Browsing for Girls (A 1D Fanf...

By givemelove1D

One Night. One Band. One Direction. When One Direction begin to make some trouble, management sends them back... More

Browsing for Girls (A 1D Fanfic)
Meet The Girls
Ch 1. Last Day
Ch 2. First Day of School.
Ch. 3 Stupid Cupid.
Chapter 5: Detectives & Recons
Chapter 6: Fallen
Chapter 7: Stalkers & Study Buddies
TEASER: Chapter Eight
Chapter Eight: Music Store Dates
Chapter 9: Daydreams and Realisations
Chapter 10: Touch The Sky
Diane's Frank Ocean Medley.
Chapter 11: Failed Kisses.
Chapter 12: The Fundraiser Showcase
QUESTIONS.
ANSWERS!
Chapter 13: Beach Dates & Fetes.
Chapter 14: Them.
QUESTION TIMEEEEEEEEE *TICK TOCK*
Chapter 15: More Than Friends
Chapter 16: Roses & Kisses.
Chapter 17: Painful Little Lie.
THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE. AUDITION INFO.
Teaser: Chapter 18
Chapter 18: Take A Chance
WANNA BE IN THE STORY? Eh??
Chapter 19: Crawl
Chapter 20: Sweet Goodbyes
Airplane Blues: Short

Ch 4. Masquerade Ball

985 23 11
By givemelove1D

GURLS AND GUYSSS!

IT'S THE MASQUERADE BALL!!!!!!!!! *starts dancing to Milkshake* I bet everyone's waiting for this chapter aren't they, eh? *hip thrust like Louis but better cause I'm fabuLOUIS*

I hope I do all the girls justice in this chapter cause this is one of the most important chapters like EVER. I have so many ideas on how the girls get the guys and how the guys find out :P you won't find out though *insert evil laugh here* I am so weird GOSH! No wonder why no one reads my stories, I probably creep them all out like "that girl, she crazy".

I was like so proud of myself when it came to writing this story and actually getting comments and everything but then I see other people's stories and how they get more than me, I'm like :'( but OH WELL ALL YOU GURLS ARE BETTER THAN THEM!

Also, my other story One Direction's Support Act (If you haven't heard of it, check it out. I dare you) is being published on tumblr (http://www.niology.tumblr.com) by one of my fanfic idols! GAH! I KNOW! I'm going to be writing a story there with her and I am so utterly happy! So I'll give you some news on that.

By the way I FINISHED MY EXAMS! I only had like, seven or six I DON'T KNOW! I FINISHED I HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY RESULTS BUT I FINISHED!!!!!! *parties hard with Zayn Malik* (Tory, don't kill me)

I swear I ship you girls so hard with your chosen guys! ;) anyways. I'm like daydreaming during class 'oh that should happen to Harry and Diane'

'oh my gosh, that's just like Katarina and Niall'

 'LOUNA MOMENT'

 'Liam should like do that for Louise'

'No one's love is stronger than Tory and Zayn's'

You know when you have a bad day and you need something to make you laugh so you think everything dirty... I had one of those days recently and I was looking at how many people I fanned I saw that I have fanned 169 people! 169.. hehe.

Keira xx

PS: I bet you guys can see how high I am for writing this chapter! Using all the bolds and italics and everything.

PSS: Thank you for reading!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Karina's POV*

"ERIC. DAD. MUM. I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME" I shout and I hear someone come up the stairs.

"Awh, my daughter looks so cute. Up for some guy action tonight?" My mum says and I ask, ignoring her last comment "Could you help me zip up my dress? and since you're here could you put some makeup on me?" she holds her hands together and throws a little fangirl.

"Of course, honey. I've always wanted to help you for your ball" my mum says and I let out a groan.

My mum zips up my dress. "I have a great idea for makeup. How about we pull off a light pink lip but have dramatic eyes?" my mum says making me sit down in front of my mirror.

That looks like a good idea "Okay mum" I say and my mum squeals. "Let me get my make up kit" my mum says and I hear her run down the hallway.

I don't know why it feels different this year, dressing up and going to the same yearly ball.. I don't know why I'm actually putting more effort. I guess I'm "growing up"...

*Katarina's POV*

"Tonight is the night, is the night, that we set it off"

"William, how do I look?" I ask my baby brother and he hugs me. "Tu es superbe" my brother says and I know what that means. You look beautiful. "Thanks, baby bro" I say and mess up his hair. "Wait!" William says and gives me a rose bracelet "You need this for tonight" William says smiling.

"Thanks" I say and he kisses my cheek. "I'm ready" I say to my mum and she gasps "You look so beautiful, someone's heart is going to be stolen tonight hey?" mum says and I scream "MUMM".

I walk down the stairs and my mum laughs at me. "Let's go, pick up Tory and Louise" my mum says and we head into the car.

*Tory's POV*

"Do I look okay mum?" I ask and she smiles and hugs me. She places a bracelet of hers on my wrists.

"You look stunning, especially with the heels. I don't like the sneakers" Mum says and I laugh.

"Thanks mum" I say and the doorbell rings "HAVE FUN AND GO" Mum says pushing me out the door. Oh, mothers.

"Hey, Katarina!" I say and we hug in the car. "I am so pumped" Katarina says and I reply "It's the same every year though" she crosses her arms and looks at me.

"One Direction's going to be there, that's different and I bet you and Zayn are going to fall into each other's eyes again and then you'll dance and it's a happily ever after for you" Katarina says and her mum stops at a red light giving us a shock "WHAT!? Zayn likes you! Oh my gosh! You two would be so cute" her mum says and my face looks at the floor of the car.

"Nothing will happen" I say, trying to convince myself and Katarina.

"You want something to happen though" Katarina says, batting her eyelashes.

"Shut up" I say ending this conversation. Katarina was right though. I knew it.

*Diane's POV*

Karina where are you? I'm waiting outside in my blue dress, wearing a mask and I'm freaking out. KARINA HURRY UP. Oh, wow that worked. Karina's car is here. I step into the car and the warm breeze hits me. "KARINA" I yell and we hug each other! "I am so glad you're coming and you're actually wearing make up. YOU'RE TRYING" Karina says and I laugh.

"She doesn't need the make up, Karina. You're just jealous" Eric says and I reply "Gosh, no way. Your sister is heaps prettier than me" I smile and he smiles too taking a photo of the both of us.

*Louise's POV*

I step into Katarina's car "Bye mum" I shout from the car and wave, my mum waves back and I sit and put my seat belt on. Safety first. "Hey!" I say, cheery and pumped. "I am so ready for this!" I say and Katarina says "I am sexy, free and single and I shall go and mingle" Katarina pulls this tough guy pose and Tory and I are left laughing our heads off.

"Here we are girls, have fun and stay safe" Katarina's mum says and we step out of the car. We wave goodbye, we all link arms and we head to the center hall.

"Wait. We have to see when Karina and Diane are going, I'll text them" Katarina says and we nod.

"Alright, they're coming soon. Let's go" Katarina says and we all link arms again. We let go of each other and walk down the stairs.

"Show you off, I wanna show you off"

The sound of Justin Bieber's voice blasts through the speakers and some girls, the popular girls are glaring at us. The best thing about wearing a mask, the bullies don't know who you are.

*Karina's POV*

"Bye Dad!" I wave and shout outside. "Have fun with some guys tonight" My dad shouts and I cringe.

"Come on, let's go" Diane says, pulling my arm. We walk to the center hall, I can hear Justin Bieber from here.

Diane and I walk down the stairs and we both see Katarina, Tory and Louise waving at us. We wave back and we walk down the stairs.

Oh god. From the corner of my eye I see a pretty good looking guy, he had brown hair which was swept to the side- that's Louis. He catches me looking and smiles an honest smile, I smile back but walk away to the girls.

We all give each other hugs and it's a kind of mess. "Oh my gosh, you look so pretty Karina" Tory says and gives me another hug.

I think I'm blushing "Thanks, Tory. You fab, as always" I reply. "Punch guys?" Louise asks us "Yes, please" Diane says.

I look at a group of boys and notice someone's checking out Louise. "Louise, someone's checking you out eh?" I nudge her and she turns around.

Louise sees him and smiles shyly, I nudge her again and she punches me. I deserved that.

*Liam's POV*

"Work hard, Play hard, We party like it's our job"

"Dude, do something and stop checking her out. We don't have all night, kinda" Louis says to me and pushes me towards her. I walk towards the group, passing the crowd. I dodge the people and I end up in front of her. The mystery girl looked absolutely perfect, she was wearing a red dress and she was absolutely perfect. I could notice her piece of her perfection, the way her curves stood out from the dress made her look pretty hot.

"Hello" I say and place my hand on her arm. The girl turned around, she was gorgeous.

"Hi" she says and her friends all nudge her and leave. She watches her leave and she's playing with her ring.

"Um, I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go dance with me maybe?" I ask and lend out my hand, she smiles and takes it "Gladly" she says.

YES! I lead her to the dance floor and I look at Louis winking at me.

*Louise's POV*

This mystery guy was pretty hot, I'll admit; he was pretty fit. Don't judge I was checking out the biceps, nothing big. Me and him move to the middle of the dancefloor. I look behind me and I see the populars glaring at us, don't tell me they noticed it's me. A girl from the popular group- Isabel walks towards us but I try to let loose while I have the chance.

 We dance, more like put our hands in the air and jump and we're having so much fun. We're kind of laughing at the other and pulling some weird moves here and there. The song finishes and he leads me away from the crowd, holding my hand tightly while the crowd. We're back at the snack table. "So, mystery girl. Tell me more about yourself" the mystery guy says, smiling.

"Oh, she's a nerd and a boring person" Isabel stops me from explaining myself and pushes me out of the way. "Go away, I'm talking to someone" Isabel says and I have to just walk away. I walk pass everyone and I felt horrible, I thought tonight was the night where I wouldn't have to deal with this.

*Liam's POV*

"Let's get to know each other" Some girl says to me and I'm just left on the tops of my tippy toes looking at the mystery girl walk away. 

"I have to find my date" I say and the girl grabs my hand "Date?!" she says in shock and I nod.

"I'm sorry but I really have to find her" I say back and I follow the girl and before she reaches the steps I grab her hand, she turns around... she was really upset and I knew it.

"Don't walk away, I was really enjoying spending time with you" I say and I pull her closer to me.

The mystery girl looks at the ground, some sort of ashamed "She's right though, I'm a nerd, I'm a boring person, why didn't you go with her she's way more prettier than me?" she says and I shake my head not believing her. She was gorgeous, the other girl, not my type.

"I like you more than her, you're really fun and easy to get along with, her, she's too up herself and you're too gorgeous to pass up. I don't care if you're a nerd, intelligence is pretty hot" I say proudly and she gives me a warm smile.

"Heart beats fast, Colors and promises"

"I love this song, it's so beautiful" the mystery girl says smiling brightly.

"How to be brave? How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?"

"Would you dance with me, please?" I ask for the second time tonight.

*Louise's POV*

"I'd love to" I say and his fingers intertwine with mine and he leads me to the dancefloor.

He was so sweet and so accepting of me and I've never met a guy like that before. It was pretty much impossible to say no to him. We end up at the middle of the dancefloor again and the white lights travelling across floor makes my mystery guy's eyes brighten.

"One step closer"

His hand pulls me towards him and places my hand on his shoulder and his other hand holds my waist and we take one step closer. He leads the dance and we turn in circles.

"I have died everyday waiting for you, Darling don't be afraid I have loved you"

Our eyes lock and I see some people crowd around us two. I whisper sing the words "For a thousand years" and he smiles and whispers in my ear "You have a beautiful voice" I just send him a smile.

Me and him we dancing around the floor, going in circles and his grip on waist becomes tighter.

"Time stands still. Beauty in all she is. I will be brave. I will not let anything take away. What's standing in front of me" He sings in my ear, very faintly. He had a beautiful voice, it was all husky and deep. I guess we we're waltzing across the floor, he's a pretty good dancer.

*Liam's POV*

"One step closer"

I pull her closer to me and our bodies we're pretty much locked into each other's body. She was so happy and she's so beautiful, smiling better than ever.

"I have died everyday waiting for you, Darling don't be afraid I have loved you"

We dance slowly and I lead her back into the middle of the dancefloor. A spotlight is put on us and I just start to slowly sway with her, the song's about to end and we both notice it too.

"I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more"

I lead her away from the dancefloor again and she whispers in my ear "You've made my night, masked man. Thank you" I blushed and sent her a wink.

"Seeing you made mine" I say and she blushes too.

*Tory's POV*

I walk around the hall and then some guy locks eyes with me.  I turn around to look at him and it feels like time has stopped between us. People pass but we're still looking at each other, he takes a step towards me and I fall for his brown eyes.

I turn away anyway and try to ignore this, I don't like this, staring into boy eyes so much you fall like that.

*Zayn's POV*

"She’s so incredible, She’s so incredible, She’s so incredible, She’s so incredible"

The song plays and I watch the girl walk away. The girl had a white one shoulder dress, it suited her so well. I had a clue who that girl was. Tory. I haven't gotten so attached to someone with a look in the eye and the only girl that comes to mind is Victorya. I don't think I should be too sure though. I pass people and I grab her hand.

"Theres just so many ways, She got me so amazed,Telling everybody I ain't never seen her type before"

"You look absolutely stunning tonight" I say and she blushes sheepishly.

"Um, thanks. Nice mask" She says and I couldn't help but smile.

"You want to dance?" I ask her, it was really hard to ask her but it was better than not trying at all.

"Sure" she says and she follows me to the dancefloor.

"She's the only one that I desire, She's the only one that lights my fire"

I place my hands at her waist while her hands on were on my shoulders. We sway with everyone else and it felt comfortable being around her.

"Every time I'm down she takes me higher, If I only had one word to describe her"

"So, tell me more about yourself" the mystery girl says and sends me a cheeky smile.

What do I say without giving myself away? Hmm.. I really don't know. "Well, I listen to a lot of R&B and I like writing, I guess" I say and hope I don't give myself away.

"She's so incredible, She's so incredible, She's so incredible"

"What about yourself?" I ask and our bodies are closer to one another. "I love to draw, I'm pretty mischevious so watch out" she sends me a wink and I smirk then she continues "Yeah.. I'm not that confident of a person" she says and her head looks at the ground.

I lift her head up and I ask "Would you take off your mask? I want to know who you are" she shakes her head, giving me the signal that it's a no.

"Her sexy attitude's, Got me so mesmerized"

"Nope. Not going to happen. I'm not that easy mystery man" my mystery girl says poking my cheek.

"The way she puts it down got me so hooked, I just can't get enough"

A part of her hair falls over her face and I move it slowly, she blushes "You're blushing quite hard there, love" I say and she sends a big smile to me, I guess she likes being called love.

"Shut up" she says and I laugh at her. Her voice sounds so familiar.. I've heard it before.

*Tory's POV*

"She's the only one that I desire

She's the only one that lights my fire

Every time I'm down she takes me higher

If I only had one word to describe her

She's so incredible

She's so incredible

She's so incredible

She's so incredible" The mystery man sings, just to me and the voice was so obvious... it was Zayn.

I was dancing with Zayn all this time. I didn't even think it was him but he called me love and he said I was stunning. I remember how to breathe and I whisper in his ear "You have a brilliant voice, you should just sing the whole song" he smiles at me and we continue swaying like the other people in the crowd.

"I only know the chorus, sorry there love" he says to me and I lean back a bit. He called me love again though.. that's kind of overwhelming.

The chorus plays and I ask "Can you sing again please?" he whispers to me "sure thing" I didn't want the song to end.

"She's the only one that I desire

She's the only one that lights my fire

Every time I'm down she takes me higher

If I only had one word to describe her

She's so incredible

She's so incredible

She's so incredible

She's so incredible" Yep, that's Zayn alright. Zayn grabs my hand and gives me a twirl, I start to laugh and he laughs too. The song finishes and he bows "Thank you, milady" he says and I laugh "The pleasure's all mine sir" I say, putting on the best british accent I could.

His arm locks into mine and we walk to the white fabric covered chairs to sit down. The intro to Mr. Saxobeat plays and more people head to the dancefloor while we left.

"Wasn't that fun" Zayn says, I am so convinced it's him. A part of me knew it. "Yeah, it was. You're a really great singer you know?" I say and he laughs "Thanks, it's a hobby" he says. No way was it a hobby and I knew it.

"What's your name?" he asks me and I smile. "Like I said, I'm not easy mystery man" I say and poke my tongue out.

"You are mischevious" Zayn says and I laugh, he joins me too. "I guess so" I say shrugging my shoulders. He punches my shoulder lightly and we laugh some more.

*Katarina's POV*

"Where's Diane?" I ask Karina and she shrugs. "I don't know. I swear she was here though and we've already checked the toliets" Karina replies, reminding me.

"Maybe she's outside with a guy and we're worrying too much" I say and someone pokes my back.

"Actually I'm here" Diane says and we hug her. "Where did you exactly go?" I ask her and she replies "Toliet" I facepalm myself.

"You're kidding me" I say and she shakes her head "Nope" she replies.

*Niall's POV*

I grab some food then I- oh, oops. I dropped my food, I lift my head up and I see beautiful eyes piercing through the black lace mask. "I am so sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you" I say and she smiles. The girl's friends leave us be and she flicks some hair out of her face. She was gorgeous.

"No, it's fine. It was my fault too" she says and her velvet voice was music to my ears. The girl begins to walk away, I try to get her but she was pretty fast for a girl wearing heels. Those things are painful, I don't know how girls wear those sort of shoes when they could just wear flats which are really comfortable.

I grab her arm and she turns around "Please let me make it up for you with a dance" I say and she smiles but then looks at her friends. Her friends turn away and she looks at me

"Sorry, no thanks" the girl says and a part of me was determined to get her.

"Ohh wooaah"

I know that song. Baby by Justin Bieber. The girl walks away and I begin to sing to her.

"You know you love me, I know you care

Just shout whenever, and I'll be there" I sing and grab her arm again. I shrug my shoulders, give her a wink and sing to her again.

"Are we an item? Girl, quit playing

We're just friends, what are you saying?" I sing and Louis and Harry join me too.

"And I was like..."

Bieber's voice blasts from the speakers and I give the guys a nod. We all side step and dance horribly and she laughs at us.

"Baby, baby, baby oooh

Like baby, baby, baby nooo"

"Okay, Okay! I'll dance with you" she says and I pretty much pull her to the dancefloor. Louis punches me and I give him a nod. Bieber always works on the ladies.

Me and her just jump with the music and she's laughing and singing along.

"Baby, baby, baby noooo" We sing together doing weird hand signals and we're laughing so hard, people are looking at us weird.

"When I was 13, I had my first love,

There was nobody that compared to my baby

and nobody came between us or could ever come above" I rap and she laughs at me.

"You're so gangsta, masked man" she says and I laugh. I like this girl, she wasn't so afraid of being so weird with me.

"Baby, baby, baby oooh, Like baby, baby, baby nooo" We sing again and we're dancing weird with our hands up like there's no tomorrow.

"I thought you'd always be mine, mine" We sing together and her hands are holding my arms while mine are holding her waist.

"You're actually really fun, masked gangsta" she says and continues "I am so calling you that for the rest of the night" I laugh at her.

"So are you" I say and she laughs but starts to walk off the dancefloor.

 I grab her arm and she's shocked once again "One more song?" I ask.

She gives me a nod "Sure, masked gangsta, let me get a drink first" she says and we head to the snack table, I get another piece of cake and she laughs at me while she's drinking punch. "You eat a lot, it's cute" she says and I smile, mouth full of cake.

*Katarina's POV*

(A/N KATARINA LIKES THE MASKED GANGSTA)

Why didn't I say yes to this guy before? He was funny! He must've liked Bieber as well. Wait. Niall likes Bieber. Masked Gangsta likes Bieber. Niall has blond hair. Masked Gangsta has blond hair. Niall has blue eyes. Masked Gangsta has blue eyes. Niall eats a lot. Masked Gangsta eats a lot. Niall is Masked Gangsta. That sounds legit.

When we got to the middle of the dancefloor the chorus blasted out of the speakers.

"I pray for all your love, Girl our love is so unreal

I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you, somebody pinch me"

His hands put mine on his shoulders on my waist, he sways with me and we give each other a warm smile.

"I know it sounds crazy,That you'd be my baby, Girl you mean that much to me"

Me and him looked at the other people dancing and kissing, we kind of gave each other the same look.

"And nothing compares when, We're lighter than air and, We don't wanna come back down"

I whisper in his ear, I didn't like to 'no conversation' between us "I'm glad you sang baby for me tonight" I pull away from his ear and he smiles.

"I'm glad too" he says and I smile, swaying with the music was actually pretty nice.

"And I don't wanna ruin what we have

Love is so unpredictable"

I see another couple kissing and Niall catches me looking at them. "You're so beautiful" he whispers and I smile. He places a small, lingering kiss on my cheek and I knew I was blushing.

*Louis' POV*

Where's Karina? I have been looking for her all night, I want that kiss. Shut up. I haven't gone mad. I walk then- man. That girl's pretty hot.. No guy's following her so I can hit on her. I follow the girl who's just sitting down in a chair drinking some punch. She's sitting next to her friend and they're just chatting. Where's Harry? Dude.I look around for him but he's nowhere to be seen.

I walk over to the girl's table and her friend punches her, she turns around. I look at the silver and gold mask, her brown eyes stood out so much. "Hello, love. May I say you look very beautiful in this lovely night?" I say and a light laugh escapes those pink lips of hers.

*Karina's POV*

(A/N KARINA IS A BOSS)

I know that was Louis and Diane knew it too. That's why she punched me and not have told me. It was so obvious for me, his brown, swept to the side hair. His very fitted suit, it was black and white with a blue stripe across his arm. It was just obvious, I guess looking- not staring I promise- at his photos have made it very easy for me to know if it's him or not.

 "Hello, love. May I say you look very beautiful in this lovely night?" Louis- I think it's Louis says and a light laugh leaves my lips. I bet that sounded very weird.

"Thanks, sir. You look pretty handsome too" I say and it's his turn to lightly laugh. Oh, I am good.

"I've been looking for a girl named Karina, she owes me a kiss on the cheek" Louis says and I laugh a bit. I don't owe him a kiss. Unless he finds me and he technically hasn't found me.

"Silly girl, I would have kissed your cheek if I was given the chance" I say and he laughs at me. What I said wasn't that funny though...

"Well, until I find her would you dance with me?" He asks me and I nod hoping it didn't look desperate.

*Louis' POV*

She had quite the personality. I liked it, cheeky and cute like Karina. I lead her to the dancefloor and my hand goes to her waist while her hand ends up to my shoulder.

"Settle down with me, Cover me up, Cuddle me in, Lie down with me"

"And hold me in your arms" comes from the girl in front of me. "I love this song okay?" she says blushing, she seems ashamed of it a bit.

"I love Ed Sheeran, he's such a talented songwriter" I reply, smiling reassuring her that it's okay.

"I love him, his songs are so perfect" she says and I smile. She had great music taste, she wasn't like the other girls who only liked songs that had good beats but she loved the meanings in the songs. She was a really deep person and it pulled me to her, not literally but emotionally.

"I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet"

"And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now" I sing into her ears, pulling her close to me. I feel her smiling into my shoulder.

"Kiss me like you wanna be loved"

"You wanna be loved, You wanna be loved" the mystery girl sings and I was falling for her. She was perfect to me.

"This feels like falling in love, falling in love"

"We're falling in love" I say and she nods. "I agree with you on that one" she says and I smile. "I don't feel bad about it though" I say and she smiles. "Neither do I, masked man" she replies to me, I pull her closer to me.

*Karina's POV*

Wow, this was amazing. If this is Louis I swear I will die happy. Like even if I died in his arms now, I'd be happy. I don't care though, this guy was a charmer and I liked it.

"Settle down with me, and I'll be your safety, you'll be my lady"

The masked man whom I suspect is Louis spins me around. I felt like Cinderella. I laugh then he pulls me straight back to him.

"I was made to keep your body warm, but I'm cold as the wind blows so hold me in your arms"

We kinda just swayed with the other couples who we're kissing. Let's just say the teachers didn't care about PDA (Public Display of Affection). That rhymed, that's cool.

"I've been feeling everything, from hate to love"

"From love to lust" I say and his eyes shine bright, the light was hitting behind him and it was a beautiful sight.

"From lust to truth"

"I guess that's how I know you" The mystery guy says and I smile.

We sway for the last chorus, eyes locked and my heart's coming out of my chest. His blue eyes look at me like he's seeing everything I am, like he knows every part of me and I know that I let him into me.

"Kiss me like you wanna be loved"

Is it Louis? Is it another guy? I didn't really care, he was such a sweet guy and he was pretty hot too that was enough for me tonight.

*Diane's POV*

Karina's now left and here I am, sitting alone like every per year. I get sick and tired of sitting down for the night and decide to walk to the pond at the school. It's the same every year, all the girls have a guy and I'm left here. I'm just invisble, I guess. I grab my coat and walk up the stairs. I walk out of the corridor and the cool air hits me, I put my coat on and I begin to walk to the pond.

I still remember every time that this would happen, I'd go home and I'd cry to my brother. I'd always ask him am I pretty? Am I good enough? Why don't guys like me? He'd always reply you deserve better. The right guy will come along. You better than all them other girls. I wished he was here with me, it's been my fourth year and I have never danced with a guy at the masquerade ball. I'm pathetic, I know.

Our school was a rich, old looking school; it's been here for a while now. It had heaps of buildings, some new and some old but the best thing about it was gardens around the school. They were all beautiful. I walk down the pathway and I see it's full of lanterns and I pass the familiar lightpost. I take the left turn and I see the pond. It was full of lanterns and it was such a beautiful sight.

The pond never had lanterns until this year so it was something new. I cherished this and I take the seat next to an old, massive tree which was kind of like a shelter. I sit down and take deep breaths, I feel something run down my face and I touch it. It was a tear, why am I crying? Why did this get to me? I've always been alone in the masquerade ball, this isn't any different. Thank god my makeup was waterproof. I put so much effort in myself this year, I don't even know why I tried. Next year, I'm going in trackies.

*Harry's POV*

I walk outside to get a breather and I sit on the steps. I've probably circled the whole center hall like a million times but I've never seen a girl which I fancied. All the guys had someone to dance with while me, no one. I guess no one caught my attention which was weird cause my attention can caught pretty easily.

I decide to walk down a path. I end up between two paths. One lit by a lightpost and lanterns, another dark with no light whatsoever so I take the lightpost path. I walk down and see a pond filled with lanterns. There's a chair. I could sit there.

I go and sit down and I see a girl beside me. I try to sit on the other edge just incase I piss her off. The girl looks at me and sends me a warm smile. She had a beautiful smile. I kinda got distracted by her, I watch her look into the pond, her dress reflected in the water and she was just- wow. wow.

"You look gorgeous" I say and she looks at me, intently. I guess she was trying to see if I was saying the truth.

*Diane's POV*

"You look gorgeous" the mystery guy with the mask says. I look at him, trying to see if he was joking. Doesn't look like it. He was pretty chilled, arms behind his head; me I was completely different. My hands we're right in front of me and my body pretty much leaned into the pond.

"Thanks" I say and look back at the pond. I saw his reflection and he was looking at me too.

"What are you doing here? A gorgeous girl like you should be dancing with a guy on the dancefloor" he says and it kinda hurt me, even though it was a compliment.

"Every year I haven't danced with a guy so please, don't joke around cause I already feel pathetic" I say and I watch him as he inches closer to me.

"I'm not joking around. You look stunning in that dress" he replies and I turn to the pond again.

I didn't know what to do or what to say so I reply "Thanks, nice bow tie" he smiles at me, pulling on his bow tie. I lightly laugh and his smile becomes wider.

"What's a guy like you doing here? I bet girls were drooling over you" I ask breaking the silence. This was the closest I've ever been to a guy at the masquerade ball. I notice his curls, those curls, famous curls. Harry. Harry was sitting next to me, oh great.

"What's that supposed to mean? You're drooling over me?" He asks me cheekily and winks. Yep. That's Harry Styles. He chuckles and I laugh.

"You wish. I mean why are you here?" I reply and he laughs again. "I needed a breather and all the girls there were the same" he replies and I look to his reflection in the pond.

"So, mystery girl. Tell me about yourself" mystery guy- who's most likely Harry says and I think what to say.

"Well, my parents have always raised me with a passion of music. Um. I'm an only child. Yeah, there's nothing really to say" I reply and he smiles.

"Favorite artists?" he asks me and I smile. This was easy.

"Ne-Yo or Ed Sheeran" I reply and continue "What about you?" he joins me, also leaning into the pond but facing me, not letting go of my gaze.

"Ed Sheeran is amazing right? Coldplay's really cool to me and The Fray" he says and I turn my body to face him.

"Yeah, his music has so much meaning. Same with Coldplay, I love The Scientist.. that song is beautiful" I say and he nods and his hands begin to move around helping explain what he says.

"I know right! Have you heard Clocks by Coldplay?" He asks and we're getting into a conversation.

*Harry's POV*

Her music sense is amazing. Ne-Yo to Coldplay, like come on that's two different music genres. She's gorgeous and loves music, she's already perfect to me. It's like a dream come true to me. It's a shame no guy has tried to get to know her, she's such an easygoing person to talk to.

"Yeah! I love the piano in Clocks. It was just so perfectly fitted for the song" she replies. Her smile becomes wider and I swear I could fall to my knees for her. Okay, this better be no joke from the guys or I am going to kill them.

"You're kidding me?!" I say and she looks confused.

"What are you talking about? I'm not kidding about any of this" she replies. I take a deep breath, she's actually serious.

"I don't believe this, how can you be so perfect and no guy wants to dance with you?" I ask throwing my hands in the air. My masked girl- you heard me MINE. My masked girl laughs at me and she was becoming so much happier than from when I said hi to her.

"I'm nowhere near perfect” she replies and I give her a pfft and she sends me a honest smile.

“I’m serious. I’m imperfect, not the other way around” the masked girl says throwing her hands in the air dramatically like me.

“Right then, Ms. Imperfect. Dance with me” I say, standing up and giving her my hand.

She takes it “Sure thing, Mr. Perfect” she replies to me and I grab her by the waist.

“Have you heard of I Wouldn’t Mind by He Is We?” I ask her and she nods, widely smiling.

“I love it, it’s beautiful song” she replies and I tell her “Well, I’m singing it to you. Enjoy it, cause Ms. Imperfect, you deserve it” it was nice to see her smile.

I take off her coat and place it on the chair we were sitting on. I place her hand on my shoulder and place my hand on her waist. I begin to sway with her and she smiles.

"Merrily we fall out of line, out of line" I sing and she moves closer to me.

*Diane's POV*

Okay, this was Harry. I knew it. That husky tone, it had to be him. "I'd fall anywhere with you, I'm by your side" he sings and I sing with him the next line "Swinging in the rain, humming melodies" he smiles at me.

This was a picture perfect moment, picture perfect. The scenery already looks like I'm in some modern fairytale, I'm dancing with a masked guy who had a brilliant music taste. It was pretty amazing.

"We're not going anywhere until we freeze" he sings and I swear I melt inside.

“I’m not afraid anymore, I’m not afraid” the last note lingers on his lips and I have this urge to sing the next line.

“Forever is a long time” I sing and he continues, leading me away from the pond and onto the pathway.

“But I wouldn’t mind, spending it by your side” he sings and he slowly lowers me down and then lifts me back up.

“Beautiful” he says and my feelings for him just bubble up.

He starts to sing the next line of the verse “Carefully we’ll place for our destiny, you came in this heart and set it free” he lets go of my hand and points to his heart then to the sky, I laugh and he laughs too.

“Every word you write and sing is so warm to me” I sing and we twirl down the pathway and we we’re further away from any light.

“So warm to me” he sings and continues “I’m torn, I’m torn, to be right where you are” the note holds and we stop on the path but he still sings.

“I’m not afraid anymore, I’m not afraid” the husky tone sings, filling my ears with just a beautiful harmony.

“Forever is a long time” the masked man sings and I wanted that mask to be taken off now.

“But I wouldn’t mind spending it by your side” I sing with him and he flashes me another smile. It was kinda hard to be smiling throughout the dance, it was… picturesque at the minimum.

“Tell me everyday, I get to wake up to that smile” he sings by himself and I sing the next line “I wouldn’t mind it all” my hand interlocks with his and I see how small my hand was.

“I wouldn’t mind it all” he sings, looking at our hands together.

He stops and furrows his eyebrows, I begin to worry. “Did I do something wrong?” I ask and he shakes his head “No, No, not at all. I- This sounds embarrassing but I was so distracted that I just forgot the words,” he says, shyly.

A light chuckle leaves my lips and he laughs too “It’s not that bad, trust me. That dance was beautiful, thank you masked man. You’ve made my night” I say and mess up his hair.

The masked man fixes his hair looking at the ground, he laughs at me and smiles “Promise not to react okay?” he says and I nod.

“Sure, why would I react?” I ask and he takes off his mask, letting go of my hand.

No. It can’t be. How? That’s- I was dancing with Harry Styles. My feelings arose for this gentleman, who happens to be Harry Styles. It’s amazing how a mask could hide a whole identity.

“You should see your face” he says, chuckling and I laugh too.

“You’ve been so perfect for me tonight so I thought I should be completely open to you and show you who I really am” he says and I look down. I have to show myself too now don’t I?

“You don’t have to show me who you are… just as long as you tell me your name when I have finished the song” he says holding my hand again.

“I thought you said you forgot the words” I reply back to him. Harry laughs and gets ready to dance by holding me by the waist.

“I needed an excuse to stop the song” Harry  says, proving a point.

“Okay, Mr Styles. Continue” I say in a posh accent which makes him laugh again.

“You so know me” he sings and we dance in a circle again.

“Pinch me gently” his voice sings and I realize how that voice sounded so familiar.

*Harry’s POV*

She didn’t ever react, yeah she was shocked but she didn’t jump up and down or scream. She treated me the same way and I actually feel like she could love me for who I really am. She didn’t want to take off the mask but hopefully she tells me her name, that’s all I needed a name.

“I can hardly breathe” I sing and my heart was beating fast. I don’t know why or how I could fall for a girl so quickly but she seems and feels perfect in my arms. Her smile faded away then smiled again and I had to smile too.

I felt like she didn’t care that I was Harry Styles but she cared more about that I was Harry, myself, not some guy of a boy band. I liked that, a lot.

*Karina’s POV*

Oh my gosh! The time is 11:30pm; Diane’s parents are going to ground her if she isn’t home soon.  I text my dad to pick us up and hurry. I text Diane and tell her to meet me at the front of the school straight away. I didn’t know where she was but I know she wasn’t in the hall.

I turn to the masked man, who looked a lot like Louis “Thank you for the lovely night. I have to go, curfew” I say and he holds my arm.

“WAIT. Let me show you who I am first” he says and I pull my arm away from him.

“I won’t show you who I am though” I say and he replies “I don’t care, you tell me at school. You tell me what song we danced to, why I was looking for a girl and I’ll believe you” he holds my hand before I go up the stairs.

I nod and he takes off his black mask... It was Louis, every girl squealed and I pulled my hand away.

“Thank you for the lovely night, Louis but I really have to go” I say and ran up the stairs.

*Louis’ POV*

And just like that, the pretty, perfect pal of mine left. I’m left now, identity blown and wishing she’ll tell me that it was her tomorrow. Tonight was a lot of fun, a lot of fun I haven’t had in a long time. I guess being a celebrity made me forget what it was like to be myself, to muck around. I’m glad I met her, I’m glad that management sent me and the boys at this school. I feel like I have a normal life for once.

“OH MY GOD. LOUIS TOMLINSON YOU HAVE TO DANCE WITH ME” A girl screams in my face and leads me to the dancefloor, I take all that stuff about a normal life back.

*Katarina’s POV*

“Thanks, masked gangsta for tonight” I say and he smiles and waves to my mum who was waiting in the car.

“No problem, you made my night” he says and I couldn’t help but smile too. I place a kiss on his cheek and his cheeks go bright red. I laugh at him and step in the car.

I watch him walk away and he waves again. I wished I knew who he was but he would be great even as a friend.

*Niall’s POV*

She kissed me. She kissed me. I walk away and I jump, trying to touch the sky. SHE KISSED ME! I don’t even know who the girl is but SHE KISSED ME! I start hip thrusting and running around everywhere like a maniac and I pass Liam and his date.

“SHE KISSED ME!” I shout at him and run away. I probably creeped out his date but I was on top of the world so I didn’t care one bit.

I slow down and walk back now. I see Zayn with a girl too, they’re linking arms and they looked so cute together.

“OOHHHH” I shout and Zayn glares at me and his date blushes. I laugh my way back to the center hall.

*Zayn's POV*

"Will I see you tomorrow?" I ask, not letting go of her hand.

She replies with a simple "Maybe, we'll see" I hug her and she hugs back.

"Thank you for tonight" The masked girl says and I just nod and watch her step into the car.

*Tory's POV*

I step in the car and wave to the mystery guy, tonight was a fun night.

"So, how was your night girls? Any dates going on?" Katarina's mum asks and we all give the same look to each other.

"Yeah, mum. I danced with the masked gangsta" Katarina says and her mum looked at her shocked, pulling over the car.

"Masked gangsta?!" her mum asks and Katarina explains "Look, my date rapped Justin Bieber okay?" her mum laughs and she eyes me and Louise. This happens every single year, her mum pulls us over and we start talking about our night for another hour.

"Louise??" Katarina's mum asks and bats her eyelashes.

"I danced with this guy, he was really sweet. Isabel tried to take him away from me but he still ask to dance with me and everything. It was fun just hanging around him" Louise gushes and Katarina and her mum tilt their heads to the side going "awhhh" I laugh.

"Tory? Don't lie to me now" Katarina's mum says leaning on the car seat.

"Well, I danced with this guy, he sang for me a bit" I start my story but get interrupted "HE SANG?! That's Zayn hon. I already believe" Katarina's mum says and Louise and Katarina look at me like 'is he?' nope.

"No, it's not Zayn. Anyway, we just danced and he was pretty cute" I start talking again but get interrupted again "Yep, girls it's Zayn. If she called him cute, it's Zayn" Katarina's mum says and points at Louise and Katarina.

"No, it isn't him I swear" I say then get interrupted by Katarina now "Nek minut, it's Zayn" Louise laughs her head off. I can't run away from this can I?

*Diane's POV*

"I wouldn't mind it at all" Harry sings the last line and we're back to where we started. The chair near the pond. "That was beautiful, Harry" I say and he smiles and scratches the back of his head looking at the ground then looks at me with an honest smile.

Butterflies fly all around me and his hands cup my face, he inches closer to my lips and I felt it was way too early but I didn't care, I feel his warm breath near my lips and I was about to inch closer. "BZZZZZT" goes my phone and we both jump. I pick up my phone and check my message.

-----------------------------------------

Diane, we are dead if we don't get to the car soon. Meet me at the front of the school okay?

------------------------------------------

Karina sent me another one, that was the one now.

------------------------------------------

DIANE. HURRY UP! IT'S 11:45 HURRY UP!

------------------------------------------

Oh, shit. I am so grounded. "Thanks for the dance and all but I have to go" I say putting my coat on and walking as quick as I could to the front of the school.

"Wait up!" Harry shouts and I have to run. I can't let him know it was me. I'm not pretty or popular. He wouldn't like me after this.

*Harry's POV*

I didn't get her name. I was about to kiss her. I didn't get her name. I try to catch her but she was running away, fleeing the scene like we murdered someone. I try to run to get her but she was too far.

*Diane's POV*

"You forgot to tell me your name!" Harry shouts again but I was already heading into the car. I hop in and I see Harry, waiting at the front of the school. I put my head down in shame.

I just ran away from Harry Styles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I really hoped you like the chapter. I hope it didn't seem repetive and all. I just really hoped you enjoyed it because I re wrote every scene like three times. I'm really fussy like that, everything has to be perfect to me in this story.

I have some questions for you guys:

What was your favorite part in the whole thing?

Favorite song used?

Funniest moment?

Thanks for reading, Keira xx

Continue Reading