3. Blooddebt | βœ“

By chrltt-t

❝𝒏𝒐𝒏 π’•π’Šπ’Žπ’†π’ƒπ’ π’Žπ’‚π’π’‚.❞ (i will fear no evil) ━━━━━━━━━━ π’ƒπ’π’π’Œ 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’‚π’Žπ’ƒπ’†π’“οΏ½... More

Author's Note
Character Showcase
Kingdoms Showcase
1. Cursed Nightmare
2. Remember To Tell
3. Mint and Sandalwood
4. Fates Will Find A Way
5. The Only Way
6. Weaved Memories
7. Immensely Cruel
9. Please Don't Let Go
10. No More Goodbyes
11. Home Again
12. Lavish Banquet
13. Gifted Light
14. Family of All Kinds
15. Favourite Everything
16. The Promise Tree
17. Vow of Forever
18. Wedding Night
19. There For Her
20. Familial Love
21. Trapped
22. Fragmented Past
23. An Unexpected Turn
24. His Promise
25. Mt. Lusian
26. White Wolves
27. Gift of Manipulation
28. Love and Betrayal
29. Love and Tragedy
30. Causal Consequences
31. Regency Act
32. Play of Fate
33. Maligned Stars
34. Darkest Winter | I
35. Darkest Winter | II
36. Darkest Winter | III
37. Darkest Winter | IV
38. Darkest Winter | V
39. Restful Freedom
40. Forgiveness
41. Gift of Spirit
42. A True Family
42.5. Worthy of Love
42.6. Thread of Fate
42.7. Sound of Love
Final Author's Note

8. Definitions of Love

5.8K 374 141
By chrltt-t

 "amor animi arbitrio sumitur, non ponitur."
(we choose to love, we do not choose to cease loving)   

Rivia: Ajayib, Town of Central Rivia, Elianna's Residence

Elianna

Rowan settled her on the ledge of the bath and brought his lips to her, kissing her slowly and gently in a savouring manner. It was almost impossible for her to handle the bittersweet taste of his lips with all the emotions threatening to split at the seams. The way his fingertips brushed across all the scars she had known on her body — the knife scars on her wrists after new moons, the mark of resurrection on her chest that Mother left, the dagger scar below her ribs in exchange of the love of her life and all the striae on her abdomen that remained after bearing their beautiful child — and the way he carefully kissed over each of them, made her forget about the probable unlovely appearance of each. Instead, she felt brave and beautiful. 

His hands, together with his lips, scorched a trail of fire as he made a path down her body reverently. Even when she couldn't see, she knew exactly where he was heading and when he parted her legs and his hands slid up between her thighs, she had wanted to clamp her legs together. However, her whole body piqued and she also wanted nothing more than to melt into him with all the burning passion and tension that blazed within her. He asked with his warm breath searing the patch of skin below her navel, "Do you want me to stop?" 

It's been a long while since she experienced any intimacy and she felt embarrassed to the point of wanting to vanish but she didn't want him to stop. Almost breathless, she wiggled a little in his hold as she admitted softly, "I don't want you to stop, Rowan. But I'm nervous, I hadn't—"

"I know," he breathed quietly. "I know, love. I'm equally flustered." 

He stood and the sound of water splashing against his body caused her heart to skitter as she felt him close to her. Then, he took her hand and placed it right above his chest. Even without magic, she could feel the quickened pace of his heart as it drummed firmly beneath. 

Knowing that his emotions mirrored hers had brought a lot of comfort to her but also guilt. Despite all the anxiousness, he continued to approach her while all she did was hide. How foolish of me. She reprimanded herself mentally before her hand reached to fold around his neck and brought her lips to his. 

Five years later, her kisses were still clumsy as ever and she had even accidentally knocked her teeth against his, but she made no attempts to pull back. All because she had wanted him to know that she waited for him for a long time to be this close to him again. She waited for forever and she refused to wait for any second longer. 

"Elianna," Rowan groaned into their kiss huskily.

Their hands tangled as they touched, not wanting to miss any lines and curves on each other's body. Heat rose headily between them, with every movement, every shared breath and every moan pulling them closer to each other. 

His strong arm hauled her into the bath waters again and supporting her firmly on her waist. Turning her around, he pressed his front close to her back and bent her forward. Her hands reached out to plant on the wet tiles of the ledge ahead of her and she gasped when she felt him thick against her bottom. 

Behind her, he gathered her hair in his hand and tugged gently to turn her head slightly to him. He claimed her lips fervently, delving deep while demandingly scattering all her thoughts other than him. When he pulled back for her to catch her breath, he gave a rough exhale, "Think of me, love. Please think only of me." 

"Rowan," she panted and she could hear her own heart pounding in her ears. She was almost choking on air when she strained, "I think of you all the time. Only you." 

His hands roamed up and cupped her front, mercilessly teasing the hardened tips between his fingers. Her hands were slowly losing strength but she knew that Rowan wouldn't let her fall. And he didn't. His arm crossed her front to hug her towards him as he lifted her up onto the tip of her toes while guiding himself into her from behind. The fullness of him inside of her caused his name to roll off her tongue in a harsh whisper and when he moved, she could feel lightning in her veins. Each sensation he stirred within her was almost too much for her to handle. 

His breath was hot against her neck and he spoke nothing except for whispered endearments that continued to remind her of how precious she is to him. They both moved together in perfect synchronicity — in a flawless dance with the choreography only known to them. He turned her around and lowered her back gently against the tiles on the floor as he moved on top of her and in her, with droplets of water dripped on her body from the wet mess that both of them had become. 

The buildup tightened in her lower abdomen and every bit of her being was on the edge of igniting when he picked up the pace, going hard and fast until he pushed the both of them right over the edge while he kissed her to muffle her cry. 

His body rested above hers, holding her close to him and he murmured into her ear, "Do you understand how much I missed you?" 

She woke up the next day with him snoring softly beside her and her heart felt wordlessly relieved to be reminded of the reality of everything that had happened. He's still here with her, warm and breathing. 

Feeling for his hand, she slipped her fingers between his and held it tight. A satisfied smile lifted on her face and she relished in the warmth of his palm against hers. The next moment, she felt his fingers closed in and wrapped firmly around hers as he brought their joined hands close to his lips. Kissing on the back of her hand he chuckled, "Why are you up so early, love?" 

"I'm well-rested," she giggled softly at the ticklish feeling of his breath on the back of her hand. 

"Looks like I didn't tire you enough," he teased. "Should I be redeeming myself, amor meus
(Translate: my love.) 

"Goodness gracious, Rowan, you—" Heat warmed her cheeks as her other arm flailed frantically, unsure whether to cover his lips or hide her own face. 

Laughing louder, Rowan leaned close to her and gave her a light peck on her lips. He dropped back down on the bed and greeted her cheekily, "Good morning, Eli." 

They took their time to get off the bed and the delay was mainly due to Rowan not wanting to let go of her as he teasingly rained her with kisses until he was satisfied with the amount of love he had showered her. 

When both of them arrived at the dining hall, everyone was already there and busy setting up the table to be in time for breakfast. Rowan settled her down in her seat before taking his own beside hers. 

"That's Arell's seat," the child mentioned unhappily to Rowan. 

"Where should I move to?" Rowan asked politely, his tone soft towards Arell. 

"Arell will let you sit there today," the child spoke, expressing his temper as he stomped over to the other seat beside her. Elianna wasn't sure if she wanted to laugh or sigh because Arell was being too adorable but she knew better than to make fun of her son. 

"And now you're sitting on mine," Thunder tutted. "Move it, little one. I haven't said you could sit there." 

"Mother," her son whimpered pitifully, holding onto her arm almost pleadingly. 

"Stop it, Thunder," she laughed in a lighthearted manner. "Don't fight with my son." 

"He may be your son, but don't forget who raised you, Eli," Thunder feigned seriousness and she saw through him immediately. She knew that Thunder was simply teasing Arell and she also knew that Thunder actually adored the boy too much to even fight with him over something this minor. 

The morning went by pleasantly. Even on this very simple day when everyone gathered for their usual meal, Elianna understood the definitions of love clearer than any other day. 

She felt Rowan's affection and care as he helped to serve her breakfast and fill her tea. She noticed Kiran's thoughtfulness in the way she prepared the meal to everyone's liking. There's also Jana's characteristic chattiness that had uplifted everyone's spirits. Even Thunder's usual prickly behaviour towards Arell had brought a smile to her face because he squabbles with the child but always remembering to place an extra serving of ham on his plate. And nothing warmed her heart more than her son's constant reaching over to pass Rowan several dishes despite still throwing a temper whenever Rowan thanked him. 

Sitting right in the middle of this dining hall, she could only say that she's happy, so happy to live within the love and comfort of all the people that had fatefully become her family. 

a/n: i'm so happy right now. after so long, rowan is still so playful when it comes to elianna. *giggles* and honestly, arell and thunder have my heart. they're just too cute together. 

please vote and comment if you're enjoying the read!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

803 118 8
In a realm of fate and fae, Orion has always been destined for greatness. But as the "hero" embarks on his final quest, destiny takes an unexpected t...
28.6K 580 31
Attheia the only princess and the last person remaining with pure De Alger Obelia royal bloodline. Was someone who everyone despised. Having killed h...
725 90 13
Lives are intertwined, Hearts are broken, Pasts are haunted and vows are made. But when the intertwined lives meet will they let each other go? When...
2.5K 195 43
Book 1 A Legend Of Blood And Love - An abandoned frail boy left to die in the forest of Jørrghimmyer was found by the Kæl prince Siftrethârn who carr...