The Last of Sansora

Bởi CesiraX

Eva is the last of her kind. She is the only one alive amongst thousands of people of her kind. She doesn't e... Xem Thêm

A/N
PROLOGUE - THE IMPERFECT
THE PARTY
THE BILLIONAIRE
THE DATE
THE PROPOSAL
THE NEWS
THE KIDNAP
THE BROTHER
THE REASON
THE REALIZATION
THE POWER
THE RESENTMENT
THE RETURN
THE CONDITION
THE DEFIANCE
THE DECISION
THE TRIP
THE OBLIGATION
THE ANNOUNCEMENT
THE FULFILLMENT
THE GRATITUDE
THE ATTRACTION
THE TRUTH
THE KISS
THE GUESTS
THE RAGE
THE ATTACK
THE TRAGEDY
THE SACRIFICE
THE REVIVAL
THE ESCAPE
THE DEFIANCE
THE AMBUSH
THE WAR
THE DEAL
THE LOSS
THE SUSPICION
THE CHAOS
THE DEPARTURE
THE RETURN II
THE CONFESSION
THE RECOVERY
THE DISCOVERY
THE PERSUASION
THE REQUEST
THE SUPPORT
THE CUPID'S VISIT
A/N

THE LOVERS

27 3 0
Bởi CesiraX

[ACE'S POV]

Moros bangs his fist against the cast iron gate of the underground cell, while I put my hands behind me and wait for the imbecile to approach me.

Ekon Khan emanates from the murky darkness of the cell, both hands and legs chained, the corner of his lips bruised. He trudges slowly towards us and wraps his fingers around the iron bars of the gate, an ureadable expression gracing his face.

"Your Highness," he speaks out. "You're alive."

"I'm disappointed they didn't rip off your arm which you'd used to hurt my beloved. That would've brought me more satisfaction than being alive." I say, giving him a hard look. "As far as I know, Exyclott holds no grudge against Elvaris. We both work together to protect Glemstone. And I personally dislike people who meddle in the affairs of others. So tell me, why would you want to help my brother overthrow me?"

"Trust me, I was going to betray him after you died. I didn't want to do it, but Elvaris went bankrupt and we needed the money." he stuttered. "Hudson promised."

"Pitiful." I scoff. "Did you know what would've happened if I actually died? Hudson was already walking around with a curse on his head. You'll have brought another curse onto your own people, but all you cared about was money. It's very obvious you're not fit to be king."

"Ace, I'm sorry. I was helpless...and stupid. I am begging for your forgiveness."

"There's no need for that, Ekon, because I'm going to kill you anyway. You took Damaris away from me. You slaughtered my warriors. You even dared to touch Otis. You wanted to capture the only Sansoran left for Hudson. So do you know what I'm going to do?" I growl, tightening my grip on the metal bars. "I'm going to behead you and hang your head on the flag of Exyclott. Also I am going to add Elvaris to my territories. Your people would live under my rule."

"B-But please! I have a son, Ace! Please spare my life. I wasn't going to torture the Sansoran. In fact, I was going to protect her..."

My fist rams into his face before he can continue. He staggers back, cupping his broken nose.

"Don't you ever..." I growl. "...speak of protection. You're far from that."

"Your Highness...." Moros touches my shoulder to calm me down.

"Ace, the Sansorans used to live close to Elvaris before they were captured by the Exyclottans." Ekon speaks out, walking towards me again. "Until they were captured, they were healing our soldiers, making us immortal. I was angry at Hudson as well for killing them all and taking them away from the Elvarians. It was my plan to protect the last one of them too. Trust me, I may not be as evil as you think."

"It's because of the same Hudson you were trying to help that Eva has been stripped of her powers. I'd be foolish to believe you actually want to protect her. You were helping the same person who wanted to hurt her."

"What?" he asks, looking perplexed. "She no longer has her powers? How?"

"She used them to bring me from the dead. And now she lost them. She might not know this, but I'm worried for the next generation of Sansorans to come. They might not have their legitimate powers too, all because of Hudson whom you were assisting."

Ekon chuckles softly, shaking his head. "You don't have to worry, Ace. The next generation of Sansorans shall have their healing powers as they should. As long as she has the tattoo on her neck."

I frown, going closer to hear more. "What do you mean?"

"The healing powers of Sansora are not inherited. They are gifted from Sutr herself. As long as you're born of a Sansoran woman, you would have it, regardless of whether she has her powers or not. Only and only if the mark of Sansora still remains on her neck. I know this for sure." Ekon tells me.

Moros and I exchange surprised looks.

"So will she gain her powers back?" Moros asks.

"I'm afraid not. The loss is permanent, but she's not useless. Sansora will still thrive."

I step away and sigh in relief. My mother will be proud of me, wherever she was. And I couldn't wait to give Eva the news.

"Thank you for the information, Ekon Khan." I say with a tiny smirk. "I shall pay you handsomely for this good news. Which will be your inevitable death."

Ekon visibly trembles as he practically stutters. "B-But Ace, my son. You can't...."

"Have a good day, Ekon." I finally give a sinister smile and exit the dungeon. I look next to me at Moros and he looks worried. I immediately stop walking and turn to face him.

"Your puppy eyes are not stopping me from executing the imbecile, Moros. His offence is unforgivable." I state plainly.

"I know, but don't waste his life. He's precious. We can add him to the army. He'll go to war with us, but will still be our captive." Moros explains.

"No, Moros..."

"Please," he interjects. "I know I'm not in the position to tell you what to do. I'm only your assistant. But I'm just requesting that you spare his life."

"What nonsense are you speaking, old man? You are like a father to me. You've always been. I can't believe you only thought of me as your king." I say disapprovingly. "If I'm alive today, it's also because of you. You saved me from the dungeon my brother put me in. After my father died, you've always been there for me."

A small smile takes over his lips. "I promised myself that I'll do anything to make you king. I'm very proud of you. But please, spare his life."

I sigh in annoyance. I'm not never doing this again. "Alright. But he must lose one body part at least. And that's final."

"An eye?"

"A limb." I correct him.

"Ace, how would he possibly go to war with a detached limb?"

"Okay. An eye it is." I give in reluctantly.

"Yes, Your Highness." Moros bows.

Without second thought, I pull him into a manly hug, patting him twice on the back. It's weird because I'm never done this before. And then I say out the words I've always forgot to speak, but which I truly felt.

"I love you, Moros." I whisper out.

"I love you more, son." he emphasizes. My lips form a smile as I pull away. It's been a long time since I've been called that. And it feels great. I'd lost my family. Now he was the only family I had left.

"Okay. That was enough hugging." I say, putting my stoic face back on. "You should go and detach Ekon's eye."

"What about your mother, and your sister? What would you do about them?"

"They'll be stripped of their titles." I decide.

"I'm surprised you didn't throw them in the...."

"Your Highness," a child's voice interrupts Moros. We look behind us to see Otis, a wide grin on his face. I used to think kids were hideous, but this one was special.

"Hello Otis." I smile pleasantly.

"I'm glad you're alive! I just met Lady Eva. She asked me to bring you this." he says, giving me a small piece of paper which I take.

I frown. "She did?"

Otis nods. "Yes. I swear I didn't read it."

"Thank you, Otis. You may go." I say. He bows and leaves. I curiously open the note and read it.

I'm up for a strip show! Meet me at the courtyard.

Xoxo,
Eva.

Thank Goodness Otis didn't read this! But it doesn't make me any less intrigued.

"I think I should go." Moros says, a teasing smile playing on his lips. Patting me on the shoulder, he adds, "Have fun."

A smirk forms on my lips as I think of Eva's message. I'm coming, Kitten!

✴✴✴

[EVA'S POV]

Ace will be so disappointed if he found out that there wasn't going to be a strip show. I've teased him twice today, and I can't help but find his reactions hilarious. I patiently wait for him, seated on one of the benches in the courtyard, clad in a beautiful white gown instead of a lingerie.

I feel my heart thumping against my chest, and I don't know the why, until I spot Ace walking in my direction. He looks so gorgeous with that smirk on his face, and his jacket matching his green eyes. I don't know why my body is reacting this way, like I'm meeting my highschool crush for the first time.

I muster a wide smile as he approaches me. He looks me up and down like he was not expecting me to be fully clothed.

"Hello," I say softly, holding up a rose between us. "A beautiful rose, for my beautiful king."

He takes the rose with a smile and smells it. "It's indeed beautiful."

"Not as much as you. My apologies, I couldn't find any flower that could match your beauty, Your Highness." I say teasingly. My eyes don't miss the blush that taints the tip of his ears as he throws back his head and laughs.

"Why are you being so romantic today? What are you up to?" he asks, smirking.

I play with the buttons of his jacket as I shrug. "Nothing much. I just wanted us to have some alone time."

He audibly sighs. "So you lied to me."

"I thought it will be funny." I giggle.

"It's not. I was super prepared for the strip show. The thought of it even gave me a bone--"

"Shhhh." I shush him, placing my finger on his lips as he rolls his eyes. He swats my hand away.

"I'm upset." he states plainly.

"I'm sorry." I pout, making puppy eyes at him.

"Fine. But I'm still making you pay. Shouldn't you be with Baxter anyway?" he asks.

"No. I should be with you. And Baxter's having a moment with Athena. I think she likes him. And he likes her too." I tell him, placing my hands on either sides of his taut waist.

"What?" he asks. "So soon?"

"It only takes less than a second, Ace. What about you? Are you going to sentence Ekon Khan to death?"

He says nothing, just turns me around, such that my back faces him. I feel him smooth his thumb over the nape of my neck and then he softly kisses it.

"Ace?" I scowl in confusion, ignoring the tingles on my skin. I again feel his wrap his arms around my waist like a heavy blanket and bury his face in the crook of my neck.

"My precious." he mutters out. "Mine."

I chuckle. "Let's not be hasty." I say teasingly.

"You are mine to protect and you'll always be." he says.

"What is going on? You are supposed to be my guest, not the other way round."

"You still have the mark of Sansora." he says.

"I know. And?"

"If you have children, they will still have their healing powers."

I gasp in surprise. "Are you serious?"

"Mhm. Sutr did not abandon you."

"Well, how do you know that?"

"Ekon told me." he says. "So I'm sparing his life. Except he's losing an eye."

I frown. "Come on, Ace."

"It's justice. At least, he'll have his life."

I smile and lift my hand to cup his cheek. "Thank you. For protecting me. And being there for me ever since you first met me. You would say it's your duty, which is apparently true. But I know you love me. And I love you too."

"I know. You can't help it." he teases, and I playfully elbow him. He groans softly and laughs.

"I want us to adopt Otis." I say out of the blue.

"Hm?"

"Anytime I'm around him, I feel this cosmic connection..."

Ace laughs. "Oh Eva! I know how much you love Otis. Of course, we can adopt him. It's obvious he likes you too. He'll be over the moon about it."

I nod with a thankful smile as we remain standing in the middle of the courtyard, the cool breeze washing over our bodies. It feels great to have the man I have around me. I already feel this strong connection between us, and we might have a beautiful future together. I can feel it in my gut.

"Well, if we do get married, we can have more kids besides Otis." I say, before I am instantly turned around to meet Ace's green eyes and smirking lips.

"Why then? Why not now?" he asks, his eyes filled with amusement. I snicker and playfully shove him, though he doesn't move an inch.

"Stop playing." I snap.

"I love to play." he says hoarsely, pulling a strand of hair away from my face. He gazes into my eyes, as if he was searching for something. I find myself staring back, totally lost in his. Slowly, he leans in, his breath causing tingles on my skin, and his lips dangerously close to mine. I can feel my heart beating fast and loudly, my breathing becoming rapid. I think he notices it, because his eyes flash with amusement. I lick my lips readily leaning in too.

And then, just as our lips are almost touching, he turns his lips away from mine and kisses the nape of my neck instead. I immediately snap out of my trance, realising this was the pay back I was getting for what I did earlier.

"Hey!" I retort.

"How do you feel having a taste of your own medicine, Miss Cardale?" he asks, bringing his fist down to my lips as an imaginary microphone.

I frown and shove his fist away. "You idiot."

He laughs at me and pulls me into his side. "I love you."

"Now I don't."

"You're always lying." he accuses. "Your eyes are betraying you."

"Whatever." I mutter grumpily.

"Don't worry, we shall have a good time together after we finish meeting our people. I'll surely get my strip show then, and you'll also get your kiss." he winks.

"Wait, did you say 'our' people?" I ask, confused.

He nods and kisses my forehead. "I'm all yours, Cardale and so is everything that belongs to me of which you selflessly protected." he says, and I smile coyly, looking down. My smile however fades, when I feel something being slipped onto my finger. I gasp at the beautiful ornament: a shiny gold ring with a green jewel sitting on the centre.

"Ace...what is this?"

"It's yours," he says, leaning close to my ear. "It's made of queen material."

My face falls at his words and I slowly shake my head. "Look, Ace. I don't think I'm good enough to be Queen. I have no leadership skills, no experience, nothing. All my life, I've been a subordinate, someone who literally everyone walked on. I don't think I can...."

"Cardale," Ace cuts me off, his hands resting on my shoulders. "The past is in the past. Every leader begins with service, which you have experience in. Think of what you can be now. I don't know what you see when you look in the mirror, but when I look at you, I see more than an average Sansoran. I see a strong willed, compassionate woman. I see purpose. I see idealism. I see love for Exyclott and Sansora. I see a queen, Cardale. And I surely know that one day, you'll become one."

My lips break into a smile as I wrap my arms around his large body. I felt something new within me. A very foreign feeling seeped into my body. I felt confident, for the first time in my life. "Thank you for believing in me, Ace."

"I thank Sutr for giving you a heart of gold." he says back, nudging his face into my neck.

However if we were going to compare my heart to materials, I'll say it's made of plastic, but I'm not ready for another Lockmore speech so I'm just gonna let it slide.

There were more important things to focus on. Like the fact that I'm no longer a common waitress, or a supernatural, or even just the Last of Sansora....I'm so much more.

THE END

Ta-da!!!! This brings us to the end of  The Last of Sansora. Vote if you liked it and comment honestly. Thanks  💙💚💛💜

QOTD: Write the name [s] of your celebrity crush [es] backwards in the comments section. I'll go first:

Nad Sdlonyer
Nayr Sdlonyer
•Mik Gnuyheat
Sirhc Htrowsmeh

🎵
Song Recommendations:
Believer by Imagine Dragons  👌
Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion  👌
Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

2.5K 122 36
Anyone who has grown up in a home filled with volatility and sinister secrets or who has seen it will agree that child abuse is wrong and repulsive...
158K 6.9K 33
***Top 55 of Harlequin's So You Think You Can Write Contest*** Elaine Archer didn’t always know she was different, not until her accident in sixth g...
269K 10.8K 55
𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗁 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝗈𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗀𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖺 𝗆𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖼𝗋𝗂𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗒. 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗅𝗒 𝖺𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗍𝗈𝗐𝗇�...
6.3K 463 20
When Cora, a young woman with the gift of healing, is taken captive she goes on a harrowing journey through the amazon rainforest with the alluring a...