Elf of Fire and Light (Book 1...

By SexyBitch99

Miranda has grown up on earth with her parents in their cabin home in the woods. Her mother works surrounded... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91

Chapter 48

1.3K 50 0
By SexyBitch99

Miranda's POV

I was in the room with Legolas and Thranduil as he questioned Thorin.

"Some may imagine that a noble quest is at hand." Lord Thranduil said. "A quest to reclaim a homeland and slay a dragon." I couldn't help but cringe slightly as Thranduil talked about killing Smaug. Legolas noticed my grimace and looked at me with concern. I pretended not to notice as his father continued to speak. "I myself suspect a more prosaic motive. Attempted burglary. Or something of that ilk." Thranduil studied Thorin's expression and smiled. "You have found a way in. You seek that which would bestow upon you the right to rule. The king's jewel: The Arkenstone. It is precious to you beyond measure. I understand that. There are gems in the mountain that I, too, desire. White gems, of pure starlight. I offer you my help."

Thorin chuckled, "I am listening."

"I will let you go, if you are to return to me what is mine," Lord Thranduil suggested.

"A favor for a favor," Thorin said as he walked around.

"You have my word," Thranduil promised. "One king to another."

Thorin laughed darkly. "I would not trust Thranduil, the great king, to honor his word, should the end of all days be upon us! You, who lack all honor!" Thorin shouted, I could see that his accusations angered Thranduil, but I said nothing. "I have seen how you treat your friends. We came to you once, starving, homeless, seeking your help, but you turned your back! You turned away from the suffering of my people, and the inferno that destroyed us." Thorin spoke in elvish, his accent was thick, but the curse was still there.

"Do not talk to me of dragon fire!" Thranduil ordered. "I know its wrath and ruin. I have faced the great serpents of the north!" His face withered away and one of his eyes became white. I had to look away. This is what a dragon could do, what Smaug tried to do to me. What he has done to so many people. Yet, I could still not bear to see him dead. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turn to find it was Legolas. I offered him a weak smile and turned my attention back to the conversation at hand. "I warned your grandfather of what his greed would summon. But he would not listen. You are just like him. Stay here if you will and rot. A hundred years is a mere blink in the life of an elf. I'm patient. I can wait."

~*~

It was time to get ready for the feast and I was waiting for Tauriel so we could get ready together. When she arrived in my room however, she looked downcast.

"Tauriel, what's wrong?" I asked.

"He told me he would never approve of me and Legolas." She said sadly.

"Oh Tauriel, I'm so sorry!" I cried, pulling her into a hug.

"But that's okay," she said. I looked at her confused. "I think that young dwarf, the one without a beard is kind of cute. Besides, you and Legolas would make a better couple. I know you like him, don't even think about arguing with me this time. I know you do."

I looked at her sadly, "Tauriel," I began.

"No," she said. "I don't want to hear it. If you can see our future I don't want to know."

I sighed but followed her wishes, "Let's get ready then shall we?"

Unbeknownst to us, Legolas had been about to knock on my door when he stopped to listen to our conversation, he left moments later, deep in thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424K 18.6K 57
WATTYS SHORTLIST 2018 The heart desires the unreachable. A rare creature born of Middle Earth must undo the damage of her predecessor, who helped for...
249K 7.5K 45
Aúthiel has always been alone. Her dark past is splattered with blood and she struggles everyday to live with what she has done. She depends on no-on...
512 8 21
3 women expectantly find themselves in a world they read about in books. They end up helping a company of 13 dwarves and a wizard along with their n...
3.2K 92 23
Here I am back again with my Elfling series here is book l all over again If you haven't read The first or second, third or fourth book then I would...