Trust Me (A Harry Styles Fan...

By 1D_lover_hs

Bethany Smith is a multibillionaire. After her parents die suddenly, she is left in the world to fend for her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79

Chapter 19

10.6K 233 3
By 1D_lover_hs

Bethany's POV

I mentally curse at myself for going out last night. I may have had one drink, but the lack of sleep I have right now made my head pound. I'm not used to getting less than 8 hours of sleep, so waking up at 6 and realizing I've only slept for three and a half hours is a little nerving. 

Who even goes out to a club on Sunday night? Oh that's right, Harry Styles.

I should have never let him talk me into going to the club. I should have settled on that nice dinner date and left it at that. I know I keep saying I want to be a twenty year old and have a life, but when I know I have work the next morning, I know that's not an option. I take one day of a week, usually Sunday and so if I were to go out again, I'll make sure its a Saturday when I do so. 

My alarm has been going off for five minutes, reminding me that it's another dreadful Monday morning. There was some stupid song playing in the background that I knew I would end up hating eventually. So, I pushed myself up quickly and completely regretting my actions. The amount of black spots that entered my vision scared the shit out of me and I had to wait till I could see everything again before standing to my feet. 

After I did, began this weird morning stretch routine that I've started since my parents died. It help losen my muscles after I laid in bed for a week crying. It was theraputic really. I started out by scrunching and unscrunching my toes, occasionally feeling them crack a bit. I hated the sound, but the release in pressure was worth it. Then, I would stand on my tippy toes and move my arms over my head, hoping to release some tension in my back. It worked, because after I was done, I felt like a newer person. 

The sun was still rising when I looked out the window. Everything was quiet too. It was basically like the world had stopped. The entire world below me was peaceful and it was moments like these that I remembered why I allowed myself to wake up this early. Watching the sun rise in the morning was part of my morning routine, and I don't know what I'd do if I never got to do it again. 

Life for me was hectic. I know that. Trying to balance being the CEO of a multibillion dollar company was probably the most stressful thing that could happen at the age of 17. I was proud of myself for running the company and maintaining where it was in the business market. I had achieved at getting it as high as it could go. I was responsible for hundreds of thousands of peoples jobs and one mistake could potentially hurt many of them. I was proud that I hadn't made that mistake and that I had backup plans if that were to happen. 

But life was hectic. I can't remember the last time I got to take a vacation for myself that didn't include me being bombarded with phone calls and emails. It stressed me out and that was something I wasn't proud of. The stress starts getting to you after awhile. It starts to really wear you out and make you tired. It's not a sleepy tired. It's a tired that makes your entire body feel completely covered in weight- like you can't move even if you try. It was suffocating and for that reason, it scared the shit out of me. 

People in this business were always turning towards drugs and alcohol as an escape, but I refuse to do that. I refuse to turn my life into that. I understand every here and there can be very stress relieving if you're just hanging with a friend. But this people in the business world don't do it for fun. No, they do it as an escape. I've seen too many lives go down the toilet for that reason. 

I try to find my peace in anyway I can. The sunrise just seems to be one of them. It reminds me of what I wish my life was like. I wish I could go sit on a beach for a week and just forget about everything, but I can't. I would need someone else to run the company, which is why I'm trying to find the trust in my Vice President which I know he deserves. 

I want to be able to sit on the beach and not worry about anything. I want to be able to sit on the beach and watch the sun rise and set every damn day. I want the stress to go away. I want something to take it away desperately, but I know that's impossible. 

I watch the sun continue to rise before deciding I should get ready for the day. The room feels brisk, probably because I turned the air conditioning on last night. None the less, I wrap my arms around my upper body, hoping that the big flannel with bring some amount of warmth to my body since I was stupid and decided not to put on a pair of pants.

I make my way into my bathroom, and turn on the shower. I strip completely before letting my tired body stand under the rainhead shower head. The warm water seems to relieve some more of the stressed, tight muscles covering my body. The steam opens my pores, for some reason, letting me feel the ability to breath a little easier. 

I make sure to wash my hair and wash my body before getting out and walking into the closet. The outfit I chose for the day was probably not expected to be worn by a CEO of an important company. But at this point, I was tired as shit and was just hoping to make it through the day without passing out on my desk. 

I threw on the sweatpants and old school tshirt before slipping my feet into some UGG moccasin slippers. I ran the blowdryer through my hair for a few minutes before letting it settle at damp. I knew I needed to put on a few coats of mascara because although I didn't care what I looked like walking into work, I didn't plan on scaring all the people that worked for me. 

I ran a hand through my hair one more time before nodding with contentment and walking down the stairs. I needed a quick coffee before I had to head to work. Maybe I should grab something to eat too. I decide on a quick yogurt, a bagel to go, and a cup of coffee before grabbing my purse and heading towards the door. 

After my quick drive to the company's building, I sit in the car, deciding that it is actually way to entirely early to go to work. It's only 7:15 and if I go now, I'll be so early. I usually get there at 9:30, and usually everyone does finishing touches on assignments before I get in. I know they are under a lot of pressure, so I should probably let them work as much as possible before I show up and freak them out. 

I finish breakfast, listening to music in my car until it's 7:30. I might be extremely early, but that just means I have a better chance at leaving early and getting home to do something fun. 

I make my way up in the elevator, popping a piece of gum in mouth along the way. The stupid elevator music that plays in the background makes me even more sleepy then I was before. I can feel my eyes fluttering open and close and I have to keep repeating to myself to keep my eyes open. I can't fall asleep. If I fall asleep now, I'll never get through the rest of the day. 

I take a deep breath before stepping outside of the elevator. I'm pretty sure as soon as I take the first step out, I have everyone's attention. They are all staring at me with confused faces instead of the usual smiles I recieve. Every person sitting at a desk is trying to sneak peeks at me, and it's making me so uncomfortable. Like yes, I realize I probably look like a mess right now, but I came to work, and that's what is important. 

I get into my office, being sure to call Vanessa into my office immediately. She scurries in, practically running. I bite my lip to try and stifle the laugh that is threatening to come out due to her flustered state. She was running all over my office, setting things on my desk, taking things off my desk and rearranging little things like the curtains. I had finally had enough entertainment watching her that I spoke up, almost making her fall from her shocked state. 

"Vanessa!" After saying her name, I watch her arms flail as she comes to a sudden stop right infront of my desk. The small stack of papers smacks straight down on my desk, making her jump again. 

"Yes!" She says a little too loudly, and this time I find myself laughing absolutely hysterically at her shocked state. She seems to relax when she hears me laughing, falling back into a chair that was set behind her. 

"I wanted to know if you had any idea why all my employees were staring at me like I had done something bad when I walked into work this morning." 

She bites her lip, looking out the window. Everything she does makes me want to laugh, and I know that's bad, but she's always so flustered, it's like entertainment. She keeps moving her eyes around the room, trying to ignore me, but when we finally make eye contact, she lets out a long sigh. 

"I heard some girls talking in the break room this morning. It was something about some pictures of you and Harry on the internet and on some supposed magazine cover." Her voice was quiet, obviously sensing this was a rough topic. 

"Oh shit." I run a hand through my hair before typing my password into my computer. 

When the article loads, I let out a loud gasp. Vanessa excuses herself before walking towards the door and shutting it behind her. I'm left staring at an article, with a pictures of Harry and I at the club last night. My heart was pounding out of my chest as I read the article. 

Harry Styles Picks Up Another One?

Thanks to our source, we have gathered credible details on Styles' new sprouting relationship. Though, it's not a model, we find ourselves wondering how she isn't. You all may know her as Bethany Smith, but the real question is, how did Styles come across a business woman with a brain?

Our source says they are working on a project together currently. The two met and from the beginning have obviously had some type of pull towards each other. Bethany may have been dating Chace Williams for two years, but obviously when Harry Styles came into the picture, he ruined that. 

The two have split, leaving Bethany available. Our sources say that Styles was right on top of it, making sure he got the chance with her that he wanted. The two were seen clubbing last night, and it seemed to get a little steamy out on the dance floor and by the bar. The video and pictures are sure to give you some type of intake as to where the two new love birds are in their relationship. 

But as all previous flings, one can only wonder if Styles is actually serious about this one. Can he maintain a stable relationship with a girl coming off a two year relationship when he has such a bad history with other women? We'll keep you updated. 

I get off my computer, and diall Vanessa's phone. When she picks up, she sounds like a fucking mouse. This time I'm too angry to even think about laughing because all I can see is red. When she asks what I need her asistance with, I feel my blood boil. 

"Get Harry Styles in my office. Now." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 732 33
Book one in the Harry Styles Series {1/2} London was a normal girl who had the best friend that you could only dream of. She never thought he woul...
10.2K 477 33
She's the kind of girl you see roaming through the halls quietly, full of anxiety, she worries about everything. She doesn't like to be alone, never...
1.8K 59 22
When she is forced to go live with her father in England, Bethany Thompson thinks her life is over. On her first day she makes a new friend and meet...
24.6K 841 59
Lily's life was as perfect as it could be until she lost her parents. She had nowhere to go and no one to share her feelings with. At this time, she...