Anything But A Fairy Tale

By Raveness

Angelle was a normal girl, living in a normal world. She always hated fairy tales, with all their cliche's a... More

Once Upon A Time
Meeting The Prince
The Prince And His White Horse
Anything But A Prince Charming
The Ruler Of The Castle
The Villian Makes An Appearance
The Evil One Has Been Uncovered
Blood Has Been Shed, The Prince Is At His Breaking Point
Having Ice Cream With The Prince
A Kiss From Her Prince Charming
Say What You Mean
Threats From The Unknown
Making A Deal With The Devil
Leading Up To A Happily Ever After

A Heart Broken Prince

618 5 5
By Raveness

Sabriel slams on the brakes, luckily he was going through a back alley, so he wouldn’t be interuppted the traffic flow.  He turns on the engine and grinds his teeth.

“What the hell do you want?” Sabriel says, with a deadly calm voice.  Blaine just chuckles on the other end of the phone.

“Is that anyway to treat your older brother?  Is saying ‘hello’ such a hard thing to do nowadays?” Blaine coes.

“You don’t deserve that, now tell me what you want!” Sabriel growls, his hand tightening on the steering wheel. Blaine sighs, dramatically.

“Well then, since you obviously don’t want to talk, I just want to let you know that your little lady friend lives in quite the shack...”

Sabriels eyes snap wide open as he inhales sharply.

“How the hell do you--” Sabriel says, quickly, his voice filled with anger and shock before being cut off.

“Well, I’ll talk to you later than little brother.  Be a good boy!  I can’t wait to talk to your friend, alone,” Blaine says, hanging up the phone. 

Sabriel remains quiet, for a long time, before the sound of beeping is heard from his phone.  He slowly lowers the phone, closing it.

 He then looks around, his eyes still wide, as if he was expecting to find Blaine right beside him.  No such luck though.

“What the hell is going on..?” Sabriel whispers.  “What are you planning..?”

--

Angelle sighs, sitting at the table as Jennie rants.  She wasn’t really paying any attention, she was mostly just inspecting her fingernails during the entire thing.

 Jennie really got on her nerves, she couldn’t see how her father would have married such a wench.

“...And then you come home, not in your car, oh god no, but with a boy!  With a god damn boy!  A damn sketchy one at that too!

 What the hell are you thinking?  If you get pregnant, you’re out of this house, instantly.  No second chances, I’ve put up with you through all your shit, and this is how you repay me?” Jennie screaches, slamming her fists down on the counter, leaning down.

“Are you done yet?  I have homework,” Angelle says calmly, looking at her with blank eyes.  Jennie growls and draws her hand back, slapping Angelle across the face.

Angelles eyes snap open, as her head was forced to the side during impact.  It stung.  Really bad.

“You are an arrogant stuck up cow.  Get the hell to your room!” Jennie yells, her face red with anger.  Angelle stands up, tears burning in her eyes as she glares at the woman infront of her.

“Gladly.  I will gladly go to my room, just to get away from you, you fucking bitch!” Angelle screams, turning on her heels, practically striding to the staircase, running up the stairs.  She slams her door shut, once she’s in her room.

She screams in frustration as she walks to her bed, sitting down. 

First Blaine, now Jennie.  What a wonderful life.  Might as well lock Angelle up in the highest tower, and gaurd her with a firebreathing dragon.  Blaine could play that part, and Jennie could be the witch who locks her up.

There’s a soft knock on the door, and Angelle turns to glare at it. 

“What?” She yells, her voice cold and harsh.  It’s silent for a bit, before a soft voice comes from the other side.

“Angelle...Are you alright?”

“Just fucking peachy, leave me alone!” Angelle yells, laying back on her bed. 

She growls as the door creaks open, and soft padding is heard, walking towards her.  She turns her head and looks into wide, worried green eyes.

Angelle’s angered face softens, as she sits up.  Her step sister smiles meekly, hugging Angelle.

“I’ve missed you Angelle..” Her soft, kind voice says.  Angelle’s tears now flow freely, as she pulls her sister close to her.

“I’ve missed you too, Emmie..” Angelle says, burrying her face in her sisters shoulder.

Emmie pulls apart and smiles, sitting on the bed with Angelle.  She had bright green eyes, and thick tight brown curls.  Whenever she smiled, she would get her fathers dimples, and her eyes just sparkled.

Even though she was the offspring of the wicked witch, she was the sweetest little girl ever.  Only six years old.  Innocent, kind, and sweet.  She was named Emerald, for her eyes, but it seems a little tacky now, so her nickname is Emmie, or Em.

Angelle could trust her with her life.

“How was school?” Angelle asks, wiping her eyes, laying back on the bed.  Emmie crawls over to her and cuddles up to her.

“It’s good, I made you something!” Emmie says with a giggle.  Angelle smiles, and tilts her head looking at her.

“Well, let’s see it then!”

With that, Emmie bounces back up, running from Angelle’s room.  Angelle laughs and closes her eyes.  A few moments later, she was back, sitting beside Angelle, holding something.  Angelle opens her eyes and grins, taking her gift.

It was a peice of construction paper, which was purple, with painted maccaroni peices glued to it.  The noodles were in the shape of two girls, holding hands.  Scrawled underneath it in red marker, was  “Emmie and Angelle”.

“Thanks so much pumpkin, I love it!” Angelle says, a wide smile on her face.  She carefully sets it down and hugs Emmie.  Emmie squeels in happyness and hugs her right back.

“Angelle, can I just stay home?” Emmie then asks, leaning back.  Angelle’s smile drops.

“Sorry sweetie, but you have to talk to your mom about that.  She sent you to that private school because you’re so smart, it’s really a good thing,” Angelle says with a sad smile.  Emmie pouts and looks down.

“But, I wanna stay with you,” Emmie says sadly.  Angelle sighs and hugs her again.  Then a voice is heard from the downstairs area.  A voice both girls were happy to hear.

“Hey girls, I’m home!” 

Emmie squeels and lets go of Angelle, smiling again. 

“Daddies home, daddies home!” Emmie says happily, running from the room.

 Angelle laughs and follows her, walking down the stairs.  Emmie was in Jackson’s arms, giggling.  Jennie was standing in the kitchen, probably cooking a meal or something.  Jackson sets Emmie down and smiles at Angelle as she walks towards him.

“Ahh, there’s my little girl,” he says, ruffling her hair.  Angelle pouts and laughs.

“I’m not that little you know,” Angelle says, before hugging her dad.  He then laughs and gently pushes her off of him.

“There’s somebody here to see you, he’s waiting outside,” Jackson says with a wink.  Angelle blushes and rolls her eyes.

Somebody to see her huh?  Well, well Sabriel what are you doing..?

“I’ll be back in a bit,” Angelle says rolling her eyes.

“Invite him inside, I wouldn’t mind talking to him some more.  He’s really nice,” Jackson says, as Emmie pulls him into the kitchen. 

Angelle snorts and slides a pair of flats on.  She walks down the hallway, opening the door, stepping outside.

“Sabriel, what are you doing here?” Angelle asks, looking around.

  She then blinks, making eye contact with golden eyes.

The wrong pair of golden eyes.

Her breath hitches as she backs up.  Blaine smiles, and puts his hands up, as if to say ‘calm down.’.  Angelle pauses, before shutting the door warily, staring at him.

“What are you doing here?” Angelle asks, unable to mask the worry in her voice.  Blaine rolls his eyes and sits down on the lawnchair positioned on the deck.

“Just here for a casual visit,” Blaine says with a smile. 

Angelle bites her lip as she looks him over.  He didn’t appear to be threatening, but she knew that could change in a second.  “Come sit with me, we need to have a chat.”

Angelle slowly walks over, sitting in a chair as far away as possible from him as she could muster.  He faces her with a smile.

“Well, I’m glad to see my baby brother had found such a girl to keep an eye on him...Though tell me, Angelle, what has he said about me?” Blaine asks, with a sickeningly sweet smile. 

Angelle looks at him, Sabriels words repeating over and over in her head.

‘Don’t say anything, keep your mouth shut, don’t tell him anything important..’

“Nothing really..He just told me I’d be meeting you soon,” Angelle says, blinking innocently, forcing her voice to remain calm.

Blaine stares at her with scrutinizing eyes, slowly traveling from her face, over her body, before back to her eyes.  He smiles, as Angelle’s face flushes.

“Well, that’s good.  By the way, if you think you can steal him away from me, you are sadly mistaken,” Blaine says, his eyes filling with hatred again.

  Angelle flinches and looks away.  He smirks and stands up, walking towards her.

“Though, you really aren’t attractive.  Such a lanky body.  Not even skinny.  You have no curves, your hair is flat and boring, not to mention your eyes..” Blaine says softly, standing infront of her.  She leans back instinctivly, as he runs his fingers over her cheek, tilting her head up.  “Your eyes are disgusting.  The color of wet metal..”

“Get the fuck away from her,” a voice says close by. 

Not a very happy voice.

“Right, now!”

Not one bit.

Blaine sighs and stands up, dropping his hand to his side, turning to see a very angry looking Sabriel.  Blaine scowls.

“What are you doing here?  Don’t give me any bullshit, just answer me,” Sabriel says with a loud growl.  Blaine glares.

“I was just paying your friend a little visit, don’t worry my dear brother,” Blaine says with a shrug, glancing down at Angelle.  “Besides, she’s not a very good conversationist.”

“Well, you can leave right now!” Sabriel says, his hands balled into fists at his side.

“Yes, yes, I’ll leave,” Blaine says sadly.  He looks at Angelle and smirks.  “Though, if you ever want to come and visit me, I’m staying at the Prairie Villa, room 403.”  Blaine winks at her, before striding past Sabriel, walking away.

Angelle stands up watching him leave, as she looks at Sabriel with worried eyes.

“How does he know where I live..?”

Sabriel walks over to her, without saying a word.  He shoves his hands in her sweaters pockets, then in her pants pockets.  She yelps and back up, stumbling over the chair, landing on the deck with a thump.

“W-What are you doing?!” Angelle yells.  Sabriel glares at her.

“Tracking device.” 

She blinks and then nods slowly, understanding what he meant.  She then blinks and looks at her shoulder, noticing a small silver star..sticker?

“Is that..?” Angelle asks looking.  Sabriel growls and reaches over, pulling it off her shoulder.  He looks at it and notices really small lines on it.  He growls and crumples it, shoving it into his pocket.

“Look, we can’t talk to each other anymore.  You’re in danger because of me, it would be better if we stopped hanging around each other,” Sabriel says coldly, his voice filled with saddness.

Angelle blinks and stares at him.

“....What..?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 37 14
Eva is a normal girl, with a normal boyfriend and normal dreams...O.K. scrap all of that and let me start again. Eva is NOT a normal girl, she does N...
8.7M 227K 65
WARNING! This story was my first (unedited/draft). Grammer, plot, etc is messy so please beware! thank you :))) - He couldn't get enough of the emera...
105 5 8
It follows the story of a young girl Leela who unexpectedly faces the worst demons of the society. Will she be able to fight back and fall in love or...
4.6M 83K 54
𝑃𝑅𝑂𝑀𝐼𝑆𝐸- (π‘›π‘œπ‘’π‘›) π‘Žπ‘› π‘Žπ‘π‘‘ π‘œπ‘“ π‘Žπ‘ π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘π‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘œπ‘›π‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘‘π‘œ π‘ π‘œπ‘šπ‘’π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘–π‘π‘’π‘™π‘Žπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–...