Shock Waves | Complete | (Fir...

Door abbyapple9878

When her dad gets a new job, Mia Patterson and her family are forced to move to San Francisco. After Mia disc... Meer

The Discovery | Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty

Chapter Twenty Eight

22 6 0
Door abbyapple9878

Mia walked into the school building, sighing at the thought of going to all of her classes. The school had finally caught up with where she was at which meant that she actually had to listen.

Mia noticed that everyone seemed to be talking. People always talked at school, obviously, but now they were being really loud and animated. Blake walked up to her from his locker. "What are they all talking about?" Mia asked.

"Shock," he responded with a smug grin.

Mia was shocked to hear that and gasped quietly. "Wait, really?" she asked, her eyebrows scrunched in confusion and her mouth wide open.

"Yep. Not only that, but it's all over the news. Did you seriously not see any of it?" he asked with a chuckle.

Mia felt a blush creep up her cheeks. "I just went home and crashed right after. It was exhausting. But that's crazy. I was on the news," she exclaimed in a whisper. She was smart enough to realize that they were in a public place.

Suddenly, Mia felt a hand on her waist and saw Blake tense up. Mia looked over her shoulder to see Charlie looking down at her. "Hey," she greeted, feeling her love for him overwhelm anything and everything else.

"Hey," he greeted before kissing her lightly on the lips. Mia turned to him before putting her hands on his chest.

"Ugh, do that in private," Blake told them, pretending to gag.

Mia pulled away before laughing lightly. "Sorry," she apologized, her hands on Charlie's defined chest and her cheeks flushed a bright red. She pulled away from him a bit so that he stood behind her, once again holding her

"Anyway, we should probably hang out after school, right?" Blake wondered, starting to lighten up.

"Totally," she agreed with a light smile. Mia felt Charlie stiffen from behind her. "Carpool? I'm sure Tori can get a ride with one of her friends."

The bell rang and Mia sighed. "I have to go to my first class," she told Charlie sadly.

"I'll miss you." He leaned in lightly at the same time that she did and they kissed.

For some reason, although she loved it and loved him more than anything, she couldn't help but feel like it was wrong. All her emotions were telling her that it was perfect but a tiny spot in her head hated it.

Mia pulled away, her breathing slowed. "I'll see you at lunch," she told him, sighing in disappointment.

"Yeah, see you," he agreed.

Mia walked off, making her way to her classroom and hoping she wouldn't be late.

***

"Miss. Patterson?" Mia's trigonometry teacher, Mrs. Naver, said, obviously trying to get her attention.

"What was the question?" she asked.

"I was asking whether or not you were listening. Obviously you were not," she scolded.

Mia flushed. "Sorry, I've been thinking about a lot of stuff. I'll try to focus more now. Sorry."

"Since you are the top student, I will let it go. But don't show this behavior again."

"I won't. Promise."

The truth was, Mia couldn't stop thinking about Charlie and Blake. As much as she loved Charle (which was a lot), she couldn't get rid of this nagging feeling. It was like, her emotions loved him but her mind didn't. But then, when she kissed Blake, everything came together.

What was going on? Mia seriously needed to figure things out. And not only what was going on, but also what her true feelings were.

***

Mia walked out of the big doors, heading in the direction of Blake's car. She'd talked to Tori during lunch and they decided that she would just get a ride from one of her friends and Mia would go with Blake.

Mia almost tripped while walking down the stairs. Thankfully, somebody grabbed her waist before she could humiliate herself by falling flat on her face. Mia looked up to see Charlie. "Thanks," she said, steadying herself.

"No problem. Wouldn't want you to get hurt." Mia blushed but couldn't help thinking of how he'd slapped her the other day.

"Well, I have to go. I'm gonna train with Blake," she told him.

"No, don't leave me," he whined jokingly. At least, she thought it was a joke.

"Okay," she agreed, realizing she would only ever be happy if she stayed with him. "Let me just go tell Blake," she told him.

"Okay, but come back soon."

Mia walked over to Blake's car. "Hey," he greeted.

"Hey, so... ugh... I can't hang out," she blurted.

Blake frowned and scrunched his eyebrows. "And why not?"

"I'm gonna hang out with Charlie," she whispered.

"Really? I can't believe you. I know that you love him or whatever but you already made plans with me. You know what, I'll just hang out with Drew," he told her.

Suddenly, Mia could only feel anger and hate towards Blake. "You are the worst," she told him. "I mean, you can't just do that!"

"Do what?" he wondered, his voice extremely calm compared to her screams. "Hang out with Drew? That's exactly what you're doing."

"Yeah, but Charlies my boyfriend and you're just doing it in anger!" she yelled.

"I'm the angry one?" he asked with an eye roll.

"YES!" she yelled. There were a few moments of silence before Mia spoke, and when she did, it was something she never thought it would ever be what she ended up saying. "I hate you," she told him, her voice eerily calm. And with that, Mia walked back to Charlie, not even realizing what she'd just done as her emotions controlled her every thought. Every movement she made. Every beating of her heart.

For some reason, Mia felt a tear trickle down her face but it didn't make sense. She was angry, not sad. Hate filled her body as tears fell down her face, as if pushing out the sadness.

Mia wiped them away quickly before running over to Charlie and kissing him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. She felt him smile against her lips but ignored it, just wanting to forget all that had happened.

When she pulled away, she was out of breath. "We should go," Charlie told her. Mia nodded in agreement, grabbing his hand and walking towards her car.

"You took the bus, right?" she wondered.

"Yep. Just like always," he told her with a bright smile.

While Mia was on her way to Charlie's car, she saw Blake. His eyes were glistening and his face was pained. She would have felt bad had she not been so furious with him.

Mia shrugged off all of her feelings towards Blake and focused once again on Charlie. "Let's go to Starbucks," she suggested before hopping into the drivers seat. Charlie nodded before Mia started the car and drove out of the parking lot, leaving behind any positive feelings she had for Blake only to be replaced with fury and hate.

***

Mia flopped onto her bed, completely exhausted. She'd been out the entire night, both hanging out with Charlie and doing things with Tori. Suddenly, Mia heard her phone ring. She grunted but picked it up never-the-less.

"Hello?" she greeted.

"Big crisis. It seems to be an octopus made out of water. It's at Bay Bridge. Come as soon as possible and wear your suit," Mr. Payson told her in a rush, getting straight to the point.

"I'll be there in ten," she told him, already hopping to her feet. "I have to go. Bye." Mia walked over to her desk, opening the drawer and grabbing her suit before changing as quickly as she could.

Mia turned invisible before running outside of her room as silently as possible. She crept out the door, feeling more thankful than ever that her dad went to bed at 7:00.

She walked out the front door, shutting it quietly behind her and walked over to her car. She hopped in and grabbed her keys from the bag she'd grabbed to take with her. She became visible again and turned on the ignition.

She was wearing a long sleeved, dark purple dress over it and she had taken off the coat temporarily. That way, they wouldn't know it was her and couldn't figure out who it was just because of her license plate.

***

Mia parked about five minutes away from the tragedy. She snuck out of her car before walking over to an alley and switching her dress with her coat. She shoved her dress in her backpack before throwing it back in her car and heading to the bridge.

As soon as she stepped on the pavement, she could tell it would be a hard battle to win. The octopus had already caused immense damage.

Mia rushed over, not even stopping to memorize the octopus's moves. She just got into the fighting, realizing that she needed to destroy that thing as soon as was humanly possible.

Mia took a deep breath before using her concentration to create lightning. She shot it out of her hands, noticing that it seemed to come easier. Not easy, but easier.

She watched as the lightning passed through the water (when editing, I'll look stuff up about it and get more technical and actually right about the facts and stuff), doing almost nothing. How was she going to destroy this thing?

Mia studied the monster for a few seconds. She knew she didn't have much time so she tried to think fast.

Suddenly, it came to her. Mia's eyes lit up as she thought of what she was about to do. Mia took one more deep breath in and exhaled, ridding herself of her fears too. She knew that she couldn't have any emotions controlling her for what she was about to do.

She ran over to the octopus, creating lightning in her hands. She made it as hot as she could, hoping beyond hope that her idea would work and she would be able to destroy the monster.

Before she was able to do anything, though, she felt water wrap around her, surrounding her whole body. She felt her lungs reach for air but coming up with none. She was smashed against the railing and heard a crack.

She felt pain roll through her like waves (get it? Lol). It started in her left wrist but was spreading through the rest of her rapidly.

Suddenly, the water let out and she was free. She gasped for breath, cradling her left wrist with her right. She knew immediately that it was broken but she didn't have any way to fix it.

She knew she wouldn't be able to move as fast and immediately started thinking of other ways to save everyone.

Mia gasped when she thought of the answer. It was so simple. She couldn't believe she hadn't thought of it earlier. It wasn't even a brand new idea. It just added to the previous idea.

Mia sucked in a breath before turning herself invisible for the second time that day. She started walking towards the monster slowly. She let go of her hand gently before working on creating lightning.

When she got close enough, she made it as big as she could. She put all of her energy and concentration and everything in her into that one ball of lightning. It became ginormous. It was at least three feet tall and two feet wide. She made it as hot as she could and watched as the water evaporated. Not just the monster though. All of the water within ten feet of her became mist.

The heat was so intense, that she felt like she was burning again. She could almost see the fire monster staring down at her as her chest and entire body burned, leaving boils and welts that would haunt her for months.

Mia fell down just as the lightning died out. She knew that she had to stay awake. She had to help those people. But even as she tried to stand up, she knew it was no use. And soon enough, the light turned to darkness and the rest of the world died away.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

12.3K 378 44
They only have 1 goal - destroy Michael's empire. Christian and Mia have no other intentions beside the collapse of her father's life. Who would have...
12.5K 1.2K 46
Mia, a young girl from Manhattan falls in love with Liam who was her former bestfriend. However, the day she decided to confess this to her high scho...
13.5K 513 25
18+ Loosely based on Romeo and Juliet set in a magical fae world. Two powerful families have ruled over the the dark and light fae for thousands of y...
1.7K 730 62
Mia, valedictorian since Year 6, but guarded by her fears of failing, who is attracted to Oliver, must help her overcome her demons of the past. Why...