Don't Look Back (One Directio...

By FoundLou

"Everyone should stay away from me. I bring nothing but danger." ~Violet Simmons. Violet's life had been noth... More

Don't Look Back- Description
-Chapter 1- Promotion
-Chapter 2- Leaving
-Chapter 3- Suite
-Chapter 4- Meeting
-Chapter 5- Coffee
-Chapter 6- Explanation
-Chapter 7- Fans
-Chapter 8- Kidnapped?
-Chapter 9- Hotel
-Chapter 10- Rain
-Chapter 11- Noah
-Chapter 13- Sick
-Chapter 14- Morning
-Chapter 15- Adventure (Part 1)
-Chapter 16- Adventure (Part 2)
-Chapter 17- Adventure (Part 3)

-Chapter 12- Broken

621 16 7
By FoundLou

WARNING! There will be some words that no human being should be called. Also, this is gonna be really depressing.

-Chapter 12- Broken

Liam's POV:

 "Thank you so much! Sorry if it was a bother getting all of these," Violet apologizes to the lady at the door who handed us the things.

"Oh no! Not a bother at all. Having a sleepover huh?" She tries to take a peek inside the room making Violet frown. She then blocks her view of the room and me.

"Yeah, thanks again!" She says again before shutting the door abruptly.

"Violet, wasn't that a bit rude?" I tell her, my eyes disapprove of her actions.

"Put those down and shush up," She orders. Before I could protest she interrupts. "Do. It. Now." I do as told and she searches through the sheets.

After a couple minutes she finally spoke again, lifting something closer to her face.

"I knew it... How did they sneak in?" She mumbles to herself, crushing whatever was in her palms. "You can talk now."

"What was it? What did you find?" I ask curiously.

"Mini microphones, a couple of them, pretty good quality. There was also some planted on the 'maid' along with a camera I think, not sure," she explains, walking back into the living room.

"Wha-How could you tell?"

"Tell what?" Louis questions.

"Cameras and microphones in the sheets and pillows," I say.

"I hope it didn't cost them much.." Violet murmurs to herself as she puts the remains in the trashcan.

"There someone was listening into our conversation?" Harry goes wide eyed along with the other lads.

"No. Only the one Liam and I had. Were you talking about something private?" She asks them and they nod. "Don't worry, you're safe. Now help me set your beds up."

"Um, we can do that for you, Louis and I," Harry offers. Violet looks at them for a second before nodding slowly.

Louis and Harry high-five each other before they grab the things and running off into the hallway.

"They're up to something aren't they?" Violet says.

"Definitely," Niall, Zayn, and I say simultaneously.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Violet's POV:

Currently, I'm sprawled across the couch. My head is on Niall's lap and my legs on Zayn with Louis on the floor next to me and Harry and Liam on both sides of him.

"This show is stupid, change the channel," Harry states.

"No! I love this part," Louis says making Harry groan.

 I glance up at Niall who is still on his phone.

"Hey Nialler, what are you doing?" I ask.

"Twitter," he answers without looking away from the iPhone screen. I sit up quickly.

"I almost forgot!" I yell as I jump off the couch, accidentally stepping on Louis' toe.

"OWCH!" He screeches.

"Sorry! I'll be right back!" I apologize as I run to the hallway and into the bedroom. Frantically, I search for the soaking pair of shorts I was wearing not so long ago. Once I found it, I rummage through the pockets, pulling out a wet piece of paper.

"There you are," I murmur, smiling to myself.

Who knew I could get so close to them in such a short amount of time? Stacy would be so happy, seeing me finally moving on. And to think, I thought these guys were with them. There's just something about them that... interests me?

Snapping out of my thoughts, I jog back into the living room.

"When I was outside handing out the coco, I got some Twitter names from some of the girls," I give Niall the paper.

"And why do you tell us this, hours after?" Louis asks, eyebrow raised.

"I guess I forgot.." I laugh, scratching the back of my head with my right hand.

They immediately went silent, staring at me. Awkwardly, I down my arm but before it touched my side, Harry snatched it, making me flinch.

"H-Harry. W-Wha-"

"Who did this?" He questioned, turning my arm around so you could see the pen marks.

"O-Oh! I almost forgot! These are the other names I got."

"Does it hurt?" Liam inspects it carefully.

"No! I've actually forgotten about it."

"You forgot about it? It's turning blue, Violet!" Louis snaps.

"I-"

"Violet, what's that on your other arm?" Niall points to my left wrist. My eyes bulge and I pull away from Liam and Harry's grasps.

"N-Nothing." How'd he notice them? I swear I put-I internally facepalm myself. I forgot to cover it up after I took a shower. How could I be so careless?!

"Violet, show us," Zayn cautiously takes a step forward.

"It's nothing! There's nothing-" before I could finish, Louis swoops in and grabs my left hand. I desperately tried to pull it back but he overpowered me.

"Violet... Why would you..." I zoned out as old memories flashed within my head.

Everything went dark and grandma showed up in front of me.

"Violet, I made some muffins! Your favorite!" She shouted happily, holding up a plate of muffins. I saw my nine year old self run up to her and attacked her with a hug.

"You're the best!" She grabbed one of the strawberry muffins and skipped away as if nothing was wrong.

"Would you like one?"She asked me. I backed away slowly making her frown. "It's delicious! Try one?" She walked closer and the more steps she took, the more bruises she got on her already fragile body.

"Don't come any closer... please..."

"And why not? Do you not like me?" Hurt formed on her face but she didn't stop.

"No! No! I could never! Just please, stop-" It was too late, she collapsed onto the ground, lifeless. Tears sprang into my eyes as I stared at her stiff body.

A piece of my heart breaks and is thrown onto the floor as if it was garbage.

My vision becomes dark and after a couple seconds, I could see again.

Father appeared before me, holding up a belt with mom in one arm.

No, no, please... not this again.

He moved away from mom and towards me. I stumbled backwards, falling on the floor.

Worthless

Trash

Slut

Bitch

Pain shot through several parts of my body where the belt connected. I saw my mother just staring, she's not moving, not helping, not yelling for him to stop... just... staring. A piece of my heart broke away from my chest and fell onto the floor next to me.

Again, I was met with darkness. Once I could see, the living room at our house in Minnesota appeared. I saw my 14 year old self sitting on top of the stairs leading to the room I was in, waiting patiently for my parents to come back home from partying for the third time that week.

Soon, they stumbled in, arms around each other for support. I can still smell the alcohol reeking from them.

"Heeey baabee, I have an ideeeea," he slurred, obviously not knowing my younger self was watching the scene intently.

"W-Whaat is iiitt?" He stood up as straight as a drunken man could.

"We should move somewhere faaaar away, somewhere niceee..."

"Yeah! Let me get the kids-"

"NO! Leave those brats here to starve! Just you and me," he pulled mother's arm who was about to go upstairs. I looked at myself and she looked horrified, scared, confused. It tore me up inside. I looked away. Mom went sober.

"Why? Can't I bring Vi-" Father slapped her.

"HOW COULD YOU EVEN THINK OF BRINGING... THAT DEMON?! You can't bring her but I guess the others can come as long as they keep their mouths shut."

Mother looked torn.

"We just can't leave her here alone."

"Suuuure we can! Her real father can save her since he thinks he's so great.." Mom looked away from him, biting her lip. "Come on... A new life, to redo things, relax.." Father lifted her chin, making her to look at him.

I glanced at myself again. A river of tears stained her small face. I couldn't stand it anymore. Pulling myself off of the floor, I stagger to my parents.

"DON'T LEAVE! BRING NATHAN AND JUSTIN WITH YOU! PLEASE!" I cried, as if I could prevent this from happening.

"I g-guess we can leave them.."

Another piece of my heart fell and crashed onto the floor. I froze in place.

Father grinned. "Good, now gather all the money you can and we're out of this hell hole!"

Another blackout. This time I'm at my old school. I see a 15 year old Violet on a swing, sobbing silently. A familiar face showed up behind her and spoke up.

How I missed that voice...

"Why are you crying Violet?"

She turns around, surprised.

"H-Hey... What are you doing here?" She sniffed.

"Are you ok?" He walks around the swing and stands in front of her. His caring brown eyes never left her violet ones. "Are you ok?" He asks again, calmly.

My younger self looks down at the sand below and teardrops lands on her lap.

"N-Nothing is ok. Everything is my fault," she says honestly. The boy lifts up her chin and pushes a strand of black hair out of her face and behind her ear.

"Shhh... Shhh. Don't say things like that. It's going to be alright," he coos.

That's her breaking point. Her lips quiver terribly as tears cascades down her cheeks. She jumps from the swing and hugs him tightly, putting her arms around his neck and her head rested on the crook of his neck. He held onto her and comforted her as she let out the bottled emotions.

Memories of him flashed before my eyes making my head hurt.

All the fun, happy, and sad memories replayed in my mind in a matter of seconds but there was still the one horrific moment that hadn't showed up yet.

"Why are you crying Violet?" A voice came from behind me. I touched my cheek and sure enough, it was wet. I whipped my head around and saw the same boy but much older.

"Oh my god... Cody! I've missed you so much!" I cried, running into his warm embrace. He smelt the same as always, sweet.

"You're soaking my shirt again Violet," he tsked at me making me laugh.

 "You haven't changed much," I spoke into his shirt, not wanting to let go.

"I didn't?" He gasped. I looked up to see what's wrong and he's all bloody and mangled. Screaming, I release him, letting his body fall onto the ground with a thump.

"No, no, no, NO!" Running over to his side, I knelt down and examine the wounds.

"Violet..." he whispered. The scene changes and we are now in a hospital and he's wrapped up in bandages.

"Y-Yes, I'm here," I say, clutching onto his hand.

"I-...I-..." A long beep interrupts his sentence.

Another piece crashes onto the floor.

"Please, spare me!" I turned to look at the person who that voice belonged to and now I'm on a roof in front of what looks like a business man on his knees.

I look behind me to see if the hospital is still there with him on the bed but instead it's replaced with two emotionless people, one man and one woman. They both look around my age, maybe a bit older.

"I know I've done wrong but I'll fix it!" He pleaded.

"Shut it! You're lucky we didn't torture you for information!" The man next to me spat.

"Go ahead Violet, do it now," the woman tells me calmly.

"Oh no... Please guys, don't mak-" a pistol appears magically in my hands.

"PLEASE! I'm begging you! I'll give you any amount of money!" He cries.

"Don't give in! Shoot him! After what he's done, kill him!" The man beside me growls.

"What did he do?" I ask. "Why am I here again?"

"I have a wife and children! They can't survive without me! Please!"

"You sicko," the guy at my side grabs the gun from my grasp and points it at the sobbing man's head. "Good luck in hell."

BOOM

Blood scatters all around. I look down and my pants are covered in them. The man lays on the ground, pale. His eyes are looking right at me as if he were still alive, pleading so be saved.

The rest of my heart falls out of my chest, landing in front of the body with the other pieces right next to it. My entire being becomes numb as I fall onto my knees, my eyes never leaving the shards on the floor.

"Violet"

Even without looking, I can identify the source of the voice.

The concrete is replaced with a white floor. I glance around and I notice I'm not on a roof anymore; I'm in an empty white room.

Am I in an insane asylum? Have I lost my mind?

"Violet," a voice echoes. In front of me is the one and only Carter. I stare at him blankly.

"She's gone, they've gone, he's gone, and the other you've just killed." He kneels down in front of me and my broken heart.

"I didn't kill him," I snarled.

"But you let him die. In the end isn't that the same thing?"

"I couldn't do anything! He was going to die no matter what I did!"

"Like how you couldn't stop your grandmother from getting killed? How about your parents leaving you, Justin, and Nathan behind? Or stopping that fatal-"

"Stop it," I glared at his cold blue orbs. He smirked at me. Suddenly, his eyes softened.

"You didn't take care of this very well I see," he refers to the red shards. Carter picks up one of the pieces and my chest becomes warmer. Picking up all the pieces, he covers them up so I can't see them anymore.

"What are you doing?" The numbness is fading away and I'm frightened. Instinctively, I reach for his hands where my heart is placed.

"Wait, wait. I'm almost done," he reassures me. Carter pulls his hand away and turns around so that his body obstructs my view.

"Cart-" Before I could finish, he turns back around with my heart fully patched up as if it's new.

"See! It's all fixed." Warmth fills my body completely, making me feel alive once again.

"I-I-" I blush under his stare.

"Look who is blushing! Do you have a crush on me?" He jokes, elbowing my side.

I turn away, giggling to myself. When I turn back, he's staring again. Silence fills the room.

Without hesitation, he leans in and kisses me softly. Closing my eyes, I savor the taste of his lips and kiss back. My stomach explodes with butterflies while fireworks are set off all around my body. Abruptly, Carter pulls away, leaving a tingling feeling behind.

Opening my eyes, he has become serious.

"Did you enjoy that? It seems so since your heart is beating pretty rapidly."

He holds out the hand where my heart is safely placed. As he told me, it's pumping very fast. Carter frowns and squeezes it slightly. I flinch at the pain suddenly coming from my chest.

"Stop moving you piece of shit!" He shouts at it.

My body is no longer filled with happiness and joy; it's now empty of all emotions. The heart doesn't stop, no, it went faster.

"Not listening to me, eh?" Carter squishes it harder. Pain fills my body.

"STOP IT! DON'T BREAK IT! PLEASE!" I plead.

"Why would I? It's not obeying me so it should be punished," he grips it tighter.

"STOP! PLEASE!"

"VIOLET!" A voice shouts.

The scene disappears and now I'm back at the hotel room. Harry is shaking my shoulders.

"W-what happened?" I mumble and Harry lets go of me.

"You tell us. All the sudden you started trembling and muttering words rapidly. We couldn't understand a thing you were saying!" Louis yells, throwing is arms up in the air.

I lift up my hands closer to my face and sure enough, they were shaking.

"J-Just ba-bad memories I g-guess," I stuttered, trying hard to stay calm. They all look at me with soft looks.

"Awww.... Violet! You're ok! We're here!" Niall walks over and hugs me. I close my eyes, allowing myself to melt in his arms.

"Thanks Niall."

"GROUP HUG!" Louis shouts. Everyone else joins and I fill with warmth from both body and my messed up heart.

These boys are the sweetest...

Glancing at the clock on the wall it read '12:45'.

Once everyone pulls away I yawn.

"It's getting late.. I'm going to bed," I announce to the others.

"Yeah, we should too," Harry smiles at me. After I return the smile and say good-bye, I walk to the bedroom with the boys on my heels.

"Why are you all following me?" I ask as I open the door.

"That's why," Louis points to the inside of the room.

"What are you-" Turning my head to see what he is talking about, I see a mattress in the middle of the room with sheets and pillows all around it. Stepping inside the room I see the frame where the bed was resting on was tucked neatly in the corner. "Why?" Is all I say in response.

"You said no one could share a bed with you. You never said we couldn't sleep next to your bed nor did you mention moving your bed onto the floor," Louis smirks at my reaction.

"You guys..." I laugh. "I guess I'm going to bed now," I shake my head as I walk over to where the queen-sized mattress was and plopped myself onto it. The others ran over and jumped onto their makeshift beds that surround me.

"Owww!" They groaned, making me laugh again.

This is going to be an interesting night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After we talked for about 45 minutes, they all decided to hit the sack and it took them about 10 more minutes for all of them to doze off.

I lay on my back, thinking.

Who was that fake maid? She didn't seem like paparazzi, I don't think they would go that far... Would they?

My mind racks through all the possible reasons why there were the microphones planted here. One sticks through all the others.

Is she with-

Someone's loud snore interrupted my thoughts. I turn to the clock.

1:42. It's late.. I should go to sleep or should I call him? I guess the latter, to ease my mind.

I sit up and tiptoe to the door, careful not to wake or step on them.  Once I close the door, I walk towards the living room and pick up the phone on the table behind the couch. Dialing the number I know too well, it rings.

"Heeelllooo? M here!" I hear a girly voice announce, making me roll my eyes.

"It's me. No need for the girly act Mickey," I giggle, leaning on the table with one arm.

"Oh! Hey Violet!" Mickey greets in his normal voice.

Author's note: Sooooooooo whatda think? Who is this Micky character? I gave you MAJOR hints on Violet's past but there are still things up my sleeve. ;) Pretty depressing chapter... Next will be better! I promise! :)

OMG! 2,300+ READS! OMG! WHHAAAAAAAAAAAT? Ahaha. Fangirling over. Thank YOU so much! :)

ANNOUNCEMENT!: I'm going to have a collab story with FallingxForxLou and it will be posted on my account on WENESDAY! I'm so excited! :)

Violet+????= <----- Any shippers yet? :D

DEDICATION: Like I said, I'm going to write a story together with her! Also, read her stories! Broken is the reason why we met! :)

Picture: My current desktop background... LOVE IT! <3

Video: BEST. COMMERCIAL, EVER! 

Copyright © pinkginger 2012-2013

Um. Hai again! I just wanna thank everyone ONCE AGAIN for reading. I'm absolutely over the moon knowing people like my writing! I love youuu. :) 

GOAL: Tougher this time... OOOOO ;) 8 votes and 5 comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 1.7K 24
Sometimes our lives change when we least expect them to. We meet our best friends in when we're unprepared to make friends. Our lives change so drast...
455K 8.8K 32
When Niall, Zayn, Harry, Louis and Liam we're all little, they had an angel protecting them. The same angel. She watched over them, trying to protect...
12.1K 449 31
“What the hell are you doing?” I spat at Zayn. He just pulled away from her to look at me. “Get your hands away from my sister.” “Harry I’m so so...
7K 67 18
This is the second book of my story "Three Little Words". In this story, Tiffany and Liam's cousin Candace will be living in the house with the other...