moment June looked up and softly kissed my eye lid. He pulled back and let go of my face, a pleased smirk on his lips. My face was so hot I swear you could roast marshmallows on it. I stared dumbfounded at his angelic face and mentally kicked myself for being subject to his amusement.

"Hey did you see that just now?" I heard someone ask and turned to see a group of our classmates staring at us.

"Isn't that June there?" A girl asked, pointing at him.

"What, no way? June is in our class?" Her friend replied.

"Yeah and look, it's that new singer from Undecided."

"Ollie?" They seemed excited now and it caught the attention of the groups around them.

"I can't believe we have two of the most popular guys in our class."

"Lucky!" The two high fived and smiled at each other.

"Were they about to kiss?" A guy asked this time.

"What! Were they?"

I blushed as more faces turned our way. Great, thanks to this guy everyone is going to think I'm gay. Which I am, but they didn't need to necessarily know that. I glared at the table just as another gong sounded, releasing us from class. Everyone quickly jumped from their seats and headed for the door, eager to leave. June slowly stood up beside me.

"The name Juniper is derived from the Latin word juniperus." He said. I glanced up at him and furrowed my brows.

"What?" I asked. He smiled and slid his hands in his pocket.

"In Latin juniperus means 'youth producing' or 'evergreen'," He continued. "Vampires are known for looking ageless and constantly youthful. It's a myth that we live forever but we do live a long time stuck with a timeless body. My parents named me Juniper because of this, though don't ask me why. I guess it was their way of reminding me of who I was and to be proud of it despite the changing world." I stared up at him and for the first time he gave me a genuine smile. It was sweet and matched his virtuous features. Then that smile was gone and his signature smirk was back in place. He leaned in closer and brushed his lips against me ear.

"See, I don't mind telling you about myself if you give me a little something in return." He whispered. I shivered and nervously rubbed my hands together.

"Um, o-ok." I stuttered, not really sure how to reply. June chuckled and nipped at my ear. I pulled back and whipped my beanie down over it, staring up at him with accusing eyes as my blush deepened.

"You're interesting." He laughed, staring down at me curiously. "Meet me in the library after school. I'll answer more of your questions then, in a more private setting." He winked at me and strolled out of the classroom. I stared after him a moment completely befuddled by his behavior. I finally recovered when I noticed the huge mob of girls gathering around the classroom door staring me down like wild animals going in for the kill. I stood up and slung my bag over my shoulder while pulling down on my beanie. Luckily there were two doors leading to this classroom and I stowed out of the one not being blocked by raging hormones. I stood off to the side awkwardly stealing glances down the hall to see if Dakota was there or not. I began to feel anxious as more on goers seemed to recognize me and stop. I stared down at the ground and busied myself with my cellphone. Come on Dakota, I willed him to appear as a group of girls built up the courage to approach me.

"H-Hi." The girl closest to me stuttered. She dug the toe of her shoe into the ground and turned it back and forth nervously.

"Um...I was wondering if you wouldn't mind signing this for me." She held up a notebook and I noticed the front of it was covered in signatures already. I recognized Dakota's name and soon found the rest of Skrull's signed scribbles.

"Uh, sure." I replied meekly taking the sharpie from her hand. She giggled happily as I scrawled my name down.

"Thank you so much!" She beamed. I smiled back. This was kind of cool. I've never had anyone ask for my autograph before.

"Me next!" The girl beside her yelled, holding out a blown up picture of my face for me to sign. And there goes the moment. Now this is just creepy. More girls pushed themselves forward holding out various things for me to sign. I pressed myself against the stone walls in panic.

"U-Uh guys?" I tried but their insistence continued. I was ready to make a run for it and searched for the quickest escape route.

"Hey." A musical voice rang out above the fanatic demands.

"Move." They commanded. Suddenly the sea of girls parted and stood at attention. I stared at them bemused and then to the owner of the voice. Cecilia flipped her hair over her shoulder and strutted forward. She stopped and smiled at me before snapping her fingers. The crowd of girls seemed to snap out of it and glared over at Cecilia.

"They're rather annoying aren't they?" She gave me an understanding look and brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Don't worry though," She continued, "I'll protect you from them."

"Right." I answered glancing at the rage filled girls behind her. I doubt she'd be able to handle their wrath alone.

"It's ok." She chimed as if she could read my mind, "I'm a succubus. I can control them easily." Her boast only seemed to annoy them more and the tension grew. I think it's time I left.

"Well, uh, thanks. I think I should get going now so..." I inched sideways and smiled at her politely.

"I'll join you." She stated rather than asked and floated to my side. "Anything for a friend of Dakota's." I sighed and glanced over at her.

"So you're Dakota's friend?" I asked. She laughed, throwing her head back.

"You're so funny Ollie." She cooed, slapping my arm playfully, "No I'm his girlfriend!" My eyes widened.

"His girlfriend?" I repeated uncertainly.

"Well duh silly." She tapped my nose with her flawlessly manicured finger and giggled. I shook my head.

"Sorry I just thought he was..." I trailed off.

"Hm?" She cocked her head to the side. I coughed.

"Well I thought he wasn't really into..." She stared at me expectantly. "Girls." I finished. She blinked then laughed again.

"Oh did he tell you that? He's just not over the break up yet." I creased my brows together.

"The break up? I thought you said you were his girlfriend." She held up her hand and started inspecting her cuticles.

"That's right I am." She flicked her wrist back and forth, frowning down at her hand.

"Then the break up?" I prompted. She glanced up at me and smiled.

"Oh, well we have this off and on relationship. We're off right now but we'll be back together soon. He always liked playing hard to get." I nodded. Something was telling me this girl wasn't all that right in the head.

"Ok well, I think I should go find Dakota now so if you'll just excuse me." I tried to shuffle away down the hall but she followed persistently.

"But," She suddenly said, coming around in front of me. I stopped and raised a brow at her. She smiled and slid a hand on my shoulder. "Since we're not together it's ok if we see other people." She winked moving closer. Just before her lips met mine she was yanked back by her perfectly blonde hair. She yelped and spun around. The sweet looking girl whose notebook I had signed earlier clutched strands of Cecilia's blonde hair in her hand.

"Holy crap." I gasped. I took a step back as a large group of girls circled around her.

"Oh you wanna play?" Cecilia breathed in a dangerously low tone. What happened next isn't something I can really explain. All I know is that girls are terrifying. Absolutely terrifying. Especially these girls who weren't necessarily human so when the mosh pit of bodies started snarling and howling at each other, I ran the hell away.

I sped down the hallway running at the speed of light. I raced behind a few corners and finally stopped when my sides began to cramp up. I leaned against the wall and took in ragged breaths. When my breathing was back to normal I stood up. I glanced around and my eyes widened. Oh crap. Where am I? I looked to my left and right and found myself to be in a hall full of identical looking doors.

"Ok Ollie this is fine." I told myself sternly. "Just retrace your steps." I walked back in the direction I thought I had been running in a moment ago. I twisted and turned through the halls and after about ten minutes I stopped.

"Ok don't panic." I instructed myself, more to keep from breaking down than anything else. I looked around and couldn't find anything that seemed familiar. No stair cases and when I tried to open a door and ask a teacher for help, I found them all to be locked. There was barely a window around either to peer out of and get my bearing. I bit my thumb nail as I tried to think of a way out of this.

"Oh!" I pulled out my cell phone. I'll just call for help! I stared at the screen blankly as I realized I forgot to ask for anyone's number earlier. I smacked my forehead. Dammit. That's the first thing I'm doing when I get out of this. I started walking again as I thought about what to do and then another idea hit me. Do I still have....I felt around for the envelope in my pocket and a second later produced the map of the school my mother had given me.

"Yes!" I fist bumped the air as I unfurled the page. Alright I just might be able to get out of this yet. I scanned the map and tried to narrow down where in the world I could be in this school. I got it down to just a few locations and was about to try and get myself out of this, when someone grabbed onto the collar of my shirt and jerked me back. I gasped as I was slammed into the stone wall. The map slid from my fingers as someone gripped both my wrists tightly and lifted them over my head. I blinked and stared up at my assailant dazed. Then my eyes widened as Jay's piercing blue ones met mine. Oh great. He looked beyond pissed with a wicked grin filling his lips and a set glare staring me down. I swallowed.

"Fancy meeting you here Ollie. All alone in these dark halls." He began, squeezing my wrists even tighter. I flinched at the pain but tried to keep my expression neutral as I faced him.

"I could say the same thing actually." I retorted. His smile widened and he leaned in closer till our noses were touching.

"You know you have been a thorn in my side ever since you got here. The whole school is just raving about you. Oliver Scott, the new lead singer of Undecided. Such a hot band they say, way better than Skrull they say, even better than Jay they say." I bit my tongue as my wrists were crushed even more. Jesus what is this guy made of? I glanced back up at his dark stare as I tried to wriggle out of his grasp.

"But that's ok. Let's see how much they like you when you're half beaten to death and can't even remember how to sing." I watched in horror as his eyes began to glow. Oh dear God I'm dead. He clutched both of my wrists in one hand and pulled back his fist. I strained against his hold and tried kneeing him but nothing worked. I waited helplessly for my poor face to be rearranged and squeezed my eyes shut. Slap.

I opened my eyes slowly and they widened in surprise as I saw Jay's fist clutched in the strong hand of someone else. Jay glared menacingly over to them and my eyes drifted to the person in question. My mouth hung open as I took in perfect sun kissed skin, gorgeous blue eyes, and golden blonde hair.

"Josh!" I exclaimed. He glanced over at me and smiled.

"Hey Ollie." His cheerful voice replied. "You look like you could use some help." I sighed in relief as Josh yanked Jay off of me and threw him down the hallway. He stumbled but caught himself at the last minute, turning a dangerous glare on Josh. I scurried behind his mass of muscle and this time didn't hold back as I stuck my tongue out at Jay like a small child. He clenched his jaw and his fists began to shake with anger. Josh met his intense gaze with calamity. For a moment they just stood there in a stare off. Then Jay laughed.

"You better watch out Oliver." He spat, his voice dripping with venom, "You won't always have goldy locks here to protect you." With that he spun around and stalked out of sight. I glared at his retreating figure before glancing up at my savior. He smiled down at me with his perfectly white teeth.

"Um, thanks for the help." I meekly replied, dropping my gaze to the ground. I heard him chuckle beside me.

"No problem! But you know it is pretty dangerous to be walking around here alone. Creepy jerks aside, it's easy to get lost here." I nodded my head and met his gaze.

"Yeah well that's kinda what got me in this mess in the first place. I have no idea where I am." I confessed. He smiled again.

"I figured. It was a good thing I was passing by or things might've gotten ugly." I raised a brow at him.

"What were you doing?" He held up a form.

"I was getting my teachers signatures for a grade check agreement since I'm playing sports in the high school division this year."

"You play sports?" I asked. I mean it wasn't a shock given his build, but I was still curious. He grinned.

"Yep I play football." He beamed. I smiled.

"Cool."

"And you sing." He grinned. I blushed.

"Uh yeah kind of." I shyly replied.

"Man seeing you up on stage yesterday was amazing!" I glanced up at him.

"Really?"

"Of course! I felt so honored since I got to meet you before everyone else even knew who you were. I'm never washing this hand now." He held up his right hand and gave me a mock serious look. I laughed. He was funny.

"Oh yeah such a big deal." I replied, my voice full of sarcasm. He huffed and held his hand to his chest.

"Oh but it is! The great Ollie of Undecided shook this very hand! I'm famous by association now!" I laughed harder.

"Alright, whatever you say." A loud rumbling sound filled the halls. Both of us stared at each other in confusion and there it was again. We both glanced down at my stomach.

"Um, are you hungry by any chance?" Josh asked. I blushed furiously.

"A little." I mumbled. He laughed.

"Well getting assaulted by jealous freaks does that to you. Here, the cafeteria is this way." I followed him down the hall and eventually to the stair case I had come up earlier.

"So how did you get lost anyways?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Well..." I explained to him the whole episode that went down after English class. He stared at me with wide eyes.

"Seriously?"

I nodded my head.

"Unfortunately." I sighed. The scent of food filled my nostrils as we approached the cafeteria doors and my stomach grumbled again.

"Haha well here's the cafeteria." Josh laughed as he opened up the doors. We walked in and the room was as crazy as ever.

"Well," I began turning to Josh, "Thanks for the help and you know for not letting me starve to death." He smiled.

"No problem." We stood there a moment more, him smiling and me shifting awkwardly back and forth.

"So," He began, holding out his hand. "Can I see your phone?" I furrowed my brows.

"Um, sure?" I replied uncertainly, handing it over to him. He grinned and took it from me. He fiddled with it a minute more before flashing me the screen.

"Here." He chimed. I glanced at the screen and noticed he added his number to my contact list.

"If you ever get lost again, or if Jay tries to mess with you, call me." I glanced up at him and smiled.

"Thanks." I replied, taking my phone from him. I opened my mouth to say something more when Dakota came running up to us.

"Ollie!" He yelled. My head turned and I was immediately met with Dakota's strong arms as he pulled me into a bear hug, or should I say wolf hug?

"Dakota." I groaned as he crushed me in his hold.

"Ah my little Ollie! I could've sworn you were dead!" He wailed. I grimaced and pushed him away.

"What? What are you talking about?" He smacked my arm.

"You jerk! I told you to wait outside your English class for me and when I didn't see you there and a huge crowd of fighting girls instead, I could've sworn you were a goner." He smiled at me relieved and pulled me into another hug.

"Ah but you're safe." He sighed, stroking my hair gingerly. I rolled my eyes.

"Well no duh." I chuckled pulling back. He grinned at me.

"Of course." Josh suddenly said, jumping into the conversation and slinging an arm around my shoulder. "I was there to help him out." I glanced up at him and saw the harsh look in his eyes as he stared down Dakota. I furrowed my brows and glanced over at Dakota. First he seemed shocked, but then his stare turned into a hard glare.

"Josh." He spat, with what seemed like as much conviction as he could muster.

"Dakota." He replied just as coldly. I glanced between the both of them and pulled away from Josh.

"Um," I began as the tension began to grow, "Uh well thank you for the help again Josh." He reluctantly turned his head and gave me a bright smile.

"You're welcome." He beamed as if he wasn't just glaring at Dakota.

"Right um sorry to make you worry Dakota." I said, turning to face him. He slowly turned his head and gave me a half smile.

"It's fine."

I nodded.

"Well I'm starving so let's get some food." I turned to walk away and Josh grabbed onto my wrist. I glanced up at him and raised a brow. He seemed to hesitate for a moment but then smiled.

"If you ever need help, again don't hesitate to call." He finally said. I smiled.

"Yeah of course! I was so happy to see you earlier I could've kissed you." I snapped my mouth shut and my eyes widened as I realized what I had said. I shook my head.

"I mean! Like not kiss you but like I was relieved to see you a-and I'm just gonna go." My face was on fire and I tried to pull away. Gaw, why do I always do weird things when hot guys are involved!? Josh held onto me gently. I glance up and noticed he was staring at me in thought. He peered over at Dakota then smirked.

"Ok." He said.

"What?" I asked confused. He smiled again before cupping my face in his large hands. My eyes widened as he leaned in and suddenly his soft lips were on mine. They were warm and tasted faintly of cherries. I was so shocked that I kept my eyes wide open while he pressed his mouth gently against mine. Then there was a loud snarl beside us. I pulled back and stared at Dakota. His ears were showing again and were slicked back on his head as he stared at Josh menacingly. His lips curled threateningly over his teeth as a low rumbling sound reverberated in the back of his throat. His forest green eyes had changed to a stunning gold color. Josh glared over at him and growled. The sound was thundering and full of authority. Dakota suddenly went rigid as he stopped growling and his eyes changed back to normal. His ears folded back into his mess of hair till they weren't visible anymore and he stared down at the ground in submission. I stared at him in bewilderment. What the hell is going on? I glanced back up at Josh. He smirked at him, almost giving him a look of pity, and then turned to me.

"See you around Ollie." He pecked my cheek before turning and disappearing in the crowd. I glanced back over at Dakota. He bit his lip so hard blood began to trickle down his chin. His hands were in tight fists by his sides. I shook my head. What just happened?

AN: Well now here's another chapter for you :) seriously do you guys still like the story? I can't tell xD but oh-ho we see some tension going on there between Josh and Dakota, and let's not forget the little adventure waiting for Ollie in the school's library ;) thanks for reading guys and remember to VOTE and COMMENT! Oh and also FOLLOW me if you like my stories :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 27.7K 51
The battle is won, but the war is far from over. With his new powers on the loose, Oliver must find balance between good and evil - before the world...
28.4K 1.1K 14
Ever since Jane overheard his mother talk about what really happened when he had that accident when he was five, he is determined to find out the tru...
252K 9.6K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
548K 20.1K 51
Enzo Olivieri is a Beta in the Blood Horizon Pack with his best friend and becoming Alpha, Zev Waters. When Enzo finds his mate, Ivan, he rejects him...