StaR-CrosseD🔱 {Book 1}

By K1nging

-COMPLETED- As if being the Sheriff's son wasn't stressful enough, he had to go fall, and get knocked up by L... More

Characters/Disclaimer
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Season 2
Part One: Tension
Part Three: Repercussion
Part Four: bebé
Part Five: Spiral
Part Six: el deseo intenso
Part Seven: Healing
Part Eight: R's
Part Nine: Swerve
Part Ten: Want You
Part Eleven: Hoes
Part Twelve: Closure
Part Thirteen: Closure II
Part Fourteen: Te quiero
Part Fifteen: Mío
Part Sixteen: Coffee
Part Seventeen: Picnic
Part Eighteen: Hurdle
Part Nineteen: Party
Part Twenty: Party II
Part TwentyOne: Movie Day
Part TwentyTwo: Movie Night
Part TwentyThree: R&R Fin
Part TwentyFour: Q
Part TwentyFive: Q [The Finale]
Epilogue
Book II Update
✍🏽
Spinoff
Christmas Special🎄

Part Two: Confrontation

9.5K 401 336
By K1nging

Quincy James

Nah, Quincy thought, the building's not high enough. If he jumped it wouldn't kill him, it'll just maim him and that wasn't an alternative.
Then he muttered several obscenities, he ought to be ashamed for thinking such morbid thoughts.

Granted, he was stressed and frustrated to a disturbing degree, but he was also happier and more content than he'd ever been in his life, thanks to Sebby. Who would ever have thought he'd adjust to domestic life when that had never been on his to-do list. Sebby and lil Q were his whole world, and even though he's been distant the past couple of days, he'd never do them like that.

He was standing on the roof of Blaze on one leg messing around, but also clearing his head. He'd also been sleeping here the past three days, running away from real life. The door to the roof area suddenly opened, and startled him, causing him to almost lose balance and topple over.

"Whoa whoa whoa! What the fuck man? What are you doing? GET DOWN!!" Rico yelled.

Quincy laughed, and jumped down. "Calm your ass down before you pop a blood vessel or sum." He offered calmly.

"You think this is funny nigga? You never been funny your whole life and you wanna start now?"

Quincy raised an eyebrow and studied his brother, he looked like a heart attack waiting to happen. "You need to calm down bro, relax. Want a smoke?"

"Come on man, talk to me. What's going on? You been hiding out here for days without so much as a text message to your man, you've been smoking fucking cigarettes, fucking up your lungs and shit. And don't think I ain't seen those bruises on your hand, you punching walls for no reason now? I'm worried about you mane."

Quincy's face hardened as he pulled off from where he was leaning by the fence smoking. "I'm fine, worry about your own shit. You ready or what?" He commented and walked out, with Rico reluctantly trailing behind him.

It was a Friday afternoon, and they had to get some supplies for the VIP section. As they walked past the bar area of the ground floor, Mason the bartender eyed Quincy weirdly. "Hey Q." The boy greeted with a smile on his face, he liked to flirt with Quincy but so did a lot of people so he paid it no mind. Quincy nodded and kept it moving.

Rico looked from his brother to Mason. "What's his problem?" He asked.

"Who, Mason? He's cool chill." Quincy replied and kept walking.

"That nígga been fawning over you shamelessly for a minute, you don't think that's messed up?"

"What you talking about?" Quincy chuckled, like he thought the very idea of it was hilarious. "That dude is harmless, relax. You're overthinking shit again."

"Whatever man, let's just go." Rico walked past him and got in the drivers seat.

"Be acting like somebody's daddy for no reason." Quincy mumbled to himself petulantly, then got in too.

——

The ride to the store was quiet, neither of them said anything, the only sound that could be heard was from the radio. Now as they rode back to the club Quincy decided to break the silence. He didn't like fighting with Rico, they almost never argued for real, only playfully, but right now he could see that his brother was upset with him, upset and worried, and that made him feel a type of way. "You going to Letoya's party?" He asked. Letoya was Ringo's girl, and the whole crew liked her.

"I don't know, maybe."

Quincy turned and gazed at Rico curiously, 'maybe' was the last thing he'd expected to get for an answer to that question. "Maybe huh?"

"Yep."

"Are y'all beefing or sum?"

Rico stayed quiet for a while, when Quincy thought he wasn't going to get a reply, he started talking. "I don't know for real. Ring been acting a little strange lately. A little cold, I mean colder than usual, i didn't even think that was possible. He's avoiding me and shit. Sometimes I catch him looking at me funny, I think he's got a problem with me."

"Huh" Quincy huffed. As tempted as he was to say something, he decided to keep his mouth shut and mind his business. This was a journey Rico needed to take on his own. "Why didn't you tell me about pops and the sheriff?" He asked to change the topic.

"Why didn't you tell me about pops and your moms?"

"Don't call her that, and it wasn't my story to tell."

"Exactly."

They stayed silent the rest of the drive. As soon as they got to blaze Quincy noticed a strange car parked next to his, it had an Indiana license plate number. He quickly excused himself and left Rico to unload the trunk. Getting into his office, the last person he wanted to see sat in his chair smiling. "How did you get in here?"

Gloria shrugged. "Walked."

"Cut the shit woman, this the wrongest day to burst my balls i promise." Quincy snapped. His heart raced faster than normal.

"You need to calm down mijo, I just want to talk." Her accent was a little thick, and normally Quincy would find it cute, but coming from her it made him want to vomit.

"Stop calling me that, just because i came outta your dusty ass fish tank don't mean I'm your son."

"Why are you so angry?"

"You're trying my patience. What do you want?"

"We need to talk, do you mind sitting down?"

"I'll stand."

"How about a drink?"

"This ain't no game lady. I don't know what you heard about me, but I'mma splatter your brain across these walls with no problem."

Gloria laughed and got on her feet, and poured herself a drink. "I'm sorry I left you, I want us to be a family again." She said casually over her shoulder.

Quincy laughed sadistically. "You think after what you did to my pops I'm gon be your family, are you crazy?"

"So you think you know the truth."

"Damn straight i do."
Rage almost choked Quincy where he stood.

"You know the truth according to your father, but you should know better than to believe everything you hear. We had a one night stand and I got pregnant, it's as simple as that."

"It don't sound simple to me. Why you lying?"

She chuckled. "After all these years, I suppose he's still claiming I took advantage of him?"

"And you didn't?"

"Hell no, I didn't rape him." The mention of rape sent shock waves through Quincy's entire body, yet he continued to stand stonelike—except for his eyes. He could feel the venom shooting out of them.

"He might've said no but I could tell he wanted it." Quincy's throat shut down, rendering him speechless. "And boy did i give it to him." She chuckled. "Real good too."

Quincy moved with the speed of light as he lunged for her... "he was 15 you stupid bitch—" before he could get to her she pulled out a shotgun on him, stopping him in his tracks.

"Nuh uh sonny boy, take it down a notch. I'd really hate to do the brain splattering today, i love this jacket."

"You better fucking do it hoe ass bitch," He spat contemptuously. "Do it now because the next time i see you will be the last time you breathe."

She laughed out loud menacingly and shook her head. "See, getting pregnant wasn't part of the plan mijo, but like the good Christian I am I gave birth to your disrespectful ass instead of closing my legs and strangling you to death in the delivery room. Oh well, we all make mistakes."

Quincy was so angry now that tears were rolling out of his eyes freely, mixed with sweat. He couldn't help but wonder if this was why he was so messed up in the head. Who's going to come out of this insanity and be sane huh? Why did Sebby love me anyway? Maybe he's insane too. Quincy thought to himself.

"Anyway, the real reason why I'm here in Lakewood isn't to play mommy dearest to you love, i don't have a maternal bone in my entire body. I came here to deliver a message. Your grandfather is in town and he wants to meet with you, he said to come alone." She started to walk backwards slowly to the exit, with the gun still pointed at Quincy.

"Incase you plan to be smart, remember we know where your little girlfriend works, where your child's daycare is, and where to find everyone you care about."  She finally got to the exit and paused. "Oh and, i guess I'm your grandma now." She quipped before walking off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

480K 15K 28
One was a nerdy chess player. The other was an outspoken jock. But they both had a secret. A secret they unknowingly shared. Until one day it came o...
19.3K 813 36
Mike is supposed to be the next captain of his school's basketball club, but the 17 year old play boy is distraught because he has to move after his...
536K 24.9K 59
in·con·sist·ent ˌinkənˈsist(ə)nt/Submit adjective not staying the same throughout. "police interpretation of the law was often inconsistent" .... ...
296K 10.4K 35
Down-low, bi-curious thug, Delontae "Smutt" Williams, has had curious thoughts about sexual activities with the same sex for quite a while. He comes...