Fake love ✔

Oleh laix_x

[completed] Morgan Rivero is the leader of the most powerful mafia in the country. Romeo Mazzaro, also known... Lebih Banyak

authors note
intro
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
Alternative ending
Bonus chapter 1
Bonus chapter 2

XII

4.5K 98 16
Oleh laix_x

Chapter twelve

•Morgan•

Romeo and I decided that we would go laser tag first, then go karting, and paintballing last because it hurts the most.

I hear the noise, indicating that the game of laser tag has just started. I'm on the blue team, whereas Romeo is on the yellow team. "Hey! We're on the same team", a young girl whines after I shoot her. I quickly hide behind a barrel, hoping no one sees me.

"Hey", someone says behind me, causing me to scream, jumping up. "Got you", I hear the noise, indicating that I'm out. My jaw drops for a second, before Romeo closes it with two fingers. "You'll catch flies", he winks before running off somewhere to finish the game.

"You'll catch flies", I mimic him, walking over to the side.

Once the session finishes, Romeo walks over to me with a stupid grin on his face. "So, do you still think you can beat me, or do we have to go play something else now?" He asks.

"You're so annoying", I groan. "Let's go go karting", I pick up my drink and walk out to the car.

The drive isn't too far; it only takes around ten minutes until we reach the track. Romeo tells me to go sit down while he pays, despite my many objections. "Come on, we need to wear those racing suits", I follow him to a room to pick our sizes.

"Okay, welcome guys. Here we have small, medium and large suits, then you pick your gloves and then helmet", the worker tells us, pointing to each section. He looks quite young, maybe a few years younger than Romeo. "It looks like it's just you two here right now. If you want to wait for more people, there's a group coming in about an hour, or it can just be you two?"

"No, it's fine, it can just be us two", the boy looked scared at Romeos words for a second, before composing himself and nodding, walking out of the room.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot he's a mafia boss.

Shit.

"You ready?"

"Huh? Oh yeah", I go the small section, taking a suit from there and putting it over my clothes, as Romeo goes to the medium section. He's not too tall, more like the average height, around 5"11/6"0, I don't know. I hear him laugh across the room at me, I narrow my eyes at him before looking down at myself. The suit was way too big, almost swallowing me whole.

"You look—", I don't let him finish his sentence, taking the suit off and flipping him the bird. After his laughter dies down, the worker comes back in, asking if we need more time.

"Is there anything smaller than small?" I ask, causing Romeo to burst out laughing again.

"I can get you a kids large?" I nod, waiting for him to bring it in.

"It's not that funny", I mumble.

"I mean, it kinda is. You're, like, 22, and you need a kids size", he says, teasingly.

"Shut up", I groan as the boy walks back in, holding a suit.

"Here you go. Once you're done, you guys can go into that room", he points to a door. "And there'll be a safety video", he lets us know before leaving again.

"Hopefully this one fits", Romeo smirks, folding his arms across his chest. The suits are different colours, Romeo has green, blue and black, whereas I have black and red. We both pick helmets and gloves, making sure they fit properly. "Okay, let's go", he says, excitedly.

"Hey guys, take a seat and watch this short safety video", the lady says in a bored tone.

After the video finishes, Romeo and I go outside to the track. A group of kids run inside as we walk out there, just as they finish their session.

"Hi guys, take a seat in any kart you want", Romeo and I both take a seat in the two at the front. "Now, I know you guys probably don't need to hear this but I have to go through the rules. Long hair must be tied up; no loose items of clothing; when riding, your seatbelt must be fastened; hands and feet inside the kart at all times. If you need a break or the flag is waved, pull into here to make a pit stop", he indicates to where we should pull into. "And, that's pretty much it. Make sure your helmets are on and you can go on the green light".

Once the green light shows, I speed around the corner, going as fast as I can. Almost half way around the track, I don't see Romeo pass me however, as I slow down to turn, he speeds past me, zooming down the track. Let's just say, I don't have a chance.

I press my foot down as much as I can until I'm just behind Romeo, moving to the left to try and get around him however, he somehow notices and moves in front of me. I groan, moving to the right however, he moves as well. Idiot.

✯✯✯✯

"You could've at least let me win", I pout, sipping on my milkshake.

"Where's the fun in that? You'd just rub it in my face", he teases.

"Well yeah", I drawl. "But it's better than you rubbing it in my face", I mumble, he chuckles.

"Come on, we still have one more place to go; the day's not over yet", he stands up from the booth in the small diner we went to, walking out to his car. I throw my empty milkshake cup in the bin before jumping in the passenger seat.

The ride, again, was not too long; we listened to music and fought over who got to choose the music. Romeo won, his main argument being 'it's my phone' or 'it's my car'.

I'm sitting with a group of people I don't know, while I'm waiting for Romeo come back from the bathroom. "Is that your boyfriend?" A blonde girl asks from beside me.

"Oh um, n—no", I chuckle, nervously.

"So.. you're not on a date?"

"Nope", I shake my head. She nods slowly, looking away then back up to me, holding her hand out.

"I'm Adalynn, but you can call me Addy for short", I shake her hand.

"Morgan".

"I'm back", I hear Romeos voice as he takes a seat next to me.

"You took forever", I whine.

"Raf called, Brooklyn said she misses you", he runs a hand through his hair.

"We should go to the fair with her tomorrow", I pause. "Oh, this is Adalynn. Addy, this is Romeo", I introduce them.

"I know who he is", Addy says. "I think everyone knows who he is", I feign confusion.

"Huh?" Before Romeo can say anything, the buzzer-thing goes off, indicating that we can start the game. Everyone hides until the countdown.

3

2

1

Go!

I hear the paintball guns being fired however, I stay down. I look over the wall I'm hiding behind and see a bunch of people shooting at one another. I shoot a few of them however, I can't see Romeo anywhere—"Ow!" Never mind.

"Ha, got you", he smirks, I shoot him a few times in the chest of the camo uniform we have to wear. "Ow", he whines. I smile quickly, before my face returns back to the scowl. He narrows his eyes at me before mentally telling me something.

Run.

Shit.

I run as fast as I can, bumping into a few people on the way. I find a small, broken down building and decide to hide in there. "Ah!" I scream. Romeo chuckles, shooting me, I shoot him back before running away, again.

It continued like this for the rest of the game, until the session ended. I stand in the full length mirror in the dressing room. I don't see why they need dressing rooms because the suit goes on over your clothes, just like with go karting. "I think it's safe to say that I won", Romeo whispers in my ear, standing behind me. He only has a few spots of paint, whereas I have a lot more.

"Yeah yeah, whatever", I roll my eyes, unzipping the uncomfortable uniform and slipping it off, returning back to my original clothes. I wait as Romeo does the same so we can finally go back to his house.

✯✯✯✯

"I'm so tired", I whine, flopping on the couch. I sit up, making room for Romeo as he takes a seat beside me. "Thanks for taking me out today. I had fun", I smile, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"No problem. It was fun for me too", he grabs the remote, turning the TV on. "You know, watching you loose every game", he chuckles, I lightly hit his chest.

"Wait!" I shoot up from my place on the couch. "Do you have playing cards?"

"Probably somewhere", he looks around. "I'm not sure".

"It's fine, I take a packet everywhere I go", I go into my room, taking my packet of cards out of my bag before going back to the living room. "Do you know how to play black jack?"

"Course I do", we each take a seat on the floor, opposite sides of the coffee table.

"This might just be the game where I win", I start shuffling the cards, then start dealing.

"Hm, I don't think so", he raises an eyebrow. "I'm pretty good at this game".

"Well, so am I", I say as I've finished dealing. I pick up my cards, rearranging them so they're in order from lowest to highest. I pick the top card from the deck, placing it on the table. 8 of diamonds. "Heh, you miss a turn so it's my turn", I put down a 3 of diamonds, a 3 of hearts and a 2 of hearts, only for him to put down a 2 of clubs. "You're so annoying", I groan, picking up four cards from the deck. I see him holding in his laugh so I flip him the bird, causing him to burst out laughing.

The game continues smoothly, until Romeo puts down a jack of clubs and I put down a jack of spades after him. "Last card".

"Fuck off", I chuckle at him.

"Go on", he grumbles something under his breath before picking up ten cards from the deck. I put down a 4 of spades while Romeo is still trying to sort out his cards. "I win", I chirp.

"What?" His head shoots up. "You really made me pick up ten fucking cards when you were going to win anyway?"

"Yep", I pick up all of our cards, shuffling them.

"I want a rematch", he grumbles.

We play one more game, which I win, much to Romeos dismay. "So today, we've come to the conclusion that the only games I can play are card games", I lean my head on his shoulder as we sit on the couch, watching some sort of documentary that was on.

"Pretty much", he snickers, softly. I lift my head to look up at him as he looks down at me, his eyes flickering to my lips. He leans in slowly, our faces inches away from each other—so close that I can feel his warm breath on my lips—before I make the stupid mistake of turning away. "Uhm s—sorry. It's getting late, I'm gonna—I'm gonna go to bed", I get up, walking to my room.

"You're so fucking stupid", I whisper to myself, pacing my room. "That was your chance to get out of here", I pause.

Maybe I don't want to.

I was so angry writing this omg. hehe

updated authors note:
ive just been reading tbbattb and im so tired—as per usual.
:)) anyway, hope you liked this chapter <3

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

4.4M 116K 78
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 16th OCT 2020 Finished: 14th FEB 2021 EDITING! Finally out of the orphanage, Arabella needs to find a job with a good pay tha...
622K 11.8K 51
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 1 of 3! ~~~ "Down on your knees." He lets go of my hair and pushes my shoulders down roughly, before unbuttoning and sh...
865K 32.8K 67
"Nobody is allowed between these pretty little thighs but me....and if anyone tries...𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦." ~ The leader of the most notorious...
290K 7.2K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...