SWEETEST THING

By the8-author

"They say if two souls are meant to be, they will always find their way back to each other in this time and o... More

일 (1)
삼 (3)
사 (4)
오 (5)
육 (6)
질 (7)
팔 (8)
구 (9)
십 (10)
십일 (11)
십이 (12)
십삼 (13)
십사 (14)
십오 (15)
십육 (16)
십질 (17)
십팔 (18)
십구 (19)
💎EPILOGUE💎

이 (2)

6.6K 325 126
By the8-author

"Stop running too much!"

"No sweetie, that's dirt!"

"Kookie stop eating those cookies, you'll get an achy stomach!"

"No you can't—Taetae that's not a toy!"

"Sua get down from there!"

"Oh My! My skirt! Suji get back here with that marker!"

"That's not food! Taeyon spit that out!"

"Boys no pushing each other on the slides!"

"Mina! Yuna! Stop pulling on the other girls' hairs!"

"Stop teasing Chimchim please!"

"Taetae No! Aish go wash your hands right now."

"Get back here, you midget!"

It's the day for outdoor activities and all the children are running wild as if it's their first time seeing a playground. Some of them already soaked in sweat and dirt, but the smiles on their faces makes up for everything.

Jeonghan was helping little Taetae wash his hands when he heard Seungkwan shouting from behind. He helps the little kid off the stepping stool and a female staff lead the child back to the playground. Jeonghan wipes his hands with his hankerchief, turning around to see his best friend running around the playground chasing one of the little chinese boys. Again.

Seungkwan looks pretty annoyed and Jeonghan wonders what happened this time.

"Teacher! Teacher! Teacher!" The little kid that Seungkwan was chasing came running to Jeonghan and hid behind him. Seungkwan stops running, catching his breath. He tries to speak but only ends up panting heavily.

"That child is a devil." Seungkwan said once he was calmed down. Jeonghan looks down at the kid who was pouting up to him.

Jeonghan sighs and turns to Seungkwan.

"What did he do?"

"He took my phone."

Jeonghan looks down at the kid again.

"Is that true Junhui? Did you take Teacher Boo's phone?"

Little Junhui just nodded, pouting guiltily as he pulls out the phone from his back pocket. Jeonghan crouch down so that he is eye to eye with Junhui.

"Jun taking someone else's things without their permission is not very nice, why did you do it sweetie?"

The little boy avoids eye contact with Jeonghan and looks down on his shoes with a pout on.

"I didn't mean to take it Teacher Yoon. It's just that, Teacher Boo doesn't spend time with us anymore, he's always on the phone. So I thought with no more phone, Teacher Boo will play with us again."

Seungkwan was torn between feeling disbelief and guilt. But the kid was right, Teacher Boo was always on his phone, chatting with whoever, probably his lover. And so Jeonghan could understand fully the kid's intention for taking the phone in the first place, but that doesn't mean he will tolerate it. Stealing is not very nice.

"I understand you. I'm not gonna be mad at you but Junhui you have to promise me that you will never take things without permission again. Do you promise?" Jeonghan held out his pinky finger to the kid.

"I promise Teacher Yoon, I promise." Junhui giggled, showing his cute canines and links his little pinky with Jeonghan's.

"Very good, now go give Teacher Boo his phone back and apologize to him."

Junhui nodded his head and ran to Seungkwan, catching the teacher off guard when the kid tackles him in a hug.

"I'm so sorry Teacher Boo, I promise I won't do it anymore. Please don't be mad at me." Junhui started tearing up causing Seungkwan to panic.

"Hey hey don't cry,  it's okay, It's okay. I'm not mad, see?" Seungkwan gave the child a smile while also fighting his own tears back. He will always have a soft spot for the little chinese boy no matter how annoying he gets sometimes.

"I'm not mad and I'm not gonna punish you. I forgive you. Just promise me that you really won't do it anymore. Do you promise Junhui?"

The little chinese boy vigorously nodded his head . He sniffled, wiping his little tears away and hugged Seungkwan tighter.

"I promise teacher!"

Seungkwan lets out a soft chuckle and playfully ruffles the kid's hair.

"Now how about we go and play a game, any game you like."

"Really!?" Junhui started jumping excitedly. Seungkwan laughed at his adorableness.

"Yes Jun."

"Oh! Can HaoHao play with us too? I want HaoHao to play also teacher, Can he? Can he?"

Seungkwan jokingly rolled his eyes but nodded his head nonetheless.

"Go get him then and wait for me by the slides, okay? I'll just have a little talk with Teacher Yoon."

Jun shrieked in joy and Jeonghan watched as the kid ran to his best friend who was sat alone under a tree, reading or trying to read a book.

The two kids made their way to the slides hand in hand. Junhui swinging their hands together with a cute smile on his face. Minghao could only roll his eyes at his best friend, trying to hide a smile.

"Well that's something I don't see everyday." Jeonghan said, crossing his arms against his chest and an amused grin on his lips.

Seungkwan stared at the older in confusion. "What?"

The long haired male lets out a chuckle. "You not being a bitch."

"Aish Hyung. I was never a bitch to these kids. Annoyed? Yes, But being a bitch? Never. I love Kids and you know that. I just can't stand their annoying butts sometimes." Seungkwan said in all seriousness and Jeonghan tried his best not to laugh but fails miserably.

"What? I was serious Hyung! I do love Kids." Seungkwan childishly protested.

It's rare moments like this that Jeonghan can get his best friend to be all flustered and a little frustrated. Jeonghan, for once, is the one doing the torture and he is enjoying every second of it. Consider it payback for Seungkwan's, greatly embarrassing, sex talk the other day.

Jeonghan just smiled at his best friend, his smile was full of teasing and Seungkwan couldn't help but roll his eyes and groan in annoyance.

"Ugh! can you just––JUST hold my phone for me, Thanks." Seungkwan hands over his phone and left his bestfriend.

Jeonghan was still smiling as he watch Seungkwan sneak behind Junhui before lifting the kid and throws him in the air. He catch him back and began tickling him. The kid's sweet laughters filled the air, it's like music to Jeonghan's ears.

Jeonghan shakes his head, he pocketed his bestfriend's phone and went to check on the other kids.

*************

Soon both kids and teachers are back inside their classrooms. Teachers are tucking the kids in for their afternoon nap. When the kids are all sound asleep, some of the teachers went to have their lunch while some went to take a nap themselves in the faculty room.

Jeonghan and Seungkwan decided to have their lunch in their classroom. The kids need atleast someone to watch over them while they sleep.

"Hyung what did you bring for your lunch today?"

Jeonghan opens his lunchbox as Seungkwan sits down across from him.

"Well I kind of went overboard with cooking. I have rice cakes, chicken stew, oh! My mom's version of kimchi and seaweed rolls." Jeonghan said pointing to each food.

"What about you? What do you have?" Jeonghan glanced at the younger's lunchbox. It was pink with white flowers on it while Jeonghan's lunchbox was white with cute little pink bunnies.

"Salad."

Jeonghan groaned in annoyance and gave his bestfriend a look.

"Seungkwan I already told you. You don't need a diet. You're not fat." Jeonghan said but Seungkwan only turned a deaf ear to him. In his mind, Jeonghan was only saying that because he pities him.

Soon lunch hour ended. Seungkwan was called to the main office, leaving Jeonghan to clean up. He washed their dishes before placing the boxes back into their bags. Not feeling the slightest tired, Jeonghan decided to continue working on the paperworks he couldn't finish the previous night.

Seungkwan returned to the room half an hour later and went straight to his desk. He opens his phone, smiling wide when he saw the green dot under his boonon's name indicating that he's currently online. He excitedly opens their chat box, eyes sparkling at the sweet messages from his boonon.

The two teachers spent the rest of naptime doing their own thing. Soon the kids started waking up, signaling the teachers that it's almost time for the children to be pick up

The two teachers help the kids get ready for dismissal and kept them entertained until it was time to go home. One by one the kids left until a few are left, among them is Chan as always.

Seungkwan went out to throw the trash and Jeonghan kept himself occupied while waiting for his bestfriend to return. He picks up scattered toys and placed them on the toy chest, then gathered the coloring books and story books. Arranging them in the mini bookshelf.

"Uhm excuse me?" A cacausian male suddenly enters the room, his police uniform catching Jeonghan's attention.

"I'm here to pick up Chan."

"Who are you?"

"Sorry, I'm Vernon. I'm Bestfriends with Chan's Father." Vernon held out his hand and Jeonghan shook it.

Chan walks to them and immediately clings to Vernon.

"Hyung have you seen my–"

Seungkwan stops on his tracks when he saw the caucasian man. Vernon turns to face the man who entered the room, instantly smiling when he saw who it was.

"Kwannie?"

Seungkwan visibly blushed and began stammering. "Oh H-Hi, what.....what are you doing here? Vernon."

Jeonghan raised an eyebrow, feeling very amused seeing his best friend looking all flustered and awkward, for the second time today.

"I came to pick up little Chan and now we're on our way––Actually are you free now? Cause I'm bringing the kid out for dinner and......uhm..........I was wondering if you would like to.........join us?"

Seungkwan felt himself blush darker as Vernon stared at him. Mostly at his lips.

"Uncle Nonie, is daddy gonna join us for dinner?" Chan's small voice snapped the pair from staring at each other.

Vernon smiled down at the child. "Yes Chan. He promised to join us for dinner this time."

Chan only gave a small smile in return and Jeonghan felt his heart break a little. How many times have Chan's parents missed dinner? With their own child nonetheless. Jeonghan grew up with workaholic parents so he somehow understood how the child felt.

Which lead Jeonghan to wonder what kind of life the child has at home. His concern grew every day and it became apparent how much he really cared about the 4 year old with the way he worries for him. He was ready to do everything to help the child.

"Excuse me, did you say Chan's father is going join you for dinner?" Jeonghan asked after a few moments of silence.

Confused, Vernon only nodded his head. "Yes. he said he will."

"Perfect!" Seungkwan suddenly cuts in, clapping his hands once.

"What? Why?"

"Teacher Yoon have something to discuss with Chan's father, don't you Teacher Yoon?"

Jeonghan lightly glared at his best friend. Clearly misunderstanding Seungkwan's intention and the latter notices it. He lets out an exasperated sigh and gestured to Chan. Jeonghan finally understood and nodded his head.

"Well if that's the case then, You and Teacher Yoon can join us for dinner."

Jeonghan thanked the younger while Seungkwan lets out a squeal and pecks his boyfriend on his lips, earning a glare from the long haired male.

The blonde pulled away with a smug look on his face and the long haired male with annoyance all over his face.

"If it's not to much of a trouble." Jeonghan continued smiling at the caucasian boy.

"Great! We'll wait for you in the car then. Kwannie will know which car. ByeBye!"

Vernon waved goodbye to the teachers and left the classroom with an excited little Chan on his arms. Jeonghan felt his heart warmed up at the sight of the child being happy.

Jeonghan finished packing his stuff and he locked the classroom with a now whining Seungkwan in front of him.

"You're like a sloth Hyung, so slow." the blonde continued to complain as the two of them walk down the hallway.

Jeonghan just ignored his sassy best friend and started walking slower just to annoy the younger.

They eventually reach the parking lot and Seungkwan immediately lead them to Vernon's car. They got in and left the school ground.

On their way to the restaurant, Jeonghan suddenly felt nervous as the thought of finally meeting Chan's father dawned onto him. He only usually met with the children's parents at school, during PTA meetings most of the times. So meeting one now out of school grounds spiked his nerves.

He just hopes Chan's parents are nice.

Half an hour later, they finally pulled over. They got out of the car and Jeonghan's jaw almost fell when he saw what restaurant they were going to dine in.

MEANIE'S CUISINE.

To be more precise.

It's a very very expensive restaurant.

Not exactly the type of place that either Jeonghan or Seungkwan can afford.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 172 22
"Last time you left me, this time you left my heart"
964K 38.2K 47
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
81.5K 1.8K 15
*Seventeen & JeongCheol Fanfic* If you will be offended when you start reading this, please don't read the succeeding chapters.
53.8K 1.6K 70
Kai and Taemin had their secrets. And each other happened to be one of those secrets. There was only two people who truly knew about them, and neithe...