Rental Boyfriend [NAMJIN]

By infintefalltohell

"For him and I, there is no line between truth and lie, there is only our blurred square of love." Kim Namjoo... More

Teaser: A Devoted Father
Chapter 1: Family Love Corp
Chapter 2: He's a little flustered...
Chapter 3: Interview
Chapter 4: I'm sure he misses you too
Chapter 5: The First Day
Chapter 6: Denial
Chapter 7: Death Note
Chapter 8: Feelings
Chapter 9: Tell me about Dad
Chapter 11: I love him
Chapter 12: Confession
Chapter 13: Overworked and Underpaid
Chapter 14: Narrow
Chapter 15: First Date
Chapter 16: Ditched
Chapter 17: Meeting
Chapter 18: The Neighbours
Chapter 19: Caught Out
Chapter 20: Break Up
Chapter 21: My Fault
Chapter 22: Blurred
Chapter 23: Apart
Chapter 24: Reunion
Chapter 25: Our Future (Finale)

Chapter 10: Parent Teacher Interviews

313 23 0
By infintefalltohell

Namjoon waited by the door for Jimin, who was hurriedly looking for shoes.

"Jiminie! Hurry up!" Jimin ran to the entrance, taking a few seconds to catch his breath.

"What's going on with Seokjin-san?" Jimin asked reluctantly.

"He's meeting us there." Namjoon said gently, clearly upset by the prospect. Jimin scowled, 'I caused this, I know I did. I'm the reason why Seokjin-san isn't coming with us, and the reason why Dad is sad. It's because of me...'

"Okay." Namjoon led Jimin outside and to the car, Jimin going into the back. 'I don't feel right going into the passenger seat, Seokjin-san should be there... or in the back with me, I don't know.'

Namjoon started the car and they drove in silence, a stiff feeling in the air. It wasn't from the presence of Namjoon, nor the presence of Jimin, but from the absence of Seokjin.

Namjoon pulled into the car park, stopping the car and sitting in the seat for a few minutes, seemingly anxious by the prospect of going outside. Jimin looked out the window to see what Namjoon was staring at and he saw it. Seokjin. Seokjin, who looked as if he were in pain. Seokjin, who looked lonely without them. Jimin climbed out of the car slowly and went to Namjoon's window.

"You coming Dad?" Namjoon shook his head.

"I'll be a few minutes Jiminie." Jimin nodded and walked to Seokjin, who didn't seem to notice him standing in front of him. Seokjin was leaning against his car, looking the opposite direction of Jimin.

"I'm sorry." Jimin spoke softly. Seokjin turned around to face him, shock evident on his face.

Seokjin didn't think that Jimin would be the one to approach him. He thought that Namjoon would either force him to, or that Seokjin would have to confront him himself. But the turn of events had Seokjin standing up straight, shoulders back, not in a threatening way (out of surprise).

"Jimin-san..." He muttered, looking around with a surprised expression.

"I'm sorry for being so rude to you. My Dad doesn't know what happened, this is of my own accord. I didn't mean to cause a wedge in between the two of you, I suppose I'm just so used to having my Dad to myself that you coming in caused me to be a bit hostile. I know that excuses are never good, but reasoning is." Jimin apologised quietly, looking to the concrete below and avoiding his eyes nervously.

"You didn't cause a wedge, maybe a bit of a gap." Seokjin and Jimin both chuckled, now looking at one another.

"How small of a gap?" Jimin asked cheekily.

"A Jimin sized gap." Jimin looked periodically offended at the jab about his height before laughing again. Out of the corner of Seokjin's eye, he saw Namjoon emerge from the car, dimples on full display at the sight of the two.

"Aww, my son and my boyfriend are getting along!" Jimin laughed, whilst Seokjin choked, momentarily looking confused before realising what Namjoon was doing.

"It would be better if the whole family were here though." Seokjin replied smoothly, taking Namjoon's hand in his. Namjoon grinned wider before facing Jimin. His expression turned serious and concerned, looking to both him and the people passing.

"Jimin, listen. When you left, the people around us gave us some really cold looks." Namjoon started. "And they may look coldly at you too, but you know what you do?" Jimin nodded and grinned.

"Look coldly back, because we don't need no discrimination." Jimin declared quietly, his voice proud.

"That's right!" Seokjin chuckled, placing his hand on Jimin's shoulder and squeezing it before pecking Namjoon on the cheek. Namjoon sputtered, cheeks turning red.

"Seokjin!" Seokjin laughed, liking flustered Namjoon more than anything else.

"I think I like flustered Namjoon." He cooed.

"And I like being on time to interviews." Jimin interrupted, glaring at them both. Seokjin smiled sheepishly, as did Namjoon. The trio set off the building they were meant to be in, sitting in the seats in front of Jimin's dance teacher.

"How's Jimin been doing?" Namjoon asked, curiosity lacing his tone.

"Jimin has been doing very well in my class, especially in contemporary. He has flourished with flying colours. There have been a few problems with bullying, but Jimin has been able to resolve those on his own and get himself a trusty group of friends." Seokjin's eyes widened when he heard about the bullying, looking to Jimin and mouthing: "We will talk about this later."

"Are there any problems?" Seokjin asked this time. Jimin's dance teacher uncomfortably squirmed in her seat under Seokjin's scrutinising glance, deliberately intimidating her.

"Well, not exactly. Jimin has no problems socially or academically as of far. The only one I would truly know of is overworking himself, he's come into my class multiple times exhausted and sleep deprived. I would recommend looking into that." Namjoon nodded, concern written all over his face. Seokjin sighed silently, 'Like father like son.' Crossed his mind briefly before refocusing on the interview.

They talked to a few more teachers before coming across Jimin's Japanese teacher, who Jimin had once stated he was a quote-on-quote: "Flamboyant." Namjoon merely tutted when he saw that teacher, smiling politely.

"Good morning, please, tell us about Jimin." Seokjin smiled stiffly, placing his hand on the small of Jimin's back as if to comfort him. Namjoon told Seokjin all the horror stories Jimin told him about that teacher.

"Oh, Jimin? He's an angel! Brilliant in my class! His understanding of the work he's been given is outstanding! Especially the piece he wrote about the two of you... that was... interesting." Both parents looked to Jimin, who had red cheeks and a flustered expression.

"What did Jimin write about us... may I ask?" Seokjin put in, looking to Namjoon and nodding.

"Oh, he wrote about how the two of you met and fell in love! A Starbucks meeting is very cute if you ask me. Apparently the two of you also dated for 8 months before living with each other?" Namjoon nodded uncomfortably, relieved that Jimin had made the meeting and the living situation realistic.

"Ah, yes." Namjoon nodded, smiling politely once more.

"Shame he didn't write about your sex life; I would've adored reading it." Seokjin choked and Namjoon coughed, loudly gasping.

"Excuse me?" Seokjin exclaimed, horrified. Jimin's eyes were wide in both shock and exasperation. 'How could he just ask that?' Namjoon questioned. 'Who wishes for a high school kid to write about his 'parents'' sex life?'

"Did you say what I think you just said?" The people around them went quiet, listening into their conversation. The teacher merely shrugged.

"Depends, are you listening to me or listening to the noise your sexual tension is making?" Parents around them gasped, and teachers merely sighed, shrugging it off.

"You..." Seokjin started, gripping the table, fists white from annoyance. Namjoon grabbed onto his right wrist, voice going straight to Seokjin's spine.

"Seokjin, he's not going to stop. Either we walk away or we make him listen." Seokjin shivered, letting go of the table and exhaling.

"I don't want such explicit things mentioned in front of my child." Namjoon started coldly, ice venom in his voice. "I do not care whether it was a joke or not, no one found it funny. Quite frankly, this is our first meeting, yet you believe you have the right to ask such things?" Namjoon stood up, Seokjin and Jimin following suit.

Namjoon gave the teacher a glare so distant, /so cold, that it left him in regret as to what he had done.

"This is our last appointment, yes?" The question was directed to Seokjin. Seokjin nodded dumbly, allowing Namjoon to take the lead.

"I believe we will be leaving now. Goodbye." The trio walked out, and everyone near them had gone back to their own thing, pretending that Namjoon definitely didn't scare them.

As soon as they were out of the earshot of other people, Jimin started clapping, Seokjin joining him.

"Namjoon-kun, that was brilliant!" Seokjin exclaimed, wrapping his arm around Namjoon's waist.

"That was epic Dad, did you see his face? He'll be more careful and appropriate in front of students now! He was taking it too far I think, teachers have a place in the hierarchy and expectations to follow, so he should follow them." Namjoon nodded, kissing the top of Jimin's head.

"Good analogy Jiminie, so you're learning some things from said teacher." Jimin laughed and Seokjin smiled, making eyes with Namjoon.

"How about I drive over to your place and we can do something? Maybe watch a movie?" Jimin nodded enthusiastically as did Namjoon, the pair looking very alike in that moment.

"Dad! Can we?" Namjoon nodded, grinning beautifully.

"I'd love to have him over." Seokjin kissed Namjoon's cheek again, making Namjoon go redder this time. He pushed Seokjin away, who merely laughed and pulled him closer.

"Stop making me blush! It's not a good look, must you know!" Jimin tutted, heading towards the car and away from the two lovebirds. 'It's screaming at them, they are so obviously in love, they don't need to fake anything. Dad needs to stop renting him and leaving the money by the table near the door and they need to get together already! Goodness.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

devoted By timtim

Fanfiction

99.9K 5.4K 27
kim seokjin is a very kind and playful person. Jeon Jungkook a single parent of Jeon Taehyung. he is sacrificing his life for his 3 months old son. w...
320K 9.6K 40
Parents : Namjin Children: Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin, Y/N, Taehyung & Jungkook Basically Namjoon and Jin are the adoptive parents of Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimi...
113K 3.8K 17
Namjoon is the Principal of the school and has a 17 year old daughter. Jin is a teacher and has a mute 5 year old son.