Until The End [The Last Of Us...

By TheLonelySurvivor

I claim no rights to The Last of Us, that is owned by Naughty Dogs and Sony Entertainment. I only claim the c... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1: Companions
Chapter 2: The Other Side
Chapter 3: To The End
Chapter 4: Cut The Strings
Chapter 5: A Favor
Chapter 6: Through Hell We Walk
Chapter 7: Armor Up
Chapter 8: Back to School
Chapter 10: Ambush
Chapter Break
Chapter 11: Ain't Dead Yet
The Last of Us Part 2
Chapter 12: Hotel
Chapter 13: The Great Escape
Chapter 14: Henry and Sam
Chapter 15: By My Side
Chapter 16: Sniper
Chapter 17: Y/N
Chapter 18: The Dam
Chapter 19: Dont Leave Me
Chapter 20: Educated Injury
Chaper 21: With Hell Frozen Over
Chapter 22: Gone Hunting
Chapter 23: Meet Wrath
Chapter 24: Until The End
Epilouge

Chapter 9: Get Out Alive

4.1K 145 28
By TheLonelySurvivor

I'm sorry for all of these notes that I'm leaving at the start of the stories, but I feel like it let's you guys know me a little better and I want to be straight forward with all of you. I really appreciate seeing all of the comments, and waking up to see even more reads and votes is just astounding. I want to keep doing whatever I can to keep you guys entertained and hooked.

With that being said, I gotta ask, how do you guys feel about the length of the chapters? I think I'm doing enough to put a good amount of story in each, but would you guys like to see more writing in each chapter? Please let me know, and enjoy this chapter!

"Oh fuck, they're piling on this fence over here. It won't hold!" Ellie shouted, running now as she said that. The door wasn't budging, so the group went around and luckily found an unlocked window. "Go, everyone in!" Joel said as he opened it up, letting everyone filter through. After everyone got through, Joel started to go in, but was grappled by a clicker. Y/N reacted fast, shooting it off so Joel could get in the room, and they slammed the window shut.

Chapter 9

"That's not gonna hold!" Ellie claimed as she backed away from the window, Joel getting up from the floor. "Bill, make it fast!" He said quickly, looking at the clickers trying to bust down the window. Y/N was looking around rapidly, trying to find any thing to help barricade. This moment... he hated everything about this. Every nerve in his body was firing off signals, he needed to leave this.

But he couldn't leave these three being, not after he made a promise to Ellie. He had to get through this, they would make it out of this. "Y/N, help me with this!" Joel called, breaking the boy out of his trance. Ellie and Joel were trying to push a shelf in front of the door, so Y/N ran over quickly and helped them. Joel and Y/N held the shelf on the door as infected banged against it, close to breaking it down.

"Please tell me you're done!" Joel struggled out, looking at Bill who seemed to be struggling with the hood slightly. Finally he was able to pry it open, but he said nothing when he did. For a second, the only sounds were the other three struggling against some infected. "It's empty." Bill breathed out, getting an immediate reaction from Joel. "What?" He shouted, getting off the shelf and quickly getting over to Bill. "It's fucking empty!"

"Guys!" Ellie said, Y/N and her just barely keeping the infected at bay. "Bill, where to?" Joel asked, looking at him. This mission was no longer about the battery, they just needed to see the light of day again. Bill stammered a bit, not giving an immediate answer. "Bill- where?!" Joel shouted, trying to snap him out of whatever state he was in. "Anywhere but here!" Bill said, making his way to another door that led into the school.

Joel mover over to Ellie, helping her away from the shelf. "Get ready to haul ass, both of you." He said starting to run as Y/N stayed to hold it for a second. The two got to the open door, and Y/N finally let go, sprinting through the door. Infected immediately forced their way through the barricaded door, rushing to get the group when Joel and Ellie shut the door on their face.

Joel held it for a moment, before walking off slowly while watching it. Luckily for them, this door would be able to hold off the infected. They were now in the school, looking down a hallway as they all backed up. "Fuck." Y/N breathed out, taking a moment to try and calm himself. "Let's... sneak around back." Bill said, still trying to collect himself from what just happened.

Joel walked through the hall first, crouching low when he saw a clicker up ahead. "We don't have time for sneaking, I don't know about you all, but I don't want to see how long that door holds." Y/N stated, pulling out his pistol as he sprinted forward. Running on adrenaline and fear, he didn't have time to think. He came up to a clicker, who screamed out when it heard him. Y/N jumped up, planting a foot on the locker next to him and jumping off, hitting the clicker and sending it to the ground. He put a round in its head to finish it off.

The gunshot, or course, got the attention of everything else in the school. "Damnit!" Joel shouted, obviously irritated as he pulled out his shotgun. "Ellie, stay behind me!" He followed up with, following the teenager quickly. Y/N was on a killing spree, keeping his gun steady as he dropped everything running at towards him. Eventually he was out of ammo, though, and there was still a couple infected left.

He threw the pistol at one clicker, hitting it dead in the face. Using his advantage, he rushed the clicker, grabbing it by the arm and throwing it into the runner that was charging him. With them both together, he slung his rifle into his hands and fired one shot, killing them both. He let the rifle drop, resting itself behind his back once more as he picked up his handgun, reloading it quickly.

More shouts came from the building, proving that there were even more infected in the building. Before Y/N could head off, Joel grabbed his arm. "What in the hell are you thinking?" He asked, looking the boy dead in the eyes. "You coulda gotten all of us killed. Get your head in the damn game." He lectured, letting the boy go and heading off towards their only path, a classroom. Ellie came up to Y/N, a worried look on her face. But they couldn't stop and have another conversation, that would have to wait.

Joel led them into a classroom, where they were able to quietly take out two more infected before moving on. It took them a bit of running, but they finally made it to what looked like a dead in with some infected roaming about. The runners weren't a problem, it was being left with nowhere to go that was. Joel looked around, sighing in relief when he found a door. He went to open it, feeling a large amount of resistance on it. Something was blocking their way.

"Help me get this open." He said to Bill, moving so they both could push the door open. They were able to force the door open enough so everyone could squeeze through, then Joel and Y/N barricaded the door back up. There was a moment of safety as they found themselves in a gym, with no infected in sight. "This ain't gonna last for long, lets get out." Joel said, after taking a second to catch his breath.

Almost as if on cue, something slammed from nearby, causing the group to look over to a door. "Oh you've got to be shitting me." Y/N said as they were all immediately on alert. The door was slammed open and a giant, armored infected came stomping out. "Oh fuck." Joel said under his breath, but there was a very different reaction from the two teenagers. "What the fuck is that?!" They both said as they took cover.

The bloater tore off a sack of spores and chucked it at the group, releasing spores all around them. "It's a goddamn bloater!" Bill answered, loading his shotgun frantically. "A What?" Ellie asked, moving cover with Y/N as more spores were thrown at them. "Ellie, Y/N, take cover!" Joel called, grumbling to himself slightly. "I got this." He muttered, loading his shotgun as he vaulted the cover in front of him.

Joel did a good job at keeping his distance and avoiding the spores, but that also meant that the shots weren't hitting as hard as they could. Ellie and Y/N were still behind cover, a little worried for Joel. "I gotta help him." He muttered, looking at Ellie. "Damnit." He said softly, pulling his rifle into his hands and peaking around the corner. Y/N got onto a knee as he saw some runners making their way into the gym, and he took two shots to take them out easily.

Once they were down, he held his breath and aimed at the bloater. In one shot, the thing staggered slightly. He had nailed a pocket of spores, causing some armor to be blasted off. Joel used this advantage to fire in some more rounds, damaging the Bloater well. More runners started pouring in, but this time Bill took care of them. Y/N fired into another spore, leaving another opening for Joel. He noticed the bloater struggling, so Y/N let his rifle drop and rest. He pulled out his combat knife, flipping it slightly and throwing it.

His aim was on, sending the knife straight into one last pocket of spores. It made a small explosion, sending the bloater to the ground. "Oh shit, I was hoping I didn't miss." He muttered, putting his hands on knees as he tried to get some air. They barely had a second to rest in all of this. "Geez, What was up with that big guy?" Ellie asked as she came out of cover, kicking its corpse slightly. "He's been infected for a long time. We call them Bloaters." Joel answered, looking at the two.

"Something else to add to my nightmares, got it." Y/N said, a little breathlessly as he went to retrieve his knife. "I hate to interrupt your little biology lesson, but can we get the fuck out of here?" Bill asked, showing his very obvious displeasure with this place. Joel made his way over to a ledge that seemed to be covered in a tarp to allow them up.

"Come on, get on up," Joel stated, planting himself to boost everyone up. Bill went up first, followed by Y/N who then helped Ellie get up. Right before Joel could get up, some more runners came rushing into the gym. Y/N got rid of them quickly, not even letting Joel pull out his gun. "Let's go," he said quietly, helping Bill get Joel onto the bleachers with them. Everyone moved fast, getting through a window and dropping down onto solid ground, finally out of the school.

Of course, even more infected started crashing in as they took off into a small creek. "Move it!" Bill shouted from up ahead as he found a ladder that lead over a fence. Bill and Ellie got over first, leaving Joel and Y/N to hold the infected off for a minute. Y/N quickly followed behind, watching as Joel climbed up after him. As soon as everyone was over the fence, Bill shoved the ladder off so they couldn't get over.

They all backed up for a moment, watching for a moment before they rushed into the house. Bill closed the glass door, and they all relaxed for the first time in a while. "So that worked out well." Ellie said, looking at the others. Joel gave her an exasperated look, and Ellie stammered a bit. "Uh... we'll go check this side of the house." Ellie stated, grabbing Y/N by the arm and dragging him over.

The two could hear Joel and Bill getting into an argument in the main room, until they quieted down a bit. Ellie and Y/N made their into the garage, getting away from the fighting. "Hey, are you alright?" Ellie asked as soon as they were in the room. "And don't bullshit me, I saw how you were freaking out." She said, looking up at the boy. "Sorry, it's just... what we just went through, it's the exact same way I lost my mom." He said softly.

"Oh... I'm... im sorry." Ellie stammered out, but was cut off by a hand on her shoulder. They didn't really say anything else for a moment, just relaxing in the quiet. "That was amazing, what you did back there with the bloater." Ellie said bluntly, looking at him. The way Y/N fought through that entire school almost seemed inhuman.  "I just wanted to make sure you made it out, so I fought like hell to kill them." He said, a small unseen smile on his face.

The two shared a moment, but it ended when they realized they were leaning on a truck. Y/N looked at it, a little confused. Ellie opened up the door, hopping in it as she tried to start it up. The truck made a revving sound as it fought to come to life, but it couldn't quite do it. Joel and Bill, heading this, came into the room rather quickly.

"Look what we found, it's got some juice in it." Ellie said with a grin, nodding over to Y/N who had the hood up. Bill walked next to the teenager, peering in. "That's my battery. That fuckin' asshole." He said, staring at it for a moment before slamming the hood shut. "Get out." Bill said, watching as Ellie got out. He hopped inside, trying to turn it on himself to check it.

"Sounds like the battery is drained. So much for the battery." Y/N said from the hood, leaning against it. "The cells are still alive." Bill said, now getting out. "Meaning?" Joel asked, looking at Bill. "Meaning we push it, get it started, and the alternator will charge the battery." Bill said, walking over to the hood with Y/N. "That your guess?" Joel questioned, still keeping his eyes on him. "Look, you wanted a Plan B, this is as good as it gets."

"So, What are you thinking?" Ellie asked, walking up to Joel. "I'm thinking you drive and we push." Joel said, pointing to the truck. Ellie hopped into the drivers seat, followed by Y/N who took the passengers seat. He would make sure nothing got Ellie. Joel walked over to the window, looking in. "Y'all gonna be alright?" He asked, checking in on them. "Yeah, we got this." Ellie said, a bit nervously but otherwise fine. "You're both doing a good job. Figured you should know that."

Bill and Joel lifted up the garage door, then moved behind the truck. "Alright, just keep your foot on the clutch, and when we get to rolling-" Bill started to explain, but Ellie cut him off. "I know how to pop a clutch!" She said, getting a bit of a confused look from Y/N. "How the hell- you know what I don't care. Don't fuck it up." Bill said as the two began pushing. Y/N pulled out his pistol, making sure it was loaded. They started rolling down the hill, and Ellie tried to get it started but the car didn't take.

"Great job!" Bill called, obviously not happy with how it turned out. The two got behind the car again, and started pushing. The sound had gotten the attention of infected, who now started piling out fo houses. "Ellie, cover your ears." Y/N said, watching as the girl did as he told. He reached over, grabbing the wheel with one hand and firing off rounds out the window. When he was done, he let Ellie take the wheel as Y/N looked to the other side.

They were able to push it down the street, with Y/N giving covering fire for the two in the back. Luckily, there was a downhill slope they could shove the car down. This time, Ellie was able to get it started. "Hell yeah." Y/N celebrated, looking back to see Joel and Bill hauling ass down the hill. They both jumped into the bed of the truck as infected came rushing after them. "Go!" Joel called, hitting the back of the cab slightly to get them going, and Ellie hit that gas. And they got to watch as the neighborhood passed them by.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 121 35
Brianna was hiding behind a house trying to heal the bite she got. Suddenly she saw a girl infront of her. Ellie realised she got bitten as she took...
54.6K 2.2K 25
Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire _______________________________ Tate grew up as a Seraphite. She never questioned...
24.3K 432 17
This story is fanfiction to the game The Last Of Us (big surprise). Even if you don't know the game, I'm sure you'll be perfectly fine if you read th...
29.6K 996 87
MATURE READ: We loved each other with fragments of ourselves that were dead - Nikita Gill Love. Such a poignant emotion. Such a terrifying feeling to...