Rumors

By stormie17

"You will always be my overture lullaby. You will always lead me into something more solid than what I know... More

Prolouge
Pretend -1
It ain't me babe -2
Oil and water -3
Brown Eyes -4
Could this be love? -5
Just friends -6
Mistakes -7
Moving In -8
Stay -9
suitcase -10
I love him -11
Slithering Snake -12
Don't Say Goodnight -13
Overtime -14
The Fair -15
Ghost Of You -16
Songbird -17
Just Girls -19
How long will I love you? -20
Lovers' Carvings -21
Lies and Promises -22
The Party -23
Bulimia -24
Infinity -27
Free -28
Last Call pt 1 -27
Last Call pt 2 -28
Embezzler -29
Always -30
Sunflower -31
Overprotected -32
Euphoria -33
Running with the Boys -35
Weekend Trip (Pt. 1) -36
Weekend Trip (pt. 2)
For better or worse -37
Starting Rumors -38
Like The Old Times -39
American Candy -40
Restless Night - 41
Falling Apart - 42
Something To Fight For -43
Breathe in. Breath out.
Whatever You Want
Lights out
Colorful Mind
Goodbye
Don't Go Home Without Me
Epilogue
Still The One (authors note)

Go insane -18

67 1 0
By stormie17

I walked downstairs fully dressed already. I have a TV show interview to do. It's some talk show. Anne said it's a gossip show. Anyways, I really need people to by my album so I'm doing a lot of these lately.

"Hey, babe. Leaving already?" Harry asked walking downstairs.

"Yeah. I've got to promote my album like crazy now," I said grabbing my bag.

"Okay. But you have to kiss me before you go," Harry said.

I smiled, walked over to him, and gave him a kiss. "I love you, babe. See you soon," I walked out the door and to the car waiting for me.

***At interview***

"So when you were doing you live album party there was a lot of photos taken. But there was one that stood out more than any of them," The photo of me taking Harry to my room came up. I turned red. I tried to stay cool. "Can you explain this?" She asked.

***Flashback***

The album party had started already and I had Access Hollywood with us. They asked and I agreed that they could film and that they could interview while we play snips of my new album.

"So you're new album is called 'Go Insane'. Tell us more about that," The girl form Access Hollywood asked.

The camera panned to me and I replied, "Well it's basically about my life and how I felt like I've been everywhere and in-between."

"Tell us about the first track before we play it," She said to me.

"Okay so the first song is 'Oh Daddy' and its about how that one person is always right no matter what they do," I said. The song played for thirty seconds. The same routine went on and on and I explained some of them. It came down to the last song 'Songbird'.

"So the last song on your album is Songbird. I hear that there's quite a story of how it got to the album and the story behind it," She smiled at me.

"Songbird almost didn't make it onto the album because I wrote it last second. I wrote it after Harry left for tour and told me that he wouldn't be back for a while. I played it for my manager when she was working and she loved it so much that she insisted that we record it asap for the album," I said.

"So this is about Harry," She smiled bigger.

"Yes. It's about how I truly feel for him." The song played and everyone swayed back and forth. The song came to an end and everyone clapped. I looked over at Harry who was smiling ear to ear.

"That was an amazing song," She smiled.

"Thank you," I replied. She wrapped it up, and Harry pulled me to the side.

"I need to talk to you," He said looking around at all the people.

"Okay. We can talk privately in my room," I grabbed his hand and walked up stairs to my room. I closed the door.

"I really like you. Like really like you," He said almost regretting that he told me.

"I really like you too," I smiled bigger. I put my hand on his cheek. He smiled bigger leaned down to kiss me. Fireworks exploded. It was perfect. Harry's hands went down and the kiss got deeper. We kissed and suddenly I was on the bed. "Wait," I said out of breath. "I don't want to go to fast."

"You're right," Harry got off of me with a smile, and we went back out to the party.

End of Flashback.***

"Oh my. This looks really bad. We just talked. Well not just talked. Oh. Um," I pushed my hair and nervously smiled.

"Did you and Harry do the do?" She asked obviously talking about sex.

"No! Well... But no," I was burning up. I was so embarrassed. Anne is going to kill me. I felt like I was drowning in my own words. I'm so dumb.

The interview was over and I walked out of the studio. Anne called me immediately. "Cara!" She yelled at me.

"I didn't know," I said.

"This might be good. People can see that you two are doing well. They'll think it's really real," She said.

"It is now. As of last night," I told her.

"What?! That's great news!" Anne said. I talked to her on the ride home and got her caught up. I went into my place, and looked around for Harry. He must be out. My phone rang and I picked it up.

"This is Steve from Rose Hall Homes. You're mom is at the hospital, and she's lucid," He informed me.

"Thank you!" I hung up with no goodbye and drove to the hospital. I got there and my mom was already in a room. I called Harry and told him to get here. I needed him. I just looked in the room from a distance until Harry showed up.

"What are you doing just standing here?" Harry asked.

"What do I do?" I asked.

"Talk to her. This may be her only time, and you don't know how long she's going to be like this," He told me. He was right.

I took his hand and we walked to her room. "Hey, mom," I said.

"Cara! So glad you're here! Oh who's this?" She asked looking at Harry.

"This is my boyfriend Harry, mom," I said. I was amazed by how lucid she was.

"That's nice. I haven't been in this hospital since I worked here. Do you work here?" She asked.

"No mom. I'm a singer. My second album just came out. Everyone seems to love it already," I smiled.

"Guess I have to get it then," She smiled. She was her normal self. It was so odd. So many years she's been lost and now she can see my face.

"Yeah," I laughed.

"So what do you do Harry?" She questioned with her firm look.

"I'm in a band called One Direction," He mentioned trying to keep his cool.

"Not who I thought she'd end up with, but it's your life," She looked at me.

"Yeah. He's really good for me," I said.

"Where's Doctor Howel?" She asked.

"Right here," Doctor Howel came in.

"Adam," My mom's eyes lit up. "It's been too long," She smiled bigger than I've ever seen before.

"I'm going to check your fluids," He said.

"I know you came here for me," She grabbed his hand.

"Well. I should go," I took Harry and we left.

"Do you think that him and your mom?" Harry asked.

"I have no idea, and I don't want to know. After all this time she's still disappointed that I'm a singer," I thought she'd be happier for me.

"I support you," Harry said.

"Thanks babe," I gave him a quick kiss and we went to get something to eat. Halfway though lunch Harry had to go, and I was left alone. I went home and get one of my CD's for mom. I sat on the sofa and watched TV for a little bit. I didn't want to go back. Around seven I went back to the hospital to see my mom. I bought flowers on the way. I walked up to her room, and I saw Doctor Howel standing at the window looking out and my mom asleep.

"Hey," I said to him.

"I'm so sorry, Cara. You're mom is back to how she was before," He looked down at her.

"You loved her?" I asked.

"After you're father died she'd talk to me, and then I couldn't help but fall in love with her. And I think she fell in love with me," He said still looking down at her.

"I'm sorry. This must be hard on you too," I said.

"She was really happy you came by. She'd talk about you nonstop. She kept telling me that you're happy and all," Howel patted me on the back before he left.

"Love you mom," I whispered and put down the flowers. I took the CD out of my bag and put it next to the flowers. I walked out of the room and all the doctors were looking at me. My mom was pretty big here. I walked out and left this mess behind me. Everything is back to normal. Nothing has changed. I just thought it'd be something more when my mom got her memory back, but I guess not. I walked out of the hospital and saw Harry chatting up a really pretty girl. is that why he left lunch?

I was staying at Anne's place for the night. I told her what had happened and she said it'd be okay for me to stay. I took out my writing book and started writing. I know there's nothing to say. Someone has taken my place. When times go bad. When times go tough. Wont you lay me down in tall grass. And let me do my stuff. I know I got nothin' on you. I know there's nothing to do. When times go bad, and you can't get enough. Wont you lay me down in the tall grass. And let me do my stuff. One thing I think you should know. I ain't gonna miss you when you go. Been down so long. I've been tossed around enough. Couldn't you just let me go and do my stuff. I know you're hopin' to find. Someone who's gonna give you peace of mind. When times go bad. When times go rough. Wont you lay me down in tall grass and let me do my stuff. I'm just second hand news. I shook my head. My phone rang and it was Harry. I don't see why we can't talk. I need to tell hi
That I can't do this. these things with my mom has gotten me all shook up.

"I think we need to talk face to face. I know I over reacted and you did too, but we need to talk," I said.

**With Harry at park**

"Hey," Harry said as he walked up to me. We sat down by the tall grass. "I think we should break up," I said looking down.

"What?" He asked confused.

"You don't love me. You may like me, but you don't love me. And even if you did, you're going on tour. We'd never see each other. You'd be on the other side of the world. I just think it's best," I shrugged.

"Okay. You're right. But I'll think about you every day," Harry looked into my eyes.

"I'll see you letter then," I got up and walked away. I knew that this would be the last time I saw Harry in a long time. If I ever see him again. But I hoped it wasn't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 72 38
Sometimes love just sneaks up on you and sometimes it's for the best. Sometimes though things go horribly wrong and you don't know which way to turn...
3.2K 53 21
"He's my first love." I told my dad. Those words replayed in Melissa's head every time she thought of her boyfriend, Harry. They were total opposit...
561 88 46
A normal day? I wish for nothing more than that. At the moment, my life is a single shard pile that I have to walk barefoot over. With each step, the...
3.2M 45.4K 69
When you bump into someone and make history with them, Your meant to be all along. This is a story of an ordinary girl who eventually falls in love w...