A Hybrid's Tale (ninjago x re...

By anon13mus

Originally from Quotev... A girl who possesses many elements is taken in by a strange man offering a life of... More

Welcome
Masters of Spinjitzu (Part One)
Masters of Spinjitzu : Your New Family (Part two)
The Golden Weapons
The Golden Weapons ( Part two )
Rise of the Snakes
Home
Snakebit
Never Trust a Snake
A/N
Can of Worms
Snake King
Tick Tock
Powerful Secrets
Once Bitten Twice Shy
The Royal Blacksmiths
Green Ninja
All of Nothing
Rise of the Great Devourer
Day of the Great Devourer
Darkness Shall Rise
Double Trouble
Ninjaball Run
The Stone Army
The Day Ninjago Stood Still
The Last Voyage
Island of Darkness
The Last Hope
The Return of the Overlord
The Rise of the Spinjitzu Master
The Art of the Silent Fist

The Surge

1K 23 37
By anon13mus

(Y/n's pov)

After the Final Battle, the Battle meant to end all battles, it meant practical extinction towards the age of the ninja.

No enemies to fight, no battles to battle....what was the point of being a ninja if no one needed saving?

Instead, we became teachers. Teachers for the students in the new and improved Sensei Wu's Academy.

I was in the middle of teaching a class, and for some reason, I felt none of the boys were even paying attention. They would stare off into space and just stare at me....weirdos....

I was teaching in front of my teacher desk, and place my hands on the table.

"Alright kids, who can tell me what the Final Battle was all about? Hmmm, Ms. Wang!"

When I asked the question, a few hands shot up. Marie Wang, being one of them. She was the girl I had met before Lloyd had even used the tomorrow tea. Before any of the real trouble started.

She smiles as she hears me calling on her. "Oh, okay. The Final Battle was all about the final fight against good and evil! The Green Ninja and the Overlord, face to face! It was a battle to end all battles! And without the ninja, we all would be dead."

I stand with wide eyes after hearing the last sentence of her answer, and can't find the correct words to add to it.

"I...-Uh....w-well put Marie! Very....intuitive..."

The bell rang for recess, and everyone stood up to start heading out. I grab some of my stuff to start heading out to the staff lounge to meet the guys.

I took my bag of snacks and walked into the staff lounge. "Hey guys." I say with a quick smile.

No one really responded, and instead, I'm greeted by hangry Jay.

"Alright, who ate my pudding cup? My name was clearly written on it!"

Cole turns to him, making it obvious he was eating it. He shoveled it down with a single spoon, and tossed it in the trash. "Sorry, didn't see Motor Mouth on it."

Jay puts his hands on his hips. "Hmph, well I'm telling the headmaster!"

Sensei shakes his head. "Leave me out of it."

I roll my eyes, taking out my pudding cup. "Calm down man, here, take mine." I take mine out of my bag, and toss it to Jay. He delightfully smiled, and opens it up. "Ooh, yummy!" He eats some, and his smile gets smaller. "Awww but it's not cold..."

I sit down, taking out a juice box. I poke a hole through it with the straw, and sip on it.

Zane presses some buttons, and ice shoots out of his hands, cooling the cup of pudding.

"Awe thanks Zane!" Jay complimented as he gobbled it down.

The white ninja and I made eye contact and smiled at each other. Our contact was broken after someone spoke up.

"Is anyone else chapped that Lloyd gets to be the Golden ninja and fly around accepting awards while we're stuck here being teachers with no powers?"

Sensei Wu comes in with his cup of steaming tea, and Nya comes flying into the room, slamming the door behind here.

A kids voice, boy, was heard right behind the door. "Hi Ms. Nya!"

"I like your dress Ms. Nya!"

She sighs, walking in. "Why is it when I teach I get the feeling that none of the boys are listening?"

I smile and nudge her shoulder. "Right there with ya."

Jay slowly creeps out, holding out his cup. "H-Hi Ms. Nya. I saved you some pudding..."

She places her hands on her hips, and tilts her head at him. "What did we talk about?"

He mischievously smirks. "Oh right. Boundaries."

Nya shakes her head and returns to her usual happy self. "So did you guys hear the news?"

The guys come rushing out.

"There's danger?"

"An emergency?"

"A new menace?"

I face palm, and shake my head. Nya smiles, and throws her hands up. "No, we got clearance for a field trip!"

Everyone else in the room groaned, and Nya waves her hands. "No, not just any field trip, a field trip to Borg Industries."

Jay excitedly gasps. "Ah! Not THE Borg Industries?! As in home to super genius reclusive savant Cyrus Borg? Inventor of the hover car and everything else cool in this world?"

Zane kicks Jay, snapping him out of his trance.

I giggle, and Kai cuts in. "Who cares about Cyrus Borg? If you ask me, people should concern themselves with the lessons of the past."

Everyone starts quietly filing out, and I silently wait for Kai to realize that they're gone.

"Not waste their time on the dispossible fads of tomorrow when-"

He turns around finally, and sighs. I smile. "Cmon slow poke. Meet us at the buses." I say with a quick wink.

<><><>

(3rd person pov)

She gets on the bus full of students, and joins an ongoing conversation. Brad was smirking and rolling his eyes at Cole dancing around.

"Ugh Mr. Cole is the worst."

Cole grunts. "I heard that." He sits down in the seat next to Y/n, and she chuckle. "Don't let them get to you. They're just kids."

He smiles to her. "I know. That's why I get to control the mic."

She shakes her head, grinning.

The bus starts moving, and Kai speaks up. "So we're really going to the city? We haven't been there since...well, you know."

Sensei appears, spreading a little word of wisdom. "Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow is yet to come. We only have today." He turns back to Nya who's driving the bus. "Or else this offer expires. Get a move on Nya."

"Aye Aye Sensei."

<><><>

When the school had arrived to the city, it was unrecognizable to everyone sitting in the bus.

They all marveled at the different lights and signs floating and flying around.

Nya gapes. "Wow. You leave town for a short while and- woah!"

An incoming vehicle came crashing through, and hit the bus full of kids. He shakes his head, scrunching his face at their vehicle.

"Ugh, who still uses wheels anymore? Get with the program!"

Y/n rolled her eyes. "With that behavior? He deserves it."

Cole chuckles, getting out to help. "Don't worry, we'll free you up."

He steps closer to the car. "Time for some old school muscle tool." He lifts up the car, but is interrupted by a strange machine.

Its a robot, but not the same as Zane. It walks over towards the crashed car, and helps out. "Stand back pedestrian." It speaks to Cole.

Cole seems offended. " Who you calling pedestrian?"

Zane shakes his head. "It seems our help is not welcome here."

Sensei nods. Well I prefer traveling the old fashion way. On foot."

The students and staff load off the bus, and Sensei keeps talking. "Besides, it's not like we can't find where we're going."

The ninja keep walking with their students, and enter the huge glowing building. Y/n, alongside Zane, marveled and maxes comments on how amazing the building was.

"Wow, look at that...it's so beautiful." The girl said to her significant other. He smiled, placing an arm around her shoulder.

"Ha...not as beautiful as.........."

He doesn't finish the sentence, and so she looks at him in confusion. He still doesn't, and just blankley stares ahead. She raises an eyebrow in concern, and clears her throat. "Umm.....Zane...?"

He still doesn't look to her, so she touches his forehead with the back of her hand. "Zane? Are you alright?"

When he doesn't answer, she looks straight ahead, and sees another girl around their age standing in front of them. But.....she's not human....

"Welcome to Borg Industries. I am Pixal, Cyrus's Primary Interactive X-ternal Life Form. I'm sorry to hear about traffic accident."

Y/n raises her eyebrows. "You know about that?"

Pixal nods. "Everything in New Ninjago City is fully and automatically recorded. Your antiqued bus should be ready shortly."

Y/n feels uneasy. To say she was uncomfortable was an understatement. The girl robot. She had bright glowing green eyes, a purple shirt that only covered one shoulder, and visible wires and such around her body.

Y/n noticed the excessive staring, and started feeling wildly uncomfortable. She waved a hand in front of Zane's face in hopes he would quit the unnecessary staring.

(Y/n's pov)

Pixal keeps talking. "You are Zane. A droid like me, what does Zane stand for?"

I had no problem with the two conversing, but the only thing I was worrying about, was Zane. His grip loosened on my arm, making me shiver with embarrassment. He was letting go.

"I stand for peace, freedom, courage. In face of all who threaten Ninjago."

Jay nudges him on the shoulder. "She means your name, tin head."

I smile, looking to Jay. "Motor Mouth."

He laughs, rolling his eyes to me and returns to the guys. When I look back over to Zane, he still has the little puppy dog eyes he used to give me.

He shakes his head, trying to fix his sentence. "Oh....then I guess I'm...just Zane."

I try to smile, using my shoulder to lightly bump his. "And an amazing ninja." I say while turning red.

However, when I look back at him, he didn't have the usual red blush or pink face, and it only raised my insecurity levels.

"Permission to scan?" She requested.

Thats when he started to turn a light shade of pink.

"Uh....permission....granted?"

I step back, making room for them to.....scan each other....?

I sigh, stepping back, and stand with the rest of the group. Cole notices my uneasiness, and pats me on the back. "Don't worry. It'll be okay."

I look to him with a hopeful smile, and Jay decides to break the silence with an unhelpful statement. "Woah check it out! Zane's got an admirer!"

My shoulders slump, and I watch as the girl slowly starts to scan him. His eyes, not leaving hers. "Er....excuse me for a minute...."

I walk through the group and head outside, the automatic doors sliding open. I sat down on the streets, and watched the flying cars zoom by. My face sat in the palm of my hands while I felt the fire inside diminish into cold loneliness. I close my eyes, earning a familiar flashback.

* "You do not have to worry about losing me. There is no one else that can take me away from you." *

The flashback brings a smile to my face. What was I so afraid of? I knew Zane. He would never do such a thing...I hear the whirring of the doors behind me slide open, and I turned to see who it was.

"Oh, hey Nya."

"Hey." She walked over come and sit next to me.

I sigh, sitting straighter. "....it changed so much....didn't it?"

She nods. "Yes. It's so....unrecognizable."

I chuckle. "Yeah...."

She turns to me, seeming to sense the uneasiness. "You know he won't do that right? He loves you. You keep telling yourself that."

I smile. "Yeah....I know. I just wish I believed it..." I whispered the last part, and she started to stand up, offering a hand for me. I take it and she pulls me up, and I purposely make it difficult for her.

"Ugh Y/n haha come on!"

I finally stand up, and she starts heading in. "You coming? We've gotta start our tour with the kids, remember?"

I nod. "I'll be right along."

She glances at me, and finally walks into the building. The rest of the flashback returns.

* "Yeah well, maybe not at the moment."*

I grimace remebering his reaction. His laugh echoed in my head, but he never did deny it.

I exhale, finally stepping back into the building. When I walk in, Nya is talking to our group, and I scan the crowd for Zane. He standing away from the group, and I start heading towards him. His eyes are glued to Pixal. I can't help but feel.....jealous? I'm not one to deny what I feel, so to be honest, having Pixal around my boyfriend was so not ideal.

I kept quiet, and tapped his shoulder. "Zane? Umm...the guys are calling you..." I say while pointing to them. He slowly tilts his head, but his eyes don't leave Pixal.

"Yes. Alright." He starts rushing off, my hand that was on his shoulder fell, and I frowned.

"...wow..." I mutter.

I feel my shirt being tugged. "Ms. Y/n?"

I look down and see Marie standing right next to me. I smile, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Oh, yes Marie?"

"Are we starting the tour yet? My feet are getting tired.."

I smile, picking her up and throwing her on my back. She held the top of my head, and her legs dangled over my shoulders.

"Yup. Sure are."

She giggles, and I follow the rest of the group into the next room of oddities.

<><><>

We exit out of the elevator, and enter an entire floor of different kinds of technology. Video games, simulators, cars, anything that required technology. It was very impressive.

Pixal continues with her tour. "Mr. Borg believes technology is the key to making our dreams come true."

All the kids gaped and marveled at all the glowing items.

"Cool beyond cool..."

"Awesome."

"Uber mega.."

"I'm like...wow...."

Three huge rounded screens spun around, revealing a virtual reality universe. The kids playing seemed to be enjoying their time in their "augmented universe".

Pixal stands in the front. "Even now he is working on a Digiverse where the player will be digitally scanned in to take gaming to another level."

The groups of boys and girls stray off into different directions. The group of girls crowd a small section, grabbing the undivided attention of Nya and I.

"Ooh what are they looking at?" Marie asks while getting our eyes to meet. I smile up at her. I shrug, making her jump with a startle.

"Ha, I don't know. Let's find out."

We walk over, and stand the giddy little girls. Nya and I raised eyebrows as we neared the crowd.

"Woah! They have perfect match consoles!" A girl squeals.

"What's perfect match?" Nya questions with a quick smile.

"It's the latest craze. It finds your perfect partner with flawless results. You should try it Ms. Nya and Y/n!"

I wear a doubtful expression, and set Marie down. I playfully shake my head at Nya, and we decide to step on anyways.

I chuckle. "I highly doubt that a little machine could ever-"

"Hello Nya. Ms Y/n. You are both very independent and strong women, who both refuse to be in boys' clubs. Nya is a self confident young lady, while Y/n is undoubtedly loyal. Analyzing matches now." They say in sync.

I nudge Nya. "Jay, duh."

"Zane, duh." She says while mocking me.

"Of course you're getting Mr. Zane!" Marie cheers. I shoot her a smile, and lights illuminate the machine.

The different colors and light fly across the screen, and we're left with the unbelievable. I view the screen in disbelief, and I turn to look at Nya to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

All the children gasp, and I cover my mouth while placing the other on Nya's shoulder.

"Promise you will not tell anyone...."

<><><>

We're brought into several other rooms, one of them being the factory.

"And this is our factory line, where-"

*beep*

Everything flashes red, and I stop walking, my eyes darting around.

All the machines, like the cranes and crushers, flash red, and surround us like wandering sheep.

"This will be the end of your tour."

The moving tracks we stood on started boosting up, and the machines blocked the exit. Sensei jumped across, and tried disabling Pixal with his staff, the whirring saws coming close to his body.

I stood with Nya, trying to protect the kids.

"Stay back and stay together!"

An incoming crane came for us, and Nya leapt and kicked it out of the way. Sensei doing the same with a saw. Brad panics, and starts yappering.

"This way! There's a way out!"

Indeed there was. I gasp, and the kids, being led by Brad, started racing down the tracks.

"No! Kids get back here! It's not safe!"

Brad gets blocked by a crusher, and a laser beam shooter starts targeting them.

"Ugh why do boys never listen to me?" Nya complains.

"Heads down!" I shout. Everyone obeys, and drop down to their knees. I charge a large ball of energy, and shoot the beam directly at the machines. It temporarily takes them out, and they slowly regain control.

I sprint over the kids to shield them from the lasers, and put up a giant sound barrier. The lasers bounce off, and it itself.

I take the shield down, and sigh. We all start dodging and deflecting all the beams. It clears a path, and we all start heading towards the pointed out exit.

We're very close, and yet, the track doesn't seem to slow down, and there's a blazing fire trap ahead. If we traveled any closer, death could, no, would be the consequence. "Crap crap crap...." I mutter.

I glance around for an emergency stop switch, and I finally spot it.

"Uh, got it! Nya! Hit that switch!" I yell. She looks, and nods.

She starts climbing, and the kids start whimpering. I start using my ice to try and slow it down. However, whenever I laid down a sheet of ice, it would automatically shatter and continue its course. I frown, but keep at it. It was slowing the process anyways, and hopefully it would give Nya enough time to hit the button.

She pounds at it, but has no luck. "Nya! Please!" I plead.

She hits it harder, but the box still remains in tact. "I-I can't! It won't break!"

The fire came nearer and nearer.

The kids all tripped and fell. The track still ran, and I started panicking. Suddenly, a helicopter flew up to the nearest window, and shot beams at the box Nya was hitting. It exploded, and she was thrown back. She landed on the now not functioning track, and the doors to our almost flaming death closed right on the bottom of my foot.

"Kids get up and head towards the ninj- I mean teachers!" I shout in a rather calm voice. They take o time to think and do as they're told.

I help Nya and Sensei out, and I get yanked back. I look down and see Pixal getting ahold of my foot.

"This will be the end of your tour."

"No offense but I'm glad it is." I use my other foot to kick her back. Good or bad, I knew she was just under influence of some weird override.

I tried to catch up, and leaped off the building. I , thankfully, landed safely on the side of the helicopter. Zane's eyes were still glued to the girl. I felt an strange pang in my heart.

"She's one of them! Let's get out of here!" I shout through the glass. He hesitantly nods, and starts flying away.

<><><>

We land back on the ground, and load the students on the bus. We try to send Nya and the students off to a safer location, so the ninja and I could stay back to protect the citizens. Kai looks as if he remembered something, and pulls something out of his pocket.

"Almost forgot. You better suit up." He said while handing me a newly crafted gi. It also comes with what they call a "techno ". It was a chain with a design on the end. There were two of the them, one for each hand.

"Why even call it a blade when it's so....dull?" I ask.

"That's what I said!" Cole huffs.

I spin in my Spinjitzu tornado, and quickly slip on the new Ninja GI. It fit like a glove, and I looked down at my cool sleeves. They were identically designed to match the guys gi's, but still had a female fit to it. I smile and pull the cloth over my mouth.

"Sweet....."

Suddenly, the bus full of kids starts tilting, and everyone inside starts screaming. Cole growls, and pushes it back to normal. He hopped on top to deal with the robot from earlier. The one who had assisted us after our bus had crashed. Cole leapt over and jumped over the robot. "No one calls me pedestrian!" He punched the power source of the robot, and it fizzed a little before crashing on the ground. The kids cheer, and Brad says the unexpected.

"I always said Mr. Cole was my favorite!"

The bus's engine roars and starts driving off, leaving us to deal with the citizens.

"Alright, so these techno blades can hack into their systems." Kai says as we huddle into a circle.

"So, what do you guys say we do a little hack-attack?" He says with a snide smirk.

"Wow play on words? You shock me?" I say a with a quick wink.

Jay turns pink, and Sensei formulates a plan. "Zane, Kai, Y/n, you take to the skies. I want Cole and Jay on the ground. And I'll do what I can for the people."

Cole squeals. "Heh heh, is anyone else feeling all tingly inside?"

"Ninjaaa goooo!" We all shout while twirling into our colorful spirals.

Zane and Kai took off on a jet and offrref to let me tag along.

"I'll be right behind you. I've got my own ride." I say while striking another aircraft. It transformed into a dark indigo shade and the engine roared loudly.

I hopped in and gripped the steering wheel tight.

"Alright.." I exhale. "We're back."

<><><>

After chasing and shooting down a few mechs, we finally became surrounded. In the middle of an intersection, huge robots blocked every exit, leaving us cornered and exhausted.

Zane tried shooting missiles at them, but it didn't seem to affect them.

"There's too many! We'll never get out!" Cole yelled.

"Keep fighting! They have to run out of batteries at some point." Kai encouraged.

"But these aren't toys. I don't think we can handle all of them at once." I reason.

A robot comes up and slams his metal fist on my vehicle. "Woah!"

A bright golden light blinds everyone, making us all cover our eyes. When I look back up, Lloyd appears, flying down on his golden dragon. "Lloyd!" We all great with a smile.

The robots all stop, and turn from red to green. He flies in and lands right in front of us. "Robot vs ninja? Ha. Dare I ask?"

I give him a quick punch on the shoulder, and he shakes it off, giving a warm smile.

"All right!" Cole exclaims.

"You are a sight for sore eyes!" Kai cheers.

"Dang straight." I smirk.

Suddenly, a voice we thought we'd never hear again plays loudly, sending chills down my spine.

"So....you couldn't help yourself. The Golden Ninja. We meet again."

Our attention snaps away from the new arrival, and sticks to a chilling screen. The Overlords face was printed on all of the TVs, and my eyebrows knitted together.

"Overlord," Lloyd challenges as he walks up. "I defeated you once, and I'll defeat you again!"

The Overlords eyes narrow into something wicked, and I'm left to notice the robots turning red again, their canon arms raised.

"Oh, I don't want a fight.....I just want your power!"

The robots start marching up to us, and Lloyd tries charging up a ball of energy. Sensei pushes his hands down. "No, Lloyd, your power is only making them stronger."

"But how do we fight?"

"We don't. We need to get you and the Techno Blades out of the city." Kai said.

Cole sighs. "I don't think he'll let us leave."

"I have an idea," Sensei starts, sparking our interest. "but I don't have much time to explain. Listen close."

We all huddle together, and when we break apart, we jump into our colored spirals. "Ninja go!"

We each jump into our own vehicles, and initiate our plan.

"I hope this works.." Jay says.

"At 4.2 percent chance of success, I'd say our hope is slim." Zane points out.

"Since when do we listen to the odds?" I say with sternness.

I frown, I didn't like our plan, and certainly didn't agree with it, but it was the only way.

I started flying around, shooting down whatever enemies I could. After Sensei dropped off the weapons to Kai, that was our signal to start getting out of there.

I zoomed out of the area alongside the others, and switched on my speaker.

"Guys, we can't leave him! We have to go back!" This time, it wasn't a suggestion. It was an order.

"Y/n's right. We have to go back for him!" Lloyd supported.

Kai's speaker comes on. "We will, but only when you are safe."

"He wants these weapons, and for some reason, he also wants you." Cole points out. "Remember, this is sensei's plan. They can't break him."

"Yesterday is gone. But tomorrow has yet to come." Zane says through the static. "We need to worry about today."

Jay clicked on. "You said it Zane."

"We will come back to New Ninjago City....and when we do...."

My eyes glanced up, watching the terrain ahead. I sped alongside Zane and we nodded.

"We will be ready."

Kai clicks in. "But for now, we need to find some place safe to hide. They'll be looking for us..."

<><><>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 24 6
Jay keeps having intrusive thoughts and feelings about a teammate that he just can't seem to shake. After years of suppressing all of these thoughts...
Metanoia By salt

Fanfiction

8K 315 10
[Ninjago x F!Reader] [6k - 20k worded chapters] Your life was as normal as someone could ask for, despite the fact that you could see dead people in...
18.4K 129 43
(undergoing an edit!) (Parts that I add will be in bold) Cole boyfriend scenarios. I will write a book for all 5 ninja, in every book I will bring a...
3.9K 81 14
Y/n is a small town girl from Jamanakai Village. When she moves to Ninjago City after a family tragedy, she struggles to adjust. But when she befrie...