Trust Me (A Harry Styles Fan...

By 1D_lover_hs

Bethany Smith is a multibillionaire. After her parents die suddenly, she is left in the world to fend for her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79

Chapter 20

10.8K 265 44
By 1D_lover_hs

Bethany's POV

To say I am upset would be the biggest understatement to ever be said. I am fucking furious. The amount of rage I can feel running through my veins at the moment was scary. One wrong move, and I might as well just punch a whole in the damn wall.

I have been pacing back and forth across my office all damn morning. There hasn't been a single piece of work I've taken care of. The fact that I am too angry to work makes me even more mad, knowing I'm going to be here so much later than I had planned. I'm tired and cranky as shit from the lack of sleep, so everything seems to be pissing me off fifty times worse than it should.

When I hear the door open, my head snaps towards the source. He stands there a bright smile on his face at first, but that quickly disappears into a nervous scowl. Even in my time of rage, I still manage to only look at him and feel my heart beat quicken immensely. He was staring at me, and I was staring at him and for some damn reason, I felt every amount of anger I had in my body rush out of my body. All I could think about was how good his tight black jeans and plain white t-shirt looked on his body.

"Hi bub." He greets me, giving me a quick peck on the cheek and a tight hug. He smells fresh, obviously just out of the shower. I bite my lip, trying to stifle the grin that wants to come out due to the pet name he gave me.

"Hi." I reply, but my voice comes out way weaker than I was going for. Shit. Harry gives me a curious glance, but lets out a light chuckle.

"Don't get all shy on me now." My face turns a bright pink, so I decide to hide my head straight in his chest, listening to the rumble of his laughter move through his body.

"Don't make fun of me." I pout lightly, continuing on with his playful assault. He grabs my head in his hands, pulling it away from his chest and inspects my face. Chills run down my spine as I feel his finger tips move the small stray hairs that moved to cover my eyes.

"Just teasin' love. Wouldn't dream of really makin' fun of you." He kisses my cheek one more time before deciding to go sit down on my couch, all the way across from my desk.

"I like your office attire. Very professional." He continues, but this time, I give him a glare.

"Well, I wouldn't be wearing this if you didn't drag me out to the early hours of the night." My lips quirk up into a sarcastic smile, making him chuckle lightly.

"Oh you enjoyed yourself. Admit it." And as much as I wish I could admit he was joking, I knew he was right. I did enjoy myself, and I did enjoy being twenty again.

"Fine, yeah. I had a good time." I sigh, finally deciding to take a seat on the coffee table across from him.

"So why did I wake up this mornin' to a frantic lady callin' me on the phone. Scarin the absolute shit outta me right now if I'm bein honest." He has a smile on his face, but I can see the nerves behind it.

"Oh dang, sorry. What'd she say to you?" I try to play it off innocent, but I can tell that he knows I already know.

"Oh you know, just screamed at me tellin' me I needed to 'get my ass in here right away'." He quotes Vanessa with a girly voice and air quotes, making me break out into a fit of giggles.

"Oh I'm sorry. I'll have to have a talk with her about how to call people." I try to play it off again, but he just shakes his head and gives me a knowing look.

"So why am I here? Miss me already?" I blush at his words, his cockiness never seeming to leave. It amazed me at how he could be so confident at some points and so damn shy at others. It was like whip lash.

"I needed to talk to you about the articles all over the internet and magazine covers." I mumble, but I know he's heard it because he face becomes completely emotionless. There was thinking going on in his head, you could tell by way his eyebrows would furrow if he thought of something.

"I don't know what you want me to say..." He shrugs, leaning back on the couch.

"You don't know what I want you to say? I want you to say anything!" My voice raises at the end. There was so much irritation coming from my mouth, I was scared what was going to come next. I knew by the looks of it, it was going to be bad, seeing as his face turned into a full on frown.

"Not gonna like what I have to say bub." He rubs the back of his neck before letting out a long breath.

"I'd rather you say something then nothing."

"Well, I don't know why the fuck you seem so surprised. You went out on a date with me... Dunno, did ya honestly expect no one would take pictures and leak 'em?" The tone he had made me feel completely stupid. Of course, cocky Harry had to bring out the dick portion of his personality, making me question my feelings for him all over again.

"That's not what I'm talkin about, Harry. I'm talkin about the titles on all the tabloids!" I stand up, making him cower back a bit before he stands up too. Even with my tall height, he still seems to tower over, making me cringe.

"That's all they are! Fuckin' titles! They don't mean shit and if you honestly did believe them, I'm sorry but you gotta lot of shit comin' your way." He shakes his head, a sarcastic laugh coming out along with it.

"I just wanted to know what your damn opinion was Harry. I didn't need a damn lecture on me being stupid. I knew those titles weren't real. And I know damn well that they never will be." I try to back away from him, only to have my body grabbed and brought as close as I could to him.

"You don't mean that." His hot breath fans down my face, and for some reason, I feel chills run down my spine again.

"They were taking pictures of us Harry. You knew too, didn't you?" I ask, but I'm assuming I was wrong because he looked completely puzzled.

"No, didn't know that. You always assume the worst of me." He mumbles.

"You're not lying?" I whisper. This only seems to make him even more mad. He shoves me back, making me tumble backwards and onto the floor. The shove itself wasn't hard, it was just the shock of him pushing me that made me lose my balance on the ground and make me go flat on the floor.

The shock in both our eyes was evident. No one said anything. We just simply stared at each other. For three minutes I laid on the floor, not knowing if I was safe to get up, or if I should just continue to lie there and wait till he left. Every fucking moment that was passing felt like a kick to the stomach. What if he's always like that? Though he looked just as surprised as me.

"Bethany-" He starts, but quickly cut him off.

"I uh- I need to get back to work." I stand up, backing away from him as far as I can before I hit my desk.

"What the fuck did I just do to you?" He sneers. I can feel my hands start to shake, and I feel that for some reason, swallowing hard would calm me down a bit. I was wrong.

"Harry- it's-it's fine." I try to persuade him. Anything to get him out of my office.

"You're so damn agrivatin' ya know that don't ya?!" He takes a few steps towards me, but stops when his body almost comes in contact with mine.

"I'm sorry." I murmur, hoping to calm him down.

"You shouldn't be. It's just frustrating as hell knowing I can't fuckin' push ya to do what I want. Damn refreshing, but holy fuck annoyin' as hell. Dunno what to do. I didn't mean to shove you. I just got pissed and was scared I was gonna hit something. Didn't want it to be you." He grumbles, running a hand harshly through his hair. I was surprised he didn't rip any out.

"You didn't push me hard. It just surprised me when you let go so I stumbled a bit."

"Still no excuse. I refuse to hit a woman. I don't know what just came over me."

He starts to pace in front of me, and for some reason, I feel bad for him. He was obviously so bothered by what he did that he was beating himself up for it. Half of it really was my fault, and I know that.

Cautiously, I took a step towards him when he stopped pacing to face the window outside. He didn't hear me move away from the desk, so I continued on my path towards him. When I was finally a few inches behind him, I felt all the air leave my body. It was like a rack of nerves hit me straight in the gut, winding me of all the oxygen I had. I ignore it, pushed my mind passed it and reached out for his body. When my arms finally wrapped around his torso, it was like his body became completely free of tension. Every muscle relaxed and every damn amount of anger that made his body shake left. He was calm, and I don't think I've ever been so thankful.

"We should really talk this out like adults- this tabloid thing. It wasn't right of me to be such an ass, I'm sorry." He turns around, wrapping his arms around me and setting them around my waist.

"I just wanted to know if I get questioned by anyone from my company's board how you'd want me to address it. I wouldn't want to say anything bad. And to be honest, I wanted to know if you know that those pictures were being taken because it would have been nice for some warning. But you said you didn't so I believe you." I assure him. The anger I had vanished. It was all about amending ties between us now.

"I didn't know a thing. And as of now, I think we both know we're just friends. But I'm not going to see anyone else. I like you, and I told you I'd wait until you were ready to make it official." He squeezes my hip bone, trying to reassure me before leaning down and kissing my cheek.

Slowly, a burning sensation made it's way to my cheek where his lips had touched me. I swallowed hard, hoping to swallow the nerves rising again. It still didn't work.

His lips continued to move around from my cheek, down to my jaw and slowly down my neck. He stopped when a small whimper escaped my lips. I felt him smile, obviously proud he found my sweet spot. It was when he started to suck harshly, I felt my stomach explode with butterflies. I let out a small moan, something that didn't seem to want to leave so when it came out, it was quiet. The sound was enough to obviously affect him, seeing as he grabbed my hips tighter and brought himself closer to me.

Everything was happening so fast. I had no idea how we went from casual flirting, to yelling then physically harming and all of the sudden we were back to flirting and kissing. It was refreshing though. It was the kind of argument I thought was good in a relationship. It was the kind of fight were you had to solve your problems in order to fix them. He was apologetic, yet he held his ground. It was weird how open we were at the same time.

When his lips made there way back up toward mine, a door slammed open and a very flustered Vanessa was gaping at us. I could feel my face burning while Harry simply stood back and laughed. I swatted his stomach, making him groan before he stopped.

"S-sorry to interrupt. You have an appointment though, and you really need to let him come in. It's an important investor." She stammers a bit at first before regaining composure.

"Tell him I'll be ready in a few minutes. 3 at most." I assure her before she closes the door.

"I guess I gotta go." He whines in my ear with a pout.

"Mmmmhm." I hum making him laugh.

"Can I see you tonight?" He asks, a bit of hope in his eyes.

"I guess. But only if we can do something fun." I pressure him.

"Bub, everything is fun with me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 477 33
She's the kind of girl you see roaming through the halls quietly, full of anxiety, she worries about everything. She doesn't like to be alone, never...
63.2K 1K 42
(SEQUEL TO LIFES CONFUSING) Things are starting to look better for Eli. But what ever happened to Taylor and Zack. Will things just go wrong again? W...
1.1K 50 24
An ordinary girl living her life was forced to move with her family across the world to London. She warmed up to the idea after letting it sit for a...
11.8K 214 17
*under editing* Bethany Drummond was everything you would expect from a small town English girl. Only one difference, she had the money. Her parents...