the library | meanie

By caringjimin

the library; for wonwoo who wants to read and for mingyu who wants to stare at him. lowercase intended. More

00
00.1 - the library's playlist
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34.9: trigger warning
35

34

1.7K 60 1
By caringjimin

"hey, here,"

soonyoung was reaching mingyu a beer, making him look him up and down in confusion. they had settled themselves with a campfire place at the beach.

"i have to drive back to seoul, soonyoung,"

soonyoung gave a smile before he started to move his hand, hinting that he should take the beer. both wonwoo and seokmin looked at the two.

"i can drive," soonyoung said, which made wonwoo utter a "what". soonyoung then turned his head to wonwoo. "i have to practice how to drive outside the city anyway, i thought mingyu would rather be enjoying this than just waiting for us to get drunk and drive us home,"

wonwoo looked his friend up and down. "and you would rather be that person instead?"

soonyoung nodded enthusiastically. "you know me, i'm full of fun even without alcohol!" wonwoo just rolled his eyes, while taking a sip of his beer.

he turned his head to mingyu again. "if that's okay with your father? that another person is driving his car, and not his son?"

mingyu nodded slightly before he looked at wonwoo, and he seemed to think of something by the look of his expression.

"then it's all okay, as long as one of you is not that drunk to accommodate me on the way home," he said chuckled and again made the motion with his hand hinting mingyu should take the beer, which he took this time.

"it's weird that we went to the same high school, cause i kind of don't remember seeing you around,"

soonyoung suddenly uttered these words waving his hand towards seokmin and mingyu as they started talking about the teachers they had at high school. wonwoo, mingyu and seokmin laughed in unison. they all had shared the same p.e teacher it seemed like.

they were drinking and eating, and enjoying themselves at the beach.

suddenly mingyu looked at wonwoo, noticing he didn't talk that much, seeming like he was really immersed in his thoughts. he nudged him in the side, which made wonwoo look at him.

"are you okay?" mingyu asked. wonwoo looked at him for a quick second, before he did a motion with his fingers.

"come here," wonwoo whispered before he started to spread his legs a little bit and made his arm span wide. it seemed like he wanted mingyu to come to him

mingyu sled himself across to him and sat with his back facing wonwoo's face. suddenly he could feel his arms around his waist, mingyu smiled while he grabbed wonwoo hands bringing them tighter around himself, feeling a little bit of resistance from wonwoo made him not stop.

he looked out at the sunset and was probably the most happy he had ever been in forever. for an eternity he finally could look forward, and not backwards, and that made him really happy.

"happy," he said out loud.

"hmm," he could hear wonwoo utter.

mingyu slided a little bit forward before and leaned on wonwoo's chest so when he looked up he could kinda see his face, but really just his neckline and and a little bit of the side of his face.

"i'm just really happy," he said, looking at him, smiling. wonwoo just smiled back.

about two hours later when it had gotten dark, they had packed their stuff and started driving to the city again.

seokmin sat in the front seat companioned soonyoung who was driving, they were talking about music, and really seokmin was just talking and making sure soonyoung had someone talk to as for mingyu and wonwoo sitting in the backseat.

wonwoo could join their conversation as mingyu was sleeping soundly at his shoulder but he wouldn't wake him up. he kept getting lost in his thoughts, and sooner enough they were parking outside mingyu's house.

wonwoo shook mingyu lightly to wake him. but mingyu just hugged wonwoo's hand tighter, which made wonwoo chuckle.

"we are home,"

mingyu opened his eyes, blinking a little bit before he let go of wonwoo's hand, and they both went out of the car, and said their goodbyes to seokmin and sooyoung.

"it was really fun today, i haven't seen the sea in ages!" soonyoung screamed. wonwoo shushed sooyoung because it was really late. seokmin and mingyu laughed.

after a short while, soonyoung gave the keys to mingyu, and he and seokmin went off. mingyu and wonwoo went inside.

everyone was pretty much asleep besides mingyu's mom, which sat in the kitchen making side dishes.

"oh hello," she said as she saw them walk by. wonwoo stopped, and bowed, polite as he was, while mingyu went by to his bedroom.

"hello again," she said, smiling really widely. she suddenly looked at her son walking fast into his bedroom.

"mingyu! come on, please keep me company while i make these, i can even find something really good to eat,"

mingyu did an u-turn, bringing wonwoo with him to the kitchen table, sitting them both down.

mingyu's mom brought kimbap to the table, and gave them both a pair each of chopsticks. mingyu started eating right away, while wonwoo looked hesitant. mingyu looked at the older. "come on, eat!" he said while shoving one bite into his mouth. wonwoo looked a little flustered, bringing a hand to his mouth, before he started chewing.

"i just wanna say wonwoo," mingyu's mom started, a little pause in between her words," that you can stay as long as you want, okay? mingyu called me earlier and told me all about the situation,"

wonwoo looked at mingyu, wondering when he had told her about it as they had been together all day and he couldn't recall him talking to his mom about him in front of him. but then he remembered that mingyu had gone away for a little while at the beach speaking to someone on the phone, wonwoo had watched him from a distance.

"oh, thank you," he said while bowing to his mom. "no need to thank me, thank mingyu," she said, pointing towards him.

mingyu smiled awkwardly towards his mom before he looked at wonwoo which looked at him.

"thank you," he said. mingyu smiled towards him, taking wonwoo hand and squeezing it while nodding.

"what did you tell your mom?" wonwoo asked mingyu later. they were in mingyu's room, sitting in front of each other on his bed. mingyu was washing off the concealer on wonwoo's face with a makeup wipe. mingyu stopped and brought his hands to his lap.

"i- i didn't tell her about the," he begun, motioning to his own cheek, "i just told her that you came out to your parents and they didn't take it so well,"

he looked at his face to see if there was any reaction, but wonwoo didn't have any. he just looked empty in front of himself, nodding.

"and then i asked her if you could stay here," mingyu said, before he brought a smile to his face, he then proceeded with his words, "with me," he said, almost jumping in for a hug around wonwoo's waist. again wonwoo seemed a little taken aback by his action but hugged him back shortly after. mingyu, then looked up at him and wonwoo smiled to him.

"how do i look?"

mingyu released him and took a deeper look at him. it was faded red dots across his cheek which still was there, but it had gotten a lot better than how he looked yesterday.

"not bad," mingyu said and chuckled. he then laid his hand on his other cheek, the one that was not covered in a bruise, stroking it. for a second it seemed like wonwoo wasn't going to react at all but, but suddenly he leaned his cheek against mingyu's hand.

wonwoo closed his eyes and let out a deep breath while he leaned in, which left mingyu in a bit of awe. it was the first time in so long he had seen wonwoo relax in so many hours, maybe days. he wanted to see it more often.

"can i kiss you?"

wonwoo opened his eyes to the weird request by mingyu. such a weird question. never had a question like that needed to be asked. wonwoo just nodded.

mingyu leaned forward, still cupping wonwoo's cheek.

wonwoo's lips were dry and chapped against mingyu's. he recalled their kisses the past twenty-four hours, and wondered why he hadn't noticed before now; not that it made him pull away.

he felt wonwoo's hand around his waist, down his lower-back until they rested around his thighs. he felt his fingers tightening around them and suddenly he was on wonwoo's lap. mingyu gasped at the sudden movement that he didn't expect before he brushed it away with a chuckle, while he rested his hands at wonwoo's shoulder and around his neck

pulling away, they were looking into each other eyes for some seconds. mingyu brushed his hands though wonwoo's hair. in the same motion he had done to him when he was calming him down weeks ago.

wonwoo leaned in again, but only to give him a quick peck at mingyu's cheek, which made both blush. he then proceeded to peck him at the other cheek, then his forehead, his nosetip, his mouth, and then his neck.

wonwoo could hear mingyu's breath getting uneven as he kissed him down his neck. he smiled into his neck, thinking about giving mingyu some of his own medicine, recalling all the times he he had been kissing down his neck.

"wonwoo," mingyu whispered.  "hmm," wonwoo hummed, not looking up, he kept giving him small kisses down his neck.

"you know at the library that one time?"

it made wonwoo stop and look up at him in confusion. mingyu looked him in the eyes. there had been so many things happening at the library, that mingyu had to enlighten him.

"our first conversation. you asked me where you could find the korean literature from the 1800?"

"oh, yeah," wonwoo said, smiling as he was thinking about it. it recalled a time when he was brave, the most bravest he had ever felt.

"like did you plan the whole thing?" mingyu asked. wonwoo quickly chuckled. "you ask me if i planned the whole thing?" he said and took a pause, confirming with him of what he asked. mingyu shortly nodded.

"mingyu, i'm a literature major at the university. if there is something on the library i should know where are, it's that section....i was only doing it as i saw an opportunity to talk to you," wonwoo said firmly.

mingyu blushed straight away and nodded. "of course," he said and nodded, and seemed to be a little bit lost in his thoughts for a second, before he seemed to remember something. " but what about when you met me at the streets afterwards, that seemed very randomly?"

wonwoo remembered the whole incident. he had left the library, feeling weird and frustrated. it had been the first time of him responding to his feelings and of course he felt some kind of remorse to it. he had stopped at a place, bought a bottle of soju and drank it, before he had went his way until he bumped into mingyu.

"hmm, it was kind of randomly but i would call it destiny," he lied and smiled, he didn't want to spill the whole situation because it was not something he was proud of and wanted to spare mingyu for the ugly truth. it was supposed to be his day today.

"destiny?" mingyu asked. "are you calling me your destiny?" his whole expression seemed to glow up. wonwoo nodded, enjoying the sight in front of his eyes. it was interrupted with a yawn from mingyu.

"are you tired?" wonwoo asked, seeming a little worried. mingyu nodded. "let's sleep, and wake up to a new day tomorrow, together," he said and pecked wonwoo at his mouth, before he climbed off the older's lap and started to undress. wonwoo smiled shortly, before he started to undress too.

a few minutes later they both laid in the little bed in the dark after turning off the lights. wonwoo seemed again lost in his thoughts laying at his back starting at the roof. mingyu that laid at his chest, noticed the older seemed gloomy.

"you don't get to sleep?" he asked, wonwoo looked at him. mingyu seemed to thinkbefore he grabbed his hand, and brought it to his cheek. "it's your favorite thing," he said jokingly. it really brought a smile to wonwoo's face, which made mingyu really glad. wonwoo smoothed his thumb over his cheek a couple of times, before he brought it down to his lips, which made mingyu kiss his thumb.

"come here,"

mingyu responded to wonwoo words, and crawled a little more towards him, making his head more in line with wonwoo's. wonwoo took his arms around him, and hugged him tightly.

"now i get to sleep, knowing i have you here," wonwoo whispered.

i love you.

***

wow

that's the longest chapter i have ever written (which is making me not read through it so look out for typos lol), and there is a reason for that. i'm not gonna say much, but just to put that out there: it is one chapter left.

(while you wait for that) check out an earlier chapter i have posted (it is placed right before the story starts) that i have called  00.1 -"the library's playlist", which is a, "yes you guessed" - a playlist, which is filled with songs that set the mood, that inspired me - songs that gave this fic colors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83K 1.2K 21
meanie oneshots cus im meanie trash. ☆contains •fluff •angst(?) ▪︎occasional jeongcheol/jihan and junhao oneshots~ •I dont do requests srry
21.3K 676 56
Jeon Wonwoo, your typical emo, quiet boy. Kim Mingyu, the forever happy kid. Started: 28/01/2020 Ended: 20/07/2020
4.7K 159 14
The book unfolds the story of a boy, Jeon Wonwoo, who is in love with the prince, Kim Mingyu, who also loves him back. But will they find happiness...
5.4K 237 18
"𝕾𝖊𝖔𝖐𝖒𝖎𝖓..𝕴 𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖚𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖋𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖓 𝖎𝖓 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖗𝖊𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖞.." ... "𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖘𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜.. 𝕴'...