Todoroki Shouto One-Shots

By SlothStories101

All angsty one-shots about Todoroki! Warnings at beginning of each chapter :) Enjoy :D All characters belong... More

Introduction
I'm Coming Home
Cake
Let It Go
Shrunk|Part 1
Shrunk| Part 2
Shrunk|Part 3
So Much More Than An Object
"Touya..." | Part 1
"Touya..." | Part 2
"Are You Okay?"|Part 1
Revived

Speeches

5.1K 142 86
By SlothStories101

Summary: Endeavor takes Todoroki to a speech with him. During that speech, Endeavor voices some negative opinions about U.A. and Todoroki isn't having it.

Once the students had been dismissed, the teachers retreated, exhausted, to the teachers' lounge.

"Yo, guys, wanna watch Endeavor's speech?" Present Mic called from the teachers' lounge sofa.

"And why would we want to do that?" Aizawa grumbled.

"Well, Todoroki's gonna be there too!" Present Mic announced, pointing to the screen.

"So, he got special leave from the dorms and he missed heroics class... for a speech?!" Aizawa frowned, unzipping the sleeping bag.

"That doesn't seem like him." Midnight commented from her desk.

"I doubt he has a choice when Endeavor's concerned." Cementoss reasoned, sifting through papers to be graded.

"Imma watch it. It might be interesting." Present Mic continued.

"What's it even about?" Midnight asked.

"Uh- hero duties, crime rates, his son's schooling-"

"Ooh, the last one should be interesting." Aizawa growled. "Wonder what Mr No.1 has to say about us."

"I agree with Aizawa, so I'm joining." Midnight pushed her chair back under the desk and flopped on the sofa beside Present Mic.

"I guess I'll watch it too." Cementoss joined them, sinking into an armchair tiredly.

"C'mon Shouta! Don't you want to see what Endeavor has to say about you!?" Present Mic wheedled.

"Not particularly. But I'll join anyway." Aizawa dragged his sleeping bag over, settling at the end of the sofa.

"Okay!" Present Mic picked up the remote and switched onto the right channel.

Endeavor stood tall, broad chest forward and arms crossed. Todoroki stood a whole metre away, two-toned hair slicked back in a style entirely unlike his usual one. His miserable expression was probably accounted to the fact his full scar was on display and he was missing hero studies for his old man's stupid speech.

"Woah. Todoroki does not look happy." Midnight remarked.

"He doesn't like missing class." Aizawa explained, still scowling.

Endeavor leaned closer to his son, whispering something the microphones could not pick up. It must of had something to do with Todoroki's expression contorting into a strained smile.

"Oh dear." Cementoss sighed. "I don't think he likes media either."

"Understandable." Aizawa grumbled and Midnight let out a high-pitched laugh.

"So, Endeavor, how are your hero duties going?" A reporter asked.

The teachers barely paid any notice to Endeavor's rambling on the first two topics, opting to either review lesson plans or read magazines.

"Endeavor! How is your son's schooling?" Another reporter piped up after 20 minutes of boring talking.

The teachers dropped what they were doing in favour of hearing the No.1's opinion on their teaching.

"Here it goes." Midnight whispered.

Endeavor put a hand on Todoroki's shoulder, but the teen jerked back, fake smile washing off his face instantly.

"Woah! Isn't he a bit jumpy?" The reporter commented.

"Well, U.A. seems incapable of keeping it's students safe from villains." Endeavor said loudly, replacing his hand on his son's shoulder. No one noticed him lightly burning Todoroki as a threat.

"That bastard." Aizawa whispered.

"That does make sense." The reporter nodded to herself.

"I mean, his homeroom teacher isn't that powerful. Honestly, they should hire better people to protect their students." Endeavor continued with a smug smile. Todoroki's fists were clenched, and a clear line of tension was drawn in his shoulders.

"I do suppose Eraserhead is an underground pro. Can't expect him to be that good." Endeavor stated.

"Oh my..." Midnight scowled.

"He's the one always messing up missions." Aizawa growled and Present Mic placed an hand on his arm.

"Todoroki doesn't look happy at all." Cementoss pointed out.

Sure enough, Todoroki was gritting his teeth, deep frown etched into his features.

"In my opinion, Nezu should fire all his staff and replace them with better ones." Endeavor announced.

"I can't believe this man." Even Cementoss was starting to get worked up at this point.

"Idiotic dunce." Midnight muttered, eyes fuming with barely concealed rage.

"He doesn't know anything." Aizawa added. Present Mic just managed to contain his quirk while insults poured off his tongue.

"Stupid, arrogant, big-headed, rude, disgustin-"

"SHUT UP!"

He was cut off by a loud cry from the TV. The teachers stared at in shock.

"SHUT UP!" Todoroki shouted again. "YOU KNOW NOTHING."

"I'm sorry for my son's behaviour. He occasionally has difficulty reigning over his emotions." Endeavor practically sneered his words.

"There are a lot of things you could say about Todoroki and that is not one of them." Cementoss said.

"AIZAWA-SENSEI HAS PUT HIS LIFE ON THE LINE FOR US COUNTLESS TIMES!" Todoroki continued, heedless to Endeavor's lie.

"Shouto-" Endeavor began.

"DON'T YOU 'SHOUTO' ME." Todoroki cut him off. Endeavor's grip on his shoulder tightened, and the teen felt it burning harshly.

"I've never seen Todoroki so angry..." Midnight murmured. "He must really respect you, Shouta."

"ALL OF THE U.A. TEACHERS ARE BETTER PARENTAL FIGURES THAN YOU!" Todoroki shouted, wrenching out his father's grip and storming off the stage with ice crystals forming on his burnt shoulder. He briefly wondered if the cameras had captured Endeavor burning his own son.

"Holy shit." Present Mic whispered, turning off the TV.

"That was quite something..." Cementoss commented.

"I never knew he thought so highly of us." Midnight added.

"That-" Aizawa was cut off by his phone ringing. He answered it with a sigh.

"Hello?"

"Sensei!" Ashido squealed down the line.

"Ashido, what did I say about using this for anything other than emergencies-" Aizawa was cut off.

"Sensei! Did you see Endeavor's speech?!"

"Yeah..."

"What Todoroki said was so cool! And we wanted you to know it's true." Ashido screeched.

"... Thanks."

"Bye Sensei!"

"Bye Ashido." Aizawa hung up, turning to face the other teachers.

"Do you know where Todoroki is?" Midnight asked.

"I don't think he's back at the dorms." Aizawa said worriedly.

"Call him." Present Mic ordered, and Aizawa rifled through his class contacts until he found the teen. He pressed the call button.

It rung once.

Twice.

Three times.

"Hello?" Todoroki answered, sounding slightly out of breath.

"Todoroki, are you okay?" Aizawa asked, putting the phone on loud speaker.

"Y-yeah." He breathed out. The teachers could make out footsteps, running against concrete.

"Where are you going?" Midnight piped up.

"Dorms." Todoroki answered bluntly.

"Oka-" Aizawa was cut off yet again.

"Shouto." A deep voice, Endeavor, said on the end of the line. "Shouto, what the hell was that?"

The footsteps stopped abruptly.

"The truth." Todoroki announced boldly. A few seconds later, the teachers heard a muffled cry of pain.

"Let me go, you bastard." Todoroki choked out.

"Todoroki, what's going on?" Aizawa demanded. A loud crash sounded from the phone, followed by footsteps running again.

"D-dorms." Todoroki repeated again. "Going to dorms." The line went dead.

"Let's get to the dorms!" Midnight yelled, already running out the door. Aizawa and Present Mic were quick to follow.

~

The teachers waited in tense silence in front of the dorms entrance, occasionally glancing at each other before going back to stare at the U.A. gate.

"I'm going to-" Aizawa began to move, but Midnight held him back.

"He's here." She explained, nodding to the boy stumbling in. The cloth on his shoulder was singed slightly, and neck bruised brutally from what could only be assumed was Endeavor grabbing the teen.

"TODOROKI!" Present Mic called out, waving him over. Todoroki's head snapped up, eyes slightly dazed as he stood frozen on the path.

"Todoroki?" Aizawa asked gently, slowly approaching the boy.

"Sensei?" Todoroki tilted his head and Aizawa tried not to wince at the rasp in his student's voice.

"Let's get you to Recovery Girl." Aizawa took Todoroki by the shoulder, only to be met with a yelp of pain.

"Burn." Todoroki briefly explained, allowing his teacher to take the other shoulder. Midnight placed a hand on his back, trying to hide her outright anger at the No.1 hero.

"You three go." Present Mic said. "I have some business I need to take care of."

Aizawa simply nodded, steering the youngest male in the direction of Recovery Girl's office. He tried to ignore the churning hatred in his gut as Todoroki's neck bruise darkened into the outline of a large hand.

"Here we are." Midnight said softly, opening Recovery Girl's door for the two males.

"I swear Midoriya, if you've broken your bones again-" Recovery Girl spun round to face the visitors.

"It's not Midoriya." Aizawa pushed Todoroki onto a bed.

"I hardly ever see you in here boy." Recovery Girl gently prodded Todoroki's arm. The teen just stayed silent, looking down.

"He has a burnt shoulder and extensive bruising on his neck." Aizawa explained from his place leaning on the door while Midnight perched on the bed next to the teen. Todoroki shrugged of his suit jacket, yanked of his tie, and unbuttoned his white shirt to reveal the full burn. Aizawa could not help but recoil when he saw that it was also in the shape of Endeavor's hand.

"Oh dearie." Recovery Girl muttered, inspecting the injuries. "I can only heal your neck at the moment, the burn will have to wait." She planted a kiss on Todoroki's shoulder and his eyelids became heavier, but didn't shut. The healer applied some burn cream to the remaining injury and wrapped it up firmly.

"Thank you." Todoroki said, putting his shirt back on.

"You okay now Todoroki?" Aizawa asked.

"Yeah." Todoroki answered with a small smile.

~

No one knew what business Present Mic had to take care of in the end; although Aizawa was certain it had something to do with Endeavor sporting a black eye throughout his abuse trial. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 186 6
As the title says, oneshots 🙌👏 This is all thanks to my editor @rainisolophobia Here's a few extra details, 🌺 = Fluff 🥀 = Angst 💞 = AU And there...
689 30 8
In which a ship lands in the yard of Class 1-A's dorm building they must help welcome their new friend, Y/n from outer space, to Earth. With her ship...
24.6K 512 28
This story is a Shoto Todoroki x reader. Warning: This story will contain mature language. I apologise if any of the characters seem out of characte...
14.6K 672 40
The weather can be fickle, Arashi Shirakumo knows that better than most. When she joins Class 1-A, she expects life to be much of the same, everchang...