The Last of Sansora

Por CesiraX

Eva is the last of her kind. She is the only one alive amongst thousands of people of her kind. She doesn't e... Más

A/N
PROLOGUE - THE IMPERFECT
THE PARTY
THE BILLIONAIRE
THE DATE
THE PROPOSAL
THE NEWS
THE KIDNAP
THE BROTHER
THE REASON
THE REALIZATION
THE POWER
THE RESENTMENT
THE RETURN
THE CONDITION
THE DEFIANCE
THE DECISION
THE TRIP
THE OBLIGATION
THE ANNOUNCEMENT
THE FULFILLMENT
THE GRATITUDE
THE ATTRACTION
THE TRUTH
THE KISS
THE GUESTS
THE RAGE
THE ATTACK
THE TRAGEDY
THE SACRIFICE
THE REVIVAL
THE ESCAPE
THE DEFIANCE
THE AMBUSH
THE WAR
THE DEAL
THE LOSS
THE SUSPICION
THE CHAOS
THE DEPARTURE
THE CONFESSION
THE RECOVERY
THE DISCOVERY
THE PERSUASION
THE REQUEST
THE SUPPORT
THE CUPID'S VISIT
THE LOVERS
A/N

THE RETURN II

16 5 8
Por CesiraX

The title of this chapter has an "II" attached to it because there's already a chapter called "The Return" and I couldn't find a suitable one word synonym for "return". However, I'm open for your suggestions. Thank you  💙💚💛💜

[EVA'S POV]

[PINEFORT, USA]

A group of nurses rush towards my direction with a stretcher and Ace's body is balanced onto it. I just rushed Ace to the hospital. I have never driven this fast in my life, I could get arrested for reckless driving. I feel like Vin Diesel in Fast and Furious.

"Please make sure he's okay!" I yell after them, clutching at my chest to control my heavy breaths. A nurse nods with the tinniest smile as if to reassure and begins to ramble a lot of medical terms to the other nurses about his injury as they take him away.

Another nurse approaches me with a clipboard in her hand.

"What's your name please?" she asks, pulling out a pen to write down the details.

"Eva Cardale." I reply.

"How are you related to the patient?" she asks again after writing down my name.

I swallow hard before answering the question. "I'm his girlfriend."

She nods. "Can I get the patient's name and why he's injured?"

"His name is Ace Lockmore. He uh, he got into a fight with someone. He got stabbed in different places."

The nurse nods and asks me to sit at the lobby while I wait. I make my way over to the lobby, sit down and bury my face between my knees.

Minutes pass by, and I try to assure myself that he'll be okay. My tears drench the fabric of my dress as I cry softly, and try to steady my breathing. Everything that has happened is overwhelming, I feel inundated. Hudson's death, the shedding of blood right in front of my eyes, the shooting of arrows, clashing of swords....they kept flashing across my mind.

I was really hoping I don't get traumatized. I've never witnessed stuff like that before. And now I was freaking out as my mind reminds me of everything. I could use a cup of coffee and a bear hug right now before I go crazy. And I know just the right person to provide that.

I take out my phone which I've not been able to use for a while due to the bad connection at Exyclott, and dial a number.

"Hello?"

Relief and excitement washes over me as I hear the calm and collected voice of my best friend who I haven't seen or talked to in a long time. I even forget that I was gloomy just seconds ago. For a moment, I'm not able to say anything, just a stupid grin plastered across my face.

"Hello?" he repeats, his voice still calm but sounding expectant and confused. "Please tell me this is who..."

"Baxter!" I cut in excitedly. "Oh, Baxter, I miss you so much. It's good to hear your voice again."

"Eva?!" he shrieks excitedly, his voice booming loudly in my ears.

"Is it really you?!" he asks. I could imagine him shooting up from his seat and knocking a poor object onto the floor.

"Yes it's...."

"I've called you for days, I was really worried about you. You didn't pick any of my calls or reply my texts. Were you too busy with Hudson that you totally forgot about me? I thought you were giving me the silent treatment because you were mad at me, but I knew you couldn't avoid me for that long a time because I'm irresistible and you love our conversations. So I was forced to assume that you were in danger or you were kidnapped again by the not so good looking billionaire. I was worried sick! You will pay for all what you've put me through you...!"

I cut off his rambling with a laugh, which makes me feel much better. "Okay, Baxter, that's enough. You're acting like a parent of a rebellious teenager."

He audibly sighs, as if trying to control himself. "I'm just worried about you. Are you okay? Why didn't you call me?"

"There's no connection at Exyclott, where I left to. I'm so sorry. Anyway, I'm back. I'm here in Pinefort."

"Oh, so you're behind the door? I'm coming to get it right away."

"No, I'm not. I'm in the hospital."

"What? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. But Ace is not. He got injured and..."

"Stop. We'll talk when I get there. I'm coming right now. I need to see you."

"Bring some coffee with you, please." I say.

"Of course!"

✴✴✴

Thirty minutes later, Baxter Steele arrives at the hospital with two paper cups in his hands as he shuffles towards me, looking like he wants to run to me instead. But he can't do that, because he's in a hospital. When he reaches where I'm at, he puts the coffee down and engulfs me in the world's tightest hug. It really didn't help that he's really muscular and could easily crush me.

When I said I needed a hug, I meant a bear hug, not a bone crushing hug. Bears are comfy, so are their hugs. This was nowhere near comfy.

"Baxter...you're.... choking me." I manage to speak in a suffocated voice.

"You deserve it. I've been having sleepless nights because of you." he says, pulling away.

"If you kept hugging me like that, I would have actually slept forever." I roll my eyes.

"I missed you. You have no....what the fu-" he gasps, his eyes trained on my blood stained shoulder, where Moros rested his hand.

"Baxter it's nothing!"

"It's something. Are you hurt?" he asks, reaching for my shoulder. "If Hudson hurt you, I swear, I'll..."

"I'm not hurt, Baxter. So save your karate. And Hudson is dead, so that's it."

Baxter frowns. "What do you mean he's dead?" Then his eyes get wide as he whispers, "Did you kill him? If so, don't worry, I'll cover up for you."

"No. Ace did. There was an attack on Exyclott and..."

"An attack?" he asks with horror.

"Yes. Pay attention. So there was an attack because Hudson wanted to overthrow his brother and..."

"An attack? That sounds very dangerous. You were in the middle of an attack, Eva? Why did you even go there in the first place?"

"I needed to. Just hear me out as I explain. The people needed me so I had to be there."

"No they don't. You have powers doesn't mean you go risking your life for people you don't know. I need you, Eva. I do. You could've freaking died or something. What would you have done then? Huh? Did you think about how I'll feel if I saw you with an amputated arm?"

I roll my eyes at him. "As you can see, I'm very fine. My arm is fine too, fine enough to slap you for spewing nonsense right now. You are not the only one who needed me."

"You don't get it. I care about you more than anything in the world. You're all I have. And not hearing from you for so long was disheartening. Especially when you were in the middle of an attack."

I sigh. "I love you too, Baxter, but I had to. I'm so sorry. I understand you care about me because I'm your best friend but...."

I'm not able to finish my sentence when Baxter abruptly leans in and crashes his lips against mine. My heart immediately does a back flip. I've never been this shocked in my life. Baxter is kissing me.

I thought he....

Why is he....

Does he not think of me as his friend?

What's going on?!!

He pulls away quickly and starts breathing rapidly as he looks away and composes himself.

I just remain in my seat and take a sip of my coffee, wig snatched. He turns back to me looking apologetic as he begins to speak.

"Eva, I didn't mean to...."

"Eva Cardale?" the doctor's voice interrupts.

I immediately get to my feet, coming back to reality. "Yes?" I respond. The doctor walks towards me and Baxter.

"Is everything okay? Is Ace okay?"

"We've been able to stop the bleeding and stitched up the major injuries, but for now he's still unconscious and would regain consciousness after a few days. Apart from that, he's in good condition." says the doctor.

I sigh in relief, even though I'm a little bit dissapointed that I don't get to talk to him right now.

"Thank you, Doctor." I mutter.

"You're welcome. You may go and see him after five minutes since the nurses are still covering up his wounds."

I nod in understanding and he walks off. I instinctively turn around and wrap my arms around Baxter in excitement. Ace was not dead! And I was going to see those beautiful eyes again. If this isn't pure bliss, then what is it?

I so couldn't wait to write this chapter. Here it is anyway. Tell me if it's good. Thank you  💙💚💛💜

🎵
Song Recommendation: As Ever Still by Lee Hong Ki 👌

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

269K 10.8K 55
𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗁 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝗈𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗀𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖺 𝗆𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖼𝗋𝗂𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗒. 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗅𝗒 𝖺𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗍𝗈𝗐𝗇�...
1.2M 35.5K 28
Evangeline Heart is a twenty year old homeless girl who was been forced out of her orphanage at the age of sixteen. She is a sweet, caring, innocent...
495K 17.3K 18
One snowy night Eva ventures outside upon hearing a loud crash and comes face to face with a creature of the dark. She feels her heart skip a beat an...
INKWORLD Por JEMMA7

Ciencia Ficción

815 218 22
With the fate of earth in her hands, Ivy is met with obstacles from all sides. She has to decide whether to ignore the message from earth or not. Th...