Spin The Bottle

By Ebby_writes

It all started with a kiss during the game of spin the bottle. * When Stephanie Valentine - a wallflower who... More

Synopsis
01 | Senior Year
02 | It's Just a Party
03 | The Party
04 | Spin the Bottle
05 | Hair Cut
06 | Hazel
07 | Poison Ivy
08 | Emily
09 | What Party?
10 | Distraction
11 | It's Her
12 | Cute Dog
13 | Soon-to-be Boyfriend
14 | A Date?
15 | Those Bitches
16 | Brody!
17 | Detention
18 | Twenty Questions
19 | Frozen
20 | Babysitting
21 | I Like Her
22 | Shrek
23 | Debbie Downers
24 | Threat
25 | Dump Her Ass
26 | Acting Strange
27 | Old Lady
28 | La Vida Loca
29 | First Time?
30 | Truth or Dare
31 | Makeover
32 | Psychotic Ex
33 | The Deal
35 | Lie
36 | Truth
37 | I Love You
38 | Apologies
39 | She's Pretty
40 | Feelings
41 | Tell Her
42 | I Like You
43 | We're Dating
44 | Out of Her Head
45 | I Miss Him
46 | Master of Kisses
Not an Update
47 | Anxious
48 | Happy Birthday
49 | Boyfriend?
50 | Yes
51 | Barbie Girl
52 | Promise

34 | Suspended

4.6K 195 66
By Ebby_writes

Chapter Thirty Four: Suspended.

Chris enters the school's cafeteria and sights Jason almost immediately. He's sitting with Max at their usual table. He feels eyes watching him as they usually do. He has no intention of eating anything or actually staying. He's only here for one thing. Max sees him and smiles, expecting him to join them but Chris doesn't. He heads in another direction, making a beeline for Ivy's table. The table she's always at. With her puppet and boyfriend.

Ever since they fell apart in sophomore year, he has avoided her like a plague. He pays no attention to her cause she doesn't deserve it. The breakup might have been easier on him if it was like Jason's case. Hayley, his ex-girlfriend started having feelings for someone else and felt it wouldn't be fair to string Jason along. But no, Ivy had to cheat. She cheated and broke his heart. She could have just told him she was no longer interested in the relationship but she didn't.

He blames his dad for how he feels. If his dad -- who doesn't deserve to be called that -- didn't lay the foundation, he might not detest cheaters so much. He might see cheating as something that has the probability of happening in a relationship. After it happens, you move on.

But thanks to his Dad, he doesn't. He decided to give relationship a chance only to have his heart broken by the girl he loved -- or thought he loved. The girl that is Ivy Sommers. The girl that harassed Hazel in the girls' bathroom. The girl that is dating the guy that she doesn't deserve and she knows it. The girl that he has his eyes on as he walks to her table. He halts his steps when he gets there and the three people occupying the table look up to see their visitor.

"Hello Ivy," Chris says menacingly. "Or should I say Poison
Ivy?"

Ivy is shocked to see Chris at their table but she doesn't show it. The fact that he's talking to her too -- even though not nicely -- is something serious too. She smirks and gives him a once over.

"Oh, it's you. You've come out of hiding. I thought you'd avoid me for the rest of high school."

"I wasn't hiding, I just don't like seeing your face. If anyone needs to hide, it's you."

"Okay, what's going on here?" Luke asks in bewilderment.

"Stay out of this," Chris says to Luke.

"She's my girlfriend. It's my business," Luke quips.

Chris laughs humorlessly. "Your girlfriend? Are you sure?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Luke rises to his feet.

"Oh," Chris looks around dramatically. "Your girlfriend--" he does air quotes, "--hasn't told you a lot about herself, has she? I'd be glad to do the honours."

Luke glances at Ivy before focusing on Chris, waiting for what he has to say.

Aspen just watches. She loves drama and one is right in front of her.

They've managed to attract the attention of almost everyone in the cafeteria, leaving them to wonder what's going on. Tables close to Ivy's can hear their conversation clearly. Others -- not so well.
Jason and Max shares confused looks, wondering what's up.
Ivy doesn't have any idea why Chris would approach their table at all. Since she cheated on him, he has totally cut her out of his life. She wouldn't be surprised if he's denying ever knowing her.

"Luke, your girlfriend who happens to be my ex is not who you think she is," Chris tells Luke who is watching him with curiosity. Luke has a puzzled look on his face as he shifts his focus from Chris to Ivy.

Ivy has no idea what Chris is planning or hoping to achieve but she's getting scared though she doesn't show it. Who she is to Luke is not who she is to the rest of the school population. She tries her best to keep Luke from seeing her other side, only portraying to be the perfect sweet girlfriend.

But it seems like Chris, her ex is about to blow her cover. Would Luke still wanna be with her if he knows? She'd make sure of it. He always listens to whatever she says anyway.

"Your girlfriend is a bully," Chris asserts which results to Luke shaking his head in disbelief.

"She's not."

Chris snickers. "She sure as hell is. She's a bitch."

"Don't call her that," Luke says through gritted teeth. He moves closer to Chris so that they're standing in front of each other.

"But that's what she is," Chris smirks. "Everyone in this school knows -- well, except you."

"You're lying."

"I wish I am but it's the truth. Don't worry, you'll get used to it." Chris nods as if to reassure him. He shifts his gaze to Ivy. She's the reason he's actually here. Not her oblivious boyfriend.

"Hey Bitch," he hollers.

"I said you shouldn't call her that." He pushes Chris on the shoulders which results in him taking two steps back.

"Don't touch me. Don't you get it? Do I have to spell it out? Ivy has been pretending around you. She knows you won't like the real her that's why she's pretending. She's a bully, a bitch."

Luke's hand hits Chris chest in warning. "Don't call her that."

Chris' right hand that he doesn't even realise has clenched into a fist comes in contact with Luke's face, causing his face to whip to the opposite side with force.

Cue loud gasps from the audience.

"What the fuck!" Ivy exclaims and appears at Luke's side.

Jason and Max -- who have been watching like everyone else -- are shocked that Chris punched Luke. They immediately leave their table and appear at both sides of Chris to stop him from doing anything that'd get him in trouble.

Chris watches Ivy inspect Luke's face for any damages. He hadn't meant to punch Luke, it just happened.

He's angry. He's mad at Ivy. Mad that she broke his heart in sophomore year. Mad that she went on with her life like nothing happened. Mad that she had the guts to threaten Hazel. Mad that she harassed Hazel and managed to leave a bruise on her wrist. Mad that Luke is so oblivious. Mad that someone as good as Luke is standing up for that bitch. She doesn't deserve him. She doesn't deserve anyone. She only deserves people as shitty as her.

"Are you insane?" Ivy bellows at him.

"I should be asking you that," Chris says, anger flickering in his eyes.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Ivy yells in exasperation.

Luke watches them, his cheek throbbing.

'Damn! That hurts,' he thinks.

He doesn't know what's happening but he can see that Chris is really angry.

"You had the guts to threaten Hazel, huh?" Chris rages. "Who do you think you are?"

Ivy's eyebrows scrunch in confusion as she tries to recall threatening anyone named Hazel. To be honest, she has done a lot of it to different people and most times, she didn't bother to know the person's name.

Chris notices the look of utter confusion on her face and realises that he didn't say her real name.

"I'm talking about Stephanie, what you did to her this morning."

'Oh! Her.' Ivy thinks. How could she have forgotten about the loser she had to teach a lesson this morning. But why does Chris care? She wonders.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she feigns ignorance.

"Don't give me that bullshit. I know you know what I'm talking about. Or do you need me to jog your memory with a slap?" He says, even though he knows he can't slap her.

"Wait, are you talking about the same Stephanie I know?" Luke finally speaks again.

No one answers him.

"I can't believe I ever dated you. I can't believe I once thought you were a sweet, cute, harmless girl. You're nothing but a spoilt, conceited, narcissistic bitch. God! I don't even know how I got involved with you in the first place. I don't know what freshman me saw in you." Chris shakes his head before running a hand through his hair.

'Okay, that must have hurt,' Aspen thinks.

"I came here to warn you to stay away from Hazel. Stay. Away. From. Stephanie. Leave her alone. If you don't, I wouldn't mind disfiguring your face that you love so much."

Okay, he sure as hell wouldn't do that. She's a girl. He'd never hit a girl but there are other ways to get the message across.

Luke turns to face Ivy. "Is what he's saying true?"

Ivy shakes her head in denial and begins to shed crocodile tears. "No, no. He's lying to you babe. Please believe me."

Luke turns to face Chris. "I think it's time for you to leave. I've heard about how you dated Ivy and cheated on her."

Chris mouth drops open.

"Now you're trying to sabotage our relationship. Please, move on. She doesn't want you. Why would I believe a manwhore like you over my girlfriend?"

Something snaps in Chris and before Jason or Max can stop him, his knuckles collide with Luke's face again. Luke looses his balance, staggers backwards and falls to the ground.

Jason and Max holds him before he can cause anymore damage. Ivy kneels beside Luke, tears rolling down her cheeks.

'Look at her. A pathological liar. She lied to Luke about our relationship and made me look like the bad guy.'

Unfortunately for Chris, the moment his fist collided with Luke's face, the principal walked into the cafeteria.

"What's going on here?" The principal demands.

"It's Chris. He has gone mad," Ivy cries.

"Christopher Hayes, to my office. Now." The principal commands.

Chris pulls away from Jason and Max's grip and heads out of the cafeteria. The two follows him.
Once out of the cafeteria, Max speaks first.

"Dude. What was that for?"

Chris sighs, not really in the mood to talk.

"Why the fuck did you do that?" Jason demands.

"Language Carter!" The principal chides Jason as he walks by.
"Hayes, my office."

Chris slips his hands into his pockets and is about to follow the man but Jason stops him.
"We're going to discuss this later. Don't think I'll forget about it."

Chris gives a subtle nod and heads to the principal's office.
Once seated, the man asks.
"Why did you punch him, Hayes?"

Chris doesn't answer. Instead he stares at the poster on the white wall above the principal's head.

The man narrows his eyes at Chris. "Answer me, Hayes."

Chris stays silent.

"You know we don't condone violence in this school. I don't know what made you do that but you'll have to be punished."

Chris still doesn't say anything.
"Since you can't explain yourself, you can spend the rest of the week thinking about your actions."

Chris looks at the principal now and raises an eyebrow in question.

"You're suspended for the rest of the week."

"What?"

The principal smiles. "So you can talk now, huh? You may leave."

Chris stands and heads out.

"Make sure you help your mum with the chores, Hayes."

His mum won't like this.

A/N: So this chapter was giving me a headache and it still came out crappy. It's annoying and I feel like this whole chapter is shitty.

As always, thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 117K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...
420 70 17
Yes, she's not wrong. I don't deserve Hazel. I don't even deserve a single drop of love. I shouldn't even start that fuckin game. It's all my fault n...
1.2M 45.5K 37
The rewritten version is on my account: Accidental Roommate (NEW). You can read this version but, just be warned, it is the 1st draft. Expect plothol...
1.8K 99 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...