Prince of Knights (An Arabic...

By TheQueenofDarkness

Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Historical Fiction. Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Spiritua... More

MUST read if you want to read further :)
Prince of Knights (A Muslim's Love Story)
Prince of Knights Chp1
Prince of Knights Chp2
Prince of Knights Chp3
Prince of Knights Chp4
Prince of Knights Chp5
Here to answer Questions.
Prince of Knights Chp6
Prince of Knights Chp7
Prince of Knights Chp8
20 facts about the Queen.
Prince of Knights Chp9
Prince of Knights Chp10
Prince of Knights Chp11
Prince of Knights Chp12
Prince of Knights Chp13
Prince of Knights Chp14
Prince of Knights Chp15
Prince of Knights Chp16
Prince of Knights Chp17
Prince of Knights Chp18
Prince of Knights Chp19
Prince of Knights Chp20
Prince of Knights Chp21
Prince of Knights Chp22
Prince of Knights Chp23
Prince of Knights Chp24
Prince of Knights Chp25
Prince of Knights Chp26
Prince of Knights Chp27
Final decision
Prince of Kights Chp28
Prince of Knights Chp29
Prince of Knights Chp30
Prince of Knights Chp31
Prince of Knights Chp32
Prince of Knights Chp33
Prince of Knights Chp34
Book Cover!
Prince of Knights Chp35
Prince of Knights Chp36
Prince of Knights Chp37
Prince of Knights Chp38
Prince of Knights Chp39
Prince of Knights Chp40
Prince of Knights Chp41
Prince of Knights Chp42
Eagle of Knights
Prince of Knights Chp43
Prince of Knights Chp44
Prince of Knights Chp45
Prince of Knights Chp46
Nominated for Best Spiritual book
Prince of Knight Chp47
Prince of Knights Chp48
Prince of Knights Chp49
Prince of Knights Chp50
Prince of Knights Chp51
Prince of Knights Chp52
Prince of Knights Chp53
Here to help Muslim Authors
Prince of Knights Chp54
Prince of Knights Chp55
Prince of Knights Chp56
Prince of Knights Chp57

Prince of Knights Chp58

39.3K 2.8K 1K
By TheQueenofDarkness

Welcome to the LAST chapter of Prince of Knights.  I did not want to write it like the most cliche last chapters. It gives a slight glimpse of Eagle of Knights and has a normal pace. 

~*If you were at the level of my madness, you would throw your world, and sleep in my eyes~*

Five months later 

Branches of the palm trees swayed in the humid wind. The dates had transformed from green to brown, ready to be plucked by the owners and sold.

The sun was yet to reach its peak. There was not a single cloud visible in the vast sky. It was the season of no rain, but the wind still accompanied the Borkan tribe. Twirling in circles, it halted before the window of a specific room and invaded without an invitation. The intruder swayed the curtains, and the light blanket draped on the cot upon its entrance.

The chamber was almost dark. The only source of light was the lantern next to the door and the slightly open wooden window. There were two water pots next to the shelves and a large chest by the door.

The wind blushed at the sight in front of it, and it gaped, spellbound. The bride sat with her back against the wall on the floor seating, her legs crossed with her spouse, Faris resting his head on her lap. The wind placed a hand on its heart and sighed.

It tiptoed further in the room and grinned as Faris moved to his right side and grabbed Raghad's hand in his. "We will be late, Faris," Raghad whispered, caressing Faris's hair that reached his shoulders with her free hand.

"There is still a lot of time, woman. Let me rest." He brushed his thumb over her knuckles, his eyes closed.

"What if we are truly late?" Raghad now traced the scar on Faris's eyebrow, then moved the tips of her fingers over his thick eyelashes.

Faris opened his inky eyes and looked up at her and smiled. "Before coming here, I asked Nasser if everything was ready. He has yet to prepare the dates and clothes."

They sat there in silence for a while. Faris brought Raghad's hand against his chest and held it there, closing his eyes once again. His face was peaceful, something, Raghad had discerned appeared after the war.

"Faris," Raghad murmured again.

"Hmm."

"Do you ponder that Nasser shall be able to walk properly by his wedding?"

"You do not wish for me to rest, woman." Faris chuckled.

"I am serious." Raghad lightly shoved at his shoulder with her free hand.

Knight of knights inhaled. "He can walk now. We all believed Nasser would never be able to stand on his feet after the war but look at him now. Yes, he is unstable, but he can still walk," He moved further to his right so now his face was buried in her midriff. "In sha Allah, he will be able to walk and sprint by his wedding. He is a knight, after all."

"In sha Allah," Raghad repeated with absolute faith.

Faris kissed her midriff over her jalabiya. "In sha Allah, by then, my son will be born as well," with that, he tenderly rested his cheek against the swelling on Raghad's belly.

"What if it is not a son?" Raghad looked down as he gazed at her midriff.

"Children are a blessing from Allah, Raghad," His eyes closed. "However, by Allah, I would rather have a daughter."

Raghad laughed, making the wind smile with her. "Is that so, prince Faris?"

"Indeed. I do not believe I have the forbearance to tackle another Faris."

"Oh, yes. I know the agony." Raghad jested, removing her scarf from her shoulders.

They sat in silence yet once again, and Raghad hearkened to Faris recite verses of the Quran under his breath and gently blow on her midriff. His action reminded her of their wedding day, how her spouse had held her hands and recited verses from the Quran.

A grin decorated her lips. How fearful she was of the man who now held her. The resentment she had for Faris was so much that it consumed her. However, this man, not even for a day, loathed her. Faris deliberately became her foe to shield her.

"Did you converse with Shouq?" Faris questioned once done with his recitation.

"I did actually."

"What is her verdict?" Here Faris opened his eyes.

Raghad bit her lip. "She acknowledges that Shaheen is of a noble family. A good man. A man of his religion."

"However?" Faris's eyes crinkled at the ends.

"However, Shouq does not wish to wed now."

"I never stated now, Raghad."

"She is aware of that, Faris. You must understand she does not see Shaheen as her spouse."

Faris tusked. "This girl has rejected far men than any other woman would. Shaheen, I believe, is the most dependable among all those who wished for her hand."

"He may be, but Shouq does not want that." Raghad looked down at him.

"And I cannot force her." Faris frowned.

"Indeed, we mustn't." Raghad did not wish Shouq to experience what occurred to her. Her matrimony was to prevent bloodshed, but it caused too much pain and agony for both her and Faris. "Shall we depart now?"

"No, there is still time. We must commence after Duhur prayer." With his head still on Raghad's lap, Faris brought his hands around her in an embrace. He entwined his fingers over Raghad's back.

"Badr will arrive by then."

"I believe so, yes," Faris looked up. "When will he take over as the leader of the Rashideen."

Raghad's face fell. "I do not know. With father's health worsening every day, Badr is preoccupied with so many responsibilities."

"Do not grieve, Raghad. Sheikh Faisal will be well, in sha Allah," His fingers gently pressed against her back in assurance. "Find Badr a woman. I am certain she will aid him." He jested to veer Raghad's train of thoughts.

"A bride!" Raghad huffed. "Whenever our mother mentions his marriage, Badr leaves the tent. He believes he cannot bring a woman in his life with other obligations conquering his thoughts."

Faris stared at Raghad for a while. They never addressed the lives of their family members. He had merely jested with her, but his woman needed to release her frustration over Badr. Faris knew Raghad needed someone to listen to her.

And he listened.

"Why does he not comprehend that he is the leader of the Rashideen tribe. He needs a lineage. He must marry." Raghad carried on, moving her hands in the air to emphasize her point. Her movements caused her hair to cascade down her right shoulder then halt before Faris's eyes.

"Raghad, he will appraise your mother whenever he feels the time is suitable." Faris's eyes twinkled in recreation at her outburst. Ever since she informed him of her pregnancy, Raghad's outbursts always delighted him.

"Badr is almost thirty-three summers, Faris. When will be the right time for him."?

"Men like us put our duties as leaders before other affairs."

"You mean to state you did not wish to marry before what transpired?" Faris knew she meant Salem's false accusation and their sudden marriage.

He shook his head, then encircled her hair around his fingers. "Just like Badr, I had a tribe to defend."

Raghad pursed her lips. "Not even to Adhari?"

Faris laughed. He moved to lay on his back, then lifted both of his hands to Raghad's face. The knight brought her forehead to his lips and kissed her skin. That moment as she bent, Raghad's glossy hair curtained them from the wind that peered at them in utmost eagerness.

"Not even to Adhari. Indeed, mother wished for her to be my spouse, but I never envisioned that." Faris moved her face, so now their eyes met, with her hair still curtaining them.

"Not even once?" Her big brown eyes blinked at him.

Faris smirked, running his thumb on her cheek. His eyes took in her crimson cheeks, her prominent jaw at their proximity. "It might have traversed my mind once or twice."

A frown appeared on Raghad's forehead, and she made to move away from him, from her bent posture. However, Faris tightened his grip around her neck and brought her brown eyes to his dark ones.

"This, right here. The fire in these big brown eyes does not permit Faris to even envision another woman alongside him."

"He better not." Raghad smiled, tapping twice at his forehead with her finger, then she kissed his forehead.

Faris peered at Raghad for a while. Then he removed his hands from her face. "Sit straight, or you might harm yourself." He rose to sit as well.

"It is almost time for the call to prayer," Raghad stated, collecting her hair.

"Yalla, let us depart now." Faris held out his hand for her to take. With a bashful smile, Raghad wrapped her fingers around his and stood up.

As soon as she was on her feet, Faris's eyes moved to her midriff, and he inhaled. "Alhamdulillah."

"Faris," Raghad called again.

"Yes?"

"Sheikh Mubarak must do it."

Faris raised his brows at her a smile on his lips. "Indeed, it has always been our father and mother to distribute clothes and grains to the tribe. Now, that my spouse is with a child and the conflict has ended between our tribes, Father wishes you to do it," the knight caressed his thumb on Raghad's forehead to ease the frown between her brows.

"Very well, but I wish to have Shouq beside me."

At this, Faris threw his head back and chuckled. "Why is it that you two always yearn the same. Before coming here, Shouq demanded the same." He smirked at her. "You desire my sister's presence more than me, woman."

Raghad bit her lip. "Are you envious of your sibling, knight?"

"No. if you are with her, then I am gifted with a few hours of peace."

Raghad narrowed her eyes at him and smiled. This man right here was once her nightmare. However, now he made her live peaceful dreams.

After the battle, Sheikh Mubarak had visited her tribe. He had sat with the tribe leaders, with her father and unveiled all the wrongdoings of Khaleefa. One event occurred after the other. The decades-long dispute replaced with an indestructible brotherhood. Trade surged, and now Borkan and Rashideen were one. All because of the man in front of her. Her spouse.

Her Faris.

The call of prayer sounded around the tribe, and Faris moved to grab his headdress, ready to depart for the masjid "Yalla. I will perform ablution then see you and Shouq after the prayer." Faris moved towards the door.

**

The sun reached the top of the mountains and livestock hid under tree shades from the heat. Raghad stood alongside Shouq under the shade next to Sheikh Mubarak's house and watched as her spouse distributed clothes, and grain to the tribesmen. The woman of Sheikh Mubarak's house stood a few feet away from Faris and Nasser, who did not want them to stand in the glare of the sun.

Raghad watched captivated as the knight of knights took over the duties of his father. Faris would drop his gaze with respect for the elderly. His gentle smile as the elderly conversed with him. That action of him caused pride to swell in Raghad's chest and robbed Raghad of her breath.

"You must stop gazing at your spouse, ya Raghad." Shouq's voice teased her in a low voice.

Raghad removed her gaze from Faris to his sister. "I was not gazing at him." She whispered back.

"Even with your attempt of discretion, I can still tell you are." Shouq chuckled. Raghad glared at her then shook her head.

"I always taunted Faris to hold his offsprings in my arms. I cannot believe that I will finally be able to." Shouq gently placed her chin on Raghad's shoulder.

Raghad's cheeks tingled. "Why is that?"

"Indeed, Faris never loathed you or the Rashideen tribe. However, he was always this dangerous being. I never imagined he would wed or have offspring."

"Sometimes, I believe we all have wronged Faris." Raghad leaned her head against Shouq's that rested on her shoulder.

"How so?"

"Being his spouse and you as his sister, we always ponder him as a brute." They both peered at Faris, who now moved a sack of dates to a woman's wagon.

"To some extent, he was," Shouq moved away from Raghad, afraid she might harm her.

"No, he was not." Raghad shook her head.

Shouq raised a brow at her then smirked. "Of course, you would think otherwise."

After a short pause, Ragahd started. "Faris questioned me again about your verdict."

"Regarding?"

"Your marriage."

A frown emerged on Shouq's face. "I need more time to ponder." She looked down, wrapping and unwrapping the end of her scarf around her finger.

"And you shall. Faris will not force you."

"Mother will. She is constantly urging me to give her my response. I do not wish to marry yet. I do not wish to pair with Shaheen." A shaky breath escaped her lips.

"Do you wish for me to converse with her?" Raghad peered at shouq.

"No, I will speak to her tonight. If she persists, I will have to speak to my father. He would never refuse me," Shouq pursed her lips.

They stood there, observing as more people met Faris, and walked away with food and clothes. Raghad desired to go up to Faris and perform her duty but knew that this would help divert Nasser's thoughts. Nasser was never left alone. Faris made certain that Nasser was always around his family and friends.

Raghad glanced at Shouq. "This is the second time Shaheen is asking for your hand, Shouq." She nudged the Borkan playfully.

"I am aware of that." Shouq endeavored to conceal her grin.

"I mean, he truly wishes you to be his spouse. No man would request for the woman's hand if she rejected him the first time," Raghad teased with a mischievous glint in her big brown eyes.

"Then he does not have the pride of a man," Shouq taunted.

"It is quite the opposite. Faris thinks very highly of Shaheen." Raghad slightly moved towards Shouq.

"Faris thinks highly of everyone. Just because Shaheen aided Faris in the war does not mean tha..." Shouq was cut off by Faris's voice.

"As salamu alikum Badr," At this, Raghad looked towards Faris, and a smile appeared on her lips when Badr's form came into view. She moved towards her spouse to greet her sibling. "Masha Allah, you have brought us another guest today," the knight added.

When Raghad stood next to Faris, laughter escaped her lips. A small figure rushed from Badr's side and enveloped her hands around Raghad. "Maha, finally you have decided to come here." Raghad hugged her sister back.

"She would not abandon my side all day. Maha made me give her my word that I shall allow her to accompany me," Badr shook Faris and Nasser's hand, then his gaze moved to the woman standing right behind Raghad. "Salam Alikum." He pronounced, dropping his gaze.

"Wa alikum as-Salam" At Shouq's timid response Raghad looked over her shoulder with a slight raise in her brows. Was Shouq frightened of Badr?

"You always arrive at the lunch hour, prince. Not a minute early, not a minute late," Nasser smirked and limped to stand next to Badr.

"The repast of the Borkan tribe is rather gratifying. No one can deny it." Badr placed his hand on Nasser's shoulder, smiling.

"Then you must join us for supper as well."

Raghad watched as Nasser and Badr conversed. However, from the corner of her eye, she noticed how Faris observed Badr's every move. "What is the matter, ya Badr? You appear rather disturbed?" Finally, Faris voiced his thoughts when there was no one other than them there.

Raghad watched as Badr bit the corner of his bottom lip. "Nothing, ya Faris. Just some matters of the tribe that do not wish to perish."

"What is it, Badr?" Raghad demanded, worry evident in her eyes, "Is father alright?"

Badr chuckled. "Yes, Raghad. Father is well, do not fret."

"Then what is troubling you, ya Badr?" Faris pressed again.

Badr inhaled. "Some bandits have been raiding the tribe from the past two months," Raghad opened her mouth, but Badr gently lifted his hand in the air. "Now it is not that dangerous. They are mere thieves who make a living out of our stocks. I will catch them. You know, I will."

The siblings stared at each other for a while, and then Raghad sighed, nodded. Raghad knew that Badr knew she would ask him of this later. However, in front of Maha, she had to remain hushed.

"Yalla, let us go inside and have our repast." Faris gestured towards Sheikh Mubarak's house.

"In sha Allah." Badr nodded and moved forward with Nasser not looking at Shouq.

"Maha, go with Shouq. I shall accompany you soon." Raghad told her sister, who gave Shouq a big smile. The bride watched as her sister walked away, then she turned to look at Faris. "You should have let me aid you."

"We do not wish for Badr's sister to be knackered." Faris fixed his headdress.

"But this is my duty." Raghad grabbed the waterskin.

"And protecting you is my duty," Faris added, tapping her nose then moving towards the house with a smiling Raghad beside him.

Faris was the tree of her heart, his love and affection grew a branch in her heart, and his smile was the fruit of that branch. With him, Raghad could face a fire, confront any calamity the world unveils. She was not his light; he was her light he had always been, from the very first time she saw him.

Faris Mubarak Al Borkan.

The members of the wind who accompanied Raghad from the Rashideen tribe departed the Borkan tribe. A gale rose from the ground and began to travel through the Borkan tribe. The wind whispered, and dry bushes rattled. Then within a moment, the wind leaped over a large mountain and finally bid its farewell to the large tribe situated on a desert plain.

____________________

Prince of Knights has ended. I do not know what to say or feel. This book has been with me for years. It has seen so many amazing events happen in my life. This book helped me grow. I will miss writing it. I will miss Faris and Raghad. I am honoured and proud that I wrote this book. Thank you so much for reading, voting, and commenting on this book.

For those who do not know, I will be working on Eagle of Knights. Badr and Shouq's story. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.9K 2.7K 21
Samira Ibrahim Ghulam was a slightly chubby girl who was very intelligent, gentle with those around her and full of qualities that inspired her to be...
1.9K 107 19
~Rabia Shah A ' epitome of beauty ' and a successful business woman , short tempered but strong mind , bold , and from a very rich and respectful fa...
816K 35.7K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
24.5K 1.9K 35
{Highest rank: 285 in Spiritual} {THA 1st place winner in Spiritual} I won't be anything like my parents. That's what they both said. Dina vowed...