The Last of Sansora

By CesiraX

Eva is the last of her kind. She is the only one alive amongst thousands of people of her kind. She doesn't e... More

A/N
PROLOGUE - THE IMPERFECT
THE PARTY
THE BILLIONAIRE
THE DATE
THE PROPOSAL
THE NEWS
THE KIDNAP
THE BROTHER
THE REASON
THE REALIZATION
THE POWER
THE RESENTMENT
THE RETURN
THE CONDITION
THE DEFIANCE
THE DECISION
THE TRIP
THE OBLIGATION
THE ANNOUNCEMENT
THE FULFILLMENT
THE GRATITUDE
THE ATTRACTION
THE TRUTH
THE KISS
THE GUESTS
THE RAGE
THE ATTACK
THE TRAGEDY
THE SACRIFICE
THE REVIVAL
THE ESCAPE
THE DEFIANCE
THE AMBUSH
THE WAR
THE DEAL
THE LOSS
THE SUSPICION
THE CHAOS
THE DEPARTURE
THE RETURN II
THE CONFESSION
THE DISCOVERY
THE PERSUASION
THE REQUEST
THE SUPPORT
THE CUPID'S VISIT
THE LOVERS
A/N

THE RECOVERY

17 5 6
By CesiraX

[EVA'S POV]

[THREE DAYS LATER]

"What do you mean you died?!" Baxter exclaims, pausing his process of zipping up my blouse.

"It was only temporary. I thought I'd never make it out of the afterlife again but miraculously I did. However, I lost my powers due to that." I tell him.

"So you can't heal ever again?"

"I guess so."

"That's rather unfortunate."

I shrug. "But Ace was worth saving. I'm getting reward for that. Even though I didn't do it for reward, I did it out of love."

"Love, huh?"

"Love for the people of Exyclott. The dying people who were affected by the disease. And also well....love for Ace."

"Well, I'm glad you didn't actually die for him. I would've sent him to afterlife too to compensate you."

I laugh shortly. "You're crazy."

"He better love you back. After what you told me about Hudson, I don't think I can trust any Lockmore ever again."

"Trust me, Baxter. Ace is different. He's not like the other Lockmores."

"Different, huh? That word is abused often." Baxter puts in.

"Ace is not like Hudson, okay? I know that very well. So you have nothing to worry about." I tell him, putting on my shoes.

"I hope so."

"Please make something to eat while I'm at the hospital. Ace will be hungry by the time he gets here."

Baxter rolls his eyes. "Fine."

"Please be nice when he gets here. No mean words please. He has a temper so he could literally slit your throat."

"Oh I'm so scared." Baxter says sarcastically.

"I'm not exaggerating." Maybe I am. I know Ace wouldn't slit Baxter's throat. I just used that for emphasis. What's it called...hyperbole?

"Whatever, I'll be nice. Just leave already. I'll show him the works of a real cook when he's back." Baxter declares with a smug look as he ushers me out the door.

✴✴✴

It's been three days since Ace has been unconscious. I've been visiting him often but this time I'm really impatient because he's going to be discharged today. I really couldn't wait to see him.

I walk into his ward on happy feet, where I see him lying down on the bed, still with his eyes closed. I sigh in slight disappointment. I guess I'll have to wait for a few more minutes before he wakes up like the doctor said. I go to sit next to him and stroke his hand gently, studying his face and waiting for his eyes to open. His arms and legs were wrapped in bandages to cover the wounds, his face looked clean. His lips were oh so perfectly fine. That's what mattered most. 

I hear a light groan erupt from him suddenly and I become alert with anticipation, a grin on my face. His eyes slowly open, and there they are! The green crystals, the mysterious looking orbs. The bold and entrancing green eyes. I reach in and hug him as I laugh with excitement as I hold him tighter to me. He returns the hug instantly, but for a while, before pulling away and frowning.

"Where am I?" he asks, looking around his unfamiliar surroundings.

"You got injured and fell unconscious, so I brought you to the hospital." I answer. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Hospital?" he spits out and abruptly sits up. His eyes roam over all the wires and tubes connected to his body and he looks a bit disgusted. He furiously begins to rip them off and I try my best to stop him.

"I'm fine." he retorts. "How long have I been here?"

"Four days." I reply.

He wipes his hand over his face in frustration with a low groan. "But why am I here? Where's this place? I don't remember..."

"Home." I say, shutting him up with a kiss which I've been dying to give him. "Home away from home."

"Home?"

"We're in Pinefort. Moros asked me to bring you back here for treatment. Are your legs okay? Can you walk?"

He puts his feets onto the ground and tries to stand up from the bed. He winces a little in pain and sits back down.

"Ace! Does it hurt? If it does, I'll tell the nurse to...."

"I'm fine," he cuts me off. "I'm not sitting in a wheelchair."

"Alright, let's go home then."

✴✴✴

[ACE'S POV]

I step into Eva's miniature apartment on two paining legs and look around. Everything looks a bit messy and the room smells of food, I think something was cooking. I must admit I'm a little hungry, I could hear my stomach rumbling.

"Welcome to my humble home. I know it's not the best because I used to live a carefree life."

I chuckle. "I can see that."

"Are you hungry?" Eva asks, looking up at me with concern eyes with one of my arms wrapped around her neck for support.

"I think so." I reply.

"Don't worry, Baxter has already made something to eat." she beams at me, leading me towards the dining table. I frown in confusion.

"Who's Baxter?" I ask.

"That will be me." a voice chimes in, and it's owner suddenly appears in my view. He's a brown haired guy, averagely muscled and well...good looking. But of course, I'm better looking. Eva loves my eyes. Who is he and what is he doing in Eva's apartment? I know she has no siblings. Maybe that's her chef?

"Ace, meet Baxter Steele, my best friend. He lives here with me." Eva says, as the Baxter guy reaches to shake my hand. They live together? In the same apartment? They share a bathroom? For how long? I'm glad I'm going to have to change that when Eva and I...

"You must be Ace Lockmore. The guy who kidnapped my best friend on her wedding day." Baxter says with an unwelcoming smile, his outstretched hand still waiting.

"Right. I am Ace, and I'm honestly sorry all that had to happen. But it was for her own good.  You can thank me because I saved her from the hands of my douche brother." I say, wrapping my arms around Eva's waist possessively and using my other free hand to shake his. "She was mine to protect."

His smaller hand remains in my tight grip for a while as we exchange cold stares disguised by fake smiles. I don't like this guy already. I just don't. Eva clears her throat to break the deafening silence and I let go off his hand. Baxter winces with pain at how tight I held it and rubs at it to soothe the pain. I smirk. He's pathetic.

"Shall we start eating now, fellas?" Eva asks looking between us.

"Of course." intones Baxter, moving towards a seat.

Eva pulls back a chair for me to sit, and she sits down next to me. Gladly. We start to eat after a while and I must admit, the food is good.

"Baxter is a chef. His foods are amazing! I can't think of any food in the world that he can't make. Baxter is a total food maven." Eva gushes, laughing as she looked at Baxter with...admiration? I take her hand in mine to make her pay attention to me.

"Is that so? Well, you're right the food is nice." I admit. "But have I ever told you of my culinary skills, Eva?"

She glares at me with disbelief. "You cook?"

"Yes, I do cook very well. I've lived alone for a long time, so I'd had to do stuff by myself. I guess Baxter and I are quite similar then." I say. And I'm not lying. I do cook very well. Better than the cooks in Exyclott.

"Yeah, I agree. And I'm very happy and lucky to have both of you by my side." Eva coos.

"I hope Ace makes you happier than I will, Eva. After all, he's the one you love."

"I love her very much, Steele. Her happiness is my priority. So you have nothing to worry about." I say firmly. Eva smiles and snuggles into my side appreciatively, causing me to smirk at Baxter with pride.

"You better. Or I will personally end you." he warns, earning a disapproving glare from Eva. I smirk, not feeling threatened at all.
"Baxter, that's not nice to say, you...!"

Baxter interrupts her with a throaty laugh and I eye him suspiciously. "Of course, Ace knows I'm just kidding. Even though I'm capable of breaking a few..."

"That's enough. I've seen enough of violence already. The last thing I want is for you to talk about it." Eva points out.

"I'm sorry." Baxter smiles wryly. "Now back to you, Lockmore. She's more than happy to see you alive and well, I can see how much she loves you. I don't want you to hurt her."

"I'll be doomed if I do." I promise. I know Eva loves me, but she has never actually said those words to me. However, I see it in her eyes. I just can't wait for the day when she finally admits it.

"How long will I have to stay here, Eva? Who's in charge of Exyclott? They won't be happy to notice that their king just disappeared." I say worriedly.

"Moros will take care of everything. You'll stay here till your injuries are healed and then we can go back to Exyclott."

I frown again and lean in closer to her. "Eva, why can't you just heal me so that all will be over and I can go back to my kingdom? I know I said you don't have to make any sacrifices for me, but in this case..."

"Ace I said we should talk about it later. Please. For now, just enjoy your stay here with me and Baxter." she whispers back. "You and him could become friends. You have a lot in common."

I snort and lean away from her. "We'll see about that."

I don't know why she doesn't want to talk about not wanting to heal me, but I guess maybe she wants to spend more alone time with me. Away from royal duties at Exyclott. She's probably too shy to admit it but she doesn't have to. I already understand. Moros told me that women love to have their men all to themselves. And I honestly don't mind. She deserves that I make her happy even if it's just for a few days.

But how are we going to do that with a third person in our midst who looks very fond of my Eva?

And what did she mention about becoming friends?

Another short chapter lol, I'm really worn out. But leave your comments anyway. Thanks  💙💚💛💜

🎵
Odo Nana by Lady Jay 👌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8M 31.4K 25
Serenity is an Alpha's daughter- and not only any Alpha, but the Alpha King himself. That makes Serenity the most protected female shifter among all...
353 31 34
What happens when a girl has the whole world on her shoulders, discovers an unknown secret and has worst high school experience with a mix romance. B...
INKWORLD By JEMMA7

Science Fiction

815 218 22
With the fate of earth in her hands, Ivy is met with obstacles from all sides. She has to decide whether to ignore the message from earth or not. Th...
1.2M 35.5K 28
Evangeline Heart is a twenty year old homeless girl who was been forced out of her orphanage at the age of sixteen. She is a sweet, caring, innocent...