Just Best Friends!? | ✔︎

بواسطة snowflake_dreams

It's nothing like you imagine. Please give it a chance. ✷✷✷✷ She smacked my head. I smacked her head. She stu... المزيد

EPIGRAPH
Just like every other highschool
Mathematics and flirt?
Sweet tooth
The Grumpy Morning
Makeup
Relationship and fight.
Breakup
Cheat story.
Truth
Thanksgiving
Christmas.
New Years
New Years.
Who's next door?
Trouble.
Clean Slate
Do you have Raisins?
Babysitting
Pasta, burgers and Embarrassment
Long story, I am calling you!
Trip to Brooklyn
Wrong time, wrong place.
Hey wanna play UNO?
I like you
Acting Ambivalently
Let's make a plan
You clearly are a looser.
You dumbegg fudgenugget.
Single and looking for compassionate boyfriend
You and me together.
That's why you're THE ANNOYING IDIOT
Will you pretty please come with me to the ball?
You look like someone's puke.
Banana
Do you mind if I help?
You are a naughty guy
Don't y'all look the hottest couple
Just one dance
I'm so sorry!
I fucked up
I am stubborn
Are you two done flirting?
You dimwits.
It's beautiful just like you
Fuck. My. Luck.
We are dating.
I know everything.
Run you twat
Not for that, for this.
You are my happiness.
I LOVE YOU
Awesome covers.
Hi y'allllll

Tongue hockey day?

181 11 28
بواسطة snowflake_dreams

Please vote and comment.

CHAPTER 28
Sarah's POV.

We all make mistakes. Sometimes we learn from it and sometimes we take the hard way.

∞∞∞

And sometimes we just need a break. Have you heard that weird vibes from people who you have a hell lot of affection for messes up your mind?

My brain was messed.

I didn't know what to think of James now and to add it, he was my neighbour.

Sometimes, just sometimes we need to be broken down, lose the person we thought we loved, watch friends turn to strangers just to reach where your destiny intends to.

I sighed heavily leaving out a long breath. I was clinging on to the idea of James but I knew better, I knew sometimes it's not what we want.

I felt both of my sides on bed dip a little and a familiar scent hit my nostrils and I knew it's Nate and Zack. Ironically their scent is quite iconic.

"What are you doing?" Zack asked me in a low voice.

"Nothing just being in my room and staring the walls?" I didn't move my eyes from the ceiling.

"Is there some competition?" This time it was Nate. Do people have this kind of competition? Really?

What has the world come to?

"It's time for some food." It was Ellie who barged in the room. Wow is my home a hallway now? She brought us burgers. Coming to think of it I haven't eaten since morning.

"And tomorrow you're coming to school. You're going to stick your arse down the chair and watch my damn play. Do you understand?" Ellie looked straight in my eyes and said making sure I don't say anything and just agree.

"Yay great." She shrieked and clapped her hands in excitement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standing in school grounds I wasn't doing anything. I just looked at people who passed by, couples that kissed and made out like a hungry bear in the hallways and people who were struggling with the books and essays and whatnot.

"Hey, Sarah!" I looked up to James standing in front of me. His head hung low clearly not ready to look me in the eye.

"What do you want ?" I kept my voice barely at a tone before it starts cracking up.

"Whatever you want, just find someone else."  Nate yelled at him clenching his teeth and almost turning his hand into fists.

"Listen, mate, I just want to say sorry."

"Listen to me and listen to me very carefully, I am not your MATE and you stay the hell away from SARAH." Zack's voice was incredulously heavy and cold, clearly emphasizing on Mate and my name.

"Get lost before we make sure you do!" Nate yelled loudly before hugging me.

I didn't have the strength to stand and see suddenly. It felt like my heart has been clenched and it has been made sure that it hurts. I swear.

"Are you alright boo?" Nate asked me smiling charmingly.

"Boo? Really?" I laughed a little.

"Okay, then Princess. Now, are you fine?"

"I am feeling better. I will see you in while I have to get a few things done till then you guys have fun!" Nate scurried in a hasty way while pointing towards me and Zack.

"Yep!" I yelled loudly so that he could hear.

"Do you want a milkshake?"

"Or fries?"

"Or noodles!?" Zack asked removing money for all three dishes actually. He really thought I would eat everything?  How much did he think I ate?

No offence, but we all think you eat like a pig.

Shut the fuck up, conscience.

"Milkshake will be fine!" I smiled. I wasn't that hungry anyway.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, Zackie."

"Stay here, I'll get it!" I nodded and sat on the nearby bench.

"Hey, Sarah!" Ellie sat beside me in her costume.

"How are you?" I asked her not moving my eyes from trees in front.

"I'm fine just jitters. It's my first play and I am not confident if I'll pull up this perfectly."

For the first time, I shifted my attention to her and looked at her neatly done hair and makeup. She looked elegant for her play but I don't know why she doesn't feel the same.

"You're perfect for this play Ellie. Have some faith. It's okay to be nervous but don't worry you'll do it perfectly." I pat her shoulder and a grinning Zack emerge from behind. He handed me my milkshake and gave a high-five to Ellie.

"So nervous?" Zack asked setting his fries on the bench.

"Very much!"

She shrugged involuntary heaving a large sigh. Stress stops your progress. Before we could say anything another girl came out strolling directly to Ellie. She might be her friend.

"Hey, there you are. I was so worried!" The girl says slowly giving her a hug.

"I was just nervous."

"Oh c'mon you'll do fine and your stage fright will be out before you know it!" She said assuring her in a very nice way. Almost as if she was her mother.

But it turned out to be wrong.

She kissed her and it wasn't just a peck. They were playing tongue hockey.

I stared them awkwardly not because of the unexpected gesture. I had no objection with it though. Ellie seemed to relax visibly in that kiss. Their hands were everywhere on each other.

WE NEVER SPEAK OF IT UNTIL ELLIE WANTS, or else it's just going to be me being nosy in her life.

"I'll see you at play." I whispered before leaving them in the kiss and walking off with Zack giving her a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We sat in the middle of the auditorium. Zack and Nate sat on either side of me while Kate and Rose sat beside Zack. In the middle of the play, my eyes almost started to wander around, it was not that boring but I just wasn't paying attention.

I am so used to resisting the aftermath feeling that I was feeling numb. I haven't actually mourn over James murdering my feelings like that, he did it just like that in a snap of fingers. I let my eyes roam here and there until it settled on James on its own accord. His face wasn't pale, of course, he wasn't upset. I didn't see him that much after him persistently blowing away my phone that evening.

He had a girl completely on his lap, straddling him in the back of the auditorium where nobody could catch it quite clearly in the first place and they were feeding on each other, meaning kissing each other that his hands were sliding up her ridiculously short skirt by the minute.

Was today a tongue hockey day?

Just then the seat which was empty by Nate has been filled by another bimbo who kept pestering him about how handsome he looked.

Don't ask me how I heard, she was loud enough for me to hear.

I couldn't see her face but I could definitely hear Nate muttering some curses under her breath while it made me chuckle at his odd situation.

"Hey, handsome. You wanna hang out later?"She was purring, like literally purring at her own words and as awful as it sounds she was running her fingers up and down on his arm.

"I could but I don't want to." Nate didn't pay any heed, he was intentionally ignoring her and making her mad obviously.

"No one talks to me like that!" She fumed at Nate, I couldn't see but it was definite from her voice.

"Well, I am!" I chuckled at his reply clearly drawing his attention.

"Asshole!" And she took her skinny figure and went of clacking heels.

I nudged Nate to diffuse the tension after the girl had gone muttering something. I gave him an amused look but that turned down to a frown when I saw James walking out with the girl he had been playing tongue hockey for majority of the play. His hand clung to her tiny waist, almost on her skinny butt and it looked like her scrawny figure would collapse any given moment with the amount of weight.

The noise of claps and cheering pulled me out of the reverie. I woke up Zack, the sleepyhead had fallen asleep in the middle of the play.

"Had a nice sleep?" I asked as he stretched and yawned uncontrollably.

"Just perfect!" He grinned adorably like a baby and I grinned in return while the other three seemed to be on the phone.

"I need to use the washroom, I'll be back."  I got up from my seat stretching my top.

"Me too!" Rose and Nate called in unison, I rolled my eyes at them while we walked off leaving a frowning Zack with Kate. You can guess why he frowned.

When I came back to the door of the auditorium Zack had been pacing around in an endless loop and somehow within the span of 5 minutes he looked agitated. Wow, I didn't know he could be triggered that fast.

"What's wrong with you? Why do you look like you'll be murdering someone?" He actually looked like that.

"If I do, find a good attorney like Harvey and Mike in Suits."

"Again what happened Zackie!?" He dragged me to the parking lot where we waited for Nate to come and so that we could be talking in discretion.

"Kate and I talked." I raised my eyebrows for him to continue further.

"Then she said to me she was sorry!" He was dejected. Of course, she kept him hanging.

"Okay and? Did you ask her why?" Of course, there has to be more than what meets the eye.

"I did. She said she hurt me and now that she is seeing Abbott." He was fuming. Obviously, he liked her and she said she wasn't sure about him but now she is suddenly sure about dating another guy. Unfortunately, he was none other than Abbott but somehow it really hurt Zack like a bitch.

"Are you okay?" I asked him unsure of how anyone would feel at the moment. Not really but I don't know what more to say here.

"I'm just a little off Cherry, she fed me that shit of more the boyfriend and less than friends and that guy she was crushing on was Abbott itself. If I knew it earlier I wouldn't ever cross the line. More so, if she had been honest we would still be friends. Anyways I left without saying a word to her." He let out a long breath sighing inaudibly while I stood beside him. Her words held a retrospective impact, something that could have a possibility of a good friendship was destroyed.

"Ready to go home!?"  Nate yelled in an obnoxiously loud voice making us laugh at his antiques.

"Always." Yeah, I am more of a home person than anything else.

____________

Another update. Y'all tell me how is it. Keep voting, commenting and sharing.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

347K 13.1K 54
Meet Rachel Brody Everything comes easy to her. She has it all. Fame, money, boys. In one word popular. A Goddess amongst commoners. She is even the...
35.2K 1.9K 29
"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." ...
830 120 29
" YOU ARE SO ANNOYING! JUST GET OUT OF MY LIFE ! WITHOUT YOU , MY LIFE WOULD BE BETTER ! " I bit my lip and tried so hard to hold back my tears , " I...
800K 26K 43
Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmates. The number of days until they get to...