Hues in Love (COMPLETE)

By ariksbell

"๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ, ๐ˆ'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ฌ๐ก ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ง๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ง ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ,"... More

I.into the unknown
II.onward home(?)
III.used and abused
IV.getting to know
V.the deal
VI.nightmare
VII.baby, it's cold
VIII. arrival
IX.first morn
X.the puppet master
XI.furthermore
XII.playing assistant
XIII.godforsaken woman
XIV.rock my world
XV.nightly swimming
XVI.lousy scheme
XVII.What I want to come home to
XVIII.taking her fishing
XIX.get out this instant
XX.torturing the saint
XXII.moving on
XXIII.virgins
XXIV. sealing the deal
XXV.where are you going?
XXVI.double surprises
epilogue

XXI.out of desperation

1.8K 126 13
By ariksbell

Genesis was just finishing up transferring Agatha's clothes to his bed-chamber, all while Agatha was taking a bath when by her room's window, his eye caught sight of Devon towards the barn.

Remembering what Agatha told him, Devon sneaks amid the night when the fire transpired. Truth is, Genesis hasn't had the time to confront his friend about it for these past few days, he has been busy and as time flew by, he simply shrugged the issue for no harm was done.

No cattle or horses were killed, the hays despite the shortage, they managed to solve.

Before he knew it, Devon was out of his sight, his figure disappearing towards the barn which Devon fixed and painted a week after the fire.

His brow furrowing, he closed Agatha's drawers, passed through his room, just yelling the words, "I'll be back, Agatha,"

The sound of splashing of water ringing in his ears as he shuffles downstairs.

Genesis picked up her response, asking him where, he was already running down the staircase when he hollered back, "Just checking the barn, sweetheart,"

With that, he was off the house, sprinting towards the barn, where he thinks Devon is.

For some reason, he solemnly wishes what his mind conjures is all wrong, no way would Devon sabotage their ranch, after all, he knew what they went through just to grasp this land.

However, at the back of his mind, Genesis knew Devon is up to something. He knew his friend, he just didn't think Devon would do it to him. If so, why?

Genesis' hazelnut eyes widened at the sight before him, a few meters away from the barn, for there stood Devon, leading a couple of cattle outside the barn in the middle of the night.

"What are you doing, Devon?" he asked, arching his brow, suppressing the rising emotion within him.

As soon as Devon saw him, emerald eyes widening, hands freezing, feet gluing to the ground as if he had seen a ghost.

Gulping, it took Devon a moment to compose himself, replying, acting all casual and all despite his tense, "Ju-just taking these cows to a walk,"

"A walk? In the middle of the night? Really, Devon? That's the best reason you could come up with?" Genesis uttered, strolling towards his friends whose hands are on one calf.

Devon didn't answer, instead, he let out a loud chuckle, a forced laugh to be exact. "Come on, pal."

Still, Genesis doesn't find all this funny, "Don't come on me, Devon. What is this all about? Are you planning on selling all these?"

"of course not, pal. Where'd you even get that ridiculous idea?" He then let out an obnoxious laugh once more, causing Genesis to wince. "Why would I even sell these? These do not mind, to begin with," he added, trying to make the situation light.

But Genesis is not a bit pleased. Finally, he let his dark fingers travel across his hair in frustration, "Devon, please. Have you been gambling again?" His eyes closed for a moment, inhaling exhaling.

Silence enveloped. The two of them staring at one another, even without answering, Genesis already knew the answer to his question.

After that, Genesis pulled his hair in frustration, "Fuck! I should've believed Agatha,"

At the mention of that, finally, Devon spoke up, furious, "that woman! I shouldn't have suggested this whole mail-order bullshit,"

"Then let me ask you this, my friend, why did you first suggest it?" Genesis asked, messaging his temple, trying to calm himself.

"Because I want someone, some whore to distract you so I could fucking get this land!" Devon roared back, the veins in his neck popping due to anger.

Genesis, without any second thoughts, slammed his fist to Devon's face, landing on his right eye, "Don't you dare call Agatha a whore, you lazy asshole,"

Devon nearly stumbled due to the impact yet did not strike back, instead, he simply curled his fists beside him, his knuckles turning white. "Why? Isn't it true? What kind of a woman sells herself, huh?"

"You know what, Devon, what the hell is your problem here? Do you want all these fucking cows? Then go ahead and fucking sell it, you good for nothing asshole,"

"Good for nothing asshole? Have you forgotten how am the reason why we have this fucking land? Have you? Have you?" Devon screamed and screamed, spitting out saliva everywhere due to extreme emotion.

They stood there for a second. Finally, Genesis calmly asked, "Devon, please, has something happened?" Biting both his lips, suppressing himself as his mind erases the horrid image once more, the screams this ranch enveloped before. The tale of how two gunslingers managed to own a property.

"I-i..."

Devon pulled his hair, his hands shaking, his eyes red, "I lost the ranch, Genesis, including your part. I gambled it and I lost, tha-that's it,"

Genesis was numbed when he heard Devon's confession. He was too sore to scream, to question his friend, to scold.

Instead, with his shoulders slumped, he patted Genesis' shoulder, his voice weak, "We-we'll settle this first thing in the morning, Devon. For now, sleep,"

Devon lifted his head, his hands still trembling, his eyes staring back at his friend whom he disappointed. In the end, he found himself just nodding back, his throat dry.

Before they knew it, Genesis was already strolling back inside, back to his bed-chamber, emotionless, numb, as if what Devon told him still hadn't registered his mind.

Devon, gambling the land then losing it.

When he got to his bed-chamber, Agatha was already seated in the bed, combing his fiery red hair. Genesis, his eyes glued to the ground, sat beside her, his shoulders still slumped.

Agatha gave him a confused and worried gaze, she snaked her soft pale hands along his arm, gazing up at him, "Wha-what's the matter, Gen?"

Genesis didn't reply, instead, he rested his head on her shoulder, staring at the window, his lips pressed when she felt his slender fingers stroke his hair.

"Everything-thing okay?" Agatha asked once more, arching her brow.

All Genesis could do is nod. After a minute, he rose from the bed, "I'll just go wash up, sweetheart," he excused, his voice weak.

Agatha knew something's amiss. Just a while ago, Genesis was in such a good mood, laughing and all yet here he is now, barely looking at her, frowning.

She knew she shouldn't press the matter with him for she knew Genesis would tell her when he feels like it. The last thing she has to do is to be understanding and don't be needy.

Letting out a soft sigh, Agatha tucked herself to bed but determined to still not sleep until Genesis joined her.

At the sound of soft footfalls behind her, her head turning back, before she could react, Devon was already sitting by her, encircling his arms around her waist and shoulders, forcing her to sit up in bed, her back against him as he pointed a pistol in her head.

Her eyes widening, pulse-quickening, skin turning cold, Agatha only managed to let out a soft shriek even as Devon pushed the pistol harder against her head, his breath near her throat as he whispers the words, "Let's see how brave you can be, hun,"

At the sound of her shriek, despite how silent it is, Genesis halted in splashing the water onto his face. Without any second thoughts, he raced towards the adjacent room.

And there he found Agatha cornered by Devon, a gun in her head, her eyes wide-eyed,  her lips trembling all while Devon almost choked her with his arm, his eyes red and wide-eyed as well, filled with anger.

"Wha-what...Devon, please, put the gun down," Genesis said, his voice rising due to panic. His eyes darting from Agatha was glued in her spot to Devon.

"I need the land, Genesis. I fucking need it," Devon screamed, his saliva slamming against Agatha's cheeks. Still, Agatha seems frozen in her spot, shocked, and scared.

"And I'll give it to you. Ju-just please don't hurt Agatha, please," Genesis pleaded, and when he tried to walk towards them, Genesis just pushed the gun towards her head more, warning him.

With that, Genesis stood a few meters away from them, both his hands raised, his heart beating fast.

Devon let out a sarcastic laugh, filling the chamber, "Can't believe you have fallen to this stuttering whore, Genesis,"

Genesis closed his eyes for a second, his clenched fists beside him, he forced himself to remain calm and not attack Devon. The only way they could make it through alive is by negotiating.

"Please just let her go, Devon. Please,"

Genesis was confused about what Devon truly wants. Can't he understand? Genesis is already willing to give the godforsaken ranch to him yet he kept blabbering nonsense.

His grip around Agatha tightening, letting his emerald eyes wander across the room, smirking, "Oh, Genesis, oh how I remember the wonderful sounds of their screams as we killed them, how we enjoy killing them especially knowing we'll get a fine land such this,"

"You were the only one who killed them, Devon. I tried to stop you, don't fucking tangle me into this nonsense," Genesis angrily blurted out, his eyes diverted to Agatha who was it seems like hyperventilating in Devon's arms. Her eyes staring in nothing as if she was in a different dimension. She did not even react to what Devon just exclaimed.

"Oh, enough of your ridiculous pretensions already, Genesis. I am fucking tired of it. Whether you helped me kill them or not, you still willingly accepted this land, and that's the ugly truth, Genesis," hollered Devon, the veins in his neck popping. Agatha meanwhile once again jumped in her seat whenever he screamed as if bringing her back to the scene.

"Let's face it, you may have not pulled the trigger but you buried them, Genesis. You are part of their death. Isn't that why you still haven't named this godforsaken ranch? Because you are eaten by your fucking guilt, you pretentious asshole,"

Genesis lifted both his hands in the air, "You're right. You win, I lost. You get the land, Devon. Now, all I want is for you to please just let Agatha go, Devon. Please, Devon. I am fucking begging you. You can have this land or those fucking animals, just let Agatha go, please,"

There was a long pause after that. Devon was about to open his mouth to say something when it was Agatha who broke the ice.

Her horrified screams filled the room, she was shaking so badly to the point Devon was struggling holding her in his arms. Still, she screamed and screamed like she was under such great pain.

Hot tears covered her cheeks, her lips quivering, her eyes red, as she screamed, "Please, sto-stop,"

Genesis and Devon stared at her, their eyes wide, shocked.

Agatha pulled her hair again and again, "Sto-stop please," she hollered, trembling, her hands shielding her body.

Her screams were so loud to the point it was starting to scare Devon, "Shut up!" he angrily said, pushing the gun to her head, causing Agatha to hyperventilate more.

Genesis desperately wanted to stop all this, to comfort Agatha but he knew Devon wouldn't like it one bit. Worst-case scenario, Devon pulling the trigger.

All Genesis could do is say, "Please, Devon, let her go," his voice pleading.

Devon shot his eyes back to him, still red from anger, "I said shut up!" He screamed, mixing with hers.

In utter frustration, Devon raised the gun and began shooting on the ceiling, all just to shut Agatha.

Still, Agatha didn't shut up. If anything else, her screams worsened, her words repeating, "Stop please," this time, she was not stammering.

Both Genesis and Devon stared at her, in an instant, before they could realize it, Agatha jumped back to Devon, attacking him, causing the gun to fly away.

"You crazy bitch!" Screamed Devon as she tried pushing Agatha from him but Agatha had him locked, angrily biting his arm, as she pulled his hair rapidly.

Devon tried to reach for the gun, Genesis was too stunned at the sight of Agatha to the point he didn't realize it.

Before he was too late, he raced towards the gun, tucking it in his pocket, causing Devon to scream in anger once more.

Genesis then encircled his arms around Agatha's waist, stopping her as he tried to get her off Devon who was all bloody now.

Standing beside Agatha, his arm protectively around her waist, her whole body trembling, her hair unruly, her face mixed with tears and Devon's blood.

Devon tried standing up but stumbled, without any second thoughts, Genesis pointed the gun to Devon who noses stood bloodied before them.

"Get out of my fucking sight, Devon," Genesis exclaimed, not screaming yet his voice filled with rage, the rage he hasn't experienced before.

Wide-eyed, his eyes shifting from Genesis to Agatha who was still trembling, he left, the loud sound of his footfalls as he climbed down the staircase ringing to their ears.

Now alone, Genesis gently held Agatha's cheek, Agatha just stared at him, shocked.

"Oh, sweetheart, I am sorry," muttered Genesis as he embraced her, Agatha still remained frozen, at least, her trembling had stopped.

Her face all bloody and wet, Genesis lifted his shirt to wipe it but stopped when Agatha let out a loud sob, her shoulders now trembling, tears raining once again.

Genesis was about to embrace her once more to comfort her when she shielded her body with her hands, her eyes downcast.

"Ple-please don't touch me, I'm disgusting," she said, sobbing.

His heart softened, "Sweetheart, why would you say that? You're not disgusting, please,"

Still, Agatha avoided his eye contact, her hands still shielding her body. "I'm dirty, Gen. I'm disgusting, I'm so worthless. Sorry for letting you touch me,"

Genesis couldn't take it anymore. His hands clasped her hands, bringing it down, tucking her hair behind her ear, "Agatha, tell me, what really happened back in Cedarburg,"

Agatha shook her head, crying, even as she let him embrace her, her cheek resting against his chest.

"Honey, you have to tell me, I promise I won't get angry, please," he murmured, stroking her hair, then, he planted a kiss on top of her hair.

Agatha stopped wriggling in his arms, gingerly lifted her head, her voice weak, "I al-almost got raped, Gen,"

With that, Genesis held around her hardened, his hand clenching at the thought of Agatha crying and crying as a man touched her where he shouldn't.

There was a long pause after that, Genesis trapping her in his arms, as he caressed her hair, the blood on her face all gone, now transferred to his shirt.

"It was raining, Gen, when it happened. I just got home from the di-diner and was already sleeping in the wash-washing room when I heard him. Mr. Tom Leroy, my employer's son, entered the room. He was drunk, as u-usual. He-he began touching me, Gen. Here and here the-then I cried, I be-beg him to stop but he just laughed at me. I-i panicked, Gen, and I attacked him, hit him with what-whatever I could grab," she confessed, her eyes filled with sadness and worry.

"I slept in the streets that ni-night. When I came back to the di-diner the next morning, Mrs. Jennie Leroy was angry at me, when I told her what his so-son did to me, she called me a liar, a whore, a wa-wanton," she added.

"That's why whe-when I overheard the girls in the diner signing up as mail-order bride, I didn't hesitate to risk-risking it all, just to leave that hell," she concluded, crying.

"I'm glad you protected yourself, sweetheart. You're one brave woman, you know," Genesis comforted, wiping her tears with his thumb.

She then leaned against him, her arms now encircling around him.

"But please, honey. Don't ever call yourself disgusting. If anything else, that devil Tom should be called disgusting, you hear me, sweetheart?" His thumb on her chin, his eyes comforting and determined.

Agatha found herself just nodding as she let out a faint smile, feeling safe once more in his arms.

"I'm no perfect man myself, Agatha. You've probably heard Devon. Thi-this ranch? It's not really mine, to begin with," he exclaimed, running his fingers through his hair, his eyes guilty.

Lifting her fingers to the scar in his temple, she just gave him another faint smile yet said none. Instead, she just caressed his scar, her cheek against his chest.

-

I truly apologize for the very late update. Hope you are all doing great!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.6K 5K 32
In the 1930s, after a night of drinking with his friend, Charles accidentally advertises for a mail-order-bride, eventually connecting through letter...
20.1K 716 11
For which she knew her stalker. Contains: Killing Edging Stalking Orgasm denial Clingy partner Switch couple Strong language Obsessive character P...
6K 339 34
Rancher seeks a wife. Nickolas Tate got more than he bargained for when his mail-order-bride stumbles onto his ranch in the middle of the night. Wha...
22.6K 1.6K 20
Sometimes being a mail order bride means uncovering secrets you'd rather leave hidden... Belle Reid ran away from her old life only to find her new o...