I'll always love you (A 'Pear...

By NewWriterOnTheBlock_

This is about a navy nurse Emiellia (It's Amelia but spelled differently) Rogers, who ends up getting shipped... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
A oneshot
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Hello (not a chapter)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Not a chapter (again)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Not a chapter
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Easter Oneshot
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 5

1.2K 16 0
By NewWriterOnTheBlock_

(Picture above from 'Pinterest')

Well, the rumor turned out to be true.

The Navy shipped us off to Pearl Harbor.

It's been a couple weeks since I've seen Danny and not gonna lie, I kinda missed him.

I sigh and sat up on the bed and leaned my back against the headboard.

The other nurses were still asleep, while the sky was just starting to wake.

Quietly, I grab my journal from the night side table and the pen next to it and took out the bookmark to reveal an empty page.

Even though it was still early morning, there was enough sunlight for me to see what I was writing.

Journal Entry #47
Monday April 16th 1941

In a couple of days, we arrive in Hawaii after a couple months on sea.
It has felt like years at this point.
A couple times on sea, I've gotten a bit sea sick, but otherwise I'm okay.
On sea, Ev has been a little wistful since Rafe left for England.
I remember that night as well...

I finished taking off the last of my makeup, and once I opened the bathroom door to leave, I saw Evelyn sitting on the edge of her bed with her head in her hands.

Oh my gosh, Ev are you okay?!" I ask rushing over to her.

She looks up from her hands and there was tear streaks down her cheeks and her eyes were a little pink.

"I-It's Rafe, H-He volunteered to go to England and he doesn't want me to see him off." She sobbed.

I pull her into a hug and held her tight, rubbing her back.

Not only is Evelyn my best friend, but she is like a sister to me.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that Ev. Maybe he does." I say to her.

She gives me a nod as a response.

"My cousin from Michigan did that when he was going to study in New York to be a teacher. Let's just say my aunt scowled him when he came back. The best part is that she did this in front of his girlfriend, now wife." I say
"During Christmas gatherings, we always embarrass him with that story." I add.

She lets out a small giggle and pulls away from the hug and grabs a tissue to wipe her eyes and another to blow her nose.

"Again I'm sorry Ev." I say standing up as she goes to throw away her tissues in the bathroom.

"It's okay. Maybe tomorrow we can wake up early and try to get to the train station." She tells me as she sits on her bed.

"Okay. Night Ev." I say as I get into my bed.

"Goodnight Em." She says as she crawls into her own bed and shuts off the lamp light and letting sleep engulf me.

The morning came faster that I would have liked it.

When I woke up, I checked the time.

'4:23 A.M. Enough time to get ready.' I think.

I get out of bed and grabbed my navy blue dress and a thin black belt with a pair of black heels to go with it, and laid the dress on the bed and went into the bathroom to the shower.

About 30 minutes later, I get out of the shower and wrap my silk white robe around my body and start drying my hair with a towel, along with using a hair dryer.
~

I finish up curling the last section of my hair and making sure I didn't miss any places, I unplug the curling iron and rest it on the counter.

When I do curl my hair, I like to do loose curls and leave my long light brown hair down.

It's simple, but I like it simple.

I get out of the bathroom to see Evelyn still asleep and the sun starting to rise.

I check the time again and this time it was 6:02 A.M.

I grab my dress from my bed and went back to the bathroom to get my dress on and do my makeup, which was black mascara and ruby red lipstick.

I finish getting dressed and doing my makeup, and I do one more look over and I leave the bathroom satisfied with how I look.

When leave the bathroom, I see Evelyn still not up yet.

'Oh Ev.' I think, rolling my eyes with a smile.

My smile turns into a smirk as an idea hatched inside my head.

"Oh my gosh Evelyn wake up! Rafe's train just left!" I scream.

I watched as she woke up in a panic and hopped out of bed and ran straight to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!" She said frantically.

I couldn't help but start laughing as I watched her literally jump out of bed and dash to the bathroom.

"What's so funny!?" She yells from the bathroom.

"You literally jumping out of bed when I told you Rafe's train departed." I answer honestly.

It goes silent of a second before she answers.

"So it hasn't left the station yet?" She asks.

"Yes, but you better hurry, you woke up kinda late." I say.

"Okay good." She responds.

After she answers me, I hear the shower turn on.

I roll my eyes again and sat on the bed and started picking back up on my book.
~

After about an hour of Ev getting ready, we both hurry out of the hotel and into a taxi to head to the train station.

We make it to the station and we both hop out as fast as we possibly can.

I paid the driver and rushed into the station with Evelyn.

"Excuse me sir, but do you know if track 57 has left yet?" Evelyn asks a man behind a desk.

"I'm sorry Miss, but it's just departing." He said pointing over to the trains.

We both heard the loud train whistle and we start running to try to catch up to it.

To tell you the truth, I was hoping it didn't leave yet.

Once we got there, we see Rafe's train already leaving and I look over at Evelyn to see tears falling down her cheeks.

I pull her into a hug as she started to cry.

We pulled away and started leaving the station...

I still remember the heartbroken look she held in her eyes.

Us nurses tried cheering up Evelyn, and sometimes it would work, but other times she just wanted to be left alone, but over all, we left her alone, but we made sure she wasn't feeling sad.

"What are you doing up this early Em?"

I turn my attention to Evelyn, who was just waking up.

"Just writing." I answer.

She nods and gets out of bed to get ready.

I look back down at my journal and I start writing again.

I'm proud of Ev because she's a fighter and is getting better everyday.

That's why she is my best friend.

Anyways, I'm gonna get ready for the day and stop writing.

-Signed
Emiellia Rogers.

I place my bookmark in a new page and shut the journal and put it under my bed and got out of bed to get dressed.
~
Thanks for reading!
Another long chapter today, oh well.
Anyways I hope you enjoyed it anyways!
-NewWriterOnTheBlock_
(Word count: 1245)
I don't own the 'Pearl Harbor' characters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 538 12
โ”โ” โ๐™ณ๐š˜๐š—'๐š ๐™ด๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š— ๐šƒ๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š” ๐™ฐ๐š‹๐š˜๐šž๐š ๐™ธ๐š.โž -"Hey, it's ok! I won't hurt you! I'll keep you safe! I promise!" In Which a Boy Promises a Girl...
2.3K 132 16
- ๐™‰๐™ค๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™š, ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ข๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™™๐™ž๐™จ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™จ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ, ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™˜๐™ช๐™ก๐™ž๐™–๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™š๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™๐™ž๐™™๐™™๏ฟฝ...
106K 6K 40
Pearl Blankenship, an autistic investigative journalist, witnesses the end of the world. Before the nuclear fallout can kill her, a mysterious being...
2.2K 21 32
Choosing her cost me everything I'd ever loved... including her. It's why I left the small town where I grew up and vowed never to return. I'm no lon...