๐™ฌ๐™š'๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ก๐™ซ๐™š๐™จ - Zomb...

By daylightbea

Sophie is the typical new girl in town. She grew up in Seabrook but had to move to another city when she was... More

Cast & Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
Warning
06
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
ANNOUNCEMENT - EDITED

07

9K 213 9
By daylightbea

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕
“𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞”

× 𝐖𝐲𝐚𝐭𝐭'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕 ×

"Ugh, useless! None of these history books say where the moonstone is hidden." Willa said to the wolves.

We were hanging out in Zombietown, reading the books that Willa technically stole from the library in an attempt to find out where the moonstone was hidden.

"Win the wolves vote, win the election. Easy." I overhear Addison's boyfriend saying over to one of his zombie friends.

The two zombies approached us. "Hello wolves. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Zed. Zombie. Football star. Presidential hopeful."

Zed held his hand out to Willa, waiting for her or one of us to shake it. He slowly lowered his hand after a few seconds of receiving menacing looks from the pack members.

"When zombies first came to Seabrook, we were outsiders too. Which is why you need a great president like Zed to represent you." Zed's friend commented, looking at the pack with a friendly smile.

"We'd be honored if you joined us." She finished.

Wynter got up, slamming her hand in a book on the table. "Our pack is our pack. We don't need anyone else, so..."

The same little zombie girl I saw the other day came up from behind Zed, approaching Wynter. "Who doesn't want more friends? Underneath all that fluffy hair, I bet you're a real softy."

Wynter leaned over to be the same height as the child, adopting a threatening tone. "I am a mean, mean werewolf, kid. I am tough and rough."

"Aw, you said rough, like a sweet little puppy dog. Rough, rough."

"We are beasts of the forest, we will never be tamed." Wynter replied as the girl stroked her ears. "Oh, boy. Oh, that's great."

She looked over at me and Willa, the latest shaking her head in disapproval.

"Sorry." Wynter murmured with a shrug.

Willa stood up, facing the two zombies. "We're nothing like you zombies."

"You sort of are." The zombie girl started as we all faced her, asking for an explanation. "Your necklace is powered right? Kinda like an organic Z-band."

Willa looked at her, then back at Zed. "You're smarter than he looks."

"Thanks." She replied.

Zed raised his hand to touch Willa's necklace and she tapped his hand to stop him. "That necklace keeps you from fully wolfing out?"

"The opposite. Our moonstones make us our true werewolves selves." Willa answered.

"So, without it, you'd be human?" The zombie asked, curious.

"No. We'd die. We'd be nothing." My sister responded.

I stepped forward. "Imagine how alive you would feel if you didn't have to tamp things down. Hold back your true selves."

The zombie girl looked at Zed and then faced me. "Actually, I have this theory that zombies might have evolved beyond our need for Z-bands."

Zed laughed nervously, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Z-bands are great. They help you fit in. And I think you guys would have a better time at Seabrook if you just followed in our footsteps. Join a club, play football, I'll even teach you how to tackle. Just lighten up, be more like us."

(A/N: In order to not let the chapter get too big, I'm not going to transcribe Like The Zombies Do. Instead, I'm going to leave the video below if anyone wants to see it or hasn't seen it before.)

When we finished dancing and singing, Wynter ran over to Zed and tackled him. He fell on the ground groaning in pain as we all laughed at him.

━━━━━━━━ ❪❃❫ ━━━━━━━━

× 𝐒𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕 ×

I ran up to the middle of the gym with my cheerleading uniform on. I stopped in front of the rest of the team with a grin on my face and blew a whistle.

This was a special training session in which I would lead the team to test my leadership skills.

The cheerleaders lined up with the sound of the whistle. "I am so fired up to be running cheer practice. Together we can do anything."

I noticed the expressions of fear in front of me, sending a questioning look towards my two best friends. Bree pointed discreetly at something behind me.

I turned around, meeting several werewolves in the stands. "Sorry, but this practice space is for cheerleaders only."

The girl I recognized as Wynter stood up, facing me. "Just try and get us to leave."

"Wynter, some respect." Wyatt whispered, but I heard it anyway.

I smiled slightly. "I don't want you to leave, I want you to stay. Show us what you can do. The cheer team is for everyone."

The wolves went to the middle of the gym where the team was already positioning themselves, with me and Addison in the front to lead.

We started showing the werewolves some moves and they repeated them. Soon, they were already making their their own moves. Wyatt was my partner and we moved together to the sound of the music while smiling at each other. 

Me, Addison, Stacey, Jacey, Bree, Wyatt, Wynter and some other werewolves reunited in a circle, placing our hands  in the middle and throwing them up as the wolves howled.

Near the end of practice, some boys - including Wyatt - gathered around me, getting down and intertwining their fingers to make a platform. I stepped on their hands, keeping eye contact with Wyatt, and bent my knees.

When I realized, I was already being thrown in the air. I spun around and felt like I was flying. With my eyes closed tightly and my accelerated heart beats, I let myself fall down.

I was caught by some strong, tanned arms and looked up at the person who had catched me - Wyatt. He put me down and I hugged him tightly, enjoying his natural scent.

I dragged him by the hand to where Bree, Wynter and some other werewolves were.

Addison approached us. "That was so amazing! You are all natural cheerleaders."

Wyatt chuckled. "We Wolves work well together."

Both me and Addison looked at him with curiosity. "But we're not wolves." I said, laughing.

I looked over Wyatt's shoulder when Wynter start coughing hard behind him. I ran towards her as she dropped to her knees and put a hand on her shoulder, squeezing it lightly in an attempt to convey security.

Bucky came up to us clapping. "Well done Sophie. With werewolves on cheer, this election is so in the bag."

I rolled my eyes, incredulous. "Bucky, this is not about politics. It's never been. It's about union. I feel that cheer can unite."

"You are gonna be a great cheer captain."

I ran up to Addison and hugged her. "I'm gonna be cheer captain, Addy!"

She moved away from me and grinned. "Yeah! I always said you could do it. So, I was thinking that the team could move beyond trophy's and we could start an out reach program."

My face light up with that idea. "It's actually a great idea, miss future vice captain."

"Whoa, cheer is about what I say it's about, and it's about winning. Sophie, don't think that just because you are the future captain and Addison is the future vice captain that I am gone. I'm not. I still will be part of every decision." Bucky told me.

Addison looked at him and back at me, sad. "That's not fair, Sophie."

"I know." I muttered.

Wyatt took Addison's hand in his. "You are a leader Addison, but of something a lot greater than cheer."

I couldn't help but to feel a little jealous watching those two, so I turned around to exit the gym and saw Zed. Oh boy. If I was jealous without even dating Wyatt, he probably was a lot more.

When I was going to tell Addison, she noticed him too. She tried to run and talk to him, but I stopped her. "I'll do it. I'll talk to him."

I exited the gym, facing my zombie best friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.1K 23
| ๐™Œ๐™๐™€๐™€๐™‰๐˜ฟ๐™Š๐™ˆ - ' ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐š ๐ก๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ž๐ง๐๐จ๐ฆ ' or! | IN WHICH a girl fights to find her place in her small town, al...
235K 5.2K 26
Veronica Andrews is a student at Seabrook High School and a member of the cheer team. On the day she was born, her world was destined to change. She...
23.8K 433 19
I made this when I was 13. So read at your own risk. You have lived in Seabrook ever since you were born and only ever had 1 friend...addison. she h...
46.8K 1K 16
Y/n Wells is a normal Seabrook girl, she loves cheer, she loves her parents, her sister, Addison, and she loves her friends. Her life is perfect, tha...