Chef Star in making

By MsAi99

Originally a normal hardworking girl and the only daughter, now a chef in making- aiming to graduate from Tot... More

Author's note
[1]: Pre-Totsuki Arc
[2]
Character Profile
[3]
[4]
Character Profile 2
[5]
[6]: Introduction to Totsuki Arc
[7]
RC1
RC2
[9]
[10]
4th Of August 2020
[11]
[12]: Totsuki Training camp Arc

[8]

700 24 0
By MsAi99

1 month later

"Spring rolls sound nice" she mutter as they both walked past a shop.

"Spring roll? Why all of a sudden?" Souma asked, curious with his cousin's thought.

"Nahh, I just thought that having spring roll for dinner sounds nice. Considering this is an elite school, surely we need to cook our own meal. It's not like we have maid or butler anyway" she explained.

"Hmm, well you right. Do you want to stop for a bit then? I wanted to buy some dried squid snack, we will probably make it to the opening ceremony if we run afterwards."

"Yey! Thanks!"

And so they quickly purchased their preferred goods and afterwards speed up towards Totsuki academy...

-CS-

'Ah~ the typical initiation ceremony- or something' she thought as she watched from the backstage. All high school students currently at the assembly ground for the Welcoming ceremony of all first year in high school.

"...We'll proceed to give the award to the best of the year. The representative of the new first-year- Erina Nakiri."

"Yes" replied a girl, with gorgeously long honey blond hair as she walked up the stage. Hoshi watched as Erina received the award while the students fawning over her. If Hoshi being honest, putting aside her queen attitude, she was actually very beautiful and cute. Not to forget, she's also talented.

Next, after the awarding, the emcee then invited the Totsuki academy director, Senzaemon Nakiri- to deliver his speech.

In her opinion, he is- a man with stern principle. That was the impression Hoshi had upon seeing him for the first time. But, she also knows, that truth underneath it all, he is actually a very doting and loving grandfather. Hoshi truly respects this man- a mafia don of the culinary world, very capable and exudes the aura of authority.

Though, she can't say that she agrees with all of his methods...

She just tunes out the whole speech- already know the gist of it. Rather... there's a more pressing issue.

"Souma, you can just be yourself when you stand out there... but! Don't make an enemy on the first day alright"

"Sure!" he replies. Souma chuckled a bit, seeing his cousin restless- believing that the advice was just her consoling herself. His nonchalant tone seriously putting Hoshi at the edge. She is tempted to go first but decided to refrain herself, as she can become the backup in case Souma still messed up even after her warning.

"...devote to your studies. That's all!" was the last part of the Director speech. That's the cue, for both of them to walked up the stage and introduced themselves.

'Ok! Let's do this' she said. Bracing herself for everything. Then, the emcee announced,

"To conclude with our opening ceremony, we will now invite 2 students who were admitted to the high school section, please welcome"

And so Souma walked in front followed by Hoshi. Souma then take the mike,

"Umm, this is the first time, and expressing my attention on stage it's a bit embarrassing.." he said while scratching his chin. Hoshi just put on her calm face, although she started to get annoyed with loud students at the assembly and with her cousin mumbling. Anyway, souma continues,

"Well, I will keep it short. Ermm, I'm Souma Yukihira. Coming here with my cousin- Hoshi Amemiya. And truth to be told, I only think this academy as a stepping stone. I got admitted here unexpectedly, but I don't plan to lose to some bunch that has never stood in front of clients. Now that I'm in, I will take the top. Ah! Best regards for the next three year" and so he concluded his speech while looking at Hoshi, smile proudly thinking he did well.

Hoshi just smiles, but promise a very painful and long nagging after this. Anyway...

She looked forward, and the crowds proceed to boo Souma who already left the stage. She just sighs, and take the mike.

"Hello everyone. My name is Hoshi Amemiya and..." she put her hand on her chest and bow slightly as she continued,

"I sincerely apologize for the anger caused by my cousin speech." then she stands up straight, with a very sincere and polite smile. She continued "I, also, the same as every one of you, I came here with the target to be the very best chef. If anyone of you wanted to challenge me, don't hesitate. I look forward to spending the next 3 years with all of you. That's all, thank you" with that, she leaves the stage with the crowds already calmed down. Truth to be told- she used [Eloquence] and [Calmness]- two additional feature she gained from levelling her language skill to level 14.

It probably took effect just now, hence Hoshi smiled for the experiment is a success... though.

She immediately looks around and saw Souma; with Erina walking by, leaving him. She smiled and decided to greet her, "Good morning Nakiri"

"Good morning Amemiya. Nice speech just now... Also, out of curiosity, why are you wearing a male uniform?" she asked while pointing at Hoshi uniform. Hoshi replied,

"I feel more comfortable wearing pants instead of skirts, so here I am in this uniform," she explained. Erina just nodded- though she still finds it weird to find someone crossdressing, but decided that's not much of a problem.

"I see, alright then, though you might want to clarify to people that you're a girl though"

"Well, maybe when I need to. Gotta go then, bye"

"Bye" Nakiri left. Hoshi finds it amusing- the fact that both of them can talk smoothly without much problem and her complaints on Souma... oh yeah~ she still activates her [Calmness] features. Need to switch it off... Now then,

"Souma~ where are you~," she said with a very dark tone. Souma immediately break into a cold sweat,

'Oh damn it, I messed up' is the only thought he had when he saw Hoshi chuckled darkly.

Rest in peace, Souma...

-CS-

Sometime later...

"Erm, so you are Tadokoro-san, right? So let's work together" said Souma as he smiled to the pigtail blue hair girl who seems to be quite nervous.

"Y-yeah..." she replied. Though she secretly takes a look at his red cheek.

"Umm, what happens to your cheek?" she asked, and Souma immediately shivers.

"Well, let's just say don't piss off your cousin or you will be pinched like this... ahaha" 

And so they proceed with the task given by Chapelle-sensei in their first class.

-CS-

In some other class...

She was still huffing. Though her annoyance already resides a bit. Apparently, they are in a different class, hence she is currently attending another class by a different sensei. Not that she minds though.

"Today, we're going to make beef stew, please partner up," said the Sensei as soon as she walked in. Listening to this instruction, she just sighs.

'This will be quite troublesome...' she thought as she stands there. Obviously, everyone already partnered up except her. She's the newbie here, who would want to partner up with her? She already determined to start her assignment alone when suddenly,

"Hey, Amemiya-kun, you don't have a partner yet right?" she turned around and saw a boy, with blond hair and a little bit haughty smile.

"Yeah, I don't have one yet."

"Great, then we can be a partner for this class. I usually partnered up with my twin brother, but we're in different class somehow for the first class. By the way, my name is Takumi Aldini" he explained.

"I see, then let's do our best, Aldini-kun. And you can just call me Hoshi"

And so they start their assignment for the morning.

-CS-

Once the class ended, she quickly cleans up her working station and ready to leave when...

"Wait, Hoshi, did you perhaps have experience in working too? Serving real-life customer"

"Yes, the same as my cousin. We have our own diner, of course, he's Yukihira and mine is Moonlight. From the fact you asking me this question and your efficiency in completing the assignment just now- you probably the same as us then. A trattoria?"

"Yes, bingo! Our Aldini Trattoria. That's why, if you talked about experience-wise, then I won't lose. Let's compete, to see who is a much better chef, and as of now, both you and him are my rival" declared Takumi proudly. Hoshi just mentally sighed, another bother. She replies,

"Well, it's a bit troublesome, so maybe not. But you can have a healthy rivalry with my cousin instead... and speak of the devil, there he is. Souma!" she shouted, waving at him. Souma, noticing his cousin, immediately walk to her.

"Yo, Hoshi. What's up?"

"Nahh, nothing much. Just wanted to introduce you... eh where did he go?" she puzzled. She looked around but it seems like he already disappears. Well, it doesn't matter.

"Anyway, let's go to the lecture hall," she said while walking together with Souma, heading to the next building where the next lecture will be held.

-CS-

Later that evening...

"Are we there yet?" said Souma. Since earlier, they have been walking from the school building through some forest, passing by big and technology advanced building to head towards their dorm. Hoshi, who since earlier, using her skill, also tired. They have been walking for who knows how long.

She remembered that in the story, the distance was so far.

But she never thought that it will be this long!

"Hey, you know what Souma, maybe we should take a driving license or something. That way we can ride scooter here"

"Sure, let's do that soon" souma agreeing with her suggestion. Walking this far every day will be the death of them.

Sooner after that, they finally arrive. The Polar Star dormitory.

On first glance, it looks dark and eerie. Very much what one expected from an old standing building.

"This is very different..."

"Then what you expected?"

"Yeah... well, let's go in. I'm tired..."

"Yeah..."

Though, once inside, both of them were greeted by another kind of chaos. Pig, chicken and goose running through the hallway, chased by a girl with orange hair. She's probably the owner. And the smoke all of a sudden filled the dormitory- and then a thunderous voice echoed throughout the building.

"Hey! Room 208! You went and modify the lounge room to the smoking-room again. Shall I make you into smoking chips instead?! And don't keep gibier in your room 116!"

The orange hair girl just shouted sorry as she proceeds to chase the running animal. It was such a bizarre sight, then Souma thought,

'Great I'm coming to a weird place again...' - Souma thought, as he sweatdropped at the appearance of an old lady- who introduced herself as the Polar Star Dormitory Manager a.k.a the Dorm mother- Fumio Daimidou. Also called as Fumio-san.

Meanwhile, Hoshi just remains calm, though she honestly amused with the hectic situation inside the dorm- talked about oddball den...

"I assumed both of you have prepared ingredients for the test?"

"Test? What test?" Souma asked, puzzled by the sudden mention of the test. No one ever told them that.

"Then I'm afraid you both need to camp outside tonight. Only those who passed get to live here" Fumio reply, ready to turn over those two pitiful students.

Souma was about to retort, saying that the cold on April night is not something to take lightly off- as he also worried for his cousin. No girls should sleep outside at cold- he thought.

That's when Hoshi suggest, "However Fumio-san, as long as there some food leftover, if we can make a decent meal, you will accept it right?"

Hearing that, Souma immediately nodded, "That's true. as long as there some, we can still prepare a good meal for you... So, where's the kitchen?"

Fumio finds the pair interesting- but she also dislikes those who bluff, saying that they can cook with whatever left. However, she still leads both of them to the kitchen.

"Alright, here's the kitchen. Just so you know, I hate kids who bluff the most. How many students dishes do you think I have tasted? Don't think that an improvised dishes can simply earn my passing mark..." she said, as she watched the 2 students, admiring the kitchen and inspecting the leftover ingredients.

After looking around, they nodded.

"Yes, don't worry Fumio-san, we will make a decent meal for you," said Hoshi, as she took out the spring roll sheet from her bag.

"Yeah, this much will do. So Polar Star dormitory mother, Fumio Daimidou-done, just sit back and wait" he continues, tying up his white cloth on his forehead- ready to cook.

Souma has chosen to make Mackerel burger while Hoshi: she decided to make Spring roll: revised edition.

<Spring roll: Revised edition>

Hoshi started by chopping carrots, cabbage and some mushrooms that were left in the vegetable basket.  Make it thin and bitable size. Then she put it to her side and took one of the mackerel tin while giving the rest to Souma. she quickly drained the mackerel of its juice and switch on the stove.

Saute cloves of garlic and onions until aromatic, she then put in carrot, mackerel, cabbage and lastly mushroom in order. Once well cooked, she switches off the stove and placed it on wide board to speed up cooling.

Next, she whisks some egg and added some cornstarch in it. This was used as glue of sort when she finished rolling the whole ingredient.

Carefully, Hoshi placed the filling inside the wrapping and folded it appropriately. In the end, she daps the cornstarch with egg mixture before setting it aside. Once done, the mackerel juice she set aside earlier was used to lightly covered the spring roll. Then, she immediately fried it and...

"Fumio-san, I've done with my dishes, please relax and enjoy, a light snack suitable to munch at night. Not too heavy nor too oily. Hope you like it" she said cheerfully as she set the dishes in front of Fumio. 

The smell of well-seasoned cabbage and mackerel certainly aroused her appetite. Without wasting time, she took the first bite.

"It was crunchy, fresh and certainly not oily. It's light to my stomach as well, Well done!"

"Ah! Don't forget to dip it in the sauce."

Fumio looks at the small plate and takes a dip, immediately taste it.

"This... honey and soy sauce?"

"Yes! It is sweet, and complimentary with the savoury flavour of the spring roll. Usually, it will be chilli sauce... Also, you seem to have a sore throat, so honey is the best for you. It won't automatically cure, but it surely will help soothe it" she added with a smile.

Fumio nodded in amazement, like the way Hoshi very perceptive with her current condition. Then, once Souma finished, she was in with more surprise.

"How on earth~ as far as I know, there were less than 1g of meat left. How can you make a very meaty fleshy hamburger!"

And so Souma explained- using the mackerel, onions, breadcrumb and egg to make a hamburger. Then, the mackerel juice added with potato starch and ponzu to produced a great sauce with refreshing flavour. On top of that, not having kelp and katsuobushi definitely did not stop him to produced such favourable egg soup- one that brings Fumio-san to a dreamland. Apparently, he used dried squid as a substitute.

Truly amazing- Fumio remark as she saw those two students retired to their own room- passing the test with such limited item. 

It seems that there are 2 new stars, shining around the moon again...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

994K 38.3K 108
Shokugeki no Soma Various x Female Reader. It was a normal day for you, Quarantine was really boring and it was already 7 in the morning. You just ma...
14.8K 447 16
"𝕋𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕡𝕖𝕤...𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕥𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕠." 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗻𝗼𝗶𝘀𝗲, 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗮 𝗳𝗮𝘂...
483K 11.1K 90
Akashi Kurumi left Totsuki Culinary Academy only to come back a year later because of some reasons that she has yet to know. The longer she stays at...
74.8K 2.1K 37
"Don't you get it? I chose you. I fucking chose you over everything else because you're special to me. I chose you, because I love you!" A story wher...