The Only One (George Weasley...

By WeaselB3e

George Weasley and his twin Fred seem to have found themselves not where they expected, while running for the... More

Boy in the Alley
Getting to know you
The Flirt
Mischeif
Sunshine Daisies
Falling
Explanations
Shrugging it off
What the Hell
Halloween!
I Swear
An Idea
Concerts, Screams, I forget.
You want what?
Those Three Words
Don't Go
Go Home
They Won
We're Not Safe
So it begins
The Battle
The Hell?
The Other Side
Something important
Happy Happy Birthday
Disappointment
Adventure
Something New
Never trusting
Foolishness
Cats and Things
The Anouncement
Small weddings
Wedding Planning
Worrying
a Big Christmas
Before the Wedding
The Wedding
The Wedding (continued)
The Trip
Back Home
The Announcement
New Arrival(s)
Just Another Day
A little date
Epilouge

All Over

6.6K 166 89
By WeaselB3e

I dedicate this to AlwaysDramione, because I know she'll be happy and I haven't dedicated to her in a while :)

*Freya's POV*

I was confused, why would George kiss me? Does he not realize what happened? I missed him though, the whole time I was in that...place with Fred I had thought about nothing but George and how I wanted to feel his rough hands stroke my cheeks or his muscles slightly flex as he pulled me into a hug. No, I didn't care about that now, I cared about Fred, I don't know how I could ever get over what he did for me. I didn't deserve to be alive right now, I let the tears fall as hands grabbed mine and I was pulled down the hall and back to the Great Hall.

I didn't want this, I didn't deserve this. "Seamus get Pomfrey, she'll need immediate attention," George commented as we walked through the doors. Seamus reappeared momentarily with Pomfrey who gave me a small cup of something that tasted of peppermint, I thanked her before she finished up examining my wounds. In the distance I saw the mass of red hair sitting around who I supposed was Fred, my chest constricted and I backed away.

"George....I can't," I whispered. I wanted to go back there with Fred and rescue him, why did this have to happen?! I sobbed quietly, why did he do this to me?! Then it all clicked, he knew this was going to happen, he knew that we couldn't go together. He....Fred gave his life...for me? If I hadn't wanted to live in denial then I could've prevented this! I would've made him return instead of myself.

"He would've wanted you to be with me," George whispered as he took my hands.

"George..." He cut me off by pulling me into a tight hug, his body shook slightly as we stood in silence.

"We have each other, that's all that matters right now," George whispered.

I looked at him speechless, his twin was gone. His twin brother that he spent every waking moment with was gone. And he was so calm about it! Shouldn't he hate me? Shouldn't he be distraught over the loss of his brother?! Or anger that I'm the one who returned and not him?!

I looked at Fred's body in the distance, anger was rising through me, "wake up you bastard!" I hissed as we walked over to the rest of the family.

"Oi! Fey stop," George said as he restrained me from doing any harm to his brother.

"That rotten jerk left you, and he...he just..." I broke down in tears, I felt George pull me into his chest but I also felt hands stroking my hair, when I looked up I saw Ginny staring at me as she tried to calm me down as well. Why were these people so nice to the girl who basically killed one of their own, someone they loved?

Fred was moved to the hospital wing while I had stayed to get checked over once more, after being proven uninjured we walked up to the hospital wing where everyone sat solemnly.

"I don't want to go in there," I whispered while looking at the doors.

"No one blames you, love. Fred would've done it anyway," George kissed my forehead and smiled slightly.

I looked at George with shock, "how can you stand there and look at me? How can you call me pet names when I don't deserve to be standing here?"

He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me close to him, "because I love you and nothing will ever change that."

"I definitely know something," I muttered darkly.

George took a step back and frowned, "how about we talk...about what happened."

I closed my eyes and nodded, George pulled me along the hall and we sat against a nearby wall, George took my hand and sat quietly before I confessed everything. The smile never left his face as he watched me closely, when I finished he kissed my hand he'd been holding and smiled.

"Fred would do that," he muttered and sighed. "He's comatose, its not like he's gone, love. He'll be back soon, I just know it." The guilt in my stomach seemed to lessen, Fred was just unconscious?

I bit my lip, "no one's mad at me?"

George snorted slightly, "no one could ever be mad at you, actually there are a few people who were hoping to see you." He stood up, holding out a hand and pulling me into his arms, "you're so beautiful."

My cheeks blushed slightly as I smiled, "I look awful!"

George chuckled and kissed my forehead, "you are completely beautiful. When I lost you....I felt I never complimented you enough."

I couldn't stop the grin that formed on my face as we started walking, "well, you're not too shabby yourself, Georgie."

George opened the doors and I was instantly bombarded by arms and a mass of red, when I was let go I realized it was Ginny. I grinned at her as she started gushing over me.

"Let her breathe, Ginny," Oliver Wood chuckled as he approached. "Glad to see you found them, Freya."

I nodded, "thank you for your help."

Oliver shrugged before walking away to help with some of the beds. "Nice to meet you Freya," I recognized him as Ron, he held out his hand a bit awkwardly for me, "Let's all have a seat shall we?"

When everyone was situated, we sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Freya...um...what exactly..." Ron started but he fell silent.

Glanced at George who gave me an encouraging smile, "It's a bit difficult really but-"

"You found a mirror didn't you?" Ron whispered.

I stared at him and nodded once, "yes....we did find a mirror."

Everyone looked between Ron and I, trying to decipher what we were talking about before I took a deep breath and explained everything a second time. When I finished everyone was looking at each other, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were sobbing and I noticed George wipe his eyes quickly.

"That sounds like something he'd do," Bill spoke quietly.

George leaned over and kissed my cheek before shifting back in his seat.

"What should we do now?" I turned to him.

"Wait," Ron commented.

I moved closer to George, shifting so that I was leaning against his side, we all sat in silence, waiting to hear Fred's laugh or something.

               "So.....Freya?" I looked up at Ron who was sitting back in his chair beside Ginny, "you're not from here right?"

                "No, the states," I smiled.

                 Ron raised an eyebrow and looked at George, pointing a finger at him, "did you kid-"

                 "No!" George shouted, cutting off Ron's obvious question, "we did not. People really need to stop thinking I can't find a girl even in the most unlikely of situations. I did have a date to the ball you bunch of gits," Ginny and Bill started laughing as Ron's ears turned red, I gave George's hand a squeeze and smiled at him.

                 "You know it's an honest question! You run off somewhere and suddenly there's a girl with you, people are going to ask!" Ron retorted. Mr and Mrs Weasley started to laugh as well, George glared at his younger brother.

                "The first question shouldn't be did I kidnap someone," George mocked his brother, "how did you meet, that's the proper question you should ask. Not did I kidnap some fit girl to come with me to a random place where she could've died."

"Well...you and Fred did put up a very good argument telling me the reasons why I needed to go with you, and wouldn't take no for an answer lightly....so in a way..."

George looked at me with a mortified expression, "Freya Matcox, That's not funny right now," I couldn't help but laugh as George continued to get flustered. I liked seeing him as flustered as he makes me just with a smile.

                "I'm joking," I smiled, I turned to Ron who raised an eyebrow, Ginny and Bill sat beside him trying to hide their laughs. "I'm here because I wanted to be with George, I really adore him."

                "How did you meet then?" One of the older brothers George said was named Percy, from a seat beside his father.

"Funny you should ask, Perc," George began, "she found me in an alleyway." Ginny let out a laugh she tried to stifle.

"The kidnapping joke is almost too real," Ginny gasped, wiping a tear away. George was getting aggravated the more he sat there, he folded his arms and looked anywhere but at his family.

"Maybe the alleyway shouldn't be the meeting place, George," I chuckled, George looked at me out of the corner of his eye and smirked.

"At your school campus then, that's where I was right?" I nodded.

"Fabricating your meeting isn't selling anyone that you didn't-"

"Mate I'm tired, but I will hex you out that window if you don't drop the joke," George threatened.

"George Weasley, the owner of his own joke shop, tired of a joke?" Bill laughed.

"I'm tired of your jokes," he pointed a finger at his family and glared slightly. "I'm quite hilarious, however, the digs on my love life are not in any manner funny." I laughed, taking George's hand in mine and squeezing it. His scowl slowly disappearing from his face.

"It is a bit funny," I commented.

"Freya." I grinned at George who gave me a warning look, I enjoyed pushing his buttons.

                 "Yes?"

                 "Just because we're in love doesn't exclude you from being tossed out a window."

                 "Oh you wouldn't dare, your parents will murder you the second you lay a hand on me. And you can't keep kidnapping girls all the time, so you're stuck with me."

                 "Freya!" Couldn't hold my laughter in anymore as George gave me an exasperated expression.

                  "I like her, George. She's perfect for you," Bill laughed, George scowled while I tried to lean closer into his side, he pulled away before chuckling slightly and letting me relax beside him.

"What...what do you think will happen to Teddy?" I whispered, looking over at Mr and Mrs Weasley.

They looked at each other and sighed, looking toward the ground, "well...I believe his grandmother will take him in. He'll be in good hands." I nodded solemnly, my throat constricting slightly. I wouldn't admit it in the moment, but if he was without a home, I wanted to be the one to provide one. Tonks and Lupin had done so much for me, and knowing what it's like to live without your parents; I wanted to offer my help to Teddy.

*Ron's POV*

Mum was holding Freddie's hand as she silently wept, I sat at his feet and sighed as I looked at everyone around me, George was talking to Wood while Freya quietly dozed beside them, Ginny was talking to Harry, Hermione was holding my hand, Bill was talking to Fleur and dad went for a quick walk with Percy. Everyone else was cleaning up from the battle, but we were allowed to sit in the hospital wing and watch over Fred, no one seemed to complain.

"Mum, I love you too but please stop crying?"

Mum's sobs stopped and everyone froze, I heard George quietly wake Freya. "god. This bed is so uncomfortable," Fred groaned as he moved on the small cot. He struggled to sit up as he looked at all of us. "You lot look like you've seen a ghost."

"What...how..." Ginny started but couldn't find the words.

"Magic," Fred winked slightly as he groaned. "god, I feel miserable and exhausted. Do I look miserable?"

"You look dreadful, Freddie, " I chuckled as Fred moved his limbs.

"I feel dreadful," Fred mused as he brushed himself off, he glanced around as mum began bombarding him with questions. But she was quickly cut off by a scream.

"YOU ASSHOLE!"

We turned to see Freya glaring daggers at Fred, she jumped from her seat, screaming as George tried to restrain her.

"HOW DARE YOU JUST DO THAT!!"

"To be fair, I kept trying to tell you I needed to tell you something important before we started that spell, but you didn't want to listen," Fred spoke calmly.

Freya began stuttering before shrieking, "I was scared! How dare you just trick me like that!" Freya was shouting again, she was right next to him now and she started pounding on his arm. George quickly picked her up and moved her out of arms reach of Fred.

"Well, it all worked out now didn't it?" Fred grinned.

"I still hate you."

"No you don't."

"Oh, yes I do Fred Weasley. I hate you and that stupid face of yours! How dare you think it's alright to just let go of me?! We could've gone together-"

"The spell only let one person go at a time," Fred shook his head. "I'm lucky to be here. That spell takes a lot out of you," Fred reclined back into his pillows.

"First you lied that the book was written in runes and then you lied again. How could you do that to me?!"

Fred only chuckled, "you're welcome by the way. For saving your life and bringing you back to lover boy over there."

Freya's face flushed as she pushed her hair behind her ears and nodded, "I still hate you." Fred did nothing but fain a broken heart and laugh as George continue to pull Freya away from him.

"I'm sorry, Fey."

"I'll never forgive you."

"What if I bought you something?"

"It better be expensive."

Fred laughed as Freya huffed, "I swear to you. It will be the most expensive thing you can imagine."

Freya still looked like she was ready to kill him, but she stopped fighting George's grip. Madame Pomfrey soon arrived and checked over Fred and gave him a few potions before hurrying off again, leaving everyone to talk to Fred and find out what happened to him. According to the book they had used to get back, it explained that only one person could go through the doorway at a time but the spell required so much energy that it was harder to get the second person through. After hours of work Fred was able to make it through the doorway which led him to waking up now.

"We should leave Fred alone for a bit," George commented as he continued to restrain Freya who looked out for blood.

"You can go, I still need to punch that smirk off his face," Freya muttered darkly.

"No, you will not hurt my brother," George spoke rather forcefully before picking her up and following Ginny and Percy out the door.

"I'll stay here, Freddie," I offered.

"Nah, go on. I just want to sleep for a bit to be honest," Fred commented.

*George's POV*

Freya was muttering curses under her breath as we walked the stairs, mum had told us that were going to spend the night in Gryffindor tower.

"Freya calm down," I spoke calmly.

"He tricked me! I hate him so much!" Freya shrieked as she looked at the ground and started scuffing her shoes.

I stopped walking and grabbed her chin, making her look at me, "oi! Calm down, alright? Freddie saved your life, you'd think you would be grateful to see him alright. I personally will forever be in his debt."

"Why's that?" Freya muttered.

"Because he brought you back to me."

I smirked the second that her eyes seemed to smolder and the harsh look she had instantly disappeared. "I suppose...can we go apologize?" she whispered, all hints of anger vanished.

I chuckled as I wrapped my arm around her waist, reveling in the feel of holding her. We walked back towards the hospital wing and found mum and dad hugging Fred tightly.

"Fred...I'm sorry," Freya muttered when we got next to his bed.

"I know," Fred smiled.

"Thank you...for saving my life and all," Freya stated, her face was getting flushed by the second.

Fred chuckled, "still hate me?"

"Not right now, but you'll probably give me some reason to hate you in the future."

"That's my job," Fred grinned.

"Alright, you two, Fred needs to rest for a bit," dad stated. "Let's go to the tower shall we? We'll be back soon, Freddie." Dad and mum began walking but Freya was still glaring at Fred before hugging him slightly and saying good night.

The tower was still standing as we stepped through the doorway, Freya gripped my hand, as we stood there in the entry way.

"Care to share a bed with me tonight?" I offered.

Freya grinned and nodded, we walked up to the boys dormitory I had shared in my seventh year, it was just us in here and I grinned at Freya as she looked at the beds.

"This one was mine," I commented as I walked to the middle bed in the circle.

"Looks comfy."

"Let's try and get some sleep."

"Will we get in trouble...for this?" Freya looked at me uncertainly.

"Don't really know, but I don't want to be separated from you anymore today," I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her neck which resulted in a deep sigh.

"Wait! Is there a shower?" Freya spun around and blushed.

"Right through those doors."

Freya disappeared, I heard the sound of running water turn on, I shrugged off my jacket and jumped on my bed, reveling in the soft feeling. A few more minutes I felt the bed move and Freya was sitting next to me, her hair was slightly damp as she smiled.

"I'm surprised you don't want to be with Fred," she commented as she climbed under the covers.

"I'll see him in the morning, he'll be up and running around in no time. Now a girl like you? You need your beauty rest and I swear to protect you while you're sound asleep." Freya rolled her eyes as she grinned, I let out a heavy sigh as we laid there in silence. "Freya, I know you're joking but you don't think we kidnapped you, do you?"

               Freya shot up with huge eyes, shaking her head vigorously, "I really was only joking. I don't think that at all, we both know I would've followed you regardless. I have to take any opportunity to ridicule you now and again, how else will you stay on your toes if I don't poke fun at you?"

               I laughed slightly, gently weaving my hand through her hair, pulling her back down and kissing her lightly. "I really do love you."

*Freya's POV*

The next morning I woke up to find that George was gone and a simple black dress was hanging off the edge of the bed. Today was the funeral, after everything that happened I couldn't believe so many people had died.

"Freya! Are you up yet? We have to get downstairs," a voice called on the other of the door.

I jumped out of the bed and pulled the dress over my cami and opened the door, the bushy haired girl from yesterday was smiling at me.

"I'm Hermione by the way, it's nice to meet you," she smiled.

"Nice to meet you too, I've heard a lot about you from the twins," I grinned, her face dropped and she scowled slightly.

                "Did you now?" Her voice was slightly clipped and I backed away, Ginny only laughed.

                "It was only good things, they thought we'd get along really well," I tried to explain. Feeling panicked as if I was setup by them.

                At this Hermione's face broke out into a smile, "ah...that's....thoughtful of them."

"Come on, let's go downstairs."

"Do you happen to know where George is?" I asked curiously.

"He's with Fred," she smiled as we walked down the stairs. I nodded as I noticed that she and Ginny were wearing matching black dresses, when I looked down I noticed that we all were.

"Mum made them for us," Ginny stated.

"They're cute," I smiled slightly. But they'd be even better if we weren't going to a funeral to honor the brave fighters. I followed the girls down towards the great hall where I found George sitting with his family, I suddenly felt out of place and decided to sit down the table from them-I didn't want to disturb their peaceful breakfast.

"Hello."

I looked up from my eggs to see Luna looking at me curiously, "hey Luna."

"That dress looks adorable on you," Luna smiled.

"Thank you," I turned back to my breakfast.

"Do you think we could talk...about America?" she asked in her dreamy voice.

I chuckled, "What would you like to know?"

Her big eyes grew bigger with excitement and we dove into a big discussion until arms grabbed my waist and I was pulled up to my feet.

"Time to go, sweetie," George stated as he set me down on my feet. I followed after him, heading to the grounds with everyone else. We took seats in the middle section, Luna sat beside me along with Neville with George on the other side of me.

Everyone present was clad in black as the funeral began, and the various names of passed fighters were called. "I'm so happy your name isn't being called," George leaned over and whispered in my ear. I gripped his hand tightly before turning my attention back to the speakers, as the funeral continued everyone was crying for the loss of a loved one or a close friend.

I glanced around, I saw Oliver and he gave me a smile, Seamus sat one row away and gave me a grin. I noticed Luna and Neville were holding hands and I couldn't help but smile to myself. I sat up straighter and smiled, I was still perplexed that I was alive and that I had the greatest guy in the world, I would never be able to thank Fred for saving my life and basically giving me a second chance.

*George PoV*

"So...this is the Burrow!" I excitedly bounced on my heels as I stood in front of my home I desperately missed.

Freya stood with her mouth agape as she took in the home before her, Fred snorted slightly at Freya's expression before leaving us in the grass.

"It looks so....magical," she whispered.

"Annnnnnd I have a surprise for you," I clapped my hands together and grabbed my wand. "Accio."

Freya's telescope floated toward us from beside the front door and landed in my hands. "Managed to ask Bill to nick this for us. If it's clear enough how about a little star gazing date? I can setup a picnic basket for us and grab one of the nicer blankets."

Freya grinned, wrapping her arms around my waist-nuzzling her nose into my side. "That would be fantastic."

"I'm sure mum will have you setup in Ginny's room if that's fine, how about a tour before we eat?"

             "Are we going to be staying here?"

             "Just for a bit, Freddie and I want to clear out the shop and flat first before we go home. Now what do you say?"

Freya excitedly took my hand before we walked inside to explore my home. A thin layer of dust had collected on the surfaces, but that was nothing that couldn't be swept away. I watched Freya's face as she looked around the home, compared to her home it was both controlled tidiness and lived in. Freya's had been pristine and clean to the point you'd thought no one lived there.

           "What kind of clock is this!?" Freya pointed to our family clock that each had our faces on a hand, all the hands were slowly moving from the school to home.

            "It's just a clock, Fey."

             "Absolutely not!" Freya whispered in shock, she ran off toward the small living room, smiling at the furniture as if she were seeing old friends. "It's so lovely here, just like I imagined it," she looked at me with a big smile but tears were pricking her eyes.

            "Do you want to step out for a moment?" I offered, wrapping my arms around her and holding her close.

             "I'm fine, now show me your room!" Her eyes were still sparkling as she stepped away from me. "It's only fair since you've seen mine."

             "Whatever you want to do, Fey. But it's not going to be what you expect, Freddie and I moved out a year ago now....I expect it to be tidy and dusty currently."

Freya pouted slightly, turning in a small circle as she sighed, "I think that's cheating. You've seen my personal belongings and I can't even see any of yours?" I rolled my eyes as she folded her arms, even when she pouted I thought she was the cutest thing.

"Oh I'm sure if you ask, mum will hand over the family albums in a heartbeat....would that satisfy your need to go snooping?"

Her face scrunched slightly as she thought it over, "still not enough, but it's a start."

"And you call me ridiculous," I laughed.
****

"So that's Pegasus and there's.....the dipper?"

Freya clapped her hands together, "yes!" She picked up a blade of grass and twirled it between her hands. I leaned up on my elbow studying her as we sat in the field, the portable player was playing something softly. "Do you want a picture?" Freya laughed.

"Ah, Fey. I told you yes the first time you asked and I most definitely would love one now," I chuckled.

She looked over at me, smiling as she looked over her shoulder toward the Burrow, "you were right about the view out here. It's wonderful..."

I gave a slight smile, "how're you feeling right now?"

Freya fidgeted and rearranged her legs so she was sitting crossed legged, she pushed her hair behind her ears as she sucked in her cheeks. It's been a week since we returned home, things were still uncertain, but I tried everyday to make sure Freya was fine, this must be our third date of star gazing. "I'm still astounded to be alive...." She whispered, "but I'm ok. Scared though."

"Scared of what?" I started tracing a circle on her knee as I laid out beside her. She was quiet for so long I wasn't sure if she had hear me, when I looked up I saw her biting her lip as her eyes started watering. "You know...I'm scared," she looked at me from the corner of her eye, "I'm scared I'm not good enough for you. Especially now that a life threatening, world ending, lunatic is gone. I'm not as fun as you think...I mean, I am the life of any party, but I'm not as fun as you probably imagine. After all this is our third date of this..."

That laugh, I smiled as her laugh filled the air, making my stomach do a flip. I loved that laugh. "I'm being serious, Fey," I chuckled.

"I just don't know what to do with myself now," her voice was barely above the music I thought I misheard her for the song we were listening to.

"We can figure it out together...if you'd like that is," I watched her frown turn into a slight smile, her eyes sparkled as she gave me a longing look.

"I'd like that," she whispered, taking one of her hands and gently running it through my hair. "I like these moments," she mused, leaning forward and kissing my forehead. "I could never get tired of sitting under the stars with you."

           "Me too," I grinned, I sat up, taking Freya's hands in mine and pulling her forward so that we fell backwards and she was laying on top. Her laugh making me grin as we laid on the blanket, I kissed the top of her head and held her tight. "I did realize one thing from all of this....I don't ever want to lose you," I whispered as I looked up to the starry sky.

          "I feel exactly the same," Freya breathed, she shifted so she was more comfortable, pressing her cheek into my chest.

~*~*~

YAAAAY Happy moment!!!

Please comment and vote!! I love them both so much!!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160 7 7
Fred Weasley x Reader. Takes place after the battle of Hogwarts after [Y/N] gets hurt, Fred questions everything about his love with [Y/N]. Can thei...
21.2K 333 22
|𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭, 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨| These are just some stories that I thought would be fun to right about the twins. They are happy...
94.1K 3.7K 28
''There will be three tasks, spaced throughout the school year, and the will test the champions in many different ways . . . their magical prowess...
902 28 28
A young Hufflepuff in her fourth year, one who is already close with the infamous Weasely twins. Embarks on her own journey with a rather uneventful...