the beach | noel miller

Bởi laurakinneyX-23

"if I told you that I loved you, tell what would you say? If I told you that I hated you, would you go away... Xem Thêm

introduction
prologue
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii

xvi (rewritten)

1.1K 38 34
Bởi laurakinneyX-23

It's been a few weeks since Rose and Noel last saw each other, they've thrown a few texts around but other than that radio silence. Most times when Noel was over at their house - she wasn't there. Unbeknownst to Noel, Rose has been making an effort to enjoy her summer, her final summer before she tries to become a professional dancer.

Rose lies in the sun on her beach towel while her friends either enjoy the water or lie next to her. The group she normally gives her time to at school all decided on a beach day, Rose although rolling her eyes at the idea she'll have to see the people she typically sees Monday-Friday, she said yes. Propping herself up on her elbows she pulls her sunglasses down her nose using a finger, "whats the time?" she says looking towards her long time friend, Savannah. "Just after 4:30." "Hm" is all Rose returns, lying back down in the sun trying to bask in its warmth. Her efforts to basically make herself burn are interrupted when she hears her phone go off. Rolling on her side she puts her hand on the forehead, attempting to read the dimly lit screen. She's met with a text from her and her brother's friends.
Frat Bros and Hoes 🍺

Sam: anyone down for a kickback tonight? we can have it at mine I'm so bored.

Devon: you don't even have to ask u had me at party

Marcus: Sure :)

                      Rose: Devon he didn't even say party.

Cody: yup sam we'll be there

Kelsey Kreppel: he means him and I** ur an idiot Cody it looks like you said yes for Rose.

Cody: :(

Devon: come on rose pose

Sam: rose we'll let u stay up past your bedtime

Jessie: Pft, Rose if you do come you can hang out with us girls, fuck the guys 🙄🙄

Devon: hey she's one of us.

                                   Rose: You all look pathetic :(
              Rose: I'm with friends, you know that.

Devon: So ditch them? Why r u hanging out with kids anyways we all know you're well above ur years Rosie 😋

Cody, Marcus and Jessie all haha'd Devons text

Noel Miller: Yo Sam mind if I bring a friend?

Cody: you got a girl????

Sam: course not man

Rose freezes when she reads Noel's text, she hasn't seen that name on her phone in what feels like forever. Her mind starts to wander about who is this friend. She thinks it could be Spock? She's heard him mention a few times. Or a girl. It could be a girl. What if it's Mia? The girl from the bar? Rose feels herself frown at her brain's thoughts, get it together Rose she tells herself.

Frat Bros and Hoes 🍺

Sam: course not man

Noel Miller: Sick thanks dude

Rose: If I hear the word dude in his groupchat again I'm clawing everyones eyes out.
                    Rose: Women and children are spared.

Noel Miller: Teach me some more words then, my vocab is short :/

                                                  Rose: It shows.

Devon: And we're off with Rose Kolxjskskd in the lead, Miller not far behind. Who will win? Who will take home the million dollar prize? Place ur bets.

Cody: hey that's my last name too spell it right :(

Devon: sorry baby x

Sam: anyways Rose you coming? mi casa su casa

She debates for a bit, looking around at her friends she's currently with who she also wants to desperately leave but weighs her options. Spending time with people her own age? Or people who peaked in high school. It's probably gonna be neither, she decides.

           Rose: No, mi casa will be my room tonight. Rose: It's mi casa es su casa, by the way.

Cody: U can go there after we get home
Cody: Being home alone is sketchy af what if u get murdered 😖

                  Rose: Good, adrenaline rushes are fun.

Devon: so just drink a redbull and come??

Noel Miller: Just do a line of coke it'll be more fun.

       Rose: You buying?
Cody: Hey!!!!

Noel Miller: Still cant afford that cup of noodles, sorry Banks :(

Devon: Babe autocorrect to banks? 😏

Rose: Devon I swear to fucking god.

Jessie: why are you swearing at yourself </3

Devon: Don't make her ego bigger Jess wtf

Rose: Thank you Jessie.
    Rose: Devon you should tell her about the crush you have.

Devon: WHAT THE FUCK?
Devon: ROSE???? She's joking
Devon: Shes JOKING!!!!!!!!!!

Happy with the bomb she dropped, Rose exits out of the message app, awaiting the minute Devon starts blowing up her phone. She decides to look through photos, finding the one she really likes. She sends it to the girl sitting right besides her, asking if she can post it. "Sure we look cute" Savannah says agreeing with Rose's choice of photo.

Like by: kelseykreppel, thenoelmiller and others
Tagged: savannahmorello, bakerwright,   nadiawilliams, yen_ying and kai.reves

rosekold: Sav and I :)

devonspinnler: where r ur pants?????
           ↪️rosekold: Left them at your moms house.

codyko: blue ass water
↪️rosekold: It's hardly blue.

kelseykreppel: Cuties!!!!

yen_ying: push the t-shirt higher!!!!
↪️codyko: hey?!?!?!
↪️yen_ying: @codyko cody i'm gay
↪️user1: LMFOADJFJFJ

user2: she's SO CUTE 🥺🥺

user3: wish she showed up in codys vlogs more
↪️user4: IKR!! she looks funnier than cody
↪️rosekold: @user4 You're absolutely correct.

user5: she hardly smiles this is a nice change 🥰🥰

user6: shes a stone cold bitch (as she should) AND makes ur mom jokes... loml I think.

view all 2,496

Happy with her post (and secretly that Noel liked it within minutes) she sighs to no one in particular. The sun is about to go down for the night and she has no idea what to do, sure she told herself she would have a movie night but Rose debates if not her short attention span can handle it. "Hey Rose!" Yells one of her friends, Baker. "Yeah?" she replies, "there's a party in the-" fuck me Rose sighs. What is so fucking good about parties? She doesn't let Baker finish before he tells her where, "I'm not going to a stupid party." Baker sighs in defeat knowing she means it from having done this dance before. "You sure? It could be fun" she grimaces at his attempt to get her to go, thinking back to her groupchats efforts. If she was going to go anywhere it would be with her brother and older friends, they worked for it more. "I'll be fine, go have fun. No cocaine usage before 3 am." She tells him in an attempt to make a joke and lighten the mood. With everyone starting to leave she says her goodbyes and makes her way home, one thing she'll forever love about her shitty apartment is it being close to it beach.

Walking the streets of Venice at 5:30 at night was somewhat of a calming activity for Rose. Sure it wasn't that safe but like she said, adrenaline rushes are fun right. Getting fed up with looking at tourists she pulls out her phone, debating whether or not to call Cody to say she'll come. Letting the anxiety of 1. Not knowing when they're going 2. Her still having to get ready and 3. Going to a.. party she sighs at the defeat she just let herself experience and dialled Cody's number. Hearing it ring for a few seconds already she could feel the anxiety she experiences every single time.

"Rose!"
"Hey, listen I'll come tonight but you have to let me get ready."
She immediately hears cheers from what she figured out to be her roommates, making her smile a little.
"For real? Yes of course we'll wait, why'd you change your mind?"
"Everyone here was going go to a party anyways and since you guys begged for it, I picked you."
"Or it's because you love us"
"Very funny, I'll be home in a second."
"I'll meet you at the block before our house, walking alone isn't safe"
"Okay see you soon."

Hearing the line click signifying the end of the phone call, her heart somewhat swells at her brother worrying about her. She's grateful, truely. Finally reaching the block she'd be meeting Cody at, she spots him and flashes him a smile, "hey rosie" he greets her. The siblings make casual conversation talking about their day as they walk back to the house, Cody takes this time alone with his sister and tries to talk about her and how she's going. "How have you been feeling lately?" He asks out of the middle of nowhere. Rose raises her eyebrows at the unexpected question, "okay." She cringes at herself hearing how bleak that answer is. "I've been okay, I'm a little stressed about school." She goes on attempting to open up. "Hey you'll be fine, at least take this summer to just relax. You got this Rose." She smiles at her brother, "sure" is all she says. He looks at her "I love you, you know that right?" Now this breaks her heart. Of course she knows that. She frowns a little, "really? So you practically raising me during my teenage years wasn't a good sign of faith?" He shoves her a little "shut up." Their laughter dies down as they keep walking until they reach their driveway, before going inside she says it back. "I love you too."

The pair are greeted by Devon's classic summer playlist blaring through their speakers. She takes a second to scan the room seeing who's here. Cody joins Kelsey on the couch who's painfully struggling to do her hair while Devon is dancing around her, already drunk. Marcus is on his computer at the dining table working on something. Opening her door she stands on her threshold for a moment, pitying her brother's girlfriend. Making the split decision to help her out she calls over "Kelsey! Come do it in my room." Rose watches her unplug her straightener and spring in her direction, "thank you" she says in sincere appreciation. "It's fine, i've been there too many times."

They walk into her room, Kelsey taking a second to embrace how alive it looks. "Your room is so.." she trails off trying to find the word but Rose cuts in, "unlike me?" She offers playfulness evident. Kelsey replies "I can actually kinda see it, the guitars sick as fuck by the way." They conversation flattens out for a few seconds, Rose not being able to stand how awkward it's about to be makes conversation, "I have no idea what I'm gonna wear." Simple but effective conversation point nice one Rose. Kelsey thinks for a second, "what you wore to Marcus's birthday was really nice, maybe bring a jacket this time it's gonna be cold tonight." Rose raises an eyebrow at her allusion to the jacket thing, she remembers how Noel gave her his jacket which is still hanging up. "Yeah" is all she gives back. Now with Noel on her mind she has the urge to ask the girl across from Rose who's going, hoping she'll have some idea. "So who's going tonight anyways. Is it kickback or a party?" She tries to sound as casual as possible. Kelsey smirks a bit, picking up at the fact as soon as Noel was kind of mentioned Rose shows interest. "Few people in the other big groupchat, pretty sure it's gonna be a party." Her tone of voice trails off when she says party, showing her dislike for the idea. Rose picks up on it, as it's known she hates parties too. "Well if Cody keeps being a little bitch, just find me." She smiles for a good measure before returning to being herself "that's if I haven't left." With Rose's back to Kelsey she smiles at Rose offering Kelsey, her time for tonight. We're getting somewhere, yes! Kelsey does a little fist pump before Rose turns back. "So are you wearing that?"

1 hour and a half the two girls are both ready. Within that hour the boys found themselves drunk. Shocking. As they wait for the uber Rose scrolls on her phone, replying to a text from her Mom that she may or may not have forgotten about. Just as she's about to lock it, her phone goes off. Thinking it's her mom she checks it straight away to make sure she doesn't forget this time, her proud-at-herself smile falters when she sees the name. Noel fucking Miller.

                                   Noel Miller
Saw Cody's snap, you coming tonight?
Read at 7:45 pm
                                                                                        Yes.
Read at 7:45 pm

That was quick, were you waiting for me?
Read at 7:46 pm
                                                                                                           No, thought you were my mom.
                                                        Read at 7:47 pm
Tell her I said hi :)
Read at 7:48 pm
                                                                           No?
Read at 7:48 pm                 
Whatever, see you soon.
Read at 7:49 pm
                                                                                         Who are brining anyways?
                             Read at 7:50 pm
Why, you jealous?
Read at 7:50 pm
                             I'm making fucking conversation.
                 Read at 7:51 pm

Mia, not sure if you met her but we met at Marcus bday
Read at 7:52 pm
                                                           How exciting.
         Read at 7:52 pm

I can hear your disdain over text
Read at 7:53 pm
                                                                                                                I'm just curious as to why you were kissing me when you had a girlfriend?                                            Read at 7:53 pm

She's not my girlfriend
Read at 7:54 pm

Don't act like this lol
Read at 7:56 pm

   I'm not acting like anything, I just asked a question.
                                      Delivered at 7:57 pm

Rose almost wants to laugh at how much her mood has dropped. She mind runs through the kitchen, their texts from the last few weeks and thinks about how he's probably been doing the same her. She's aware she has no right to be jealous, she isn't even sure that it's jealousy, it's something more sadder than that. It's like she can feel him slipping. Locking her phone after realising she checked her phone 2 times in a row, Rose focuses her attention on the outside waiting for the uber to stop once they arrived at their destination..

Noel and Mia get there before them. Them being Rose. And of course Cody. He says a few hey's too people he's friendly with, and makes introductions to the people he isn't. Noel suddenly feels a small feeling of regret walking with the girl he brought, something just doesn't feel right. Maybe it's him overthinking Rose's texts. He can notice himself checking around the room every 5 seconds just to see if she- they've arrived yet. Refocusing his attention on Mia, he introduces her to his friends which earns a few looks of surprises. About 10 minutes pass before he hears someone's loud cheers over the even louder music. Bingo Noel thinks. He doesn't walk over yet, letting everyone greet each other before walking him and Mia over to Cody greeting him first with their bro hug. Noel watches as Mia walks over to her coworker, Marcus and greets him. "Hey man, this is Mia, she works with Marcus" he says explaining to Cody who the mystery girl is. "Oh! I remember her.. I think" he says, aware of how drunk he was that night. He introduces her to Kelsey and Devon first, bracing himself for the moment he lays his eyes on her but it doesn't come. He looks around quickly, wondering where she is before seeing her getting a drink in the kitchen. Mia, busy in conversation with Kelsey. Quickly cutting in he offers the two girls, "anyone want drinks?" only hearing a yes from Mia he nods and makes his way to the kitchen.

Noel immediately spots Rose. How could you not, she's dressed to the fucking nines. Just for a house party. Rose notices that whoever just walked in is most likely him but doesn't turn around. Instead finishes making her drink which consists of redbull and coke. "One of these days you will have a heart attack before 30." She tries to stop a smile that forms at the sound of his voice and turns around, "good thing I'm here for a good time not a long time." He takes notice of how tense she looks before offering a "You look nice" to try to break the ice. He watches for her reaction but doesn't get one as she just sips through a straw, unbothered. "You too." She says curtly, suddenly not wanting to be around him.

They stand in silence for a while, before Rose speaks up. "So are we gonna stand here all night or are you gonna introduce me to your girlfriend?." Rose puts an emphasis on the word girlfriend, just to be annoying. Before he could even tell her she's wrong she presses on, "part of me thinks you're scared to introduce us, scared i'll tell her our dirty little secret?" Noel suppresses a laugh at her trying to get something, anything out of him but he doesn't let it work. "I told you, she's not my girlfriend. We're hanging out." She just stares at him, trying to scan his face of something although she's not sure of what that something is. "Let's go," she says, ending their conversation.

They both walk out of the kitchen, Rose in front of him but both looking pissed off at what just happened. Rose spots her with Kelsey, feeling a little sting at how well they're getting along. She looks back at Noel to say you're leading and waits for him, Noel just sighs knowing theres a chance Rose is about to make it uncomfortable solely for her own entertainment. Noel walks closer, not even realising that he forgot both drinks he was supposedly getting until Mia brings it up. "You forget our drinks?" she asks slightly amused. Rose speaks up before he can "oh you were supposed to bring her a drink, why didn't you bring her a drink Noel?" Kelsey raises her eyebrows at Rose's tone, she can tell she's tense ever since they got in the uber but this seems more mischievous. Noel clenches his jaw at Rose's attempt to put him on the spot. "Got distracted" he awkwardly chuckles, apologising. Rose smirks at how bad that excuse was. A child could've lied better. Mia shakes her head at him before looking over at the girl standing next to him, clenching her cup scarily hard.

"You must be Marcus's roommate right? I've heard so much about you!" Mia smiles, selling her enthusiasm a little too much.

Rose flashes a fake smile, "and I've heard nothing about you!"

Noel doesn't mean to laugh but he does anyways at the unexpected blow Rose delivers. Rose still with the smile on her face looks over to him, giving him a look. Kelsey almost wants to leg it to anywhere else at how awkward that it just got, she feels really bad for the girl next to her. Coughing once he realises no one else is laughing he looks over to Mia, "don't mind her, she's joking" he says trying to fix whatever that just happened. "I'm not," she says, forcing a laugh, still smiling, making sure she can get it as awkward as possible before someone pulls her away. Her thoughts are proven when Kelsey speaks up, not being able to take the tension anymore. "Rose! Want to help me get a drink? I don't know where the kitchen is." Rose chuckles at Kelsey knowing it's literally behind her, "of course" she says sweetly yet somehow they all know there's venom somewhere there. She follows Kelsey, muttering a "I was having fun" at the girl next to her, Kelsey just looks baffled "that's your idea of fun? I was about to suffocate due to the tension" she laughs a little. Looking back at Rose who found a spot leaning against the counter opposite to Kelsey, "what was that about anyway?" she asks curiously. Rose just shakes her head, "nothing." She doesn't expect Kelsey to believe her but hoping it was enough to shut her down."You guys fight or something?" Kelsey presses on, wanting Rose to open up to her. Rose lets out annoyed sigh, "I don't know" she says truthfully. "It's not like that though" Rose clarifies "we always argue." Kelsey knows it's most likely about Mia, she noticed Rose wearing the same look that night at the club. "Do you want to go outside? It's too crowded in here." Rose stays still for a minute, pondering before jerking her head in a "come on'' motion. After shoving a couple of dozen people they finally make it outside, embracing the warm but cool weather.

"Thank god" Rose sighs in relief, making Kelsey chuckle. They spot an outdoor sofa and make their way over, Rose takes in their surroundings there are only a few people way over by the deck. Once they sit it's back to silence, awkward silence. The only sound is of the muffle music and other ambient sound, "so how's work been?" Rose questions. "Good! It's always busy but I like that, plus my kids are great." Rose half smiles, "that's good." She pauses for a few moments not really knowing what to say, "do the parents ever get annoying?" This makes Kelsey laugh, "oh yeah all the time." She continues on telling Rose a horror story about her first week of teaching involving a parent and their kid, Rose, sits and listens to her knowing it's something important to her. After finishing her story it's Kelsey's turn to ask a few questions, "are you enjoying your summer?" she asks genuinely curious at what she's been up to. "Other than being bored out of my mind, it's been okay. My body needed a break anyways." Kelsey nods in understanding, "what is your schedule normally like? I heard it's crazy." Rose "mhm's" in agreement.

"Monday - Friday I'm at the campus from 7-3 but most days I stay overtime. I also take a few classes based around music and history which make it so anytime I get home, I have to study." Kelsey makes a "oof" sound at how rough it sounds. "What about weekends?" Rose finds herself growing excited at the fact she's interested. "It depends, I normally don't hang out with my friends since I'm forced to see them 5 days a week so it's either with Cody and the boys, or I go to the studio." Kelsey nods along, finding it adorable how she tries to spend time with her brother. "Do you ever get sick of it?" Rose knits her eyebrows in confusion "Oh, dancing I mean," Rose thinks about her answer for a second "I mean sure, although I couldn't live without it, it sounds dramatic but every dancer would tell you the same thing. It's just like breathing I suppose, I've done it as far as my mind stretches back." Letting her words sit in the air, Rose grows slightly embarrassed about her answer, thinking it makes her look vulnerable. "I think it's pretty cool you have something you love so much, passions like that are hard to come by." Rose smiles at her compliment. Kelsey notices how Rose looks back to check the door subconsciously every few minutes. "You guys always hang out during things like these right?" It sounds like Kelseys asking a question but they both know it's a statement. Rose chuckles bitterly "mm we just both hate these things." Kelsey frowns, "so why do you go?" Rose sighs in defeat, "misery loves company."

An hour and a bit has passed since the girls found their spot in the backyard, being spent by making light conversation about random things or going on their phones to pass the time. Kelsey almost springs up when her phone goes off, "hey it's Cody, he's looking for me" she says sheepishly knowing she's gonna go see him one way or another. "Go" is all Rose says. Kelsey stays in her position for a few moments feeling guilty, "come with!" she offers. "I'll be fine, I'll go find Jessie or something" Rose explains. Kelsey offers one final look before making her way back inside, a smile on her face at her progress with her boyfriends sister.

Now that Rose is left in her own company she sits forward, swirling her redbull around she debates on what to do. She could actually go find Jessie or pull out the blunt she's had stashed in her bag for ages now. Rose doesn't normally do this type of thing at parties but something about sitting around pitying herself makes her feel gross. Rummaging through her bag she finds what she needs, the joint and lighter. She smirks at it, feeling relief at the fact she's about to be relieved. It's a known fact that Rose needs to be in control but unlike when under the influence of alcohol she tends to find herself still being able to feel in control. Who would have thought. Bringing the joint to her lips and taking a slow drag inhaling as much as she can, wanting to already laugh at how much of a loser she feels like. Leaning back into the couch she sits for a moment, taking in her surroundings. Why the fuck did I come she thinks, feeling miserable. She's pulled out from her thoughts and high when she hears the front door open, not bothering to look up until she hears footsteps approaching. "You smoke?" she hears his voice question. She looks up at him since he's behind the couch, "no." He laughs at her denying it, "uh Devon's throwing up out the front, thought you might wanted to know in case you we're looking for everyone" he almost cringes at his rambling. "I don't give a fuck" she asks screwing her face up before letting out the stonest laugh ever. "Are you okay" he asks, showing concern at her current circumstance. "Where's Mia?" she asks changing the subject. He just sighs, knowing the reason for her mood is because of the girl he brought. "Are you really that insecure?" he asks not meaning to sound as harsh as he did. She sits up, turning her body to face him, "insecure? you think this is insecure? she laughs sourly. "God you're really fucking naive." Rose immediately regrets what just flew out of her mouth. He looks a little dumbfounded, "you're jealous?" She glares at him quickly replying with a "no!" They looks at each other for a moment, "I don't fucking know okay?" she sighs not likely the fact that this conversation is suddenly spinning out of control.

To say he wasn't expecting tonight to go this way was an understatement. He looks at the girl in front of him, seeing how troubled she looks. "You're high" he says in denial. "Yeah I was before you came and fucking ruined it" she says flailing her arms around before continuing, "you do that a lot you know, ruin things." Noel knows she didn't mean it like that, "what have I ruined Rose?" She looks a him stumbling a bit which makes him walk forward, "I'm fine!" Rose snaps. "This. You ruined this'' she says pointing back and forth between her and Noel. "You're the one who kissed me!" Noel says getting defensive, Rose tilts her head to the side. "I wasn't talking about that," she said, her voice just above whisper.

"Do you think about it?" she mutters referring to their kiss.

"Yeah, all the fucking time, I also think about how you reacted" he says sadly.

Rose closes her eyes trying to register everything that's happening. "Go find your girlfriend" she mumbles knowing it's a cheap dig. She hears him laugh, "Rose she is the last thing on my fucking mind right now." She looks at him, in the eyes this time. Biting the inside of her cheek she just shakes her head. No words need to be said for them to know that she's telling him that this isn't gonna happen. They both stand outside in silence, listening to each other's heavy breathing. "I should uh go find Devon'' she says quietly. "Yeah" he agrees. Both of them aren't moving, both not wanting to leave each other's company. Noel wonders if she feels the same, unbeknownst to him she does.

Getting snapped out of their trance by the sound of yelling, Rose furrows her brows and looks at Noel in a what the fuck was that way. Noel and Rose both know it wasn't just someone yelling for the sake of being loud, it sounded like multiple voices. Like someone fighting. Rose quickly grabs her bag and rushes to the back door, not looking back because she knows Noel's right behind her. She notices how empty the room has gotten, piecing it together when they're more commotion from the front yard. She rushes out the front door, pushing her way through the crowd knowing that her friends were out the front before this happened. Her face drops when she sees Devon and some random dude on top of each other while who must be Cody and Sam trying to stop it. All she can hear is yelling yet can't decipher any of it, due to the adrenaline and weed clouding her mind. She looks back at Noel in panic, not knowing what to do. He stands right behind her, holding her shoulder in comfort at the sight of her roommate getting beaten up. She can see Kelsey looking as worried as her before she screams out to one of the guys over by her side, "fucking help him!" The sound of her distressed voice must have broken some of the guys out of their daze because someone finally helps Sam who's trying to pull the guy off Devon. She doesn't check if he's gone because she goes straight over to her roommate, "holy fuck Dev" she says out of breath. Cody and Marcus join her, helping their friend up. Her brain registers the blood coming from his nose before she wipes it away, trying to make it more comfortable for Devon. Looking around she see's someone trying to calm the guy down before thinking she blurts out, "what the fuck is wrong with you?" Noel appears right in front of her, "Rose'' he says reaching out and trying to calm her down. It works because she focuses her attention back on Devon.

Kelsey and Mia have since joined them since they found each other before the fight broke out. Rose can hear her friends asking her roommate questions, checking that he's okay and conscious. A few minutes must have passed because everyone goes silent, trying to digest everything that just happened. Rose stands up brushing her bloody hands on her pants, looking around she tries to lighten the mood "I'm too fucking high for this." It makes everyone laugh, hard. Cody would have looked at her in a dad way but he lets it go knowing she just helped everyone cheer up. Sam starts to tell everyone to go home, the general vibe being completely crushed.

Making sure that Devon's okay Rose goes back inside and beelines straight to the bathroom, her adrenaline is crashing which makes her realise that her hands are dirty, like really fucking dirty. She pumps a fistful of soap, trying to scrub away the now drifted blood that covers her hand. That's the thing with Rose, she's normally okay until she realises something's wrong which normally causes her to spiral. Like now the thought of how long her hands were dirty makes her wanna throw up, resulting in her scrubbing her hands harder and harder. "Rose-" Noel says standing in the doorway having just watched the girl in front him for a few moments before speaking up. "Don't" she whispers knowing he's concerned, "just let me do this." He walks in, closing the door behind them to give her privacy. Noel grabs a towel from the rack and puts it in the counter so she can dry them when she's ready. Noel had no idea that it was that bad, sure he had a hunch but seeing it happen in front of him made everything more real. He could see her furiously get harder which makes him rush over, "Rose!" he grabs her arms, "it's okay they're clean." Noel watches as her breathing gets heavier as if she's about to hyperventilate, "my fucking pants are covered in blo-" he doesn't let her finish before pulling her into a hug. "We'll get you new ones" he says whispering into her hair. She somewhat calms down at the contact, her hands shaking most likely from shock.

He lets her go from his grasp, "I'm gonna get you sweats okay?" he tells her reassuringly. Leaving the bathroom he spots sam, "hey man have you got a pair of sweats I could borrow?" Sam nods, "yeah, why are you staying?" Noel hesitates, obviously wanting to say yes but he already told Mia that he'd take her home. "Nah dude, they're for Rose she uh got Devon's blood on her pants" Sam widens his eyes, "oh shit yeah come on" leading him to his room. After getting the pants he goes back to the bathroom not caring if Mia is waiting outside for him, it was clear where his priorities lie. Noel opens the door, finding Rose sitting on the floor. She lets out a half laugh at the fact Noel walked in on her like this, it had been clear she was crying. He doesn't say anything just helps her up. "I'm gonna have a shower" she says, hands still shaking. He gives her a smile, "I told Mia I'd take her home but if you want me to stay-" he watches as she starts shaking her head, "no go I'm fine." She's thinking about how this is the second time this has happened to her tonight, starting to get used to being second best but pushes her feelings down. "Seriously go" she tells him harsher this time. He hesitates for a long time before deciding his plan, "I'll be back" before rushing out of the bathroom.

Opening the front door he spots Mia on the steps with another girl, spotting him she gets up saying her goodbyes to the girl. Once they're away from people more he sighs, "I'm really fucking sorry for doing this but one of my friends needs me and I just- I can't leave. I'll call you an uber and pay but I'm really sor-" he's cut off by Mia, "Rose right?" she says a little sadly. He looks down at the ground which confirms her suspicion, "it's okay really, she looked freaked out." He smiles at her, "I'm sorry." They both know he was apologising for more than ditching her, he was apologising for him and Rose. "You guys fit well together, I could tell within the first few minutes of seeing you both. Even though it was tense. Don't let that go." Mia says, smiling sweetly meaning every word. Noel doesn't even know what to say, after everything that was said today he feels like an idiot. "I won't."

20 minutes later her uber is finally here and they exchange their goodbyes, Noel still apologising for what was happening. He watches as the car pulls out and away before walking back inside, spotting the friend group sitting in the lounge room. "Now you staying?" Sam asks knowingly, "if that's alright with you man." A few people laugh knowing it was, and he sits down next to Cody. They talk about what happened before a freshly showered Rose walks out in silence. Taking a seat next to Devon before laughing at him holding ice to his bruising eye which makes everyone else laugh. They know it isn't funny but somehow they find a way to laugh about it. Rose looks at Noel, eyes softening at the fact that he stayed. He can tell she was saying thank you, which makes him nod in acknowledgement. Talking for a while they hear Rose speak to Sam, "where am I sleeping?" He chuckles, "we're giving you and Dev the two spare bedrooms, the rest can suffer on blow up mattresses." Rose laughs at everyones selflessness, curtseying to be silly before telling everyone she's going to bed. They all offer her a goodnight before returning to their conversation but Noel watches her disappear looking disappointed at her departure. Kelsey who's next to Cody watches this whole thing, feeling sad at how the two seem to always be stuck in between something.

More time passes before everyone agrees on sitting outside, 1) for Rose's sake 2) to not disturb Rose and 3) none of them were tired. None of them except for Noel who says he's gonna hang back, telling everyone he's tired. Kelsey says behind for a few seconds watching everyone walk outside before walking over to Noel, "you should go check on her, I'll cover if you need." Noel looks bewildered at the fact she knows what he was gonna do, but he smiles awkwardly before deciding it's not worth putting up a fight and telling her thanks. He walks over to the room Rose is in and knocks softly, not knowing if she's actually asleep or not. Hearing a soft "come in '' he knows she's not and opens the door before hearing her groan at the bright hallway light, "sorry" he mumbles closing the door behind him. "Now I can't see'' he says chuckling at himself, Rose doesn't say anything, she just turns the lamp on beside her before raising her eyebrows to question what he's doing. "I just wanted to check on you" he says answering the question she hadn't even asked. "You didn't have to stay" she tells him, sitting up. He walks his way over to the other side of the bed, "well where's the fun in that?" he kicks off his shoes and throws himself in bed. "What the fuck are you doing?" Rose asks, trying to hide her amusement. "Uh.. checking on you" he says sounding like he just answered the dumbest question. She doesn't even argue back, Rose just fixes her pillow and lies down on her side copying Noel. "Hi" she says, "you look tired" Noel tells her. "That's why I went to bed" she says dumbfounded before seeing Noel crack a smile, "eh... I'm pretty sure you don't look asleep to me." She smiles at his playfulness, before hiding her face into her pillow. The room falls silent, this time in a nice kind. "Did you mean what you said?" Rose asks quietly out of nowhere, "I said a lot of things'' he hits back. "That you think about it." He moves her head so he's looking right at her, "do you?" he questions not wanting to answer hers. She glares at him but answers anyway, "yeah." It's short but there's somehow so much meaning behind that small word. "I meant it." He said now loaded with reassurance. She bites her lip in subconscious thought, before rolling over and turning the lamp off.

"Goodnight Noel" she says, softly.

"Goodnight Rose."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

8.3K 1.3K 17
When you're broken, lost and got nothing left to lose... you become bulletproof. Trying to fix your life back together after having it shaken upside...
13.8K 289 40
This book contains tea so get your cups ready. * * "5, 6, 7, 8 no no no your doing it all wrong Lea!" The choreographer yells in frustration "for go...
2.3M 27.6K 52
**I AM SLOWLY EDITING THIS!!!** WARNING: This is in no way a fairy tale. Kylie's been living life as simply as possible with her childhood friends an...
54.5K 2.2K 37
Despite the title, this isn't a story about a treehouse. This is a story about love. This is about two people who allowed change and fear to ruin so...