What!? I'm a Healing Dragon!?

By AwayAnimal81

A man on his way to work saw a strange brand of energy drink in a convenience store. There was only one bottl... More

Prologue.
Chapter 1: A Hard Choice, Help Me!
Chapter 2: I Have Surpassed Expectations!
Chapter 3: I Am Free!
Chapter 4: Brewing Trouble, Will We Survive?
Chapter 5: Dad Is In Danger, Let's Heal Him!
Chapter 6: Dragon Spotted!
Chapter 7: The Decent of The "Protagonist"?
Chapter 8: It's Not Just Me Who Knows.
Chapter 9: Scary Thoughts, Scary Sisters.
Chapter 10: You're Out of Luck, Lux!
Chapter 11: Expected Consequences.
Chapter 12: A Change For The Better?
Chapter 13: The Prodigy Healer.
Chapter 14: Who Was That?
Chapter 15: A Childhood Promise.
Chapter 16: Never Enough Time.
Chapter 17: Innocence And The Corrupted.
Chapter 18: Flight School.
Chapter 19: Little Miss Perfect.
Chapter 20: Touch Touch.
Chapter 22: Tea Time Restoration.
Chapter 23: Fight For Freedom.
Chapter 24: The Peeping Jane.
Chapter 25: Stamp of Approval.
Chapter 26: Surprise!
Chapter 27: Easy Come, Easy Go.
Chapter 28: What Will it Be?
Chapter 29: Welcome to the Family.
Chapter 30: The Dreaded Day.
Chapter 31: Breathtaking Battle of Bulls
Chapter 32: A Meeting And A Farewell.
Chapter 33: The Beginnings of War.
Chapter 34: Playing The Fool.
Chapter 35: Mind Games.
Chapter 36: Bandit Scuffles.
Chapter 37: A Quick Visit to The Emperor.
Chapter 38: Suspicions.
Chapter 39: Take Lives to Save Lives
Chapter 40: A Zealot Dragon.
Chapter 41: What Do You Believe In?
Chapter 42: Instincts.
Chapter 43: Mission.
Chapter 44: I'm Getting..?
Chapter 45: Deductions and Destruction.
Chapter 46: Yuri's First Steps in Lionprairie.

Chapter 21: Unreasonable Rage.

7.7K 361 79
By AwayAnimal81

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the next chapter, I hope you enjoy.

Check for grammar mistakes for me, okay?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The beautiful woman that I followed to the Adventurer's Guild turned out to be a S-Class adventurer. When she announced herself and her arrival, the smile I had disappeared.

A powerful person such as her was so close to home. This is bad. She is very bad news.

"Isis, you said that you wanted to get tested for your attributes?"

Ignoring her fans and the clamor of the Guild, she turned her body to me and made sure of my previous words.

"...Yes." A bit hesitant because I was questioning myself on how to move forward from now on under her watch, I answered her.

"Well first, let's get you registered."

With her usual smile that has suddenly become creepy to me, she gently took my hand and carried me over to the receptionist's counter.

"I'll be this lady's sponsor, please register her." Ragan pointed to me

"...Y-yes, right away!"

A bit distracted looking at the both of us, the receptionist scuttled along into a backroom behind the counter.

"What's this "sponsor" and why are you sponsoring me?" I asked Ragan this question. It seemed like it was way too much trouble. The people in the building were getting even louder once they heard that I was being sponsored by a S-Class themselves in person.

"A sponsor is just a person who helps newbie adventurers with beginner equipment and daily necessities until they are able to support themselves." Explaining, Ragan bent her legs to match her height with mine. "I'm sponsoring you because I sense a great potential within you. And also..."

Ragan looked over my body from head to toe. There was no lustful gaze, but a serious analytical one.

"In all my years of travelling this world, I've never seen a person like you." Ragan spoke slowly when she got to the end, tilting her head.

"What are you, Isis?"

Getting close to my face, she hurled that question. Her red eyes that went along with the color of her hair seemed to glow in the sunlight lit room of the Adventurer's Guild as they gazed into mine.

"Your exam is ready, please follow me to the testing area!" The receptionist lady finally finished her preparations for registry.

"Great! Go along now, Isis! I'm sure great results await you!"

As if it was nothing, Ragan's serious atmosphere dissipated into thin air as she stood up and cheered for me, clapping her hands.

Walking past her with a sidelong glance, I caught up to the receptionist and followed her into a detached area of the Guild building.

When I looked back at Ragan, I saw the smile of a person who had gotten a new toy to play with.

"Dangerous in more ways than one, I suppose."

Putting it past me now that I didn't have to deal with her for the moment, I found myself in a gymnasium like place about the same size.

In the center of that, there was a crystal ball on a pedestal that sat in the center of the room.

With a clack of her heels, the receptionist pointed her arm towards the ball like a show attendant showing off an item.

"In case you didn't know, this is the Solomon Core. It's a crystal ball that is able to absorb mana and even differentiate the mana it absorbs between it's finest details. This fact is exploited so that one can learn what attributes are available to them. Please, touch the ball and send your mana through it."

Explaining and directing me, the receptionist guided me to the ball.

"Since I have a great amount of experience with these, I will act as the differentiator to tell you the results of your test."

"Okay."

I put my hands on the ball and expelled my mana.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much.

The Solomon Core lit up with a bright, blinding white light when I expelled mana through it.

"Amazing! You have such a incredible talent in healing magic, more than I have ever seen before!" the receptionist exclaimed excitedly while we were both blinded by the light.

The light calmed down a few seconds later and began flashing many different colors and ending with a black void before the Core changed back to it's original clear color. They were no where near as bright as the first one.

"This is also amazing! Despite there being close to nothing of it, you have an affinity to all attributes! Even Darkness!"

"Eh?"

What the hell? I have an affinity to more magic than just my healing?

"D-d-do you know a basic spell of the lowest level for wind magic?"

Stuttering while trying to contain my excitement and curiosity, I grabbed the receptionist lady by her shoulders and shook her back and forth.

"W-well," The receptionist spoke as the fixed the glasses on her face after I was done shaking her. "you pray to the spirits of the elements in the form of a chant and say the name of the spell. The talent and level of your affinity defining how powerful it is and it's mana consumption rate."

"What the name!?" My question came out a bit too loud.

"Breeze?" Confused by my question, the receptionist answered like she was guessing the answer to a problem.

"Alright!"

Pumping my fist in the air, I opened it like I was reaching into the sky.

"Spirit of the wind, answer my call!" I shouted into the ceiling of the empty, large room that I was in, "Use your power to send us the feeling of your generosity, Breeze!"

After I finished the chant that was rather embarrassing to say outloud that I thought of on the spot, I was stuck in the pose I was making while I casted it.

There was nothing.

"..."

Awkward silence took over.

Once the realization struck me that nothing happened, I collapsed onto my hands and feet, the feeling of despair shaking my arms that supported me.

"Damn it!"

Pounding my fist into the wooden floorboards that didn't do anything, they shattered into pieces and splinters as I hoisted my trembling body onto my feet, swaying side to side as I shambled towards the innocent receptionist who was slowly backing away from me.

"Is there something you need from me?" The receptionist fearfully asked the walking ball of danger that was my anger that kept getting closer to her. The receptionist brown eyes and hair shook, her arms tightening on the clipboard she was holding.

My right hand twitched and as if it had a mind of it's own, slapped me across the face.

"That's enough, me." I spoke to myself.

Huh?

The rage I felt at my failure to cast magic suddenly dissipated. Was I about to kill the receptionist?

I looked over at the person in question. They were slumped down in between their legs in fear. There was a damp area on her clothes.

What was this? Why was I so unreasonably angry over such a small thing?

"Hey, are you alright? I'm sorry for making you piss yourself."

I reached out to heal her, only for her to shake off my hand.

"Please leave me alone..." The receptionist demanded, huddling herself together.

I could feel the rage that I never knew existed rekindle inside me at her demand.

I put my hands against my forehead as I attempted to control myself that so desperately wanted to kill this woman.

'My lady, please get a hold of yourself.'

Priest's soul suddenly reached out to my own and transferred his feelings to mine.

Sanity coming back into my eyes, I sounded out a gasp of air. I can't stay here any longer. I came for what I needed anyway.

Turning on my heels, I ran out of the testing building back into the Guild one, running past all the people in there as I held onto my forehead that kept hurting.

Ragan watched me run out while taking a swig of her cup of beer, a small, singular giggle escaping her. She made no move to go after me.

Once I escaped from the Guild hall, I flew into the sky, away from the city.

What's wrong with me?

...

Putting her mug down, Ragan stood up and made her way to the testing area, blocking out the sounds of the men heckling that Isis failed her test and was running away.

They were not experienced people, but Ragan could feel it. Something happened in there.

She felt the murderous intent of a beast coming from the direction of the testing area.

She opened the door that let her inside the building, immediately noticing the sobbing receptionist and a huge displacement of floorboards that were destroyed by a great force.

Analyzing the cause, it was something hitting the floor, sending a shockwave out, destroying nearby boards and damaging the ones further away.

"At least the Solomon Core is left intact."

Rubbing the Core, she let it go and walked over to the receptionist.

Without asking if she was alright, Ragan snatched the clipboard that was in the receptionist's hands and looked into the results of the aptitude test.

"Amazing healing abilities with mediocre talent in all other elements."

She tossed the clipboard away and crouched down on her feet. She tapped the crying receptionist on the shoulder, the smell of piss hitting her nose.

"Hey, are you alright?" Ragan asked, ignoring the smell.

Looking up from her fetal sitting position, the receptionist meekly said she was.

"What happened?"

The receptionist went on to tell Ragan that Isis, when she learned of her aptitudes, tried to cast the spell "Breeze". With no apparent success, she suddenly went into a silent rage and looked like she was about to kill her.

What she found most scary were her eyes. The eyes of a person who was controlled by pure anger.

"So that's what I felt." Ragan said to herself as she stood up.

Looking at all the evidence around her and what she had seen of Isis, Ragan had drawn up a conclusion.

"She has the power of a dragon in her."

Ragan voiced her conclusion out, licking her lips as she trembled in excitement at the thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...