Little Mercury

By Ahsoka98

When social services show up on Freddie Mercury's doorstep with some pretty big news. Follow him and his daug... More

Intro & Cast
Disgusting
Amelia
Getting Ready
New Home
Favourite Uncles
Grandparents
The studio
Birthdays
Nursery
Deja Vu
Keep Yourself Alive
Christmas
Questions
Departure
Poor Brian
Small World
Holiday
Back to School
Success
New Adventure
America
Tour Bus
Museum
Magic
Goodbye For Now
Bad Timing
Bursting Point
Rockfield Farm
BoRhap
Broken
News
Heartbreak
Cast List 2
1980
Moving Day
High School
Headteacher
New Friend
Garden Lodge
Drummer?
Audition
Meeting
Halloween: Part 1
Halloween: Part 2
They Know
Concert
Christmas Shopping
First Gig
Familiar Face
Truth Will Out
First Date
Party!!!
Aftermath
Solo
Meet Up
Santa Monica
Work Experience
Come Home
Reunion
Approval
School Show
Live Aid
Prom
Results Day
Tests
Doctors
Telling
Lesson
Losing
Hurting
Fallen Angelz
Driving
A/N: Not A Chapter
Joint Celebration
Girls' Night Out
Aids
Wedding Dress
A/N
Wedding
New Normal
On Edge
Scan
Time Flies
Baby
New Beginnings
First Christmas
Time to Say Goodbye
Tribute
New Book!!!
Change of Plan Amelia Mercury book 2 is happening!!!
It's here!!!
Five Years

Missing

1.8K 58 46
By Ahsoka98

Not even three weeks after Robert was born, Queen is recording again but this time they had been sent to some farm in Wales so that they have no distractions.

Amelia was not happy, she had finished the school year and is now off for six weeks and she can not see her dad for any of it.

But right now Amelia is at the park playing with Jessica while Mary and Claire are sat on a bench chatting.

Amelia's POV

We are sat on the swings when Jessica tugs on my sleeve, "Milly, look it's Michael, let's hide." I look up to see Michael entering the park with his mum.

We got off the swings and ran underneath one of the climbing frames and sat down hoping he hasn't seen us, "Milly, I have something to tell you."

I look at Jessica, she's been quieter than normal from the moment I arrived, "What is it?"

She looks sad, "I overheard mum talking to dad last night, she said that if Michael keeps bullying us I might have to move schools."

Her voice was so quiet I wasn't sure I'd heard it but I did and my heart sank, "But you can't move schools, your my only friend and we're meant to stick together and be friends for life." My eyes became watery.

We were so caught up in our conversation that we hadn't seen Michael approaching us, "Hey loser," he looks at Jessica then turns to me, "hey freak, get out of my spot." He pushes me backwards when we're not quick enough to move. Jessica ran off to get her mum.

I landed on my arm grazing the skin making it sting and bleed, "I told you I didn't want to see your face, your an ugly scar-faced freak." He stood over me arm raised to hit me and I look away waiting for the impact, but it never came.

I look back up and see his mum stood over him holding his arm, "Michael Owens! I never ever want to see you hit anyone like that again and I am ashamed for what you just called her. Apologizes immediately." Her voice was stern and angry.

Mary and Claire had come over by this time, Mary knelt down to check I was okay and Claire proceeded to inform Michaels mum about the other incidents from school.

Michael's apology was forced but it didn't help the damage was already done, I cried the entire way home.

Mary washed my grazed arm when we got home but I wanted to be on alone.

Mary left me in my room cuddling Jerry, needing some air Mary climbed out onto the fire escape and sat enjoying the cool breeze.

I watched Mary climb out the window then grabs my backpack stuffing it with clothes, wash stuff, hedgehog and my combined pocket and birthday money. I had been saving my money and it came to a total of £74.33.

I put my shoes on and grab my coat, I kiss Jerry's head then quietly makes my way to the front door, avoiding the squeaky floorboard.

My heart was in my mouth, I would be in a lot of trouble for this but I need to talk to my dad in person.

Opening the door just enough to slip out without making it creak, I froze when I heard a meow. Looking down I see Tiffany sat next to my leg looking at me, "Don't you dare snitch," I point at Tiffany warningly and pulls the door too.

I ran down the steps of my apartment block, I open the main door and run. Mary wouldn't see me, the fire escape is around the corner and I was going the other way but the faster I run the further I can get before she knows I'm gone.

------

Using my pass I got on the underground all the way to London Paddington. Before dad had left I asked him if you could get the train to where he was going, at the time I had no intention of using this knowledge I just wanted to know.

Now I'm glad I did because I knew to get the train from Paddington rather than Euston.

I arrive at the station and no one seems to bat an eyelid that I am on my own without an adult, they just went about there day.

The woman at the desk seemed puzzled but once I told her that I was meeting my dad in Wales and I give her the right amount of money, £22.25, she brought the story and give me the ticket, directing me to the correct platform.

It was half-past 12 and the train leaves in ten minutes, I sat down in a seat by the window just as the train pulls off, No going back now.

The train journey would take 2 hours and 45 minutes, it would take me to Newport where I have to change trains to take me to Abergavenny in Wales.

As I stare out of the window, watching as the view turns from city buildings to open green fields, my eyes start to feel heavy and I drift off head against the window.

------

When I woke again I check my watch, I'd slept for an hour and a half. I look out the window not sure where I am.

I look around and saw an elder woman sat in the seat across the aisle, I lean over, "Excuse me,"

The woman looks up from her book, "Have we passed Newport train station yet?"

She looks me up and down before answering my question, "No dear, it's the next stop. About five minutes."

I breathe a sigh of relief, "Are you on your own dear?" The woman asked obviously concerned as to why I'm not with an adult.

"Yes, I'm meeting my dad in Abergavenny," I reply politely and the woman goes back to her book though giving me the occasional side glance.

I check to make sure I have everything so I'm ready to get off when the train arrives, I wonder if Mary has noticed I've gone yet.

I get off the train and went to a member of staff to ask for the right platform and next train, "The next train to Abergavenny is in 20 minutes on platform 3."

"Thank you," before going to the station a stop at the small shop to grab a drink and some food, I'd missed lunch and now I was hungry.

I walk on to the platform as the train arrives, checking it was the right train I hop on next to the window again. Making sure I don't fall asleep this time I eat my sandwich.

------

Half an hour later the train arrives at the Abergavenny train station now I need to find a way of getting from here to the studio.

Abergavenny station was small only two stations. I walk across the bridge and stop on the other side at the taxi station.

Immediately a taxi pulls up, Dad will go mental when he finds out I got into a strangers car but it says taxi so I climb in.

The driver looks so confused but asks me where I want to go and I give him the address, "That's well cost you £30 love."

"I got that," He just shrugs and drives off. He actually spoke to me along the way, he had a sort of granddad feel about him.

End of Amelia's POV

------

While sat on the fire escape Mary had somehow managed to fall asleep, when she woke just over 2 hours had passed.

She shot up from her seat and back inside, "Amelia, I'm so sorry sweetheart I fell asleep, are you hungry? I can do you some lunch now." She shouted this towards Amelia's bedroom, rushing around the kitchen grabbing stuff from the fridge to make a sandwich.

When she doesn't get a reply she stops, maybe she fell asleep like me, Mary walks over to the room pushing the door open expecting to see Amelia asleep on the bed, but the room was empty.

Her heart drops, "Milly where are you?" Mary checks the entire flat, bathroom, kitchen, cupboards, their bedroom and the fire escape, in case she has missed her coming back in but nothing.

Mary starts to panic, going back to Amelia's bedroom, she checks the wardrobe seeing clothes missing and her backpack gone. Her money pot open and empty on the bed.

Running to the front door, Amelia's shoes and coat are gone from there usual spots, She's gone!

She ran to the phone hands shaking as she starts calling everyone she can think of, Claire, Veronica and Jer but none of them has seen her. Veronica suggests ringing Freddie.

Dialling the studio number Mary thinks quickly about what she is going to say. It's Brian who answers.

------

The band are back in the main house taking a break and having a late lunch when the phone rang, Brian gets up to answer it.

The other three carry on the conversation, "Freddie it's Mary, sounds extremely urgent."

Freddie grabs the phone, Roger and John stop their chatter and listen with Brian if it was urgent that means something bad has happened.

"Hello, my love."

'Oh god Freddie, I don't know what to do. I fell asleep and when I woke she was gone, no one has seen her, her room is empty and...'

"Mary, calm down I can't understand what you're on about."

He hears her take a shaky breath trying to calm down, "Now try again love what's happened?"

'I fell asleep out on the fire escape and when I woke Amelia was gone,' Freddie's heart stops, "What do you mean Amelia's gone?" he says it to the room so the others understand what's going on.

The three friends exchange a concerned look, moving a little closer to the phone so they can all just about hear Mary.

'There was an incident at the park with that Michael kid, he pushed her over and call her nasty names. We came back to the flat but she wanted to be alone. I sat on the fire escape, only intending to be out there a few minutes and I fell asleep. I was out for a good two hours at least, when I woke I checked her room and she was gone. Some of her clothes, her backpack and money are missing, coat and shoes are gone from the door.'

"Has she tried Veronica and your parents?" Brian asks trying to be helpful.

'Yes Brian, I tried Veronica, Claire, Chrissie and Jer. They haven't seen her, what do I do Freddie? Should I call the police?'

Freddie couldn't think straight, his daughter could be anywhere by now. He dazed out, heart racing, where is she?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.5K 117
It's the beginning of the summer of 1977. Final exams are over and 18 year old Monica Brannigan and her best friend Paula leave their troubled home c...
181K 4.5K 131
Amelia Mercury reborn, follow her on a journey filled with the highs and lows that come with being the daughter of a beloved legend. The timeline set...
41.1K 1.7K 60
What if John Deacon, bassist of Queen had a daughter before he married Veronica? Well, this is her story. Though the moment that brought John and his...