A Perfect Distraction

By Middlebencherzz

Sometimes it only takes one person to change your life, a few seconds to fall in love and one day to lose eve... More

1. New York
2. Fate must really hate me
3. Lose Faith
4. New Home
5. Do I have an option?
6. Dishonesty
7. Fighter
8. Learning to ride Ducati
9. Torn Pages
10. Night Terrors
11. Chase
12. Throbbing heart
13. Devil
14. Punishments
15. Guest
16. Did he just...?
17. Hysteric
18. Unbosom
19. Reunion
20. Broken
21. Abduct
22. Rescue
23. Arouse
24. Sweet and Bitter
25. Transpire
26. Friends
27. A phase
28. Watson Enterprise
29. Haunting Memories
30. Before it's too late
31. Wrecking heart
32. Enrapture
33. Moving in
34. Torment
35. Dark Memories
36. Worst is yet to come
37. Anguish
38. Played
39. Ti Amo
40. Enamoured
41. Invitation
42. Masquerade Ball - I
43. Masquerade Ball - II
44. Caught
45. Miss you Already
46. Need him
47. Saudade
49. Dinner with Malinov family
50. Surprise!
51. A well-spent day
52. Inkling
53. Confuzzled
54. Twitchiness
55. Rendezvous
56. Secret's Out
57. Falling apart
58. Unveiling Emotion
59. Nearing Inescapable Spiral
60. Training
61. Call from Devil?
62. Flying Feathers
63. Euphoria
64. Unmasking
65. Before the storm
66. Unforeseen
67. Gone
68. Hold on
69. Silver Lining
70. Promise
The End: A Perfect Distraction
Bonus Chapter: Wedding Bells

48. Mourn

405 16 1
By Middlebencherzz

'Is he serious now?'

My mouth fell open in disbelief and surprise, but I slowly closed it. I pursed my lips together and glared at the back of Logan's head as he spoke with his personal assistant, I presume. He exchanged a few more words with her before turning around to face me. He frowned as he saw me, and my glare intensified.

"Logan Zachary Watson, you have 10 seconds to explain why I see eight bodyguards instead of one," I said displeased, pointing at them who were standing a few distances away, all wearing an emotionless face and dressed in black clothing including William.

"I don't want to take any chances."

"That's not an answer," I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air and he let out an exasperated sigh.

"We talked about this on the way, Lia."

"Yeah we talked, but you didn't mention you hired freaking eight guards. Two guards are understandable, but this..."

"Lia, this is for your safety. I can only protect you to some extent. If those people can hide all the information about your parents' murder, then that means they are powerful enough to defeat me. I'm sure they already got the information that you're alive from Olivier and I'm not taking any risk with your life."

" I know taking you to Worcester is risky, but I can't see you breaking down. You're guilty of not visiting them and I know for a fact that it's breaking you," he whispered, cupping my face with his hands. I stared at him, astonished by how much he understood me.

"I love you so much," my voice sounding raspy with so much emotion. His eyes softened and placed a lingering kiss on my forehead.

"I know, and I love you more," he mumbled against my skin.

"Come let's get inside," he said and took my hand in his large one. We climbed the steps to the entrance of the plane. The whole plane was painted in pure white color with a dark blue outline. The side of the plane was engraved in large neat writing that read: Watson Airlines

The interior of the plane was beautifully decorated with comfy leather sofas and seats. The entire jet was separated into two compartments. The first compartment has a total of twelve seats with mini-refrigerators besides it. The second compartment looked more luxurious with a neatly made sofa like a bed facing an LED TV on the left side and two leather seats facing each other with a rosewood sturdy table in between on the right side of the plane. The furniture looked plush and the color theme was beige and white.

The eight bodyguards took their seats and settled in the first two rows while Logan and I occupied the two seats in the last row. After fastening the seat belts the pilot announced the take-off which immediately made me tense. I took deep breaths as the plane started to run fast on the runway. I never liked the feeling that rises inside me during flight take-off and landing. My stomach always tickles in a weird way during this time. But this isn't the same tickling sensation I get whenever Logan kisses me. This one gives me a headache and the feeling isn't all so great.

"You okay love?" Logan asked, concerned. I offered him a small smile and nodded my head.

"Y-Yeah, just not a fan of the plane takeoffs," I said sheepishly. He cupped my face and leaned in, taking my bottom lip in his mouth. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling as he slowly massaged my lip with his. Hmm... butterflies in my tummy. Oh man, I missed that feeling. I clutched his suit jacket when I felt my stomach drop due to the takeoff. He pulled back once the turbulence was over and kissed my cheek.

"Better?"  He asked me with a smug smile. I was surprised that I didn't feel any headache this time. At that time I realized how glad I was for him to have that power to distract me from anything and everything. Man, isn't he awesome?

"Yeah" I nodded while blushing furiously.

As the plane leveled up in the sky, Logan unbuckled our seatbelts and stood up.

"Do you want anything to drink?" He asked. I shook my head in reply.

"I'll be at the back. Have some work to do. Let me know if you need anything, okay?" Logan said and I nodded my head. I watched him walk towards the minibar and pour himself a drink before settling on the table to work on his laptop.

Sighing, I looked out of the window, deep in thought.

I still can't believe I'm about to visit my parents' grave. Everything was in a rush and I didn't get time to say a proper goodbye to Grecia and Scarlet. I just texted informing them that I'll be flying to my place with Logan and they did not have to worry about me.

A year ago, I never thought my parents would be murdered and I would have to leave my hometown for my own safety.

A few months ago, I never thought I would get a chance to come back to my hometown to visit my parents' grave, but here I'm. Six months ago, I never thought I would fall in love with an amazing person, but here I'm.

I stared at Logan, my eyes filled with adoration and love for the man. If not him, I don't think I would be able to visit my parents' grave for at least a year. I thought I would spend this whole day sitting on my apartment couch, flipping through my childhood albums and weeping for my lost parents. Spending time with Grecia potentially made me forget about my parents' loss.

I never was one to believe in coincidence. Everything does happen for a reason. Meeting Logan on an unexpected and random day in the cafe, finding out he was Grecia's son, living in the same house as him and watching him through his ups and downs, everything which seemed like a coincidence, in the beginning, wasn't exactly it. All those things happened for a reason, It was for me to fall in love with this wonderful human being.

He gave me a reason to hope and smile again. He gave me a reason to dream. A dream to build a life with him. As his best friend, his love, and the mother of his children. I know I'm nowhere near to that stage in my life. I still don't know what the future has in store for me, but I really hope it includes him.

I stood up from my seat and walked towards him. He was sitting on the leather chair with a file on his lap. He looked up from the document as I neared him and gave me a small smile. But it soon turned into confusion as I took the documents from his hands and tossed it on the table. I then sat on his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck feeling him stiffen.

"Whoa," he breathed out and placed his hands on my waist.

"Thank you," I whispered against his neck. I felt him releasing his grip on me and looked at his striking face.

"You don't have to thank me, Lia. I have taken it as my sole duty to make you happy and content. I knew how bad you wanted to get back to your hometown on this very day. I just want to fulfill all your dreams." Hmm, if only he knew.

"You remember you said I'm the best thing that happened in your life after Grecia?" I asked him and he nodded his head, trying to grasp my emotion.

"But, Logan. It's you. You're the best thing that happened in my life. Your love and affection are all I need to feel complete. Now I don't have to pretend I'm happy... because you make me happy." I said, looking into his eyes. His eyes glowed with love and admiration, reflecting mine. Logan took my hand and placed it on his heart which was thumping fastly.

"You feel it?" he asked. I nodded my head. "You're the reason my heart beats this fast. You make me want to be a better man for you and I want to meet your expectations. You deserve more than I give you right now. You deserve everything in this world, love. And I want to be the one giving it to you" His voice is so soft in my ears.

"You already reached all my expectations without even trying, Logan."  I smashed my lips against his and kissed him hungrily. He didn't waste his time and kissed me back with equal hunger. He deepened the kiss and I tugged his hair unconsciously. I pulled back reluctantly when I started to feel light-headed again.

"What did you do to me?" He asked me in an accusing tone. I opened my eyes to find him looking at me with a frown on his face.

"What?" I asked bewildered.

"You are turning me into a really corny man, you are really a bad distraction, love." He said with a smirk on his face.

"Well, If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have discovered this side of you. So I'm not a bad distraction." I retorted.

"Right, you are not a bad distraction... You are my perfect distraction."

******

"You ready?" Logan asked, placing his hand on top of mine. I glanced out the window of the car to see our surroundings and familiarity ran through me. We've entered the town where I grew up. This place was the older part of the town, with richer houses. My house is huge but not that HUGE like Watson Mansion. My house has been passed down to my parents from my dad's father.

Two limo cars were waiting for us when we stepped out of the plane. I have to admit - this guy is loaded. Very very loaded. 

When we finally reached the cemetery, a tear that I had been holding since we reached here, glided down my cheeks.

I grabbed the bouquets of flowers and climbed out of the car. I stood there for a second or two, staring down the grassy hill where my parents are buried somewhere. I glance at Logan, catching his concerned and alert eyes watching me. I swallowed the lump lodged in my throat, blinking rapidly. I clung onto my composure and began to walk down the slope. My eyes skimmed down the names written on the different headstones, feeling the hairs on my nape stand straight in anxiety. Logan and a few of the guards were walking silently behind me, giving me space.

I halted in my tracks as a familiar name caught my eyes. My breath hitched and my chest caved in as the air was being forcefully sucked out of my lungs. I inhaled sharply and read the words.

In Loving Memory

Of

Eleanor Ann Kingston

Born: 23-09-1975

Died: 16-07-2019

My eyes welled up with tears and I reached out to trail my hand over the words.

In loving memory

  Of

Benjamin Arthur Kingston

Born: 13-01-1970

Died: 16-07-2019

I slowly sank to my knees and placed each bouquet on top of their grave.

"Hey, mom. Hey, Dad" I whispered, shakily. My heart hammered painfully in my chest, clenching with sadness. I looked up at the gloomy sky, tears rolling down my cheeks. The storm clouds are now blanketing the sky, joining with my loss.

"I'm s-sorry. I couldn't v-visit you both earlier." I said guiltily. "I-It's been a year now. A lot has happened after you both were gone." I said softly. I talked with them for fifteen minutes about my life in New York. I couldn't stop the tears trailing down my cheeks.  I then looked back and met Logan's gaze. He was standing a few feet away, out of hearing range, four guards each on either side of him looking at the surrounding in an alert. I motioned him to join me with my hand. He exchanged a few words with the guards before walking towards me.

I took his hands and he slowly descended down, beside me.

"I want to introduce Logan to you both," I said, interlocking my fingers with his. He silently glanced at the headstones with a sorrow expression.

"He's my boyfriend. Dad, I know you were against me having a boyfriend but I think you both will really like him. I love him, Mom, I really love him." Logan kissed my hair and wrapped his arms around my shoulder.

"I w-wish you both were here. But I know God wants you there with him in heaven." I said, squeezing my eyes shut.

"W-Why? Why did they kill you both? I hate this. I hate not knowing the reason behind your death. I'm sorry. I couldn't find your killers and give them the punishment they deserve. I failed. I know I failed." My body starts to shake with sobs and my hands threaded through the grass in frustration.

Everything started to hurt - my heart, my head, my body. This pain was too much to handle. My breath caught in my throat and it became hard to breathe. I coughed violently, my lungs burning and my stomach tightening. I don't think I've ever felt this helpless and vulnerable. I feel Logan's arms wrap around me, shielding me. I curl into his body and cry into his chest.

"Breathe Lia. Breathe for me." Logan said, his voice shaking slightly. I tried to breathe, but I heave with sobs making it hard to breathe.

"Look at me," he took my face in his hands. I slowly opened my eyes and stared at him through blurred vision.

"Breathe," he said slowly. I inhaled deeply before exhaling. I repeated it ten times before ending back in a sobbing mess. I grip his shirt with a weak hold and he gently rocks us in his lap, as I pour all my emotions in one breakdown. Logan rubs my back, whispering words of reassurance, slowly calming me down.

After his long effort to calm me down, tears finally stopped and I'm able to focus on my breathing. We stayed in that position, me sitting on his lap, my face buried in his chest as he played with my hair and lost the notion of time.

"Karolia, Is that you?" A voice called out my name in shock and surprise. We both stiffened. I slowly lifted my head and looked from Logan's shoulder. I widened my eyes and covered my mouth with my hands in surprise.

"Lia?" Logan asked, his voice tensed and alert. Ignoring him, I quickly untangle myself from Logan. I stood up and ran towards the man who was like a second father to me. The guards were surrounding him in a circle, their hands on their guns, ready to shoot him if he made a wrong move.

"Micah" I cried and ran into his arms. I silently cried on his shoulder feeling emotional again and he held me tightly.

"Y-You're alive! My God. You did hear my prayers, Lord." Micah said, his voice surprised. I wiped my tears with the sleeve of my dress and stepped back from his embrace. I was wearing a long sleeve off shoulder black knee-length dress with black tights.

"Yes I'm alive," I said. It took a moment for him to process everything as he stood still, staring at me in wonder.

Micah is a 46-year-old man, younger than my dad. His hair was dark brown, but there was a little sign of grey on his side, though it was barely noticeable. He had green emerald eyes which turned blue sometimes. His face was smooth and his body is really fit, not side fats or a big belly. He looked really young and good in his fitting black suit even though he's in his late 40's.

"Where were you all these days then? Why haven't you contacted me for a year?" He asked, getting agitated. An arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me to a familiar chest. I gave Logan a small weak smile as he stared at me in confusion. I nodded at the guards and they stepped back, still alert.

"It's a long story, Micah. I'll explain everything later. Now, I want you to meet my boyfriend, Logan." I said, smiling at my man. "Logan, this is Micah. He was my dad's best friend"

"Logan Watson," Logan extended his hand towards Micah, smiling politely.

"Micah Malinov," he took his hand and shook it. "Your name sounds very familiar." Micah trailed off.

"I own the Watson Enterprise and a few hotels around the world," Logan said and I looked at him proudly.

"Ahhh, now I remember," Micah said.

"That also explains this security" he mumbled under his breath, but loud enough for us to hear. He turned to me and raised a brow.

"You have a lot of explaining to do, young lady," he said seriously and I look down, guiltily.

"How about dinner at my house tonight?" Micah asked hopefully. I looked at Logan for confirmation and he smiled at me reassuringly. I then nodded my head and gave Micah a smile.

"Of course. Save a seat for us"

*****

"Wow," I breathe out. The suite was absolutely gorgeous and HUGE. The living room area includes an L-shaped sofa, a mini-refrigerator and to the side of the room was a dining area with a table and four chairs. Logan and I decided to settle for a single bedroom since we know we would end up together in bed at night. It is a bit strange and horrifying when I think about how I cannot sleep now without his warmth in bed.

He placed his hand on the small of my back and urged me to walk forward. We stepped into the bedroom and I opened my mouth, utterly and completely in awe of the sight. A king-size bed was placed in the middle with dozens of comfy pillows that screamed cozy. A flat TV screen was fitted to the wall in front of the bed.

"Damn" I whistled lowly.

"You like it?" Logan asked, wrapping his arms around me from behind. He placed a kiss on my neck.

"Love it," I said. "There's a big possibility I won't leave this forever," I said and he chuckled.

"Let's take some rest before we head out for lunch," he said and I nodded my head enthusiastically. I mean yeah I said I won't leave this place but when someone says food, I can't deny it. And I bet food here is very delicious.

He picked me in a bridal style, and I let out a squeal and giggled loudly. He threw me on the bed not so softly and I bounced up and down. Before I could process everything, he climbed on top of me and pinned my both hands above my head.

"Time to receive my gift for bringing you here" he grinned devilishly and I widened my eyes. He leaned forward and covered my mouth with his scorching kiss.

********

The elevator pinged and the silver-painted doors slid open. We stepped out into the sea of rich people. I suddenly felt very self-conscious about what I was wearing. People around me were wearing beautiful expensive tops and skirts or suits wearing heavy makeup, whereas I'm still in my black dress which isn't very expensive and no makeup at all except eyeliner and very visible dark circles under my eyes.

"You look beautiful, never doubt that," Logan whispered in my ear, noticing my dilemma whether to turn back and head towards the suite and order takeout. Of course, he won't understand my situation as he himself is wearing an expensive suit which hugged him perfectly in all the right places.

"Come on," he said, shaking his head. I huffed and walked forward, entering into a cute looking Italian restaurant. We took a table at the far end of the hall and all the guards took another table, close to us all wearing suits, unlike their bodyguard uniform. It was me who pleaded them to change from their uniform as we are getting a lot of attention than necessary.

I looked around the place as Logan placed our order to a cute looking guy who seemed to be my age. As the guy walked away with our order, Logan turned to look at me and glared at me.

"What?"

"You were checking him out" he gritted out. I immediately understood what he was talking about, but I faked innocence.

"Who?" I asked, acting confused.

"That ugly looking guy," he said.

"Hey, he's cute" I blurted out without thinking. He narrowed his eyes and tightened his grip on my hand, which was placed on top of the table.

"H-He might be cute, but not as attractive as you. You're handsome." I said, which is actually true. He's completely oblivious of the stares he's getting from the other women. He playfully glared at me, but I can see he's fighting off a smile.

"Then say loudly, that I'm the most handsome man in the world," he said and I stared at him blankly. Once I realized he was being serious, I widened my eyes.

"Are you crazy? No, I won't say that" I said, shaking my head.

"You won't?" he pouted.

"No," I said.

"You won't?" he repeated, leaning forward. My eyes widened again when he reached over the table. Now he literally is on the table and people started to notice us.

"Fine, I'll say," I said, glaring at him.

"Logan is the most handsome man in the world" I yelled loudly, my glare only intensifying. The room turned silent and I could feel every eye on us, on me.

"That's my girl" he whispered and sat back in his chair, smiling proudly. I looked around the room and mouthed 'sorry'. Few people were smiling, other few shaking their heads. All my guards were smirking at us. Kill me now!

"I hate you" I mumbled, blushing furiously.

"Thank you, milady" Logan grinned. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You'll be sleeping on the couch today," I said and his eyes widened.

"You wouldn't do that," he said, fear in his eyes.

"Oh, I would."

"But I can always crawl back to you. Who can protest such a body?" He grinned, pointing a finger towards his body. I rolled my eyes at his confidence.

"Wait and watch babe" I smirked back.

Our food arrived and we ate happily, he trying to say some pickup lines and me laughing at his failure. Logan and pickup line is a complete NO.

"Do you have a map? I just got lost in your eyes" he said, trying to get a pickup line from Google on his phone.

"Oh Logan, stop" I laughed, clutching my stomach. I wiped my tears and took deep breaths to calm down. I knew he was just trying to make me forget about the morning events, but I really couldn't take it anymore. I was actually getting tired from laughing my ass off.

I froze as my eyes landed on a person. Logan tried some other pickup line, but as he got no response from me, he looked up from his phone.

"Baby, you okay?" he asked, turning around in his seat to look at the man I was staring.

"Who is he, Lia?" he asked, turning serious.

"Dave Fernandez Kingston, my dad's stepbrother" I gritted out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - Hey guys, how are you all? Did you like the chapter?

Comment and let us know your REVIEWS and SUGGESTIONS about the chapter or story in general.

With lots of love

-N & S (Middlebencherzz)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 61.2K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
44 0 22
Have you ever had a bad day, I mean a really bad day...maybe even a down period in your life. Well, this story is about the main character's trials a...
9.4K 166 74
"You don't want me..." I breathed, selfishly leaning into his touch. But I quickly pull away. "I'm different and so not your type," I muttered, looki...
186K 3.7K 17
𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 is 17 years old, who is from London, and is forced to move to Canada with her abusive father. She's been through so much...