I'll always love you (A 'Pear...

By NewWriterOnTheBlock_

This is about a navy nurse Emiellia (It's Amelia but spelled differently) Rogers, who ends up getting shipped... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
A oneshot
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Hello (not a chapter)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Not a chapter (again)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Not a chapter
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Easter Oneshot
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 6

1.2K 17 0
By NewWriterOnTheBlock_

April 28, 1941

"Did you know that there is about 100 ships on Pearl?" Sandra told us as she read from a brochure.

"How many sailors are there per ship?" Betty asked.

As the girls were chatting with each other, I couldn't help but let my mind wander and wonder if my brother was on one of the 100 ships in Pearl.

"What do you think Em?"

I snapped out of my thoughts by Betty, who asked me a question.

"Eh don't bother, she's thinking about her fly boy that I saw with her that night in New York." Barbra teased.

All the nurses started giggling as a blush tinted my cheeks, heck even Evelyn was giggling.

I giggle and decide to play along.

"Oh, but I'm still working on a sailor." I say.

"Told ya she would!" Betty cheered.

She takes her white sunglasses with palm trees on the sides of them and stands up next to Barbra.

"It's paradise here!"

I could help but smile and watch as both Barbra and Betty start waving at the sailors that were waving at us or giving us wolf whistles.

Deciding to join into the fun, and stand next to Barbra and start waving at them.

"See ya on the beach, boys!" Barbra and I say in unison.

She turns around to face the rest of the nurses.

"We're in Hawaii!" She say excited.

I smile turn back to see the rest of the nurses also happy to be in literal paradise.

'If it's like this everyday, I could get used to this.'

~
After only being 30 minutes here in Hawaii, Barbra, Betty, and Martha were itching to go to the beach already.

"C'mon Ev, it will be fun!" Barbra whined as we got to the place us nurses were going to stay at.

Evelyn, Betty, and I all shared one room, while the next room was Barbra, Martha, and Sandra.

I place my suitcase on my bed as I start unpacking listening as Betty and Barbra try to convince Evelyn to go to the beach with us.

"I don't know girls. Maybe some other time." Evelyn said to the two.

They both begged and pleaded for Evelyn to go to the beach, but Evelyn would turn them down every time.

Finally the girls gave up and their shoulders slumped.

"Okay fine, but you have to promise us you will come to the beach with us." Betty said.

"Okay, I promise." Evelyn said.

The two girls squealed and ran out of the room, while I turn my attention to Evelyn who was now unpacking.

I smile and shook my head.

"You know, you should go and enjoy yourself." I say to her as I grab my white nurse outfit and placed it on the bed.

"I would love to go, but-"

Before Evelyn could say another word, I cut her off.

"But why? We have pretty much all the time in the world here to go and have fun? Plus we aren't really going to be busy. Ev, we just got here and why not go to the beach and have fun, maybe swim for a bit! Listen, you can write to Rafe if you want to, but just come with us and enjoy the nice warm breeze and the smell of salt from the sea in the air and the warm sun on your skin," I sigh. "Please just consider it okay. You don't have to come, like they said, we can go another time. We'll understand."

With that, I left the room with my clothes and into the bathroom to change.

I felt bad for trying to convince Evelyn, but I just want the best for her, but I will respect her answer if she doesn't want to come.

~
After an hour and 30 minutes of putting on our nurse outfits, fixing our hair, and touching up our make up, we finally got out of the house and to the hospital for a tour of it.

"Welcome ladies!" A nurse said.

"Hello!" We said in unison as we see a nurse next to a man that looked sunburnt.

"I have to deal with a sunburnt fanny." She says as she lifts up the towel a bit to see his buttocks clearly burnt.

We all giggle as she lightly smacks his butt and let's out a small 'ow'

I look at Evelyn to see that she had a smile plastered on her face.

I smile at her expression, seeing as she is happy.

'I hope this gets her mind off of Rafe for a bit.' I think.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Barbra, who had my elbow and lightly dragged me out of the room to follow the nurses.

"I thought you were fantasizing about your fly boy, but it seems like there is something else on your mind." She says in a low tone to me, so she didn't attract any unwanted attention.

"Yeah, no I wasn't fantasizing about Danny-" Once I said his name, I place a hand over my mouth to stop myself from saying another word.

I watched as Barbra's smirk widens.

"So maybe you were thinking about him." She teases.

My cheeks start to get rosy and I lightly hit Barbra on the shoulder, with my elbow.

"No I wasn't." I lied.

Truth was, ever since that night in New York, I seemed to not get Danny off of my mind.

"I-I was thinking about the beach and how I'm excited to go!" I stutter out, accidentally letting my voice get a bit louder, but our friends and the nurses that worked here before us, didn't seem to notice.

Barbra just rolls her eyes.

"After that stutter toots, I don't think that's the case." She says. "But, I'll let it slide."

I exhale the breathe I didn't even know I was holding in.

"Thanks Barbra, but there was something on my mind besides "my fly boy," I say using air quotations.

"Is it botherin' you bad?" She asks with worry lacing her voice.

I shake my head a bit.

"It kinda is, but at the same time it isn't." I say in a whisper.

Barbra puts a hand on my shoulder to stop me from walking any further as the rest of the group turns into the next room.

"Emiellia, you don't have to tell me as all if you don't feel comfortable in telling me. It will be alright with me." She says.

I turn my attention to Barbra as she stands there with a sympathetic etched on her face.

I smile at her as a silent thank you.

"I feel like it's better if I tell you instead of bottling it up." I respond.

I take a deep breath and I look up from the floor to look at her again.

"I-It's about Ev, I'm worried about her. Not in a bad way, but I just don't want her to feel wistful the time we're here. I want her to have fun and get Rafe off her mind for a bit instead of worrying about him. I get it, I would feel the same way if the man I loved went to fight along side Britain, but I want her not to worry about if he is okay or not, and has Rafe on her mind, but not worry about all the bad stuff." I finish feeling a bit embarrassed talking about Evelyn behind her back.

Barbra looks at me and nods her head.

"I agree, I just want the best for her and so do you and everybody else." Barbra replies.

Just before I was gonna get another word in, the nurses started flooding out of the room.

"How long have we've been standing out here?" I question Barbra.

"Only 3 minutes, but it felt like longer." She answers.

I nod my head.

"You guys coming?" Evelyn asks us with a smile on her lips.

"Yes." Barbra and I say in unison and we rush to meet up with our friends and nurses.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn to look at Barbra, who had a big smile on her face.

"Thanks for telling me, I promise I won't say anything." She whispers to me.

I nod my head.

"You're welcome."
~
Hi, sorry this took longer to write than expected, but as always, thanks for reading!
-NewWriterOnTheBlock_
(Word count: 1415)
I don't own any characters from 'Pearl Harbor'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 380 28
The love of Amelia Robinson's life just asked her to run away with him. Except she had one problem: Amelia couldn't possibly leave her grandmother wh...
106K 6K 40
Pearl Blankenship, an autistic investigative journalist, witnesses the end of the world. Before the nuclear fallout can kill her, a mysterious being...
1M 39.9K 26
Rachel had survived the worst kind of heartache and had moved on with her life by following a dream that she had always had, to be a medical relief w...
988K 33.5K 33
Confused, the Winter Soldier, aka Bucky, wonders around the streets of New York. He can't go back to HYDRA, they would wipe his memory again. And he...