๐•‹๐•™๐•– ๐•„๐•’๐•˜๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•—๐•š๐•”๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ...

By KatElLewis

๐ถ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘”๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘Ž๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข? ๐ถ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐ผ'๐‘š ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘‘, ๐‘Ž๐‘š ๐ผ? Katherin... More

๊งPสŸแด€สสŸษชsแด›๊ง‚
๊งEแด˜ษชษขส€แด€แด๊ง‚
๊งAแด‡sแด›สœแด‡แด›ษชแด„๊ง‚
๊งPส€แดสŸแดษขแดœแด‡๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Aษชส€ Rแด€ษชแด…๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Mแด€แด„ส€แด‡แด€แด…ส๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Wแด€ส€แด…ส€แดส™แด‡๊ง‚
๊ง(Tสœแด‡ Fแด€แดœษด)๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Sแด‡แด„แดษดแด… Vษชsษชแด›๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Pส€แดา“แด‡ssแดส€๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Wแดแดแด…s๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Bแด‡แด€แด แด‡ส€s๊ง‚
๊ง(Tสœแด‡ Iแด„แด‡ Pแด€สŸแด€แด„แด‡)๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Esแด„แด€แด˜แด‡๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Rษชแด แด‡ส€๊ง‚
๊ง(Tสœแด‡ Tส€แด€ษชแด›แดส€)๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Lษชแดษด๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Tแด€สŸแด‹ษชษดษข Hแดส€sแด‡๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Mแด‡แด‡แด›ษชษดษข๊ง‚
๊ง(Tสœแด‡ Sแด€แด„ส€ษชา“ษชแด„แด‡)๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Sแด›ส€แด€แด›แด‡ษขส๊ง‚
๊ง(Tสœแด‡ Dแด‡แด‡แด˜แด‡ส€ แดแด€ษขษชแด„)๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Bแด€แด›แด›สŸแด‡ Oา“ Bแด‡ส€แดœษดแด€๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Cแดส€แดษดแด€แด›ษชแดษด๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Aแดส™แด€ssแด€แด…แดส€๊ง‚
๊งTสœแด‡ Nแด‡xแด› Aแด…แด แด‡ษดแด›แดœส€แด‡๊ง‚
๊งIแดแด˜แดส€แด›แด€ษดแด› A/N๊ง‚
๊ง๐‘Š๐‘‚๐‘Š!๊ง‚
๊งBแดแดแด‹ 2 ษชs Cแดแดแด˜สŸแด‡แด›แด‡๊ง‚
๊งThank You๊ง‚

๊งTสœแด‡ Tส€แด€ษชษดษชษดษข Pส€แด€แด„แด›ษชแด„แด‡๊ง‚

6K 138 42
By KatElLewis

Katherine had sat between Peter and Susan upon her arrival to their breakfast, which had been laid out across an ornate wooden table. The mahogany table itself was perched on spread out blankets full of deep, rich colour and many pillows were strewn all over for the children to sit comfortably on. Katherine herself had sat on a royal blue cushion and was spreading jam over her fourth piece of toast.

Peter by now had moved to lean against a giant boulder whilst drinking water from a metal cup. He watched the girl with faint amusement and a touch of longing on his face. She was oblivious to his looks as he watched her move the knife back and forth in a fluid moment over the bread. Trying to memorize her facial features for what he was certain would be the last time.

Once she had finished with the jam, she put the nearly empty pot back in the middle of the table and groaned in delight as she sunk her teeth into the toasted bread. The taste of freshly made butter and jam hit her with a sweet memory of Sunday morning breakfasts with her parents. One of the only occasions they shared meals. A smile graced Katherine's face as she remembered the memory fondly.

Someone snorted and voiced out.

"Narnia isn't going to run out of toast Edmund" Katherine opened her eyes to find Lucy smirking at her older brother who had been scarfing down his sixth slice. Susan lent in towards Katherine.

"Goodness, I think he's learning from you" Katherine rolled her eyes but laughed a little at the comment as she pushed Susan's hand away with a pout. Katherine heard Peter's restless movements and turned to face the boy as he spoke up.

"Then you better pack some for the journey" Katherine put down her half-eaten piece of toast and looked up in confusion. The other three Pevensie siblings were equally shocked. They exchanged glances before Susan spoke up.

"So we're going home?" Peter gave her a look that to Katherine showed some guilt and hints of fear. She tried to meet his eyes so that she could read what was going on inside his mind however, he refused to make eye contact with her. He chose instead to watch the grass next to Susan's head and Katherine could not help but be concerned with what he was going to say.

"You are" he began and he kicked off from the wall before continuing, "I promised mum that I'd keep you four safe, but it doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help."

He sat back down on the carpet-like blankets and turned to Katherine finally to see her reaction. She locked him in a fierce stare as she said.

"I too made a promise and if you stay so do I"

She held her ground glaring defiantly at him, Peter opened his mouth to reply but Lucy beat him to it.

"Besides they need all four of us, Peter, it's no use one of us staying because they won't be able to right anything without all of us there"

Lucy's words stabbed a very insecure part of Katherine as once again she was left out of the equation, she knew it was silly. That the prophecy had only mentioned the four siblings and there was no reason to let jealousy gnaw at her right now but she couldn't help wishing they would include her too. That they would want her to stay with them, not talk as if she was extra baggage and they didn't care if she stayed or not.

This of course was not at all how the four Pevensie siblings saw Katherine however Katherine's fears of being forgotten by them once again clouded her judgement.

"Lucy it's too dangerous." Peter began, "You and Katherine almost drowned, Katherine and Edmund were almost killed! I'm not going to take the chance of anything happening like that again"

"You don't have to Peter, I'm my own person and I can make my own choices. If I choose to stay that's my own risk" Katherine snapped back growing irritated. She didn't understand why he had to be so noble all the time. She didn't want him to risk his life whilst she fled across the country like a coward.

"Katherine you're not safe here. What if she captures one of you as she did with Edmund, what if this time she shows no mercy?" He yelled exasperated.

"Which is why we have to stay," Edmund spoke softly, the other children snapped their heads towards him as he looked between them, Katherine internally grimacing at the now black split lip that still adorned his face. Edmund pressed on.

"I've seen what the White Witch can do and I've helped her do it, and we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it." Katherine softened and gave the boy a look of sympathy and understanding.

Lucy grabbed Edmund's hand and gave it a squeeze of reassurance.

"Well, I guess that's it then," Susan explained as she got up and made her way to the girls' tent.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked her, confused.

Susan picked up her bow and ivory-coloured quiver of arrows.

"To get in some practice." She smirked before walking off in the general direction of the archery targets that had been set out for the army's practice.

Katherine stood up and shot the boys a smirk as she strapped on her dual swords.

"Come on boys, you're going to need all the help you can get to be able to beat me in a fight" She smirked at the two before walking off and she heard Lucy giggle mischievously as the boys grumbled.

Rolling her eyes at the boys' lack of speed she began to sprint towards the hill Raiden had previously crossed over, where she knew Oreius and him were waiting. The boys let out cries of protest and hastened to catch up to the girl.

Peter had always been an athlete at Hendon House. Katherine had always dreaded athletic days when they would have to go over to Hendon House to use their tracks. Boys came down to watch the girls in cotton shorts and vests. Katherine was always irritated by the many girls who ran track just to show off to boys.

She was more so irritated on days where the Saint Finbar girls would have to watch Hendon House play sports, one of their most popular sports being American football. Peter annoyingly was very good at the sport and played halfback which was incredible for his age compared to the rest of the team. Katherine heard many girls swoon at him at matches including Alicia which frustrated her to no end.

Looking behind and seeing how much Peter had caught up with her really justified his position as a halfback, however, with Katherine's athletics records he stood no chance in beating her to Oreius and once she had arrived she was surprised to see not only Raiden with Oreius but a chocolate brown steed.

As her eyes moved to the third horse, a pure white unicorn she let out a gasp of awe. Peter who had now caught up caught her reaction before turning to the almost silvery animal and his face mimicked Katherine's expression. Raiden was obviously jealous of Katherine's reaction and trotted up to her, nudging her with his head and whinnying in protest.

Katherine laughed at his actions and patted him fondly before swinging herself up and giving his neck an affectionate rub.

"Don't worry Raiden, you are my favourite" she murmured softly to him. Raiden's haughty expression after her words said it all and Katherine silently chuckled at his inflated ego.

She turned to Oreius drawing her swords and Peter couldn't help but look at her in admiration, Edmund who by now had caught up wore a similar expression as she turned to Oreius.

"Show me how to fight with Raiden" It was all she needed to say as her training begun.

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Katherine had absorbed what Oreius had told her about how to keep balance on Raiden whilst using her swords and how to manoeuvre her swords without nicking Raiden in the process.

The boys had been shocked to discover Katherine could swordfight and even more so interested in her story. They had seen the antique swords that were held in display in her house and they wondered if Katherine had ever used them for practice. Katherine, after getting the hang of riding and sword fighting moved off to train with Sacha. Sacha was one of Oreius' good friends and she got along quite well with him, even beating him a few times.

The boys had been given a crash course by Oreius and Katherine had to admit Peter caught on quite naturally. His sword, now named Rhindon, glimmered in the light and she could make out the golden calligraphy that was the second half of the great prophecy. The two boys were sparring and Peter's clothes, slightly damp with sweat, hugged him attractively. His hair was a halo of gold in the light.

Peter had always been the leader in his group of friends back at Hendon House and here she could see his natural leadership shone through. Peter had always had an incredible ability to convince anyone to follow him through his words and the way he carried himself. He could make anyone feel able to trust him. He, as far as Katherine could see, had never abused his talent though and instead had been the golden boy at Hendon House.

Now here he was, an uncrowned King to all Narnians. Who was she to be friends with the Golden Boy. The sun's rays shone through Peter's golden hair once again as he moved his head to duck from a swipe of Edmund's sword. His blue eyes sparkled mischievously and Katherine couldn't help loving that shade of blue he held. His tanned skin shone when the sun hit and all of this just made it clear for Katherine. 

He was too good for her. He was made for greatness. Their Golden King. She could never live up to their standards for him. Besides he would have a kingdom to run if everything went right in the war. He wouldn't have time for her, why would he? They had only just started getting along. He could leave her in a heartbeat if he wanted to.

"Come on Ed, sword hand up as Oreius showed us" Peter exclaimed as he jabbed near his brother's side. Katherine regained her concentration, blocking a blow from Sacha with both of her swords. She twisted his sword out of his grip holding one of her swords behind his neck and the other above his throat.

She heard scampering behind her and sheathing her swords, Raiden and she turned to see the Beavers running up to their small group with a worried expression on both of their faces.

Edmund's horse reared in surprise and Edmund grabbed onto his reins to steady himself. Raiden had seen one look at the reins and promptly refused for Katherine ever to put reins or a saddle on him. She couldn't complain she guessed, besides it was less work for her anyway.

"Whoa, horsey!" Edmund had exclaimed as he tried to subdue the horse. The horse rolled his eyes before looking back at Edmund slightly as he replied.

"My name is Philip." Katherine burst out laughing at Phillip's words and Edmund scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.

"Oh, sorry" Edmund had replied not quite knowing what to say. Katherine had just looked between the two in amusement and she felt Raiden move impatiently.

"You humans are so surprised at everything here" Raiden muttered and Katherine laughed a little harder.

"Yes" she proclaimed in mock agreement, "Us humans are just such boring people to be excited at the prospects of talking horses when indeed we should realize it is a completely normal part of life"

Raiden just rolled his eyes at her antics whilst the two boys had a laugh themselves. She giggled and stroked Raiden's back fondly. She turned to the Beavers who she now realized carried a grave look about them.

"You better come quick" Mr Beaver began, "the White Witch has requested a meeting with Aslan"

The three exchanged a similar worried expression. Katherine leaned forward to Raiden and as if they could communicate telepathically, he heeded her thoughts and bolted in the direction of Aslan's tent in the middle of the camp.

Peter's unicorn followed and Phillip let out an unattractive snort before racing off. The three crossed over the hill in time to see the procession in the distance making their way to the camp.

2129 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.1K 30
A Reader X Edmund Pevensie FanFic starting in the setting of the film Prince Caspian. This will be an ongoing series! I am open to suggestions and re...
268K 6.4K 45
โ๐”…๐”ข๐”ฃ๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ข ๐”„๐”ก๐”ž๐”ช'๐”ฐ ๐”ฃ๐”ฉ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฅ ๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ก ๐”„๐”ก๐”ž๐”ช'๐”ฐ ๐”Ÿ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ข ๐”–๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ฐ ๐”ฌ๐”ซ ๐”ฑ๐”ฌ๐”ญ ๐”ฌ๐”ฃ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ฏ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ข, ๐”„๐”ซ๐”ฌ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข๐”ฏ ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ข ๐”ฌ๐”ฃ ๐”„๐”ก๐”ž๐”ช'๏ฟฝ...
63.8K 1.9K 37
"I've heard of this place." "You have?" "My mother used to tell me stories." ----------------------- Charlotte Baker always believed in a fantasy wor...
488K 14.7K 31
"You're not going anywhere, if anything your little boyfriend will just have another seat next to you." Peter threatens. A sharp laugh fell uncontrol...