Queen of Egypt: The Rise Of N...

By Iam_LewaKulture

Egypt wants her, for she's unpredictable. Egypt needs her for she is greater than any treasure you could ever... More

QUEEN OF EGYPT : RISE OF NEFERTIRI {BOOK ONE}
PROLOGUE : OVERTURE
THE CHARACTERS
QOE | 00 | THE CREATION OF GODS & MEN
QOE | 001 | THE FALLEN STAR
QOE | 002 | IN THE BULRUSHES, CAME A FLOATING BASKET
QOE | 003 | PHAROAH SETHI THE FIRST
QOE | 004 | THE RISING SUN
QOE | 005 | THE DREAMS OF A PLEBIAN
QOE | 006 | THE HOUSE OF RA
QOE | 007 | THE AUSPICIOUS DAY
QOE | 008 | THE CROWN PRINCE & THE PRINCES OF EGYPT
QOE | 009 | THE ORBS OF MAGIC & LOVE
QOE | 010 | THE GODS
QOE | 012 | THE FATE OF DEITIES
QOE | 0013 | PHARAOH'S GARDEN
QOE | 014 | TWO CROWNS AGAINST EACH OTHER
QOE | 015 | CHANGE OF POWER
QOE | 016 | OF CATS AND DOGS
QOE | 017 | THE FOX'S FURY
QOE | 018 | LIKE MOTHER LIKE DAUGHTER
QOE | 019 | HER DESTINY AWAKENED
QOE | 020 | SEALED HEARTS
QOE | 021 | HATHOR: GODDESS OF LOVE
QOE | 022 | THE UNSHAKEN HEART
QOE | 023 | THE PAVILION OF NEKMAT
QOE | 024 | BEHIND THE DOORS OF QUEENS

QOE | 011 | GODS OF EGYPT

94 19 3
By Iam_LewaKulture

Chapter 011: Gods of Egypt

Nevertheless, after the encounter with the mortal at the coronation, Hathor, could not get over Nefertiri. She took interest into studying her, watching her, knowing all her strengths and weaknesses.

Hathor realised that if she could get this mortal into the palace, she'll be able to balance the realm of Egypt again, just like Cleopatra used her reproductive abilities like a man, to create a legacy unforgettable.

The goddess of love, couldn't bear to keep this vision of hers to herself, so she decided to tell the other gods about it.

And if the last female Pharoah could do it, Nefertiri can do more than a legacy, she will become a living god and worship will be at her feet.

*********

Per-wer and Per-nu, also known as the great house of flames, (Olympus as the Greeks call it) is the paradise of the egyptian gods, which lay above the clouds and the paths of the stars, near the apex of the solid bronze-dome of the sky, the bright shining blue upper-air of heaven.

It existed in the zone known as the Duat. The cloud surrounding them was the dark formlessness that existed before creation.

The golden gates of the heavenly fortress is guarded by the three eye of Ra, and in the palace of Amun. Apart from gods, only a pure soul can pass through the holy gates.

The gods of Egypt dwell in a place of golden palaces, glorious flowers, parks, springs of stars and streets bustling with gods, goddesses, godlings, nature spirits and celestial beings.

Fabulous palaces of marble and gold and lesser palaces for the other gods, including stables for the litters and chariot horses.

Buildings made of gold, inlaid with precious stones with bronze foundations, surrounded by cloistered courtyards with golden pavements and marbled columns.

A magnificent golden palace with a central hall, private bedchambers and storage rooms. The golden-floored hall served as both a council chamber and feast-hall for the gods.

And, tripods of the feast, were automatons animated by a divine smith, a god. And trundled in and out of the hall as required.

Also with the firmament beneath, it provides them an expansive view of the world below allowing them to observe mankind from the heights above.

But, when it comes to bouquets, the gods feasted on different delicacies, including ambrosia, nectar, substances collected from the meadows of the earth-encircling River Nile and from the smoke of sacrificial offerings wafting to heaven.

*******

The main palace of Amun is a magnificent site to behold. Before the palace of Amun-Ra was a large, cloistered courtyard where the full assembly of the gods gather including all of the earth, river- and sea-deities as well as other spirits.

The gods always gather together in the council chamber, to discuss the progress of their lesser creations. But today, the gods weren't discussing the affairs of men, they were arguing.

"This is dis-speakable, we had the mortals build us temples to dwell in, why then should we invade earth again." Nut, goddess of the sky ranted seriously, arguing with Apris.

"Aye, what I'm saying is true.. or is it wrong to live amongst the mortals and rule again." Apris, god of Memphis asked Nut.

"Hypothetically speaking Apris, we don't have to settle on earth. It is unwise." Thoth god of wisdom said trying to convince the god, from his foolishness.

"I don't agree with you Thoth." Geb, god of the earth said abruptly. "If we live amongst the mortals, we'll be able to correct the damage they've done." Geb said as the gods murmur and whisper among themselves.

"Damage! That's nonsense, the mortals have done nothing wrong. Stop talking gibberish." Anubis, god of the underworld, regarded Geb with a disgusting look.

"What!... I'm talking gibberish?" Geb opened his mouth with shock.

"Aye.... you heard me Geb, you're talking like you have no sense at all." Anubis hissed, Geb snapped.

"How dare you speak to me that way Lord Anubis.....on what grounds." Geb fumed, his eyes ignited sparks of fire. Anubis too hit his staff on the ground as his eyes gleamed of flames.

Immediately, an argument broke out in the council chamber. The gods and goddesses started threatening themselves with their powers.

"Enough of this charade." Selket, goddess of scorpions says, trying to stop the gods from attacking each other.

"You are no match for me Geb." Anubis scowled, taking a formation of attack.

"Indeed, but we'll see who has more power than the other." Geb said as his whole body engulfed fire, with a sword in his hands, he was ready to fight the god of the dead.

The noise, shouts and arguments were rumbling the clouds, causing thunder storms and rage.

"Anubis is right Geb, We cannot invade earth and have dominion over the mortals, it is impossible." Mut, vulture headed goddess of war came in-between the two gods trying to stop them from killing each other.

"Impossible" Geb hissed. "Anything is possible as far as there is law, order and a god." He added, charging himself to strike.

"Nonsense. All that you're saying, makes no sense at all." Anubis clamored.

"We'll see about that Anubis. The moment I'm done with you, I'll make sure you journey into the underworld by foot." Geb threatened.

Both gods gushed about themselves, causing other gods to take sides. At the moment when Anubis and Geb were about to strike each other down, out of nowhere, a lighting bolt evaded the chamber as everything rumbled.

"Enough." Raet-Tawaret, queen of the gods said sharply, appearing with anger shining in her eyes, the whole place went dead silent like a grave yard.

"What is going on here, your noise causing a commotion on the earth balance." She said as she proceed to her throne, her elaborate white long sheath dress, spawned with golden embroidery was dragged behind her as the gods and goddesses make way whist bowing in obeisance.

"I wonder what could be causing such noise." She mounted the threshold, and then the dias, before sitting on her throne, signaling the gods to take their rightful seats.

With the council seated, the queen lashed out. "Where there is no law, there is no sin, but I wonder why tension is burning in this council, so please can someone explain to me what the fuss is all about?" The queen asked angrily looking at their faces.

"My Queen, before your gracious arrival, we were just discussing a little matter." Nut replied, the queen hissed.

"I see, a little matter, that almost made the god of earth and the god of the underworld go into combat! Nut don't lie to me." The queen's voice hardened. "What is going on?" She asked in a commanding tone.

"Forgive me my queen, if what I said earlier, might have offended you, it's just that we were discussing an important matter."

"Irreverent issues, if i stand corrected." Apris says, eyeing Nut. "Go on Nut, I'm listening." The queen beckoned the sky god to speak ignoring the goddess of Memphis.

"My Queen, upon your arrival, we were thinking of moving back to earth." Nut said.

"And to do what Nut?" The queen asked reluctantly.

"To live amongst the mortals and rule mankind again." Nut replied.

"What!" The queen shouted. "Impossible, you all want to dwell on earth and cause another havoc, just like how the survival of mankind was hanged on the balance when Set, the merciless god of darkness and dessert, usurped Egypt's throne and plunged the prosperous empire into chaos and conflict." The queen said, as everyone averted the gaze to Set's direction. He rolls his eyes and sigh. Horus scoffs.

"May I remind you that, when hoping when all this disaster was happening, you gods couldn't do anything. Nothing. Everything we built, our legacy was almost destroy, until a mortal formed an alliance with Horus to defeat Set." Boldly the queen said, reminding each god of the mistake they've made.

"The battle we faced, took the world into an unexpected afterlife, across the heavens, into an epic confrontation that almost ruined the world, is that what you all want again?" The queen asked bitterly.

"No my queen, but atleast we should try and consider this......." Sobek, the crocodile god tries to speak but the queen shuns him sharply.

"Silence!" She snaps as the room shaked.

"Enough of your words." She spat. "You all want to start another war don't you? And by the way most of you attended the coronation of the prince's of Egypt and if I'm not wrong, you saw the mortals, the way they were happy and joyful. Isn't that good enough, why then do you want to ruin their lives again." The queen said provokingly, her hands tightened, her knuckles cold, blazing red, her eyes blazing fire.

"No god will live amongst the mortals, this is my word and my word is my ordinance." The queen said as the gods looked down quietly, not wanting to meet her gaze.

"Exactly as I said, O mighty queen," Thoth spoke mildly. "Instead of focusing on going back to earth, we should try and discuss important matters, that'll move Egypt forward."

"Important things like what Thoth." Ra, god of light, king of all the gods appeared as a light, that no one could comprehend. He walks into the council meeting and proceeds to his throne, all the deities stood on their feet and bowed.

He takes his sits at the right hand side of his wife. "You may sit." He said as they all sat down.

"Looks like I've missed alot of discussions." Ra said firmly, turning to Raet.

"Most certainly my love." The queen smiled faintly.

"Indeed, Well Thoth, you are full of wisdom and your words always have meaning, you were saying something about moving Egypt forward. So, on with it, I'm listening." Ra said.

"O might Ra, I was......Thoth was about to reply the king, but abruptly, Hathor interrupted him.

"I think it's time we built a bigger future for Egypt." Hathor said, walking into the council room.

The beautiful goddess was unique and different from every other god, Her dress were like golden butterflies with pickle sore dust floating on the air, and the tip of her long wavy hair were like sore dust, not gold but black, and they were like dripping stars.

Hathor is the most beautiful goddess and that was it. Her beauty gave her edge. She bows before the king and queen, and then takes her rightful sit. One could tell Horus face lit up when he saw the love of his life.

Jealousy eyeing the fair goddess, Set frowned, he couldn't figure out why his father gave Hathor a sit in the council chamber. Because she is the goddess of love, doesn't make her relevant. However, Set yearned for her. He wants her for himself.

"A bigger future?, Hathor you of all gods should know that by now, Egypt already has a good future and the balance will forever remain peaceful." Ra said, Hathor sighed with pity.

"I know O mighty Ra, but it won't last long, not until we choose an heir to withhold our legacy." Hathor said as Thoth scoffs.

"Heir!.... What nonsense Hathor, Egypt already has an heir, and everyone in this council knows the next King of Egypt is Rameses." Thoth blurted out.

"And what about the Queen of Egypt, who will rule alongside Rameses?" Hathor asked Thoth, as he paused.

"What about her Hathor?" Ra asked.

"Forgive me if I say this O mighty Ra, but Egypt will plunge into shambles, if a royal blood ascends the throne as Queen. It will fall to ashes and it would be destroyed. The bloodline of Pharaohs will be dammed. But to overcome this catastrophe, this era, a noble blood will not rule as queen but a commoner must mount the golden throne." Hathor said as argument broke out in the council. The gods and goddesses were murmuring and cursing Hathor, how dare she speak such blasphemy.

"Impossible!" Geb spat.

"Eternal abomination." Selket hissed.

"What nonsense, since when did slaves start eating in the bowl of kings." Thoth winced.

"This is outrageous, a commoner can't be a Queen of Egypt. It is forbidden." Anubis flinched.

"How is that possible...... vile rubbish." Nut shrieked with disgust.

"In the past lineages, a commoner has never mounted the throne, why now?" Isis said with irritation.

"Stop talking rubbish Hathor!" Isis exclaimed.

The council was thrown into whirl wind as the gods murmured and spat harsh words to Hathor for saying such disspeakable word, they accused her of blasphemy. But, Hathor didn't mind them nor did she reply to any insult.

She just sat back on her seat and blocked her attention, looking straight to Ra with a challenging glare, today she decided to convince the god of light to give Nefertiri the power to rule.

However if anything stands on her way, even if any god tries to object her, she is already to kill anyone who will stop her from achieving her goal. And If power wasn't going to be given to Nefertiri, Hathor vowed to take it by force.

No royal blood will rule Egypt as Queen. It had to be Nefertiri. It was her. Only her. Her alone.

******
Hello lovelies

Thanks for reading, let me hear your views on this chapter?

To receive more updates and notifications, please click the follow bottom in my profile and add this book to your reading list. Merci ❣️

Don't forget, your vote is equal to my payment for writing, your comment pushes me to work harder, and your shares make me elated.❤️

Je t'aime 💕

Lewa Kulture

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 9.7K 50
*READ THE PREQUEL FIRST* The sky was grey as the coffin shook and rattled until it tumbled down the pedestal to the ground toppling over and breaking...
1.1M 28.3K 20
*Now available for purchase on amazon. If you would like to read the entire story you can find it there!* When Hadassah was a young girl she lost her...
205 2 19
For a millenia man thrived under the gods Egypt. Osiris proved to be a capable and wise ruler. His wife Isis taught man man things and gave them tool...
81.6K 7.6K 62
COMPLETED ON: Jan 10 2018. HIGHEST RANK: #1 on 26-07-18 #2 on 21-07-18 #3 on 26-05-17 AWARDS: Genre winner of Car Awards 2017 Second place in Stor...