What!? I'm a Healing Dragon!?

By AwayAnimal81

A man on his way to work saw a strange brand of energy drink in a convenience store. There was only one bottl... More

Prologue.
Chapter 1: A Hard Choice, Help Me!
Chapter 2: I Have Surpassed Expectations!
Chapter 3: I Am Free!
Chapter 4: Brewing Trouble, Will We Survive?
Chapter 5: Dad Is In Danger, Let's Heal Him!
Chapter 6: Dragon Spotted!
Chapter 7: The Decent of The "Protagonist"?
Chapter 8: It's Not Just Me Who Knows.
Chapter 9: Scary Thoughts, Scary Sisters.
Chapter 10: You're Out of Luck, Lux!
Chapter 11: Expected Consequences.
Chapter 12: A Change For The Better?
Chapter 13: The Prodigy Healer.
Chapter 14: Who Was That?
Chapter 16: Never Enough Time.
Chapter 17: Innocence And The Corrupted.
Chapter 18: Flight School.
Chapter 19: Little Miss Perfect.
Chapter 20: Touch Touch.
Chapter 21: Unreasonable Rage.
Chapter 22: Tea Time Restoration.
Chapter 23: Fight For Freedom.
Chapter 24: The Peeping Jane.
Chapter 25: Stamp of Approval.
Chapter 26: Surprise!
Chapter 27: Easy Come, Easy Go.
Chapter 28: What Will it Be?
Chapter 29: Welcome to the Family.
Chapter 30: The Dreaded Day.
Chapter 31: Breathtaking Battle of Bulls
Chapter 32: A Meeting And A Farewell.
Chapter 33: The Beginnings of War.
Chapter 34: Playing The Fool.
Chapter 35: Mind Games.
Chapter 36: Bandit Scuffles.
Chapter 37: A Quick Visit to The Emperor.
Chapter 38: Suspicions.
Chapter 39: Take Lives to Save Lives
Chapter 40: A Zealot Dragon.
Chapter 41: What Do You Believe In?
Chapter 42: Instincts.
Chapter 43: Mission.
Chapter 44: I'm Getting..?
Chapter 45: Deductions and Destruction.
Chapter 46: Yuri's First Steps in Lionprairie.

Chapter 15: A Childhood Promise.

9.7K 411 395
By AwayAnimal81

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the next chapter, I hope you enjoy.

Sorry if this chapter is too short, I just found it fitting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It struck me as odd as to why Priest and I went from the middle of the street to deep inside the forest. It was just like, dirt road, then BAM! Forest.

Ah, it's kind of hard to put in words.

But nonetheless, we carried on. To save Brent from certain death! Though the only sentiment I have towards Brent is his fearless and bold nature where he doesn't care about the danger and rushes in to save his friends.

I appreciate that kind of mentality, granted that it will more than likely get them injured, or worse. Brent being that star example.

Finally making it to Brent's home, Priest knocked on the door.

Thinking of meeting other people made me check on my remaining mana that I could muster for this form.

'...Huh?'

What the, why does it feel like my mana isn't draining all that much, or not at all?

Sensing my inner thoughts, Priest looked at me.

'Is there something the matter, Lady Isis?' Priest's soul tried to say.

'It's strange, my mana that I use to keep up this form is no longer being supplied by my own reserves.'

I conveyed this to Priest since I didn't want to talk right now, I was too surprised, and I need to figure out why this is happening.

I sent my mana throughout my body, soon finding an anomaly.

There was a soul in my stomach.

Why is there a soul in my stomach?

I felt the soul start to break down, only to be healed by my mana that flowed throughout my body involuntarily.

The bits that broke down merged with my flesh. Almost like a generator, those broken pieces carried immense amounts of mana and gave it to my body to replace the mana I lost keeping this form up.

That's cool and all, but where did I get this soul? It's not mine or Priest's. Who's is it?

While I was thinking these things, someone finally opened to the door to greet the guests.

A man with wolf ears just like Brent's opened the door, his tail and ears sadly drooped.

But when he saw who was at the door, his expression and body parts instantly became brighter and lively.

"M-mr. Priest, sir! Have you come here to save my boy!?" Brent's father hopefully asked us, his tail unable to hide his excitement either.

"Not me, but my daughter. Brent saved her against the demon, so she felt that she owes something to him. Let her see him. I must warn you though, do not be surprised at her ability."

Brent's father just nodded his head up and down, not even bothering to listen to Priest's warnings, he was just too excited that there was a hope for Brent to live.

"This way, Mr. Priest." He said, gesturing us to come in and follow.

Priest scrapped his shoes against the doormat and walked inside, his leather shoes making that satisfying clack against the floorboards as he walked.

"I wanted to come to you sooner, but I figured that the cost for healing my son would be to big of a price to pay even if I worked for the rest of my life. I could only hope that Armok would guide someone to come help. It seems that my prayers have been answered."

"Don't worry, my daughter's healing abilities are of the same level of miracles." Priest informed the father, what's his name? Alex?

Wait, how did I know that?

With my face in thought, we finally arrived at the room where Brent was resting. It was obvious that this is where he was because of his screams of pain and agony.

I don't like to hear the screams of children.

I hopped down from Priest's hold and pushed aside Alex right as he opened the door and was about to inform his wife of our arrival.

Opening the door all the way with a shove, I ran into the room, the pitter patter of my feet quickly making their way towards the bed where Brent was.

I jumped onto the bed and saw Brent laying on his stomach without a shirt on.

Blood was trickling down his back in the places his broken ribs pierced through. I must have been extremely painful to even lay down of his stomach too.

Gazing at Brent's pitiful form, disregarding his mother's worried look and put my hands against his back.

Brent's body immediately reacted and he started screaming louder because someone touched him, causing even more pain.

Expelling mana like a broken dam, Brent's bones sunk back into his body and positioned themselves in their designated places. His organs, destroyed and injured as they were, began to heal.

Brent's screams faded into nothing the longer my magic went into effect.

Eventually, his sweating body lost it's consciousness and he began to finally be able to fall asleep, free of pain.

Seeing that, his mother broke down crying tears of joy. Alex quickly joined her side and pat her head like it was a dog's.

"Thank you... Isis... I wouldn't... know what to do... If I lost my son..."

Between sobs, the mother thanked me.

No worries, I gave it my all healing him just like he gave his all to try his best to save me, though he didn't really do much. But it's the thought that counts.

I put my hand against his head and began to gently heal him to make sure I didn't do a sloppy job in the heat of the moment.

Sure enough, there were some areas where I messed up that would have left Brent feeling uncomfortable for the rest of his life.

Discreetly covering up my sloppy job, I also awoke Brent up by force.

Blinking his eyes as he turned his body over in the bed, staring at the ceiling, he slowly moved his head to the right, where his parents were, and to his left, where I was.

Seeing me so close to him, his face flushed like a ripe tomato and he backed up, almost falling off the bed.

"I-i-i-Isis! What... What are you doing here?"

Trying to hide his uncool side of being embarrassed by being stared at by a girl, he tried to smooth it over by saying that.

"Healing the big dummy that recklessly ran at a demon."

Brent's face grew a shade redder I never knew was possible, his ears drooping in shame. He lifted the blanket that covered his body to cover his face, his ears still visible.

"I-I wanted to save you, you know!" He said from behind the sheet cover.

"I know."

"Isis is really important, you know!"

"I know."

"Isis is really cute, you know!"

"I kno- ehhhh?!"

I was left shocked by Brent's surprise attack, outright admission of his crush on me. Did I mess up healing his head or something?

"Aw, Brent has his first crush already!" Brent's mom, sniffled through her still teared up face exclaimed her fondness of a new age of Brent's life.

"Indeed, you better work hard to mak'er yours, my son!" Alex proclaimed with a hearty laugh, smacking Brent's back.

"It's not like that!" Brent denied their claims while covering himself entirely underneath the covers of the blanket, becoming a mound.

Though I wasn't interested in Brent in a romantic way, being the person they are giving all of their hopes and support on acquiring did make my own pale white face grow a hint of pink.

With my head a little downcast to hide my flushed face, I crawled off the bed leaving Brent alone.

"The little miss is shy too; you have a chance Brent! Best not waste it before she gets taken off by a dragon to a castle!" Saying something along the lines of a fairytale, Alex joked to the hiding wolf boy.

Though, I doubt a dragon would abduct another dragon. Not that he could have known that.

But who knows? Maybe there is a dragon bat shit crazy enough to kidnap me from my Ancient rank parents.

Walking my way towards the door, Alex stood up.

"Mr. Priest and his daughter Isis, if there is something you need from us, no matter what it is, I stake my honor and pride as a wolf that I will do whatever it takes to repay you for what you have done for my family."

"Certainly, Alex." Priest, who was quiet all this time spoke, "One thing you can do for us now is to not speak of my daughter's abilities. Should a noble or someone of high authority find out about her, I'm afraid that they'll take her from me. I ask this small favor from you."

"Of course, Mr. Priest. This will be a secret I will take to the grave."

Bowing his head, Alex pounded a fist against his chest.

Sensing that I was about to leave, Brent showed himself to me.

"Will I see you again, Isis?" He asked me as if I was going on an adventure, leaving him behind, never to be seen again.

"Sure! We'll be best friends!"

"F-friends..." Repeating the word "friends", Brent looked a bit sullen, but his face brightened up in hope. Ah, I just friendzoned him. Now I feel a bit sad.

"Then, I'll work hard so that we can become something more than friends!" Shouting such, he stood on the bed and pointed at me.

"Good luck, then!" I cheered him on, waving goodbye as Priest followed behind me and began to close the door.

"Wait for me, Isis! I'll show you that I can defeat a demon with ease! Will you wait until then?" Brent yelled after us, as the door was being closed.

Priest stopped, giving me time for a reply.

"Sure! I'll be waiting!"

Waving goodbye, Priest shut the door.

Ah, he wasn't serious, was he? Yup, he totally was.

Nodding my head with my eyes closed, a big smile on my face, Priest and I walked out of the house and into the bright sunny day.

I raised my hand over my face to block out the sun, looking into the clear blue sky.

It's a beautiful day outside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...