Elf of Fire and Light (Book 1...

By SexyBitch99

Miranda has grown up on earth with her parents in their cabin home in the woods. Her mother works surrounded... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91

Chapter 24

1.7K 77 3
By SexyBitch99

Miranda's POV

I watched as a dark-haired dwarf with a regal bearing entered Bilbo's home.

"Gandalf, I thought you said this place would be easy to find." The dwarf said.

"Bilbo," Gandalf said, "Let me introduce the leader of our company, Thorin Oakenshield."

"So," Thorin said, crossing his arms, "This is the hobbit. Tell me Mr. Baggins, have you done much fighting?"

"Pardon?" Bilbo asked.

"Axe or sword? What is your weapon of choice?" Thorin questioned him.

At this point I stopped listening and slipped from one shadow to the next. I went to brew some tea as I knew when Bilbo heard about Smaug he would probably faint. Once the tea was ready, I returned and found them arguing.

"Enough!" Thorin yelled. "If we have read the signs, do you not think others have read them too?! Rumors have begun to spread. The dragon Smaug has not been seen for 60 years. Eyes look east to the mountain assessing, wondering, weighing the risk. Perhaps now the vast wealth of our people now lies unprotected. Do we sit back, let others claim what is rightfully ours? Or do we seize this chance to take back Erabor?!"

As they continued to converse, I thought if I should tell them Smaug still lives. But how would I explain to them how I know? No. It was better to keep it a secret.

"I'm afraid I have to agree with Mr. Baggins, he is hardly burglar material." Balin said.

"That is where you are wrong, Balin," I said, coming out of the shadows.

"Indeed, hobbits are remarkably light on their feet. In fact, they can pass unseen by most if they choose to. And while the dragon is accustomed to the smell of dwarf, the sent of hobbit is all but unknown to him which gives us a distinct advantage." Gandalf added, looking as if his heart had jumped to his throat.

"How long have you been there?" Bofur asked.

"Since before any of you got here." I said.

"Who is this?!" Thorin asked angrily.

"I am a friend," I said.

"Who are you? I refuse to trust someone I cannot see!" He exclaimed angrily.

"I feel you would trust me less if you could see me," I said. "This should get me some points though." I added as I pulled out the talon.

"Is that what I think it is?" Balin asked.

"A dragon talon!" Gandalf exclaimed. "However, did you get one?"

"It was my Adar's," I said.

"Your what?!" Thorin shouted, recognizing elvish.

"My father's." I stated.

"I thought you never knew your father?" Bilbo asked.

"That is true," I stated, "But I have had many father figures in my life."

"Show me your face and I will decide whether or not to take you with us." Thorin said with authority in his voice.

"I warn you Thorin Oakenshield, you should not judge a book by it's cover." I said, as I slowly pulled off my hood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 1K 57
(Title Doesn't relate to the Arkenstone!) A young girl, whose race is barely known to Middle Earth is put in danger when she, her mother, and many o...
3.2K 93 23
Here I am back again with my Elfling series here is book l all over again If you haven't read The first or second, third or fourth book then I would...
424K 18.7K 57
WATTYS SHORTLIST 2018 The heart desires the unreachable. A rare creature born of Middle Earth must undo the damage of her predecessor, who helped for...
249K 7.6K 45
Aúthiel has always been alone. Her dark past is splattered with blood and she struggles everyday to live with what she has done. She depends on no-on...