You Only Live Once | lrh

By jawdroppingluke

"Are you sure you want to do this, baby girl?" "You only live once." Warning: strong language, potentially tr... More

0.1
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
Epilogue
Author's Note

0.2

174 5 0
By jawdroppingluke

E M B E R

Come Monday, I arrive at school early, and I go up to my locker, only to bump into my most favorite person in the world.

"Everett."

"Ember," he replies, narrowing his green eyes at me.

"Please move. You're blocking my locker," I tell him through clenched teeth. He moves, and I open up my locker, trying to find my books.

"I want you back," he says.

"Good for you."

"That's it?"

I look up at him, studying his handsome features. His brown hair falls onto his forehead, and he brushes it back with his hand. "Yep," I say after a moment, my heart beating a mile a minute.

"I miss you," he says softly, leaning closer.

"Everett, look. I miss you, too, but—"

"Then what's left to say?" he whispers, his green eyes staring into my brown ones.

"I-I," I stutter, unable to think straight with him this close. His familiar scent floods my nose, and tears prick my eyes. His lips suddenly slam into mine, and I gasp in shock. He takes the opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth, immediately taking dominance. "Everett," I mumble against his lips, trying to push him off me. He ignores me, only kissing me harder and grabbing my hips. "Stop." I shove him again, and he pulls away. "Get off me," I snap, shoving him in the chest.

"I thought you missed me?"

"I do, but I can't take you back," I reply, smacking his hand away as he tries to wipe a tear off my cheek.

"Ember, how many times do I have to apologize?"

"I've given you so many chances, Everett," I sigh, finally managing to grab my books. I close my locker before looking at him again.

"I know. And I'm sorry. I love you, Ember. You have to take me back," he begs, his eyes glistening. For once, I actually believe his apology.

"I need time to think about it," I tell him, and he nods frantically.

"You still have my number, yeah?"

"Yes. I'll text you, okay?"

"Okay. Thanks, Em. I love you," he says again, backing up a bit. I just nod and walk past him, wiping my eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64 0 20
No description. Read to find out...
618 40 20
Please enjoy your stay. Your secrets are safe with us.