The Mark of an Alpha {Book 1}✔

By J_Quinonez91

[COMPLETE] Alpha. When you hear that word most of you think of a ruthless and physically strong man. Well, wh... More

The Mark of an Alpha: The Heartbroken Alpha {Rewritten}
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One ~Storm~
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six ~Hunter~
Fifty Seven ~Melany & Silver~
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Author's Note
Sixty Three
Sixty Four
Sixty Five
Sixty Six
Sixty Seven
Sixty Eight
Sixty Nine
Seventy One
Seventy Two
Seventy Three
Rambling Me and Question
Seventy Four
Seventy Five
What comes next?

Seventy

9.8K 441 21
By J_Quinonez91

Hunter carries me back to the pack house swaying me around while whistling a tune that sounds very familiar but I cannot quiet put my finger on it.

"What song is that?" I ask looking deep into his eyes as my arms are wrapped around his neck.

He smiles at me and then whistles the song again and moves me to the beat of the song.

"If I was a flower growing wild and free all I'd want is you to be my sweet honey bee."

"I know this song," realization dawns on me.

"And if I was a tree growing tall and green
All I'd want is you to shade me and be my leaves." He sings and I know where it is from.

"Juno!" I laugh, he nods and without missing a beat he continues.

"All I want is you, will you be my bride
Take me by the hand and stand by my side
All I want is you, will you stay with me?
Hold me in your arms and sway me like the sea."

We are in front of the pack house now and there are people from Hunter's pack arriving getting ready for the wedding and helping in whatever they can. I expect Hunter to stop singing but he keeps going.

"If you were a river in the mountains tall,
The rumble of your water would be my call.
If you were the winter, I know I'd be the snow
Just as long as you were with me, when the cold winds blow."

The people outside stare at us as Hunter carries me like a child. I can feel the embarrassment fill me as my cheeks heat up and I squirm in his arms wanting him to put me down.

"Put me down!" I whisper to him hoping that he would listen. He shakes his head as he holds me tighter to his chest and takes a deep breath as he goes to the next verse.

"If you were a wink, I'd be a nod
If you were a seed, well I'd be a pod.
If you were the floor, I'd wanna be the rug
And if you were a kiss, I know I'd be a hug."

My eyes dart to everyone around they seem happy to see their alpha act like this. When my eyes lock on Drake he stares at me with amusement in his eyes.

"If you were the wood, I'd be the fire. If you were the love, I'd be the desire.
If you were a castle, I'd be your moat,
And if you were an ocean, I'd learn to float..."

"Is it over?"

"You embarrass to easy. Andrew said you liked this song," he says as he releases my legs but keeps his hand on my back pressing me against him.

"I do embarrass easy. I love the song and you love the attention on you."

"No, I don't but I'm not worried about people looking at me." He lowers himself and presses his lips against mine.

The sound of something falling makes us move apart as our eyes look towards a young male that apparently dropped two suitcases and one opened up in the progress. Hunter releases me and hurries to help out the boy.

"I haven't seen our alpha this happy before." An older lady chimes at me as her hand rests on my shoulder. I look at her and she smiles as she keeps on her way.

He is a completely different person from what he told me he was. Angry at the world and careless.

"Melany," I do not have enough time to turn when I am up in the air.

"What the hell?" I scream as the person flings me into the air and catches me. I push away and Ken's huge grin appears before me.

"Lighten up!" He beams up at me.

"Put me down, ásshole," I smile at him and give him a hug.

"Come, let's head inside future Mrs. Adrian Hunter," he pushes me to the door and I head inside with him at my heels.

"Melany," Angie says from the couch, "someone's here to see you."

Someone steps out of the kitchen and it is Mathew. When did he get here that I did not see him?

A smile creeps on my face as I see his face. I run to him and give him a huge hug.

"Well hey there," he chuckles.

"You're here!" I shout into his ear and he laughs harder.

"Of course," I release him and he moves back. "I missed you."

Over the six months I have kept constant contact with him. "Someone else came with me."

"Who?" I question and I look over him.

"Calvin and..." He starts but then is interrupted.

"Did someone say my name?" Calvin comes out of the kitchen and my face falls. I have not spoken to him and I thought he wanted nothing to do with me.

"C-Calvin," I stutter as a typhoon of emotions rolls through me and I step away from him.

"Melany, are you okay?" His concerned eyes fall on me.

"You ignored me for so long." Every time I called Mathew I would ask about Calvin, ask if I could speak to him and he would neglect me.

"Melany, I'm sorry. I know saying that does not mean anything but I had a lot of changes to get use to and now I am where I belong."

"Even Zeke manage to squeeze in a call," I pout. I still consider Calvin like family even when he ignored me.

Zeke and I are in good terms now. He left his pack and decided to roam around the world. The last I heard from him he found his mate in Paris of all places. He is now on his way here.

"I'm sorry, you're not the only person that I've distant myself from I haven't spoken to my brother either since he left." His shoulders drop and I stare at him.

"He's been busy being my beta, trainer, and a father," Mathew states as my eyes bulge at him.

"A father," I gape.

"Yup, I found my mate. She had a child before meeting me and now I am a father of a two year old." His mouth cannot help but smile as he mentions the child.

"Oh no," he arches an eyebrow, "the terrible two's." I grin at him and he shakes his head.

"Do you want to meet him?" He has a son of course I want to meet him.

"May I?" He smiles at me and then yells.

"Damon," the small pitter patter of footsteps echo and then a child appears.

"Daddy," he squeals and jumps as Calvin swoops down and grabs him.

"Damon, I want you to meet Alpha Blake," his little brown eyes go to me. He looks adorable with his tiny red converse, jeans, and red Polo. His dark brown hair is combed forward and up in the front.

"Pretty," he says and I laugh.

"Is he trying to steal my girl?" Hunter wraps his arms around me, "because if he is then I'll be fighting a losing battle." He kisses my cheek and walks in front of me. "Can I?"

Hunter gestures to Calvin if he can carry him and Calvin hands him over. "Well aren't we a little heartthrob," Hunter gushes to the child and lifts Damon up into the air earning a fit of laughter from him.

Hunter carries him to the couch and Calvin gestures for us to walk into the kitchen. We walk to the table and sit down.

"Melany, I will do anything in my power to make it up to you."

"You're here now," I cut in.

"I missed you." He whispers.

"I missed you too," we both get up and I wrap my arms around him. "Am I going to meet your mate?" He nods.

"At the wedding I was making sure that I wasn't going to get kicked out."

"Kicked out, no, áss kicked...maybe." I smirk at him and he snorts.

"I'll take you on."

We both know how that would go. Calvin heads upstairs to unpack and I head back into the living room. Hunter is watching cartoons with Damon sitting on his lap as Damon's cheek resting on Hunter's chest. Damon's eyes stay locked on the screen as if he were in a trance.

I rest my shoulder on the wall as I take the scene before me in when the footsteps behind me make me straighten up.

"Melany," I know his voice anywhere. I turn on my heels and my grey eyes lock on his blue ones.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.5K 2.1K 17
A girl on the run. An alpha of a pack. One life changing meeting. ************************************* Sapphire is a girl on the run. After finding...
1.7K 93 17
This is a world where power and dominance stand above anything and everything else. This is a world where you don't want to run around in the dark. ...
49.2K 973 29
Can two souls from different worlds collide and not explode? Emily Wild lives up to her name. Being the sole survivor of her pack's slaughter left h...
41.7K 1.6K 38
No female had ever been an Alpha, and as the successor of her father, Abigail knew it was selfish to want to be the first, as the law strictly asked...