Chasing Dylan

By Itshannahxx

Dylan Gold was only six years old when her mother died. Soon after, her father remarried a woman that despise... More

Lead Characters
Chasing Dylan
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Epilogue
Book 2
Forever Chasing

Chapter Thirty One

6K 271 26
By Itshannahxx

"Thanks for letting me stay here." I said to Amy, as I put my clothes into the empty drawers in her guestroom.

"It's no problem, there are so many rooms here and my parents are literally never here so you can stay however long you need."

I hugged her tightly. "Thank you for everything Amy, you have been such a good friend to me."

She rolled her eyes dramatically and twirled the end of her hair with her finger. "Yea well you're the most real friend I've ever had so.." she trailed. I hugged her again, even tighter.

"You love me, dont you." I said, grinning.

She pushed me off of her. "Yea, yea whatever."

I laughed and took a seat on the bed. "I love you too, and hopefully my father comes to his senses so I'm not in your space too long." I said, letting out a deep sigh.

"Screw your dad, you can stay here until we graduate. I'd like the company, it'd be like a never ending sleeping over." Amy smiled.

"Maybe," I shrugged.

"Does Callum know why you left?" She asked.

"I told him that my father and I got into an argument, I didn't say what about. I don't think he needs to know really, it would just make him feel guilty." I said, as if I was trying to convice myself.

"Well I say you tell him, you're too much of a goody goody to keep secrets from your boyfriend."

"Im not a "goody goody" I'm entitled to have secrets. What he doesn't know won't hurt him." I muttered, looking to the ground. "Anyway, I should probably be getting ready for work." I said, standing up.

"Right, oh before I go, do you have a costume to wear tonight?"

"Huh? What's tonight?" I asked, confused.

"My Halloween party, I have one every year."

This was news to me, but seeing as I hadn't spoken a word to Amy in 4 years, it didn't surprise me. "I had no clue that this was a thing. I forgot that today was even Halloween."

She nodded slowly and looked at me like I was crazy. "Yes Dylan, it is a thing, it's always been a thing. Seeing as you don't have a costume, you can borrow one of my old ones. I'll pick something out for you and leave it on your bed for when you get out of work." She smiled and quickly exited the room.

What just happened?

-

As I cleared off my last table of the night, a group of guys came in and sat in my section.

"Hey guys, I'm sorry, we're about to close." I said, my back towards them as I picked up a stack of dirty plates.

"Well that doesn't seem fair, we came all this way." A voice said from behind me.  Recognizing the voice, I put the plates down and turned to the table.

"Oh Evan, it's you." I stated, grimly.

"In the flesh." He smiled cockily,his bright blue eyes filled with hostility.

"You guys can't be in here, the diner is closed." I said, looking around the table. Evan was with two of the same boys he'd been here with before, and two others that I didn't recognize. Evan stood up and stalked towards me, gripping my wrist tightly.

"You wouldn't turn down a couple of paying customers, would you?" He asked, his grip on my wrist growing tighter.

"Let go of me, now." I gritted through my teeth.

"Or what? I don't see Gage here to defend you. Your psycho boyfriend can't help you now, can he?"

I kept trying to pull myself from his grasp, but he was much stronger than me.

"Bro you're taking it too far, lets go." One of the guys said, getting up and attempting to pull Evan away from me. Evan let go of me and put his hands up, surrendering.

"I was just joking, no harm done." He smirked.

Yea, no harm done except for my aching wrist.

The other guys got up and starting walking to the exit. Evan kissed my cheek before I could bat an eye, and walked to the door. He turned around and winked at me before walking out.

I shuddered and quickly locked the door behind him, and saw that my wrist was developing a dark bruise of his handprint. I cleaned the rest of the tables and took everything into the kitchen, where a couple of busboys were still cleaning.

"I'm headed out now guys, have you good night."

"Night." One of them said, while the others waved goodbye. I grabbed my things and went to the back where my car is.

On the way to Amy's house, I decided that I wasn't going to tell Callum about my run in with Evan. I knew that it would just make him angry, and an angry Callum is an uncontrollable Callum.

When I pulled into the driveway, I was glad that only Amy's car was here, and the party hadn't started yet. I walked into the house, shocked that it was heavily decorated in Halloween decor. There was candy and cupcakes laid out on various tables, and a whole bar set up in the dining room.

"You're home!" Amy yelled, as she came from the kitchen. "You like?"

I looked around, stunned.

"How in the world did you do this so quickly, I've only been gone five hours."

She smiled and put her hands on her hips. "I'm no amateur Dylan, this is what I do." She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the stairs. "Let's go, we have to get ready before people arrive." She took me to the guestroom I was staying in, and I saw an angel costume lying on the bed.

"This is what you'll be wearing, it embodies your whole vibe."

I laughed and shook my head. "I give off angel vibes?"

"Yes you do. Now go take a shower and put it on. When you're done, come to my room so I can do your makeup." She said before bolting out of the bedroom.

I picked up the costume and held it up in front of me. Amy seemed to have forgotten that I was a good five inches taller than her, because it barely came over my butt. I threw it back on the bed and walked into the bathroom, quickly taking off my work clothes and hopping into the shower. It was difficult to wash my skin, because everytime I moved my bruised wrist, it ached. I cringed at the dark purple coloring that developed, and considered covering it with makeup before the party started.

After I got out, I put on the angel costume that was entirely too short, and put my robe over it so that I didn't get any makeup on it. I quickly covered my wrist in concealer, and  grabbed the angel wings and halo off of the bed before going to Amy's bedroom.

Amy had a skin tight all black bodysuit on, with red contacts on, and blood dripping down her chest. Her long black hair flowed down her back, almost touching her butt. She smiled when she saw me, and her sharp fangs were a clear indication that she was a vampire.

"You look amazing." I said, walking in.

"Thanks, please have a seat." She said.

I put the wings and halo on her bed and sat down in ther makeup chair. My own makeup was already laid out on her vanity to my surprise.

She worked her magic in record time, and when she was done, I truly did look like an angel. She placed the halo over my curls, and I pushed it down so that it would stay in place.

"Wow, you should be a professional makeup artist." I said, taking off my robe and examining my face.

"And you should donate some of your ass to me." She said, looking me up and down. "Put the wings on, I wanna see the complete look." 

I put the wings over my shoulders and stood in her full length mirror. If I was an angel, I certainly wasn't a good one. "I don't know if I can wear this, it's way too revealing." I whispered, trying to pull the dress down.

The doorbell rang and her eyes lit up.

"Too late, party's already started. Go call your boyfriend and tell him to hurry up before one of these college guys snatch you up."

My eyes widened. "College guys?" I asked.

"I told you, my Halloween parties are legendary."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.7K 911 43
Mackenzie Young has always been forced to not "do her". Mackenzie has had life planned out for her every since she was 2 years old, due to having no...
1.2M 28.1K 64
Abuse. Whether it comes from a parent or a significant other is an issue that has brought many into being manipulated, ruined, or even shattered into...
233K 12.8K 51
Jasmine and Megan have always been best-friends since childhood. Now that they are older, they are both YouTube sensations who live together. The pro...
3.3M 122K 68
🥇 Highest Rankings: #1 Action #1 Chicklit #1 Mystery #1 Teen Fiction #1 Thriller 2018 Watty's Long List 🥀 Trigger Warning/Sexual Assault ⚠️Mature...