My stepbrother is the Mafia K...

By PheonixVivianfaye

Do you know what it's like to fall in love with the devil, it's hell. Lexi is finally starting to feel norma... More

About the Author
C H A R A C T E R S
1 | D I N N E R
2 | E N G A G E M E N T
4 | G R I M M F A M I L Y PT.1
5 | G R I M M F A M I L Y pt.2
6 | I N T O X I C A T I N G
7 | M I N E
0| Communication board
8 | T R U T H I N L O V E
9| D A Y O N E
10 | C H O O S E M E
11 | R E C T I F Y
12| S H A D O W S
13| N I G H T M A R E S
14| P A R A N O I D
15| H O M E
16| L O V E & H A T E
17| G O N E M A D
18| E I G H T E E N
19| GALA
20| L I T T LE - S T A R
21| P E R F E C T - W O M A N
22| G O N E D A R K
23| S E C R E T
24| W A R
25| S I L E N C E
Every beginning has an end. THE END
S E A S O N TWO
26| H O M E
27| H A L L H I S T O R Y
28| M A D R I D
29| Clue #1

3 | E N Z O

21.2K 418 203
By PheonixVivianfaye

I've been tossing and turning all night; this bed doesn't feel like it used too. I have been wanting to get a glass of water for the past two hours, the only thing stopping me is the thought of waking someone up. However, a person can only deny themselves for so long. I flip my blankets off my bed and step onto my nice warm carpeted floor. I should put on some socks just in case the marble floors are too cold at this time of night, what time is it anyway? I look around my room in search for my clock, I place my hands inside my robe. Oh wait! I have a phone, I'm such a goof. It's 2:21 in the morning, no one should be awake right now, I'll just poke my head out in hopes they are all fast asleep.

I open my door slightly, looking both ways before exiting my safety cube, coast looks clear to me. I walk down the stairs looking at every detail, so I know where I am tomorrow morning. I grab my phone and turn on my flashlight, I feel like a kid in grandma's basement; get in, then get out. I walk into the kitchen and place my hand on the refrigerator handle, I don't even know if the fridge has-

"Hello Mr. Grimm." The fridge speaks. I jump at the sound of the refrigerator, wait- SPEAKS!? I was stunned, never in my life could I imagine a fridge talking to me, sort of.

"Shh," I said.

"What would you like?"

"Shh" I say again.

"Okay Mr. Grimm. Shasta dispensing." The lights come on behind me, it was my soon to be stepbrother. I turn around, hiding my phone behind my back and give him a soft smile. I am in my nightgown, totally see through, I am not wearing a bra, I cross my arms and giggle awkwardly.

"Hi." Hi?! What the hell? You just made this encounter way more awkward than it needed to be.

I could see him in full- his tattoos, his scars, his 6 pack... His light brown fluffy hair all messed up, his tired eyes, has he even slept yet? He's wearing sweatpants which looks mighty fine on him. I'm pretty sure he caught me staring...I look away biting my lip, he smiles, I wonder if he noticed? I attempt to respond to this very awkward situation. I could feel my cheeks turning rosy red. what if he saw my nipples, I would be so embarrassed.

"I-uh- you know," I stutter in result of being captivated by his gloriousness. He releases his crossed arms and leaning position and walks closer to me, I step back holding in my breath, trying to squeeze my legs together. My back hits the fridge door, His hands are leaning against them. He towers over me, and his breath smells minty fresh. I close my eyes so I wouldn't have to look into his big, beautiful green, mysterious yet seductively calming eyes. I probably look ridiculous but the thought of kissing him makes me sick. We just met, why would he be rushing this?

"What are you doing?" he asks. I open one eye, I let out a sigh in relief as I notice a can of lemonade in his hand. I look behind me and notice a box of canned lemonade, that looks tempting, completely ignoring his question. He coughs to get my attention and I begin to hug myself,

"Oh- well, I was- I, woke up thirsty," He nods, I turn behind me and open a can of orange soda, I pop it open and chug it.

"For what?" I choked, spitting the soda all over the floor and my top. Oh no, how embarrassing. He holds back his laughter as he watches me trying to breath. Literally feeling my throat close right now. Once I caught my breath (thankfully still living) I continue to say.

"A drink."

How dare he put his mind in the gutter, or was mine in the gutter? You know what- doesn't matter. I place the soda down on the counter as I look through drawers to find a rag- I pull out the one closest to the sink and hit the jackpot I grab this and run it under the hot water, I feel the hot water coat my fingers and hands, wringing out the water from the rag. I blush when I remembered what I already forgot... my nightgown being see through I yelp and turn around. He quickly looks away, or was he always looking away? I grab the hoodie off the coat rack and wrap it over my waist. I bend down and begin to wipe the orange soda I spilt. I thought, maybe if I played a little game we might get along, I loosen up the jacket and it falls off. I smile and look at his reflection in the fridge, I was mildly disappointed when I saw that he was more distracted with his drink. I stand up and I walk back to the sink, place the rag over the faucet and pour my drink down the drain.

I shut the door behind me. my heart is going a million miles per minute. I place my hand over my heart, why does he excite me. I lean against it, holy shit god has blessed that man, if my mom and his dad weren't engaged, he would make a great boy toy. I lock my door and sit on the couch turning the TV on. That got way too intense! First the bathroom incident at dinner and now this kitchen incident, if the fricking fridge didn't rat me out, I could have had some water in peace... well I guess I ended up having a soda instead, but that's beside the point right now. I hug my pillow close to my chest, I look down at my phone and notice a text from Enzo.

"I hope you're thinking about me...." I bite my lip; he has always been the sentimental type.

"Wish I was doing a lot more than thinking." I stare at the phone, waiting for his reply.

"Do you want to meet somewhere?" Does he mean now?

"Now?" I reply.

"Ofc." He finished. I look outside, he's standing in the front yard, how does he know where I am? I open the window and smile.

"How did you find me, prince stalker?" I laugh. He tucks his hands into his pockets and laughs.

"I think I have a habit of kidnapping beautiful woman. So, would you let me kidnap you?" I quickly turn around and grab a less see-through nighty and a sweater with my Slippers. I know that there is a park a few blocks away, perfect area to sit and talk. I climb out the window, this is not like my house, it seems so much higher up, I've never been this nervous to jump out my window.

"You have to catch me, okay?" I spoke. I jump, the wind in my hair was almost like the world was giving me a kiss. When I opened my eyes, he was looking at me, smiling. He sets me on my feet, grabbing my hand. His hands are rough, has he been fighting? He walks us out of the mansion and down the block, the only thing I know about this area is the park, we used to go here all the time when I was younger.

The air was crisp, it seems warmer than it was earlier. The ground was cold, is it almost fall? It's hard to imagine summer is ending. Do I start school soon? I looked up and notice Enzo looking at me, he's changed, he looks different. It's truly the first time I looked at him since... I can feel myself blushing. My mom hated how much he influences me. If it weren't for Enzo, I would have never made It through the death of Dad. He helped me in all sorts of ways, he was the bodyguard that saved me and pulled me out of the depths of my own sadness.

He made me laugh, he was there and stopped everything he was doing just to be by my side, he's always been that way. I'm weak and vulnerable with the person I love the most, but he also makes me stronger.

We get to the park; we both take a seat on a swing. He pulls out a joint, lighting it. I get so excited when weed is brought to a party.

"When did you get back?" I look at him, waiting for his answer. He hands me the joint; I start to smoke it.

"About three months ago." My head sharply turns to him, 3 months. He didn't think of calling or texting.

"I wasn't allowed to get a hold of you, my boss forbade it. "His boss forbids him from talking to me.

"Your boss sounds like a dick" He agrees, I hand him the joint once more. He takes a deep hit, coughing almost immediately.

"I love you Enzo." I blurted. He lets the pot smolder, we've said it plenty of times before, but this time, I'm... scared. Ever since Dad has died things have changed, but this is just a major one. I feel like everything is just going to go downhill, my world is about to spin out of control.

"I love you too, Lexi."

For the rest of the time, we were silent, like, we ran out of things to say. He walked me back to, my house. This place feels dirty, the smell of gunpowder and metal is strong. What happened in this house? Speaking of, how did Enzo even know about this place? Not even I knew about this place, on the front gate it says 'Grimm estate' but I've never heard of these people. How did they get all their money?

Later that morning

I stretch out in my bed looking at the time 5:00 Am. I have an hour before I meet Gracie at the coffee house before school starts. I replay the conversation- well, the silence- that happened between Shane and I. I just can't help but feel he is hiding something from me, something major.

I grab a sweater, jeans, and black boots that I placed out earlier and walk downstairs. I need to leave in about 20 minutes. My phone vibrates, I unlock my phone, it's Enzo.

"Sorry, I can't make it. Talk l8tr." He texts.

"Are you fucking kidding me!" I grunted. I notice that fluffy haired boy hovered over the counter looking at his food scarfing down cereal. gross.

"What are you 12?" I snicker. I grab the banana off the counter and unpeel it. He stares at me unpeeling it, I cock my eyebrow and hand him the banana. I give him the 'disgusted' face.

"If you love them that much, here." He snorts. I watch the milk drain from his nose right into his bowl. I hold my hand over my mouth to stop myself from puking everywhere, that's going to be a memory that will keep him up at night. Should I ask him? I look down at the banana in his hand and I look at him.

"My ride wasn't able to come through. Could you take me to meet my friend at the coffee shop downtown?" I smile. He looks at me, putting his napkin on his plate, then the banana. He nods his head, he wasn't even wearing a shirt, his hair wasn't brushed, he hasn't even changed out of his Pajama's. He grabs the keys out of the key bowl, quick to put his sleepers so he can head to the car. I walk over to the laundry room; he will not be showing up in front of Gracie half naked. I grab a shirt from the dirty laundry, I looked around last night before the fridge incident I found this room. This shirt doesn't smell half bad, not like he's getting out. I run out of the house closing the door right behind me. I run to the car, swinging open the door and throwing my bag inside. I toss the shirt in his lap; I get his confused look in return.

"We may be becoming siblings, but you will not be showing up in front of my friend half naked." He rolls his eyes. He pulls out of the driveway and heads to the coffee shop. I am so glad he was willing to take me. I am so mad at Enzo; this is not the first time he has stood me up either. In fact, I don't think he and I have ever been on a public date, he's always inviting me to places that don't have many people, or it's a picnic. We've only had sex in places like school, restaurants, and other public areas, now that I'm thinking about it, it sounds very gross. Trust me it feels much better than- forget it.

The car ride is quiet, the only thing I have managed to occupy the silence with is my broken nail. It bothers me how uneven they look, I wonder if I should take this as a sign from the universe, "don't let the imperfections bother you". That's my Motto for the rest of the month, sorry off track again. I wonder what his story is. Why the scars and what is with the creepy looking tattoo? does it have some sort of deep dark secret written in between the lines?

The coffee shop should be coming up any second now, oh there it is! I point over to the right of us and see Gracie sitting at our window seat. But before we got to close, he slows down and pulls into a different parking lot and parks the car. He looks at me, I look at him. Oh no, not this again, please.

"Shane"

"What?" I ask.

"That's my name." he smiles stretching his hand out. I put my hand in his for a handshake, but he pauses,

"I was asking for the shirt..." Of course... I hand him the shirt and throw myself back in my chair feeling so embarrassed. He pulls into the coffee shop. I didn't want to thank him, didn't want his ego to blow over. What if he thinks I like him, no not this again. I look at Gracie and hug her. Our favorite Server, Remi waves at me and I wave at her back. She brings over two hot chocolates with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.

"How are my Favorite young ladies today?" She smiles. I smile back and look at her, she's wearing a new shade of lipstick, it looks good on her. She walks away and now my attention is on Gracie, I smile and squeal. This is my favorite part of my mornings.

"So, you moved..." She blurted. I stirred my Hot chocolate around and nod my head. I wasn't going to be so direct with it, but she is blunt. How did she know If I never texted her about it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 1.9K 44
(+18) . . Mel is beautiful and strong but asocial and weird. The smartass attitude and foul mouth often get the best of her, and not many people can...
1.4M 40.6K 44
Clara Bowen has had a troubled life. Her family, being very religous, has entrapped her into a life hidden from the real world. Now Clara is given th...
17.9K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...
11K 38 12
WARNING: There are heavy smut scenes in this. Don't read the chapters with a 🔥 if it makes you uncomfortable. Kayla Bloom starts her first year of...