Better Than Ever

נכתב על ידי universe_vrse

"YOU FUCKING BITCH!" I heard a loud thud as something dropped on the floor. "Guys! Come here!" I hesitated a... עוד

disclaimer x characters
chapter 1 : me
chapter 2 : morning
chapter 3 : are you serious?
chapter 4 : he is serious
chapter 5 : gratitude
chapter 6 : change
chapter 7 : surprise surprise
chapter 8 : unexpected event
chapter 9 : allies
chapter 11 : first night
chapter 12 : white swan
chapter 13 : treasure hunt
chapter 14 : harder than expected
chapter 15 : first place
chapter 16 : time-out
chapter 17 : spooky night
chapter 18 : go and lose
chapter 19 : stay
chapter 20 : a day in heaven
chapter 21 : wednesday
chapter 22 : better than ever
chapter 23 : rivals
chapter 24 : one last night
chapter 25 : d-day
chapter 26 : the strengths
chapter 27 : the graces
chapter 28 : the brains
chapter 29 : revelation
chapter 30 : friends forever
chapter 31 : something new
author's notes : confession

chapter 10 : it's not that bad

24 3 0
נכתב על ידי universe_vrse

He then proceed to sit next to my right.

"I guess we're going to have a lot of fun together, Eddie." He said.

"Ugh, I can't wait for it." With that being said I rolled my eyes. He chuckled.

Then, a loud beep sound erupted.

"TIME'S UP. TO THOSE WHO LOST THEIR NECKLACES AND DIDN'T FIND THE CHECKPOINT, YOU ARE ORDERED TO GO TO THE GYM IMMEDIATELY AND THOSE WHO MANAGED TO FIND THE CHECKPOINT AND PROTECTED THEIR NECKLACES, STAY THERE AND WAIT FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS."

"They were wild out there bro." Ander spoke as soon as the voice stopped.

"I know right. I didn't know that they can be this aggressive." Sofia responded.

"Lucky for me, I was already here since the beginning." I decided to jump into the conversation.

"Are you really?" Noah asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah, I decided to come here after someone tried to fool me to sit with them at lunch." I was being shady, I admitted.

"Hey." Ander elbowed me. "I'm not, okay? I really want to you sit with us." Ander defended himself. I looked at him dead in the eyes. "Well, they wanted to hurt you, not me. I was about to tell them to leave you alone if you agreed to sit with us." He explained.

"Whatever." I replied and continued to read my book.

"I'm sorry, okay?" Ander. whispered in my ears.

I sighed. "I forgive you, Ander." I rolled my eyes. "Don't bother me, I want to finish this chapter." He nodded and looked at his phone.

"Don't you guys think it's weird that our school suddenly did this?" Elena said and caught all of our attention. "I mean, they never done something like this before." She finished.

"You're right, Elena." Sofia responded. "I think it's more than just a game." She added. Noah just listened to them.

"Well, maybe they want us to have fun. You know? This is like an escape from homeworks and assignments." Javier said.

"I agree." Ander responded. "Eddie?" He called me all of the sudden.

"I have no idea but I think it can be both. What Elena and Javier said might be the reasons why they did this." I told them. "I wanna have fun really, it's been a while."

Then...

"GREETING STUDENTS. THE FIRST GAME IS OVER. NOW, LISTEN CAREFULLY."

"I'm so excited." Sofia said.

"THERE ARE TEN CHECKPOINTS. EACH CHECKPOINT HAS MORE THAN 5 MEMBERS. THOSE WHO ARE AT THE SAME CHECKPOINT ARE YOUR TEAMMATES."

"I knew it." Elena said.

"FOR NOW, STAY AT YOUR PLACE. WE WILL BE SENDING YOU THE BEDS FOR YOU TO SLEEP ON AND WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH SOME CLOTHES. YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT FOODS AND DRINKS BECAUSE WE WILL GIVE THEM TO YOU LATER. THAT'S ALL FOR TODAY. REST AND DO WHATEVER YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT GOING OUR OF YOUR CHECKPOINT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED."

"You have been warned." Javier mimicked the voice and all of us laughed.

"So, I guess we are going to sleep together." I told them. They nodded. "We're lucky though." I added.

"Why is that?" Noah asked. He looked more comfortable with us now.

"Well, look around." I told them. "This library is clean, enough space for us to sleep, eat and there's a toilet here so basically, we have an advantage. We can also lock the door from inside." I paused.

"Why should we lock it? How can they send us the things mentioned before if we lock the door?" Ander asked me. Others nodded.

"Well,we locked it after they send us the things, silly." I explained."I also think that, it's not going to be that easy. The voice said that 'you have been warned', remember?" I paused.

"Yeah???" Sofia, Elena and Javier said in unison.

"Well, something might happen, so we should prepare ourselves for it. The necklace." I grabbed my necklace. "Those who failed the first game might be the ones who will try to get it." I finished.

"Better safe than sorry."  Noah saved.

"That's true though." Ander said, agreed with us.

"Yeah. It's better to lock it once they send us the things." Noah responded.

Then, those in all black outfits came in with the beds, clothes and foods.

They put it all in front of the counter and left.

We all walked closer to the counter. Javier immediately locked the door.

"Wow. Look at them, look so delicious." Javier said as he looked at the foods.

"Control yourself, Javier." I told him. "This is for all of us, remember?" I stated and he nodded.

"Noah, help me to put all of these there." He nodded. We began to put all of it on the table on the right side of the library where there's a mattress on the floor.

"Well look." Sofia said. "They're six beds. A pile of clothes with our name on it." She then looked up. "Of course they know, look." She pointed at the CCTV.

We all looked at it.

"I suggest you both to not have sex here." Sofia said to Javier and Elena.

"We won't, Sofia." Elena confirmed. "We are very careful with those things. Am I right babe?" She asked Javier.

"Yeah, baby. We know the limits so y'all don't have to worry." Javier told us.

"So, everyone take one bed each and choose where you wanna sleep. The clothes included." Ander told us.

"We're going to sleep there."Elena pointed at the left side of the library behind the bookshelf. "Let's go, babe." She told Javier. Javier volunteered himself to bring their beds and Elena bring their clothes.

"I'm going to sleep between the bookshelf." Sofia pointed at the middle of the library.

"Ummm. I'm going there too but between the bookshelf next to her." Noah said. They both walked away.

"It's just us now. So, where are we going to sleep?" Ander said to me.

"We?" I asked him. He nodded. "I'm sleeping alone." Then, I walked to the the corner of the right side of the library. The lighting is quite decent and it's clean.

I brought my bed there first and they returned to get my clothes.

Once I got back from the counter, I noticed that there's another bed beside mine.

"You gotta kidding me." I proceed to put my clothes next to my bed. "Im gonna have nightmare."

"Nope, I like it here." Ander said as he came back and stood behind me.

"Whatever." I told him and I started to arrange my things. He chuckled and did the same.

It's only 2:23 p. m. and I sat on my bed not knowing what to do. Ander lay on his bed and scrolled through his phone.

"Ander." I called him.

"Mmhmm." He looked at me.

"Do you snore? I mean, I'm going to kill you if you do." I told him truthfully.

He laughed. "I'm not, Eddie but I'm very cuddly
when I sleep." He replied.

My eyes widened. "Don't even try." I warned.

"I'll try. No promises." He said as I rolled my eyes. He laughed.

This week is gonna be so fun. I can tell.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

371 10 19
Days that she's have lived through Days she hasn't forgotten Its time to reclaim her life That she left in them days All feedback welcome, if you pl...
1.8M 94K 44
"New student, right?" the Principal asked me. I nodded meekly, hoping that he would turn out to be a patient suffering from short term memory loss an...
584 104 47
A teenager, Harper Hollick, has currently removed herself from the upper-class group due to a situation that triggered her flight, leaving her to be...