His Getaway (bxb) | ✔

By dreammcatcher

Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who wa... More

Author's Note and Characters
Part One: Evan's Prologue
1. gasoline
2. wounds
3. shirtless
4. anger
5. warrior
6. acceptance
7. lips
8. hard
9. humiliation
10. undeserving
11. karma
12. jealous
13. touch
14. mistakes
15. convinced
16. aroused
17. truth
18. blow
19. faint
20. weak
21. protection
22. rope
23. secret
24. drown
25. sunshine
26. stop
27. different
28. mine
29. mark
30. waffles
31. attention
32. punch
33. beautiful
34. promises
35. love
36. heated
37. reject
Part Two: Caleb's Prologue
dungeon .38
father .39
powers .40
sacrifice .41
death .42
home .43
hurt .44
vulnerable .45
deception .46
liar .47
heart .48
blood .49
premonition .50
support .51
Evan's Journal
threat .53
shoot .54
recovery .55
surprise .56
dirty .57
life .58
Epilogue
Exclusive Chapters
Spin Off: Myla and Jake's Story
New Story: BxB Romance

honest .52

80.5K 4.1K 1.4K
By dreammcatcher

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

CALEB VELLA

I didn't sleep, I didn't even shut my eyes once. The fear of letting Evan slip through my fingers again was rattling my body. Evan's lips are pressed firmly to my neck as he sleeps, his breath brushing the hairs on my skin. His little fingers wrapped around the front of my bicep.

Trying my hardest not to tighten my grip on him, worried that I'll wake him up. My brain kept wandering to wanting to smash my fists into Miles' face continuously, how could he take advantage of someone who is so clearly vulnerable and needed help?

Evan stirs in my arms before rolling to the other side of the bed, his skin feeling warm and sticky against mine. I smile and push myself from the bed, it was almost the morning now. The sun shining through the balcony window, lightly hitting the walls.

My eyes look down to Evan in my bed, his tiny body curled up into a ball. The things I would do to Miles to make him pay for what he did to my mate. For the things he said and the things he did.

Gritting my teeth tightly as I pace up and down my room. I needed every strength inside me to not go and hunt Miles down and serve his head on a fucking plate. But it was too late, I was already putting on a t-shirt and sweatpants and letting my anger build inside me.

A grunt comes from the bed as Evan opens his tired eyes before rubbing them harshly. He moves underneath the sheets and presses his palm to the bed to push himself up. Slowly his eyes find mine and he looks at me confused.

"Where are you going?" Evan's voice croaks as he glances at me.

I shake my head quickly. "I-I wasn't," my voice is low.

Evan's eyes narrow towards me, suspicions raising in his body. "I know when you're lying Caleb," he says causally and it shouldn't have made me feel good but it did.

A hand runs over my face before a deep sigh escapes my lips.

"Where were you going?" He says stronger this time, his words demanding as he pushes the black sheets fully off his body and shuffles closer to me.

My jaw relaxes when I realise it was still tense. "I was going to find Miles," I say as I keep my eyes training on Evan.

"You what?" He breathes out in disbelief.

"I can't just sit here and accept what he's done to you, when I know he's got into your head and completely fucked with your feelings. I can't just do nothing pups," my fingers lace through my hair and I look up at the ceiling.

Evan leaps out of the bed and stands directly in front of me. "No Caleb, please don't do that. I beg you, please don't make things worse." His big eyes pleading with me to listen to him.

But what struck me the most was the flash of fear in his eyes, shattering my heart into pieces. "You don't need to be scared of him anymore,"

He swallows harshly, not even trying to dismiss the idea because we both knew he was and that upset me more that I thought it would. "I just really don't want to see him again,"

My lips frown a little too quickly and Evan notices. "You won't have to see him, I just can't let him get away with what he did to you."

Evan reaches for my hand to calm it from the exaggerated gestures. "This is my fight and I'm telling you I don't want you to do that, karma will get him and I don't want that to be your fists." His shoulders lower slightly.

"Okay," I say in defeat. The room falls silent for a few moments, only the sound of my heavy breathing audible.

He doesn't let go of my hand, instead he squeezes it. "I already feel better when I'm with you and that's all I care about," he says quietly. "I don't care about him or what he thinks. All I care about is this."

I don't hesitate to grab his face and press a gentle kiss to his lips. How could I not when he says something so pure and wholesome?

Evan hums in surprise before kissing me back, nothing sexual about it. Just sensual. My lips tingle from the feeling, I didn't know how much I had missed this until now.

He pulls away too soon for my liking, shaking his head. Guilt rides on my chest, I didn't ask if I could kiss him. "I'm sorry," I mumble as I hang my head.

His blue eyes find mine and he continues to shake his head. "Don't apologise," he breathes out. "It's just I haven't brushed my teeth since I threw up and that's kind of disgusting for you."

I can't help but smile. "Like I give a fuck if you've been sick,"

Evan's face scrunches up. "That's nasty," he says before laughing quietly.

His laugh shoots my serotonin through the roof, the sound enough to make me feel high.

Evan's eyes flick down to my hand before looking back up to me. "When Miles spoke to you at the function, what did he say?"

My heart thumps heavily at his question. "It doesn't matter what he said pups," my hand raising to brush his curls out of his eyes.

"I want to know what he said," his voice harsher than before. "I'm worried he's fed you spiteful lies about me."

"And you think I'd listen to a thing he has to say?" I frown as my hand brushes over his cheekbone.

"Please just tell me what he said," his blue eyes flick between mine hopelessly.

I sigh and close my eyes for a few moments. "He insinuated that you guys slept together and you were easy to jump into bed with him an—" I stop myself before I say too much.

Evan's eyes widen and he shakes his head again. "I-I didn't sleep with him, he tried to make me but I just couldn't after what we had." His eyes glimmer with sadness like I wouldn't believe him. "Now my head is clearer I know that he was trying to manipulate me, he was trying to fuck with my head by saying one thing and then contradicting himself the next."

His brows pull down into a deep frown, his brain in a continuous flow of thought. "I thought he was helping me but all along he was just destroying me," his mouth opens to let out a shaky breath. His watery eyes find mine as he clenches them shut. "How could I be so stupid and so blind to it?"

My hands tighten on his cheeks as I sink down to his level. "Please don't blame yourself, it was a hard time for you. Your emotions must have been all over the place and it's easier to latch onto things for support."

Evan breathes out a sharp breath through his nose like my words had frustrated him. "So why did I latch onto someone who was thriving on my misery?" He asks bluntly as his dark lashes flick up to me.

"Stop blaming yourself," I shake my head quickly at him. "It's Miles who is all fucked up and wrong in the head okay, he is manipulative and he is the one to blame. Anyone would have done what you did in your position."

His lips purse as he nods his head. "Okay," he says, the words sounding like they pained him to say.

"Don't focus on him and what's happened, focus on the future. You're safe with me now and you've got another thing coming if you think I'm gonna let anyone hurt you ever again." My eyes fall soft as I graze my thumb down his jaw line.

Evan's lips twitch up into a hopeful smile. "Also I've been thinking," he says slowly.

I hum. "Yeah? About what?"

"About what you said last night, I want to get better help and I think I'm ready for it." He nods up to me.

My chest relaxes, worried that he was going to be dismissive of the idea after our talk. "You know this means you'll be living away from all of us for a little while?"

He nods eventually. "I know, if I want to get better then I'm going to have to sacrifice that. It might not be as bad as I think."

My head shakes towards him knowing that he's completely right. "It won't pups, it's going to be the best thing for you." I say positively.

"Maybe we could go to the local hospital and ask for admission? So I'm not too far away." Evan suggests as his hands lace together in front of him.

I furrow my eyebrows quickly at his words. "No way, you're going private and that is the end of it." My arms fold over my chest.

Evan's woeful eyes watch my actions. "But I don't have any money to go private Caleb, do you even know how much it would cost?" He says hopelessly.

My shoulders shrug instantly. "Well I was already planning on paying for it,"

His mouth parts slightly like he doesn't know what to say. "That's your money Caleb, I can't just take it,"

"What's mine is yours pups, I want what is best for you and that means the best treatment. I'm not going to let you go to some underfunded state run institution when I know you can go somewhere better. I want to know that you will be in the best hands." My voice quietens as I watch Evan listen to every word.

He fumbles with his fingers for a few moments taking in what I said. "Okay," he says eventually. "But when I'm better you'll have to let me pay it back eventually, I want to."

A sigh leaves my lips as I tilt my head back slightly. There was no way in hell I was going to let him pay for his treatment when he had no money, no savings. "Fine," I say through a smile even though I knew it was a complete lie.

"I think we should tell Ava and Jaxon today because I want to do it as soon as possible," he nods towards me enthusiastically.

"Then we will,"

"Ava and I spoke about it a month or so ago and she said that it was a good choice for me but she wouldn't force me. When I spoke to Miles about it he kept saying it was for people who are psychopaths and I would be eaten alive, strapped to a bed and and—" Evan's eyes flick rapidly against my chest as he thinks.

"You don't need his toxic words clouding your judgement," I say as I place my hands onto his arms. "That's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard, this isn't the 17th century, alright?"

Evan holds his breath for a second before nodding at me. "I know, I know."

"Do you wanna go home now to speak to them?" I suggest.

"Yeah soon," he says. "Do you reckon Zara will make us those waffles again?"

The biggest smile stretches onto my face, my lips almost touching my ears. "I bet she will,"

. . .

"Oh my god, my stomach is still so happy," Evan comments as he rubs his tummy. My eyes lay firmly on the road in front of me.

"See I told you they're the best," I smile to myself. "So much better than any other breakfast food."

He hums before falling silent. "I'm feeling kind of anxious," Evan says before looking directly out the window.

My hand moves from the gear stick to his leg and I give it a gentle squeeze. His head whips round to my action, seeming taken back. "It's alright, I'm gonna be there and I know they both want what's best for you."

He purses his lips and nods. "Yeah you're right,"

As we pull up in front of their pack house, I knew for sure I didn't want to see Miles because I'd beat his face into the ground one hundred times over.

Evan hesitantly gets out of the car and walks towards the front door. His shoulders seem rigid as he turns to me slightly. "I-I forgot to bring a key," he says quietly.

My hand automatically raises to press against his back, his body relaxing the second I touch him. "It's okay, we'll knock,"

His shaky hands press on the door bell and he backs away quickly like the ground was going to swallow him whole. Moving my hand to rest on his shoulder instead as I pull him to my side, I notice as he picks at the skin on his fingers in anticipation.

When the door swings open, Ava stands there with wide eyes. "Oh my God!" She yells out before wrapping her arms around his body. "Jesus Christ Evan, we were so fucking worried."

She clutches onto him and he hugs back. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to just leave." He mumbles into her hair. "I went to see Caleb."

Pulling back she holds onto his arms and gives him a once over. "What happened to your face?!" She exclaims as she examines his bruising.

"Did someone hurt you?" She speaks again.

"Miles," Evan breathes out.

"Miles?!" She yells, her voice loud enough to wake up the neighbourhood.

Evan's body becomes stiff again and I knew this was the last thing he wanted to talk about. Ava glances at me but instead of it being a cold glare, it was a soft optimistic smile.

"Maybe we should go inside?" I suggest and Ava nods instantly.

She wraps her arm around Evan's shoulders and slowly walks him into the house, as they go towards the kitchen I shut the door behind us. "Is Miles here?" Evan's quite voice picks up in my ears.

Ava turns to him suddenly and shakes her head. "No of course not, we made him leave. He hasn't come back since."

As they loop round the hall and go into the kitchen, Jaxon's voice jumps the second he lays eyes on Evan. "Where have you been?" He questions, his voice full of concern.

Ava settles Evan on a stool and Jaxon greets me as we perch round the kitchen island. All of our eyes firmly on Evan as he looks down at the marble top. "Last night Miles broke into my room and smashed my head against my bedside table and the shoved tablets down my throat," he says slowly.

A gasp comes from Ava as she covers her mouth in shock. "What the fuck?" She curses. "Are you kidding me?"

Evan's head shakes. "So I left and I went to Caleb's, I just couldn't be here. I didn't wanna be here." He continues to shakes his head over and over and I wanted nothing more than to comfort him but Ava gets to him first.

She grips onto his hand. "I am so sorry we weren't there for you and I'm so sorry he did that to you." She frowns, her eyes look completely devastated and I knew how much Evan meant to her.

"Don't worry Evan, if I ever see him again he's going to wish he never came into our lives. I can promise you that." Jaxon clenches his jaw, a vein popping out on his forehead.

Ava nods, her ponytail flicking with every movement. "Too fucking right, he's going to get a punch straight in the dick and then rip his balls right off,"

Evan cracks a smile which makes me smile. "That's not what I wanted to talk to you guys about," he says as he flicks his eyes between Ava and Jaxon.

"What's the matter?" Ava asks curiously.

Evan's eyes meet mine for a few moments. "I've been talking with Caleb and I want to go to hospital to get treatment for my depression." His words sound so confident that my heart burns with pride.

Ava smiles. "You have my wholehearted support," she says before turning back to Jaxon who steps closer to them. "Both of our support."

Jaxon hums in agreement. "Whatever you need Evan, we're gonna help you to get you better. We want nothing more than to see you happy again."

Evan's eyes glimmer with his tears, a look of relief washing over his face. "I know," he pauses to wipe his nose. "I know it's been a long time coming but it feels right to do it now. And I know I have so many people who care so deeply about me." He says before breathing out all the air in his lungs.

He glances around the room before settling on my eyes. He reaches forward for my hand, his fingers wrapping around mine. "So thank you for being there for me," he whispers as a single tear drips down his cheek.

I move quickly to wipe it away, my thumb brushing over his skin. "Don't thank us, we want to be there for you. You deserve happiness." I tell him.

"He's right," Ava nods towards him. "If anyone finally deserves happiness in this world, it is you Evan."

Evan chokes out a sob, his emotions allowing him to become overwhelmed. My arms wrap around his body without a second thought only for Ava to follow my actions and Jaxon follow hers.

He needed love and he needed care and we would do all we can to get him there.

. . .

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this slightly longer chapter. If you did don't forget to vote, comment, follow!

This is the cutest chapter and if anyone needs that boost to seek help, book a doctors appointment or talk to a friend or family member then this is it! Your mental health matters. Everyone deserves happiness❤️

How is everyone?

I can't wait for the rest of the book, it's only up from here... or is it😈

But for real, the rest of the book really does hold a special place in my heart and I can't wait to write about it!!

Question: what's a storyline you want to read about that you haven't found on wattpad?

See you guys on the next one, Sav x

Insta: SavRose.x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.4K 2.7K 50
The Badger Series (Book 2) Can be a stand alone. Warning: BoyxBoy Mason Badger is a teenage werewolf, he's living in the pack that his adoptive fa...
3.8M 158K 42
Book One in Mate Trilogy Sorenson was adopted at a young age, into a family that was abusive. His 'parents' would adopt more and more children and du...
540K 20.4K 47
A werewolf having a human mate has been engraved in the history of the werewolves. Having a human mate has been forbidden ever since it happened befo...
395K 20K 68
*COMPLETED* After Asher's parents were killed by their enemy pack, he has to take over the position of alpha. Since his parents didn't believe in mat...